Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) (75062 Views)

The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by LeSudAfricaine: 1:03am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Lagos still far more developed than Nairobi.
You can sing that all you want it won't make that true my friend. "Upper Hill" just one part of Nairobi is better than what the whole Lagos has to offer. Let's leave sentiment aside for a minute

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by justjify(m): 1:04am On Feb 01, 2021
Dumb thread. angry angry angry angry
Go to Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt even Deira in Dubai and see what beauty is.
Many the shit you just showed us is the new definition of Beauty. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
You can sing that all you want it won't make that true my friend. "Upper Hill" just one part of Nairobi is better than what the whole Lagos has to offer. Let's leave sentiment aside for a minute

Is it the one I saw repeatedly in that Nigeria Vs Kenya's forum? Stop fooling yourself.

Nairobi is the capital of slumpolio. grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by edoairways: 1:07am On Feb 01, 2021
Cybercop2002:
Stop denigrating your country because of
your own inadequacies, your greatness is
measured by the strength of your nation.
Only cowards trade their nationality
because patriotism runs in the blood.
Great countries are not made from the
wishes and dreams of a people but from
the compromise and sacrifices of a
generation in history. Great countries are
made not with leaders whose patriotism
overwhelms their personal interests when
its economy is developed by
entrepreneurs and its researches and
findings are dedicated to the
advancement of human interest and value.
Great countries are products of intellectual
and political ideologies, devoid of
primordial sentiments but engaging in
creating a philosophy of national dogma
and character. Until the day we know that
we are the government, the country can
never work for us.
The mistake the original poster made was to compare Lagos with other African countries
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

This (the pronoun) referres to what? Which is the core of Lagos State. What is the core of Lagos state? grin

lexy2014 over to you. Answer.

Lagos State
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by LeSudAfricaine: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Is it the one I saw repeatedly in that Nigeria Vs Kenya's forum? Stop fooling yourself.

Nairobi is the capital of slumpolio. grin
Yes, its still better than anything Ive ever seen from Nigeria to be honest. They maybe be "slumpolio" but they have a thriving tourism industry, that should tell you something don't you think?...no offence but who dare travels to Nigeria, to see what?

3 Likes

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Do you mean the Lagos [Eko] you saw is talking about Lagos state? grin

Yes it is
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 1:15am On Feb 01, 2021
uncleinans:

There's no growth in disunity. Let's start with that. A family that is not united will never grow as a family, as a people. Individuals may grow but the family will never grow.

Like OBJ said "The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human right you should also talk about human duties and obligations". We know the solution to our problem and is either we divide the country or practice true federalism. Is bout the system.

Seun Kuti said there are different kinds of unity. Unity of culture/ethnicity and Unity of purpose. In the USA(Racism) or even Britain(the Irish hate the welsh etc), they're not united at all as countrymen but there's unity of purpose. They know what they want for the country and it's for their commonwealth to be used sensibly for every citizen's benefit.
Don't let our government/political parties fool you. Unity of purpose can exist without unity of ethnicity. Even if we part ways, each ethnic group will still suffer from Unity of purpose.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by LeSudAfricaine: 1:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Pacesetter123:
There is no African city that can be compared to most Nigeria cities except those in Tunisia, Egypt n South Africa.So u people should stop all this shit hyping about Nairobi,Winhauk.Small cities of about 3.5 square kilometers na im una no go allowed me hear words
Algiers, Tunis, Cairo, Nairobi, Windhoek, Tripoli, Casablanca, etc. Yes, Lagos is big, but that's all to it

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by KunleyY19(m): 1:18am On Feb 01, 2021
Quim2:

You don't know what a Skyscraper is do You?
You specifically mentioned that you saw a building not up to 22floors that's what I corrected.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by KunleyY19(m): 1:19am On Feb 01, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

What are you people hustling in Lagos that is different from other states in Nigeria?
What is it in the environment that is different from other states?

No be everything you go understand... Something's are better experienced than being told.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Babysho(m): 1:51am On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Lagos State

Brothers, it's ok. @forgiveness.
grin grin grin Lagos City that, Lagos Isale Eko this, Lagos Atlantic that. grin grin

Sanwo Olu no dey find Chairman for Ministry of Urban Planning nau. Let it go sirs.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by SmokedWhiskey: 3:15am On Feb 01, 2021
Take 21 million people, 95% of who are existing below the poverty line, concentrated in an area of less than 1385 square miles and what do you get? ...I’ll leave the answers up to your imagination. Lagos would have been a lot nicer than it is, but challenges arising from the insanity that everyone needs to live in Lagos (or else nothing) is killing that city. It is possible, you can live elsewhere and then visit or vacation there whenever you feel like. For me personally even though I am a born and bred Lagosian, on my return from my long sojourn abroad I will most likely be settling in Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ondo or anywhere in the SW for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by ajimotoke(m): 3:15am On Feb 01, 2021
If this are the places you shot to prove lagos is beautiful, you are not doing well at all, when there are better places.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Quim2: 5:06am On Feb 01, 2021
KunleyY19:

You specifically mentioned that you saw a building not up to 22floors that's what I corrected.

Alright but I think those bank HQ are more than 32 then. They are actually the tallest structures I have ever seen anywhere in Lagos and the truth is I never took the time to count the floors carefully.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by nony43(m): 5:16am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Lagos City is far more developed than Nairobi, Kigali and Windhoek.

Oga remove Kigali from there. Kigali used to be the neatest city in Africa that was in 2016 or so. My friend turned it to his mecca. What is Lagos known for?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by tidoabdul(m): 5:26am On Feb 01, 2021
wats beautiful about this pictures
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Godsgift7837: 6:44am On Feb 01, 2021
Cybercop2002:
pls ogbeni can you show us the slum or another city apart from this
bro the whole cities in South Africa are more beautiful than Lagos and even some of the villages.

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 01, 2021
Cashsteady:
Lagos kinda look like Los Angeles with the bricks roads the only difference is that lA has more skycrappers

Which Los Angeles? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigga plz cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by ayenale1(m): 6:52am On Feb 01, 2021
Lagos is a super beautiful mega city but lawlessness on the part of govt officials and citizens makes it ugly...
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2021
Cashsteady:
Lagos kinda look like Los Angeles with the bricks roads the only difference is that lA has more skycrappers
how you go compare Lagos with L.A grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Lagos State

Olodo. grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 7:29am On Feb 01, 2021
nony43:

Oga remove Kigali from there. Kigali used to be the neatest city in Africa that was in 2016 or so. My friend turned it to his mecca. What is Lagos known for?

The biggest economy in Africa.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Cybercop2002: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2021
Godsgift7837:
bro the whole cities in South Africa are more beautiful than Lagos and even some of the villages.
A Portuguese, Ricardo Amâncio, tells BAYO
AKINLOYE what thrills him about Nigeria
Where are you from?
I’m from Portugal, Setúbal; for reference, it is
the city in which the great Rashidi Yekini
revealed himself as a football star.
What do you do?
I work for a multinational company
headquartered in Lisbon, Portugal. My job
consists of monitoring all 54 African
economies and identifying investment
opportunities. If anybody has a great
business idea or start-up that he or she
really believes in, I can try to get in touch
with my team so we can work together and
potentially invest in the person’s business. I
do my part in telling the society that Nigeria
and Africa in general, is becoming a really
exciting place for business – full of people
with entrepreneurial spirit.
Despite facing some challenges, I truly
believe Africa is on the right path to
prosperity and Nigeria will emerge in the
medium term as one of the most prominent
economies in the world. In addition,
Nigerians have to know that they have all
the conditions to become a world power.
They just need to adjust some paradigms,
believe in success and keep working hard.
What similarity do you see between
Portugal and Nigeria?
In both countries, the majority of people
know when it is time to work and when it is
time to party. In Portugal and Nigeria,
people work hard, then party hard. In
common, we also display a great spirit of
sacrifice when the person knows that the
reward is worth the effort.
Are you married to a Nigerian or have a
Nigerian partner?
No, I’m happily married to a Portuguese
woman.
What’s the first Nigerian food you tasted?
I think it was pepper soup – a little too spicy
at first. But I still ask for it from time to time.
What Nigerian language do you speak?
I was taught several Pidgin English
expressions but at this moment I can only
remember, ‘Anything for the boys?!’
‘Nothing dey!’
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 7:44am On Feb 01, 2021
forgiveness:

Olodo. grin

Spell olodo
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 8:12am On Feb 01, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
Yes, its still better than anything Ive ever seen from Nigeria to be honest. They maybe be "slumpolio" but they have a thriving tourism industry, that should tell you something don't you think?...no offence but who dare travels to Nigeria, to see what?

Do you think tourism is all about seeing Giraffes and Ostrich? grin

Have you heard about business tourism and religion tourism?

That's what people comes to see in Nigeria and Lagos beat Kenya in that.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Spell olodo

You have learnt a lot for free. grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 8:25am On Feb 01, 2021
Babysho:

Brothers, it's ok. @forgiveness.
grin grin grin Lagos City that, Lagos Isale Eko this, Lagos Atlantic that. grin grin

Sanwo Olu no dey find Chairman for Ministry of Urban Planning nau. Let it go sirs.

Hahahaha! You dey mind the guy. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by cappucino925(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2021
sage:

You are fooling yourself if you believe a country like the USA has cities that look like Oshodi, Makoko, Mushin, Adjegunle or massive sections of the city that look like that.

The ghetto in the USA has central sewage, central water, side walks, nothing like open sewers and gutters, traffic lights, street lights, clear road markings, pedestrian lights

The ghettos in the US are far better than many parts of the Island
He goat between me and you who is the fool here
Google about it if you doubt me
Many slums are in the US Even Germany and Mexico so shut up
its a shame that we have peope like you defaming this country
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 01, 2021
Cashsteady:
Lagos is bae and it's actually better than many cities in Africa.. have watched videos of Accra, Kigali, Kampala, Rabat, and co and I tell u it's all nothing to write home about.

Lagos is a mega slum

Pls dont ever compare lagos and Kigali in ur entire life
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 01, 2021
cappucino925:
He goat between me and you who is the fool here
Google about it if you doubt me
Many slums are in the US Even Germany and Mexico so shut up
its a shame that we have peope like you defaming this country

Some ghettos in USA is far ahead of lagos
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 01, 2021
Cybercop2002:
Stop denigrating your country because of
your own inadequacies, your greatness is
measured by the strength of your nation.
Only cowards trade their nationality
because patriotism runs in the blood.
Great countries are not made from the
wishes and dreams of a people but from
the compromise and sacrifices of a
generation in history. Great countries are
made not with leaders whose patriotism
overwhelms their personal interests when
its economy is developed by
entrepreneurs and its researches and
findings are dedicated to the
advancement of human interest and value.
Great countries are products of intellectual
and political ideologies, devoid of
primordial sentiments but engaging in
creating a philosophy of national dogma
and character. Until the day we know that
we are the government, the country can
never work for us.

Nigeria is a useless country and Lagos is a mega slum

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.