Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: (18774 Views)

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Ask A Somali / Dem Somali Girls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 8:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
@MxDarkskin if anyone was insulting Somalis thank you very much for defending us. Everyone is Immigrants and refugees its not anything to show off about as there are tons of Nigerians, Somalis and Jamaicans in Europe and north america. So refugees is not a sign of superiority.

Yes maybe this Somali is a fake I don't see the point of this thread. But I used it as a point to spread the message of a country that should NO MUST be recognized SOMALILAND. We want nothing to do with Somalia and don't even share anything with them.  

I'm a big fan of Jamaicans cool, down to earth people. Keep flying the Jamaican flag and representing your people Sweety like me I'm trying to spread the good message of my country SOMALILAND.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Somaliland:

@MxDarkskin if anyone was insulting Somalis thank you very much for defending us. Everyone is Immigrants and refugees its not anything to show off about as there are tons of Nigerians, Somalis and Jamaicans in Europe and north america. So refugees is not a sign of superiority.

Yes maybe this Somali is a fake I don't see the point of this thread. But I used it as a point to spread the message of a country that should NO MUST be recognized SOMALILAND. We want nothing to do with Somalia and don't even share anything with them.  

I'm a big fan of Jamaicans cool, down to earth people. Keep flying the Jamaican flag and representing your people Sweety like me I'm trying to spread the good message of my country SOMALILAND.

And I sure will keep repping my flag till I drop dead. I have no beef with Nigerians, so if a few ppl want to feel superior with insults and making fun of things that are sensitive to others let them do so. At least I know NOT ALL NIGERIANS are like that. God bless them and you too.

At Ragdollz its all about 'African Unity' when it is convenient for you, funny thing is not even 5 posts above you referred to other blacks as 'black monkies' and your country as being better. Keep showing yourself and hiding behind the 'victim veil' I see right through you.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 8:26pm On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

And I sure will keep repping my flag till I drop dead. I have no beef with Nigerians, so if a few ppl want to feel superior with insults and maing fun of things that are sensitive to others let them do so. At least I know NOT ALL NIGERIANS are like that. God bless them and you too.

Shut the fu-ck UP!!! Hee hee, you feel all righteous and useful now, don't you!? Needy ugly bi-tch!!! Clap yourself on your hunchback and tell yourself you've done your good deed for the day! Meanwhile, keep repping your lame Jamo heritage while we Nigerians give you a home to spend time and act as an African mediator. ODE!!
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
ragdollz:

Shut the fu-ck UP!!! Hee hee, you feel all righteous and useful now, don't you!? Needy ugly bi-tch!!! Clap yourself on your hunchback and tell yourself you've done your good deed for the day! Meanwhile, keep repping your lame Jamo heritage while we Nigerians give you a home to spend time and act as an African mediator. ODE!!

*'yawns' and looks for something to eat.
I think I will watch a movie too!*  cheesy

Africa vs. Jamaica lol typical. And I am prejudiced  tongue Take some
water pills for your blood pressure, mumu.

btw make me biotch.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin, whats the beef between jamaican and Nigerian pls feel me in hun?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 8:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
LMAOOO.

I think I'll excuse you two to catch up, it's getting lame up in here. When I want to restart on your ugly jamo needy interfering usurping arze, I'll get back to you grin grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^good give your roommate back her computer. wink

@Somaliland.

there is no beef. Here in the States we get along fairly well.
In fact the Nigerians here love me and I love them  cheesy. I hear in the UK
there isn't a lot of open minds on both sides due to historical events so there is tension.
Somehow I being Jamo, automatically fall into what ever stereotypes
they have over there, but I am here and it is no concern of mine.
I just ask for respect, didn't get it from some, and I diss them back.
But it's not Jamaica vs. Nigeria. Jamaicans back home would do
anything to meet an African regardless. I am here because of my love
for Africa and I am dissed by a few, but I take it and move on.  smiley
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 8:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
I was really shocked to hear some peeps on here suggest that Somalis have a disdain for dark skin shocked I even followed the link to Somali land and it seems that the suggestion actually was credible. shocked

Is this not same somali that K'naan comes from undecided
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
K'Naan? doesn't that mean 'black'? or am I tripping? grin
I am a bit rusty on East African history. Lemme look it up smiley

Disdain for dark skin? really? considering the fact that most somalis are brown to dark
hmmmm. Somaliland is this true? cry cry
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
DEATH!

*mz.d slaps herself!!!!!*

K'Naan the rapper! grin grin LOL LOL LOL

OK! I was thinking about Kemet, or Kmet.
OMG! that wasn't embarassing tongue
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^^^

I dont know what K'naan means in any parlance. But there is a very good Somali lyricist (I wont call him rapper cos going by today's standard he is too good to be called just a rapper) whose songs I enjoy very much.

Dude is dark skinned btw cheesy
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

DEATH!
*mz.d slaps herself!!!!!*

K'Naan the rapper! grin grin LOL LOL LOL

OK! I was thinking about Kemet, or Kmet.
OMG! that wasn't embarassing tongue

No need for damage control now. The cat is already out the bag tongue
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Phate07(m): 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

[s]and I am KOLO? lol.

Don't run up your blood pressure, you might faint. tongue

The only ppl who dislike me are those who are jobless and prejudice as yourself.
Keep blowing steam trying to use that miscommunication above as a way to justify
your frustrations. You are prejudiced and pea brained. Outsider my box foot, tongue

Is Seun the owner or an imb3cile chimpanzee like you? Did he not invite foreigners?
Okay then LOW ME. btw it was NEVER a game btwn yourself and I, don't get it twisted.
I loathe you just as much as you are obsessed with me. Hang yourself but not after having cried
me a river.
[/s]

@Babe nope. I'm not poking fun. The way I see it as an 'outsider' is Africa is Africa. I see all Africans
as distant brothers and sisters, none better than the other. That is what I was trying to convey but
it was taken the wrong way.

To Yourself, Phate and Inked, if I offended you I apologize. I should have said it like I wanted to
but out of ANNOYANCE I short handed and after re-reading it I see how it can come off as offensive.

[s]To Raghoggz choke and bleed ho3. tongue tongue yewwwyewww.[/s]

In every society there are always bad eggs, dissidents and anti-societal elements. But the good attributes always outweighs the bad.

I have learnt in this life not to make generalisations, especially ones that can cause bitterness and strife. Stereotypical statements are most always false and dangerous, and should not be trifled with.

I accept your apology nonetheless. Peace.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Disdain for dark skin? really? considering the fact that most somalis are brown to dark
hmmmm. Somaliland is this true? cry cry

Same thoughts that I had when I went thru this thread.

How can a somali call a nigerian monkey  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Isnt that the most delusional statement of the century cheesy
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
Complicated question sweety. Well East africans we have our own african history seprate to West africa, please don't make me open a can of worms lol. Well scientists have proven East africans is were the world began, when say everyone orignated from africa it is EAST AFRICA. The oldest hman remains was found in the horn of africa. Therefore we look different to west africans, we also intermarry with horn of africans and our gene-set is different. We were never involved in the slave trade and had no interactions with white people until the late 1800's and early 1900's as we had strong armies.

Yes so many horn of africans are we are oblivious to this term "Black" what is black, the colour of shadows? How can you call someone black lol. Thats how some people think and see it as an insult, as it was created by the white man. Yes horn of africans are PROUD to be AFRICAN. But don't see any connection with this made up word "black"

I think i answered that as best as possible  grin grin
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
Somaliland:

Complicated question sweety. Well East africans we have our own african history seprate to West africa, please don't make me open a can of worms lol. Well scientists have proven East africans is were the world began, when say everyone orignated from africa it is EAST AFRICA. The oldest hman remains was found in the horn of africa. Therefore we look different to west africans, we also intermarry with horn of africans and our gene-set is different. We were never involved in the slave trade and had no interactions with white people until the late 1800's and early 1900's as we had strong armies.

Yes so many horn of africans are we are oblivious to this term "Black" what is black, the colour of shadows? How can you call someone black lol. Thats how some people think and see it as an insult, as it was created by the white man. Yes horn of africans are PROUD to be AFRICAN. But don't see any connection with this made up word "black"

I think i answered that as best as possible grin grin

I have read a whole lot of crapola on NL. This takes the cake.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
I see all Africans as distant brothers and sisters, none better than the other. That is what I was trying to convey but
it was taken the wrong way.

that's your problem, not ours.

bloody liar.

Jamaicans back home would do anything to meet an African regardless

is that so.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
Basseti:

I have read a whole lot of crapola on NL. This takes the cake.

Our neighbours Ethiopians would say worse then monkey lol, please look at the great and grand hisotry of East africa specially the horn of Africa, land of warriors and such rich history.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
Somaliland:

Our neighbours Ethiopians would say worse then monkey lol, please look at the great and grand hisotry of East africa specially the horn of Africa, land of warriors and such rich history.

I also call them delusional.

However, they have a reason to be delusional. Most (or some) are fair skinned.

Whats the reason for your own delusion?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
Anybody who calls another person a monkey, is a monkey them self. That is all I am going to say,

1 Like

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
any somalis who spent some time in or grew up in lagos?

kindly reveal yourselves if you're here. Let's chat, and this doesnt include the ones moving with nigerian 419ers or other anti-social elements. We wouldnt have anything to chat about in that case.

all this monkey talk doesnt faze me too much really- maybe i'll react to it later, i dont know.

no be say i dey date una, and i'm not trying to get in your good books or anything like that.

however, if you're offending others, then reduce the insults nah.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
Basseti:

I also call them delusional.

However, they have a reason to be delusional. Most (or some) are fair skinned.

Whats the reason for your own delusion?

Thats just one guy who said monkey, all Somalis aren't like that. Were not that much darker then Ethiopians, we are roughly the same colour and share 80% the same genes along with eritreans and Djibouti(who are somalis and Afars). Were all roughly the same colour and share some history together. But I have seen many dark Ethiopians and many light somalis.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2011
i cant imagine a nigerian being in a relationship with a somali, and anytime they fight, na monkey!! monkey!! monkey!! the somali go just dey call im partner. cheesy

the naija go reply say refugee!! refugee!! refugee!!

or whoever starts the insults first will spout whatever they feel applies.

lol.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by cold(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
Lol @Tpia.Meanwhile i see this thread has hit 6 pgs & i wasn't rcving notifications.What did i miss undecided
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 9:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Somaliland:

Thats just one guy who said monkey, all Somalis aren't like that. Were not that much darker then Ethiopians, we are roughly the same colour and share 80% the same genes along with eritreans and Djibouti(who are somalis and Afars). Were all roughly the same colour and share some history together. But I have seen many dark Ethiopians and many light somalis.
tpiah!:

i cant imagine a nigerian being in a relationship with a somali, and anytime they fight, na monkey!! monkey!! monkey!! the somali go just dey call im partner. cheesy

the naija go reply say refugee!! refugee!! refugee!!

or whoever starts the insults first will spout whatever they feel applies. Lol My cousin is married to a Nigerian man, and the only thing they fight about is food, He wants Nigerian food, and she doesn't know how to make it. He is always saying he will take her to Nigeria, but I doubt it. Ps I have never heard the monkey, refugee thing before.

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
Hey guys look what this Ethiopian girls says about BLACK WOMEN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ym4XtxCZ88&feature=player_embedded

Thats what a lot of ethiopian think about blacks^^^
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by african1(f): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
I don't understand! Aren't Ethiopian women black women too? Or is she talking about African Americans ladies alone?
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
Basseti:

^^^^

I dont know what K'naan means in any parlance. But there is a very good Somali lyricist (I wont call him rapper cos going by today's standard he is too good to be called just a rapper) whose songs I enjoy very much.

Dude is dark skinned btw cheesy

I agree. He is VERY talented. I heard a song of his at my job once, I cannot believe I forgot his name  undecided

@Phate: I am glad you accept my apology and I agree with you! There are rotten apples in every orchard, ppl need to realize that.
No nation is without faults Nigeria, Jamaica, America, England, Somalia; etc.

@Tpiah!: old, miserable AND ignorant. Such terrible combination. And yes, there are Jamaicans in Jamaica who would argue with you from now
until next year if you tell them they are not African, in fact many do not wish to travel to any other country in the Caribbean or even America/UK but would do anything to visit an African country. Not all of us are ignorant like some of those in the UK. A lot of us admire you all and are proud of our African heritage. Unfortunately some of us that are blessed to contact those from or visit the Motherland have to encounter ppl such as yourself and Ragdollz  tongue but fortunately ppl like you do not represent all.  cheesy

@Somali: I saw her videos. She is an Ethiopian version of Tpiah!. Some people feel VERY bad about themselves and feel much better putting down others. You can almost see the 'joy/eagerness' on her face as she spoke. She ended up apologizing which was big of her, but at the end of the day she had an AA best friend which kind of confused me but such is life. Some will get it and others wont, I just have no patience for those who REFUSE to. . .Tpiah!  wink

@African1: she claims to exclude Africans, Jamaicans/Caribbeans/Afro. Latinos but is talking about African American women. She is ignorant because in America black is black, nobody takes the time to say 'look at that Ethiopian! or 'look at that Dominican' it's "look at that nigger/black". I really wish black people would elevate and look after each other and stop celebrating division. No wonder we are perceived to be idi0ts. It saddens me. Unless she told a non-black that she is Ethiopian, they would assume her to be African American, and she too would be over looked and stereotyped.

1 Like

Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Somaliland(m): 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2011
african1:

I don't understand! Aren't Ethiopian women black women too? Or is she talking about African Americans ladies alone?

Walalo this term black is made up by white people, africa has 100's of colours not just black and white. What is Black how does it represent people? Its just a stupid word white people use to say to people of african descent.

She doesn't see her self as black so I don't know it somehow turned into "Hate".
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Basseti: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
Somaliland:

Walalo this term black is made up by white people, africa has 100's of colours not just black and white. What is Black how does it represent people? Its just a silly word white people use to say to people of african descent.

She doesn't see her self as black so I don't know it somehow turned into "Hate".

I didnt watch the the stuff on the link u posted but let me say that I dont have a problem with anyone that dont see themselves as black.

I have a problem with anyone that denigrates another fellow cos he/she is black. If U , somaliland think that black is a made up western word ( undecided) thats fine but dont turn around and denigrate another group cos of your perception of thier "blackness".

Besides, it dont matter if U are somali, ethiopian , y'all are n&&ggas to the Western culture. Thats as much as they think of your so called unique history in Africa. Ode. angry
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
Basseti:

I didnt watch the the stuff on the link u posted but let me say that I dont have a problem with anyone that dont see themselves as black.

I have a problem with anyone that denigrates another fellow cos he/she is black. If U , somaliland think that black is a made up western word ( undecided) thats fine but dont turn around and denigrate another group cos of your perception of thier "blackness".

Besides, it dont matter if U are somali, ethiopian , y'all are n&&ggas to the Western culture. Thats as much as they think of your so called unique history in Africa. Ode. angry

sooooo true. When that African man was shot 41 times by the NYPD back in 1999 (i think), blacks from ALL OVER who resided the U.S. were outraged not only because they felt for the brother but because the knew it could have been ANYONE of them. . .US. Black is black.
Re: You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali(me) Is Visiting Here: by ragdollz: 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2011
That hog-mouthed jamo Mzdarkskin is just a fake GOAT. When the Somali started this thread to diss us, she never said a word in OUR defence, even when it got ugly. But when it was ME making a joking comment about the two folks arguing lengthily about their Somali separatism, she was all up in arms "fighting" for their dignity. That's why she DISGUSTS me so much! A two-faced carribean tout self-pi-mping her lame jamo heritage on us: if she's all that, why so stuck trying to mix with Africans esp Nigerians?? Such a LOSER!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okorocha’s Aide Arrested For Stockpiling Arms / My Heroes On Nairaland / Baby Soup In China [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.