Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria (120122 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / List Of The Best Universities In Nigeria In 2015 / Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 1:36am On Apr 05, 2011
Please can anyone post Nigeria's University ranking on here?
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by BABE3: 1:41am On Apr 05, 2011
Univeristy of ILORIN

uNIVERISTY OF Ibadan

Univerisity Of LAGOS

OAU

uNIVERISTY OF bENIN

fEDERAL UNIVERISTY OF TECHNOLOGY, aKURE

aHMADU bELLO unIVERSITY

uNIVERISTY OF PORT HARCOURT

lAGOS state University

Univeristy of Nigeria, Nsukka

cheesy You're welcome. Courtesy of Bing!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2011
@ babe ur list is good but its not real, for jus one reason, y in gods name did u include lagos state uni
@op no doubt
uni ilorin
oau
ui
uniben
unilag(for effizy)
nnsuka
abu
uniport
futa
lautech
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Dclique(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2011
LASU should top that list.

1 Like

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by cantell(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2011
ULSHERLAN:

@ babe your list is good but its not real, for jus one reason, y in gods name did u include lagos state uni
@op no doubt
uni ilorin
oau
ui
uniben
unilag(for effizy)
nnsuka
abu
uniport
futa
lautech

Same with you! Your list is good but not real.
Why would you put uniben and unilag above UNN - Nsukka?
For heavens sake, she wants to know the best school in terms of education not aristo or effizi level.
And whats lautech doing in ur list? Your school i guess? Abeg comot am for that list.
We neva see people wey dey stand na people wey dey lie down we go see.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2011
Fine and guud i guess u might be correct and also wrong, i listed d schools not based on d hierachy, i listed dem based on how i remembered, and u can remove any school for all i care but u shudnt put LASU in aniform in d list, well u can re arrange d skus, she asked for d list of d top 10 skus not really d best to d leat best 1o schools,
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by bisotec(m): 11:40am On Apr 05, 2011
What the hell LASU is doing on this list.
You did not see the topic?
The poster did not say LIST OF WORST 10 UNIVERSITIES.
LASU is the worst.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2011
bisotec:

What the hell LASU is doing on this list.
You did not see the topic?
The poster did not say LIST OF WORST 10 UNIVERSITIES.
LASU is the worst.
seconded
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by theomaris(f): 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
UNN
UNILAG
MADONNA
UNI ILORIN
UNIBEN
UNI IBADAN
OAU
LAOTECH
UNIPORT
FUTA
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Tunsbobo(m): 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
Well, according to, www.4icu.org/ng/ , Lasu is in the list of the top ten universities in Nigeria! These are the top ten;
1 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
2 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
3 University of Lagos
Lagos
4 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
5 University of Benin
Ugbowo and other locations
6 Federal University of
Technology, Akure
Akure
7 Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria
8 University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt
9 Lagos State University
Ojo
10 University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Nsukka and other locations
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by shomatth(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2011
d latest and 2010 ranking are :- 1. UNI ILORIN
2. UNI IBADAN
3.UNI LAG
4.OAU
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by BABE3: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
@ People saying my list is not real. At the end of my list, I stated "Courtesy of Bing".So, I didn't make it up. I don't know much about Nigerian Unis, apart from the fact that they always go on strike and the privates ones don't allow phones shocked cool

1 Like

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:15am On Apr 06, 2011
@babe No body is saying or blaming u, d only school dat shud be outta dat list wen we talking bout top unis is lagos state university cos dat sku is whack big time in everything
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Tunsbobo(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2011
Well according to www.4icu.org/ng/ , lasu is on the list of the 10 best universities in the country;
1 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
2 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
3 University of Lagos
Lagos
4 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
5 University of Benin
Ugbowo and other locations
6 Federal University of
Technology, Akure
Akure
7 Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria
8 University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt
9 Lagos State University
Ojo
10 University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Nsukka and other locations
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:41am On Apr 06, 2011
BABE!:

@ People saying my list is not real. At the end of my list, I stated "Courtesy of Bing".So, I didn't make it up. I don't know much about Nigerian Unis, apart from the fact that they always go on strike and the privates ones don't allow phones shocked cool

Thats a cracker!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by r231(m): 11:22am On Apr 06, 2011
Unipetrol is the best one cheesy grin
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by ssemire(f): 11:37am On Apr 06, 2011
i beg to differ on the many negative comments about LASU. the last time i checked, they were going head to head with other schools in academic competition. The school has stepped up its game and is getting better so it deserves a rightful place. My cousin went to the school and I was impressed with his line of reasoning and articulation. please LASU should be on the list o
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by DerMeister: 11:44am On Apr 06, 2011
There are no Universities in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by DerMeister: 11:45am On Apr 06, 2011
, just degree awarding bodies,
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by sewa36447(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2011
There is sentiment in all the above answers. It seems is only those that school in west that have been posting. Below is mine own choice,

1. Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
2. University on Nigeria Nsukka.
3. Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.
4. Unimaid.
5. Unijos.
6. Abia State University Uturu.
7. Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
8. University of Port Harcourt.
9. University of Lagos.
10. Caritas Enugu.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by gaskydudu: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
Hmmm, Just like the US and UK, the ivory league and redbricks are mostly the oldest universities. Based on this benchmark my ranking is as follows:

1. University Of Ibadan-(biased decision for obvious reasons) wink
2. O.A.U
3. U.N.N
4. UNILAG
5. UNIBEN
6. A.B.U
7. University of Ilorin
8. Covenant Uni- These entered the league cos i've worked with a couple of graduates from there, and they have been really smart

I can't think of any more, sorry tongue
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by 1k001(m): 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
what's the criteria for all these rankings? University rankings are always subjective even with the most objective of aims so tell us the basis for your rankings.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by DerMeister: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2011
sewa36447:

There is sentiment in all the above answers. It seems is only those that school in west that have been posting. Below is mine own choice,

1. Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
2. University on Nigeria Nsukka.
3. Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.
4. Unimaid.
5. Unijos.
6. Abia State University Uturu.
7. Ahmadu Bello University

Poor advertising for your school dude, ff you learnt your grammar in any of these "institutes", they should be at the bottom of the list!!!

Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ poster, u should've narrowed it to specialty or any other yardstick. When it comes to Technology, Federal university of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) is da BOMB!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by redcliff: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2011
Unilorin is no 1 in world ranking of nigerian universities
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by teskyg: 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2011
Where is UNIMAID?It should be on that list.I can only see Sex for Marks and Cultist  Universities. What is LASU doing on the list.Which of the LASU.AGEGE,ANTHONY,YABA??
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Ayoobscom(m): 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
Am so proud as an ALUMNI of that GREAT garden UNILORIN,

My Sister is there presently

She's always saying its too tough -i told her it has to be to be meaningful

Beter by far
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by JimmyBoy1: 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2011
This is too open-ended, what are the parameters? what are the indices?, where are the reference data?.
No comment abeg.
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by tuazor: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
FOR FASTER ACADEMIC CALENDER,DESCIPLINE,QUALITY EDUCATION,GOOD ACADEMIC ENVIRONMENT,ABSENCE OF TRIBALISM,RECOGNISED CERTIFICATE AND TRASPARENCY.

UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
UNIVERSITY OF  ILORIN
UNIVERSITY OF BENIN
UNIVERSITY OF  IBADAN
UNIVERSITY OF UNSUKA
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF PORTHARCOURT
NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY WILBERFORCE IRLAND BAYELSA
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AKURE

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by rhythyson: 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, BETA BY FAR FAR cool cool cool cool
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by coolusman: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
Why una go list unis no North.

For Me ko?

ABU
UNIMAID
UNN
UNILAG
NAU
ATBU
UNIJOS
OAU
UI

SHIKENAN, THATS ALL FOR ME THE BEST UNIV.S
Re: List Of The Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria by Musiwa13: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / University Of Maiduguri, (UNIMAID) 2016/2017 Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.