Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,091 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria (120109 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / List Of The Best Universities In Nigeria In 2015 / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by bankylan: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
, BETTER BY FAR, GREAT UNILORIN, I only advise the lecturers stop 'giving' their brilliant students 2.2, CAN YOU IMAGINE TEN PEOPLE HAVING FIRST CLASS IN A CLASS IN SOME UNIVERSITIES?, That has never happened in unilorin,
I thought i would get first class from unilorin in 2002, but I was even lucky to come out with 2.1, but there are brilliant guys who are ACA, AND CFA Certified today, but managed to get 2.2 out of ilorin,
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by baslone: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
Unilorin no doubt!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ariyebaba(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
I M PROUD TO BE ALUMNI OF UNILORIN.
GREAT UNILORITES!!!
WE ARE ON TOP

BETTER BY FAR !!!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Vinazo: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2011
IPlease what is the basis for the assesment? Is it based on where you schooled? undecided
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by desholah(m): 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
MAMA GEE are you going back to Nigeria for schooling? shocked shocked cheesy cheesy wink
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Jaytee67(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2011
I am also a proud alumni of Unilorin.
Great, Great, Great and Greatest of the Greatest Unilorites!!! Great!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2011
9ja unis:- a play ground where students learn themselves without adequate facilities and d institution will award d degree at d end of the day,
we really dnt apply wat we learn in school when we gain employment, No surprise,a pharmacist by inclination is a bank manager while banking & finance graduates r roaming d streets  grin grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Schrodinga(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
teskyg:

Where is UNIMAID?It should be on that list.I can only see Sex for Marks and Cultist  Universities. What is LASU doing on the list.Which of the LASU.AGEGE,ANTHONY,YABA??
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
DerMeister:

, just degree awarding bodies,
grin grin grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by olumyde5(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
Jaytee67:

I am also a proud alumni of Unilorin.
Great, Great, Great and Greatest of the Greatest Unilorites!!! Great!

Wa sere, better by far is really better by far
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by OWOLAYEMO: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
Not withstanding the trouble, I think LASU should top the list! - Egbami ooo, some body just stoned me for written that-haters!!! grin grin grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
FUTO sure tops that list wether una like it or wethernt
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by JahMan1: 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
Is it the same UNILORIN that one colleague that graduated from there is known for throwing atomic bomb?
His spoken english leaves even our security men rolling on the ground with laughter.And he graduated from the Mgt Sciences oo!

Anyway, not quite good to judge a whole school by one candidate.But I am yet to see an exceptional graduate from there.I will try harder.

I was priviledged some 5 years ago to supervise trainees from various universities and surprisingly the smartest graduated from Babcock University.I was not happy with the trainee from my school.

The Covenant guy was reasonably smart and sociable but his english sometimes purges 'belle'.
The OAU lady and guy were just feeling intelligent but couldn't learn that fast and soon started feeling insecure.
UNILAG guy was intelligent but unable to mix well with others.He was a 'pako' boy feeling 'aje-butter'.
The UI guy was claiming enigmatic professor but was at best confused with even the accounting software.
The UNILORIN lady's dentition was scary and inferiority complex almost weighed her down if not for my timely intervention that brought out the best in her.
The UNN guy wanted to outsmart others not because he was really smarter but 'em wan do fast guy'.Unfortunately,that's my university.I gave him a stricter close marking and wasn't surprised when I learnt he graduated from Computer Science Dept.Lions & Lionesses in NL will understand me better.
The ABU guy(accounting grad) was well trained in the use of application softwares better than any math or accounting graduate from a university in the south.But he is always on his own and talks very little.Always laughing from chin to chin even when u dey yab am.
The ABSU babe ofcourse was smart but was charmingly but innocently attractive and I wondered if that was why she kept on delivering.
The UNIZIK lady was very warm,professional and delivering.However,I was afraid that some men might clash because of her(both internal and external customers).
UNICAL lady only knew how to socialize.However,I gained alot because after the many suitors drop goodies for her,she'll naturally pay homage by dropping my share under my table before going home.Maybe just to bribe me to let her be.
FUTO lady was very business-minded.I was shocked to learn that she switches off her cell phone inorder not to be distracted at work,even when this wasn't enforced.She has her mind set on both business for the bank and at the close of business make calls on her own business.

So judging by these real life graduates,where are those western journalists getting their information from before ranking?

naija worry oo!.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by GSyntax(m): 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ Jah Man, I think your post was very amusing and by far most practical. I nearly laughed my heart out about the UNN guy.lol. Funny enough, I am a Lion from that Dept (though I read combine honours: Comp Sci/Maths), and I understand exactly what you were saying. What you said was not out of place. How was your day? Hope you are good?
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by bid4rich(m): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
Thirdconded: LASU should be removed.
I have entered many schools LASU is fine but they are money eaters and dubious set of people.
In terms of quality education and structure think Covenant university, University of Ibadan, University of Ilorin etc carry the votes
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by JahMan1: 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2011
@G_Syntax,
I am good and my day was very fine.
You must be a strong man in combining the two deadly brothers in Abuja building.
Next time Great Lion!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by hardbody: 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
There is just no basis for the required comparative analysis. I finished my programme in a record 4 years in a university in the south east, i can hold my own in my profession against anyone whether here or elsewhere (as in within or without the country), i came to pick a first Masters from one of the effizzy universities, i eventually did, within a record 18months too, but they almost sucked away what i brought with me from my first degree, i mean, it was terrible. Interestingly, the later citadel has consistently made the ranks that most people have put out here. I wanted to follow through with a doctoral programme in that same Uni, but i advised myself agains doing so, at least not in that citadel anymore. Having said that, i am aware that rankings are done in terms of disciplines and faculties and then perhaps overall, based on aggregates. Of course if we are talking about Unis with the most beautiful pieces of edifice but living in past glory, we know them, but if you want to get the best in academic excellence, you need to go beyond the personal aggrandizing efforts that people are putting out here just to justify their schools. There are indeed some good universities coming from the second generation and they include Uniben, Unijos and Unical. These were reputed to be good IN MY PROFESSION and that was as at then, i dont know what the standards are today, especially when people pass JAMB and fail post JAMB which is supposed to be easier.
Anyways, if you really need a first degree, go to any of these universities, apply yourself to it and believe me, you will know enough to enable you make a first move either in the labour market or in a profession. Enough said,
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by orbaxy(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
freecocoa:

FUTO sure tops that list wether una like it or wethernt

Drink on me! grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ThinIce1: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
I attended Unilag for little over a year before coming to the US. It's a nice school but with a lot of distractions.
It seems Univ. of Ilorin is on everyone's list. Although, I have a number of friends there, I assumed that it wasn't their top choice. This is new to me. Please explain. I'm impressed.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2011
Ebonyi state uni
enugu state uni tech
abia state uni
kogi state uni
imo state uni
kwara state uni uniben
oau
anambra state uni beat it!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ncpat(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2011
well to me what makes school best is if there is no corruption in that school,like lecturer collecting money from student to award them mark they did not merit or school where people go there to buy result so to me i give you Gombe State University because you can never bribe anybody there and nobody or lecturer will tell you to buy their hand-out in other to get marks what you wrote is what you will get and the door of the VC is open for any complain,no cultisism,no strike and good enabling environment with security all over the place.

GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY is no 1 in nigeria

picture below more to come

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Oskilala: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) No 1 on da list, believe it or not, They have d best brains. smiley smiley smiley
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Emmy3(m): 12:47am On Apr 07, 2011
FUTO:

Federal University of Technology, Owerri. {FUTO}
[COLOR=RED]Nø 1 on the list, believe it or not[/COLOR], They have the best brains. smiley smiley smiley
DAT IT!!!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Emmy3(m): 12:59am On Apr 07, 2011
NAIRALAND:

Ebonyi State Uni.,

Enugu State Uni. of Tech.,

Abia State Uni.,

kogi State Uni.,

Imo State Uni.,

kwara State Uni.,

Uni. of Benin,

Anambra State Uni.,

Uni. of Port
Are nowhere to be found among the best in terms of BRAINS xcept in beauty & appearance. . .
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by jobadmin(m): 4:24am On Apr 07, 2011
uNIVERISTY OF Ibadan

OAU

Univeristy of ILORIN

Univerisity Of LAGOS

uNIVERISTY OF bENIN

fEDERAL UNIVERISTY OF TECHNOLOGY, aKURE

aHMADU bELLO unIVERSITY

Univeristy of Nigeria, Nsukka

uNIVERISTY OF PORT HARCOURT

lAGOS state University
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by JahMan1: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2011
@ncpat,
please where is Gombe State Univ located?
Gombe?
Kumo?
Billiri?
Kaltungo?
Yamaltu/Debba?
Ashaka?
Mallam Sidi?
I'll love to go back to Gombe and lecture there.
Do they accept 'Nyamiris'?
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by capsogiga(m): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2011
u are all talking bullshit. The best university in Nigeria is UNIVERSITY OF MUSHIN. Our slogan is "HA! OUN TUN DA. JEUN SO KE !!!

VICE-CHANCELLOR:ALHAJI(PROF) RAFIU AKANNI OLOHUNWA (UP NATIONAL)
BURSAR: MC MUSILIU OLUOMO AKA "GBA OWO MI LOWO JOO"!!
REGISTRAR:TOPE JANGUROFA(AKA "TI AJA BAN SIN WI, A MO OJU INA"  !!!

COURSES AVAILABLE(Bsc,Msc,Phd):
THUGGERY, TOUTING,EXTORTION,RIOTING,STREET FIGHTING etc

1 Like

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by klovesh: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2011
Im sorry to say this but I think it will be an embarassment to Nigeria if Unilorin is indeed the best university.
Ranking or no ranking, what determines the quality of school is the quality of the graduates. Bingo.

I have met and worked with graduates from many universities, and I have not seen Unilorin graduates to be in any way special. In fact, most of them have not impressed me at all. That a university does not give first class degrees easily is not an indication that it is better that others.
First class graduates from institutions like OAU, Unilag, UI that give more readily have gone out to prove their mettle, even outside the country, and that provides a justification. I hardly hear of my friends studying abroad talking about Unilorin graduates, though graduates from these other schools are easily found there

I believe Unilorin's stinginess is more out of the insecurity of the lecturers, tradition and sorry to say, the unworthiness or many of the students. How will you tell me that none of your students deserve a first class. It does not happen even in the world's top universities, so how do we explain Unilorin's own?

In this kind of thread, everyone will claim his/her school is the best sha. So, its allowed
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by gaskydudu: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2011
Nice one @ Jahman

Interesting read! grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Solar74: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2011
@redman, spot on! Compared with other Nigerian Universities, UNILORIN is better by far. One thing they should work on is the reluctance towards grading, On the overall assessment, UNILORIN has improved and still improving, BETTER BY FAR!!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2011
well it is ok to rate one school above the other
i do not celebrate mediocrity
so i will not comment on which school is the best or not.

untill we transform from an educational system that judges people by grades to one that judges by potentials we still have a long way to go

in nigeria you make yourself who you are and not the university

a school like havard has produced presidents, captains of industry, scholars
but the truth was that not all of them even graduated.

how many schools even do interviews before, admission, what about writing essays,
not to talk of exchange programs,
please lets look past sentiments and talk about real issues facing our educational sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread / University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.