Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Am I Suppose To Be Nervous - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Suppose To Be Nervous (747 Views)

Is A Woman Suppose To Claim The State Of Origin Of Her Husband? / Am I Suppose To Be Wary Or Not? / I Am Dying Silently, What Am I Suppose To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by IfeLuvely: 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Finally, our parents are meeting, My fiancé parents are coming over to meet mine, and at this meeting they want to ask my father my hand in marriage,(and also discuss bride price n prop pick a date for the wedding) I know this is the man I wanna be with for the rest of time, but I am Nervous as hell, because now it all seems to be happening for real, because before, it was just dreaming. How can I calm my nervousness??

Also I am scared our parents might disagree on so many things(his parents are more open, whilst mine are reserved), how do I make sure everyone gets along?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by Thirst4Lif: 10:49pm On Apr 04, 2011
You're embarking on a whole new life. It's not unusual to be a little

anxious. Goes with the territory. I'd like to see a wedding take place where

the families DIDN'T disagree. Quite normal. Just take a few deep breaths and PRAY!

wink
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by HighChief4(m): 1:49am On Apr 05, 2011
Just go on your knees and pray to God.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by MaiSuya(m): 10:32am On Apr 05, 2011
I guess your description of your parents as 'reserved' is because they're insisting on the very best for their daughter. Surely you can't blame them for doing that, can you?

It's natural to be a little nervous. Like the others have said just pray and by God's Grace everything will go well.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Apr 05, 2011
Mai Suya:

I guess your description of your parents as 'reserved' is because they're insisting on the very best for their daughter. Surely you can't blame them for doing that, can you?

It's[b] natural to be a little nervous.[/b] Like the others have said just pray and by God's Grace everything will go well.
I feel ya.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Nervous by afrobaby(f): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
I felt the same way when I wanted to do my introduction, when I told my fiance, he said, babe, u are not nervous, it is called ANXIETY
I was like, man, wat, dis is not the time for grammar jare, being anxious and being nervous, are they not the same? He then said u are anxious to be my wife, am anxious to be ur husband and our parents are anxious to see their children as husband and wife, and because u know it is all about us, you are very very happy, don't be scared my dear, it is well in Jesus name, and that was it, I became calm cos I know it's all because of us
My dear all u need do is pray to God to make it a permanent success cos indeed it's gonna be a success and pls be calm, it is well,
IT IS JUST NORMAL, WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF THE ENGAGED

(1) (Reply)

Real Family Palaver-whats Your Opinion. / Iui, Ivf, Icsi Etc Fertility Promo, Cal 08038183212 / Swedish High School Student Fails Bio Class For Saying Homosexuality ‘abnormal’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.