Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) (75031 Views)

The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

This was my comment. All the places you mentioned are not part of Lagos (Lagos city for your understanding).

Lagos is same as Lagos city and it is a city in Lagos state. Do you understand?

Lagos city comprises of the islands and Lagos mainland. It's officially known.

From ur comment below, "Lagos city" and "Lagos", are two different things:

"These are not part of Lagos but part of Lagos state. We are talking about Lagos city."

Lagos city is "officially known" by who? Where are d official emblems? Did d Lagos State govt designate it's areas on d mainland and island as "Lagos city"?

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by johnoj24(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
Where I am in Lagos is not beautiful at all
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by BruncleZuma: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nobody
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Cybercop2002: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Cybercop2002:
though is the system but if the goverment do something inpressive people will subdue cause no one wanna be see as enemy of progress ,80% of ship happening in Nigeria is due to the governing poor government poor people there are many multinational and multi cultural country in the world like UK us and Canada but still prevail because of right governing
let take rwansa genocide or australia aboriginal for example despite the massacre that happened in those country through good leadership the country prevail,Nigeria is just that the political elite are using trials as politic ,tribalis is not huge in Nigeria only few elite who have access to media make it seem like major problem to fuel there agenda
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Cybercop2002: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
Cybercop2002:
though is the system but if the goverment do something inpressive people will subdue cause no one wanna be see as enemy of progress ,80% of ship happening in Nigeria is due to the governing poor government poor people there are many multinational and multi cultural country in the world like UK us and Canada but still prevail because of right governing
let take rwansa genocide or australia aboriginal for example despite the massacre that happened in those country through good leadership the country prevail,Nigeria is just that the political elite are using trials as politic ,tribalis is not huge in Nigeria only few elite who have access to media make it seem like major problem to fuel there agenda
Cybercop2002:
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by thatigboman: 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
Branduche:
Lol Geographer.
VI is just a little part of Lagos.

Next time do proper documented tour.

and the other part of VI is in ogun state? Do u even know what an island means?
Let me educate you. An idland is an area completely sorrounded by water. VI is Victoria Island, completed sortounded by water
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

From ur comment below, "Lagos city" and "Lagos", are two different things:

"These are not part of Lagos but part of Lagos state. We are talking about Lagos city."

Lagos city is "officially known" by who? Where are d official emblems? Did d Lagos State govt designate it's areas on d mainland and island as "Lagos city"?

You misunderstood and now that you are made clear, there is no need addressing this again. Lagos is same as Lagos city.

Yes. Or are Badagry and Epe part of Lagos city? grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by PussyKing(m): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
Still looking for the beautiful photos angry
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

This was my comment. All the places you mentioned are not part of Lagos (Lagos city for your understanding).

Lagos is same as Lagos city and it is a city in Lagos state. Do you understand?

Lagos city comprises of the islands and Lagos mainland. It's officially known.

Someone said this:

"Show me me ajamgbadi and okokomaiko"

In ur response, u said:

Now u are saying that Lagos=Lagos city=Lagos island and mainland.

Since u say ajangbadi and okokomaiko aren't part of Lagos/Lagos city/Lagos island and mainland, pls where are they part of?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by nonxo007(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Cashsteady:

Bro south Africa yes but bostwana and Namibia hell no! Some parts in the island part of Lagos will bury the cities in those two countries this is fact! Lagos is actually beautiful just that most Nigerians are ignorant and don't love their countries
Oga kindly go on youtube and see how far advanced these countries are. This thing you call beauty in Lagos is child's play.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by cappucino925(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
AntonVince:

Use google to get a glimpse of Windhoek and quit arguing blindly. Even Nairobi is way ahead of Lagos.
Why you no dey nairobi? why are you still in the slum with us? Akpamu
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by cappucino925(m): 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
uniquetechng:
From Ojota coming into Lagos is bad , I have lived in Lagos for 44yrs but whenever I travelled outside the country I feel very sad, even Abidjan in Ivory has areas that are better than our own Lekki with central water and sewage systems both of which are essential part of a mega city.
internet travel
you don use your phone google about ivory and abidjan con talks say you don travel
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

You misunderstood and now that you are made clear, there is no need addressing this again. Lagos is same as Lagos city.

Who designated Lagos as Lagos city?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by uncleinans(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lagos way no get road nai the op they say he fine pass other way more developed African countries?. Abuja is even way better than Lagos by far and still you won't compare Abj to this places.

I can't even live in that over crowdy Lagos sef way they smell.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

I didn't misunderstand it and it hasn't been made clear
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by m140(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Cybercop2002:
Stop denigrating your country because of
your own inadequacies, your greatness is
measured by the strength of your nation.
Only cowards trade their nationality
because patriotism runs in the blood.
Great countries are not made from the
wishes and dreams of a people but from
the compromise and sacrifices of a
generation in history. Great countries are
made not with leaders whose patriotism
overwhelms their personal interests when
its economy is developed by
entrepreneurs and its researches and
findings are dedicated to the
advancement of human interest and value.
Great countries are products of intellectual
and political ideologies, devoid of
primordial sentiments but engaging in
creating a philosophy of national dogma
and character. Until the day we know that
we are the government, the country can
never work for us.
God will bless you more. I saw some area of vast land someone edited and was told its Nigeria, I was like this cant be true. You have said it all, we should all make it work instead of looking for it easy, we should all face it
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by cappucino925(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
uncleinans:
Lagos way no get road nai the op they say he fine pass other way more developed African countries?. Abuja is even way better than Lagos by far and still you won't compare Abj to this places.

I can't even live in that over crowdy Lagos sef way they smell.
but i can bet that you live in one of those dirty areas with smelly gutters in front of the house paying 18k anually
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

Someone said this:

"Show me me ajamgbadi and okokomaiko"

In ur response, u said:

Now u are saying that Lagos=Lagos city=Lagos island and mainland.

Since u say ajangbadi and okokomaiko aren't part of Lagos/Lagos city/Lagos island and mainland, pls where are they part of?

A Lagosian understands when I say Lagos mainland. Ajangbadi and Okokomaiko are/were not part of Lagos mainland but the metropolitan.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

Have you understood the difference between Lagos state and Lagos (Lagos city)?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Sagay212: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
What is beautiful about a city that is almost being taken over by hoodlums. Go to most roads, you won't find street lights. Everywhere looks phucking dark , no security , dirts everywhere. Market women almost displaying goods on the roads, no coordination , no nothing.

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't misunderstand it and it hasn't been made clear

Lagos state is one of the 36 states in Nigeria while Lagos (Lagos city) is one of the cities in Lagos state.

Just as we have Oshogbo, Ede, Ilesha, Ife etc in Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
AntonVince:

Use google to get a glimpse of Windhoek and quit arguing blindly.
Even Nairobi is way ahead of Lagos.

Which Nairobi? The one with 60% slum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lastchild: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
edoairways:
Cities in Botswana, Namibia and Republic of South Africa are way ahead of Lagos, I don't understand the unnecessary comparison
I'll only agree with you on south Africa and not others you mentioned
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Have you understood the difference between Lagos state and Lagos (Lagos city)?

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

Lagos state government.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Lagos state is one of the 36 states in Nigeria while Lagos (Lagos city) is one of the cities in Lagos state.

Just as we have Oshogbo, Ede, Ilesha, Ife etc in Osun state.

When was Lagos city created inside Lagos same way oshogbo, ede were created inside Osun state?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Lagos state government.

When was that?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by uncleinans(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
cappucino925:
but i can bet that you live in one of those dirty areas with smelly gutters in front of the house paying 18k anually

You know me? You know where I dey stay? I call your name for this matter? You are lucky this is a faceless forum.

Rum along guy with your medieval Lagos State. 2021 and you are still hyping shit hole in Trump's voice. No wonder Nigeria is still the way it is because of folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Lekki is a city in Lagos state and it's far better than most capital cities in Nigeria.
The overflooding Lekki/Ajah or which one

Everything na packaging fr lagos grin grin
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

A Lagosian understands when I say Lagos mainland. Ajangbadi and Okokomaiko are/were not part of Lagos mainland but the metropolitan.

Is there anything like "metropolitan" in d records of Lagos State govt covering okoko and ajangbadi?
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by forgiveness: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
lexy2014:

When was Lagos city created inside Lagos same way oshogbo, ede were created inside Osun state?

Do you mean when was Lagos city created inside Lagos state?

Let me get you clear first.
Re: Who Said Lagos Is Not Beautiful? (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
forgiveness:

Do you mean when was Lagos city created inside Lagos state?

Let me get you clear first.

Yes. When was it created by d Lagos State govt as "Lagos city"? When did d Lagos State govt officially designate Lagos mainland and island as "Lagos city"?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / See The Road I Saw In Orlu Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.