Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim (32542 Views)

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Deny VP Slot, Says Opponents Afraid of His Rising Name / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Cantonese: 7:42am On Jan 30, 2021
No wahala if he says Igbos in the south south cannot use the south east slot. At least Anyim admitted that there are Igbos in the south south. Going by that also he admitted that Irabor is an Igbo man.

Matter end there!

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by InteriorGuy: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2021
Realerreal:
Hahaha Igbos can never be United! If you are not from Anambra, Enugu or IMO and call yourself Igbo, they will abandon you!

Anyim Pius Anyim is not from any of the states you just mentioned
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 8:57am On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:
the man is trying to say southeast slot should not be going to the South South. always read with your brain. I am not from the southeast but I understand what he is trying to say.

He would have simply said it in a plain manner, and not continue what we have trying to fight.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:

He would have simply said it in a plain manner, and not continue what we have trying to fight.
he said it clearly just that you choose not to understand.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 30, 2021
Nigercity:
The truth is
The Delta ibos except some few communites in Ika
And the numerous Igbos like etche, omuma,oyibo e.t c (excluding ikwerre) have never denied there igboness even here on Nairaland
The people who always shout there are no Igbos in South/south are the ikwerres and the ijaws (with the other minorities tribe in SS) especially the ijaws who feels so much insecured about Igbos in ss (maybe becose of the Niger Delta republic dream which the wants to create with the same Igbos in SS)
And the are just the loudest, check anyone who says the are no Igbos in SS it must definitely be an ijaw man or something an ikwerre man,
Go to there Facebook group, infact everywhere the Only thing the discuss is anti Igbo,

The Igbos Rivers aside ikwerre and the ones in Delta aside Ika are very pro Igbo even here on Nairaland
Check out cjrane and co, even the other woman from Delta
So Igbos from SE should stop generalizing Igbo denials to all Igbos in SS
I could remember some years Igbo the current Delta state governor promised to make Igbo language compulsory in a school across Delta North (Delta Igbo).
Infact onistha and Asaba speaks the same language and are the same people, just separate by state creation..

So Igbos in South south are always pro Igbos
The online trolls mostly comes from other minorities tribe in SS who are insecured about there region
The yoruba people who also says there are no Igbos in SS are just ignorant or just doing for trolls
you don't know anything about Igbo speaking groups in South South.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by Solsix(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
Rugaria:

2 things that are fatally wrong with your submission above:

1) Igbos in the south east are not the ones pushing away Igbos from other areas! On the contrary, Igbos from other areas, especially the fulani invented "south south" are the ones fiercely clamouring for a separate identity! The only time you see Igbos from the south south speak up about how they're being pushed away from their so-called Igbo heritage is during times like this..This forum is littered with so many examples of this! We have threads here where for many pages, it was a tug of war as some BROTHERS from mainly Rivers State and Delta State unleashed all sorts of diatribes on the igbo, simply because in the heat of the political persecution going on against the igboman at the moment, it looks convenient for folks to claim a new identity! That in my opinion is evil and should be condemned! Essentially, your advice should go to the Igbos in other regions to man up, actively identify with their kind in the hinterlands and boldily move forward to possess their possessions!

2) You also get it wrong when you talk of creating a "world class igbo economy" within Nigeria, without the Igbos not being interested in the leadership positions/decisions in Nigeria. That can't work my brother! Folks easily forget that politics come first before the economics. You can't get the right economic policies you need to create a versatile economy, if your traducer is in charge of making political decisions over your head on a daily basis! To even create an export oriented economy for instance, you need to get the macro/micro economic policies right! The CBN for instance, needs to get the fiscal and monetary policies right! Otherwise the final prices of your goods will struggle against the prices of similar goods from other competing economies.. That's just one single consequence of having the CBN governor making policies that run contrary to your interest! Who appoints the CBN governor? It's the president! So how can you create an economy that's competitive enough, if you have a hate filled president appointing officers who will make policies that will kill your initiatives?

High exchange rate means costly prices for raw materials to be imported. It means costly imported machinery since we import most, it means highly costly remuneration policies for foreign expats who might be needed to help with setting up some manufacturing processes.., the list is endless. . We haven't even gone to policies related to setting up the basic infastructures needed to fast track the course of rapid industrialization such as power projects, rail ways, gas distribution, roads, ports, soft loans to SMEs etc... You need to have the right policies at the center to make this happen! Look at how Obasanjo turned Ottah into a manufacturing hub with the gas line biuld up.., look at how Buhari is doing the same in Kaduna. How can any eastern city compete with those cities if policy makers deliberately starved the eastern cities of such foundamental structural investments?
U are right they remember thier Igbo heritage if there is anything to gain

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by mosdii(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
Ehen no problem, this equally means you don't need the votes of igbos in the south south too.

Some kind of statements by so called elder statesmen reeks of stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 9:26am On Jan 30, 2021
[quote author=Rugaria post=98569543]

2 things that are fatally wrong with your submission above:

1) Igbos in the south east are not the ones pushing away Igbos from other areas! On the contrary, Igbos from other areas, especially the fulani invented "south south" are the ones fiercely clamouring for a separate identity! The only time you see Igbos from the south south speak up about how they're being pushed away from their so-called Igbo heritage is during times like this..This forum is littered with so many examples of this! We have threads here where for many pages, it was a tug of war as some BROTHERS from mainly Rivers State and Delta State unleashed all sorts of diatribes on the igbo, simply because in the heat of the political persecution going on against the igboman at the moment, it looks convenient for folks to claim a new identity! That in my opinion is evil and should be condemned! Essentially, your advice should go to the Igbos in other regions to man up, actively identify with their kind in the hinterlands and boldily move forward to possess their possessions!

Firstly, I am an Igbo from Rivers State. I may have accepted my ancestry/ethnicity but many others especially the much younger ones find it hard to accept.
I remember when I was much younger, if you dared call me an Igbo I will be offended but as I grew up, and became a realist I saw that couldn't shy away from my identity for long. Most Igbos in the South South are taught by their parents to deny their ancestry because of the pains associated with being Igbo in Nigeria, and the defeat during the Biafran war. So, its not really the fault of the younglings rather that of their parents and older relatives, I only believe that there should have been a way to mend this relationship, and bring all the Igbo clans together to stop the discrimination of Igbos, I believe that would be the first step in getting them to accept their identity.

2) You also get it wrong when you talk of creating a "world class igbo economy" within Nigeria, without the Igbos not being interested in the leadership positions/decisions in Nigeria. That can't work my brother! Folks easily forget that politics come first before the economics. You can't get the right economic policies you need to create a versatile economy, if your traducer is in charge of making political decisions over your head on a daily basis! To even create an export oriented economy for instance, you need to get the macro/micro economic policies right! The CBN for instance, needs to get the fiscal and monetary policies right! Otherwise the final prices of your goods will struggle against the prices of similar goods from other competing economies.. That's just one single consequence of having the CBN governor making policies that run contrary to your interest! Who appoints the CBN governor? It's the president! So how can you create an economy that's competitive enough, if you have a hate filled president appointing officers who will make policies that will kill your initiatives?

High exchange rate means costly prices for raw materials to be imported. It means costly imported machinery since we import most, it means highly costly remuneration policies for foreign expats who might be needed to help with setting up some manufacturing processes.., the list is endless. . We haven't even gone to policies related to setting up the basic infastructures needed to fast track the course of rapid industrialization such as power projects, rail ways, gas distribution, roads, ports, soft loans to SMEs etc... You need to have the right policies at the center to make this happen! Look at how Obasanjo turned Ottah into a manufacturing hub with the gas line biuld up.., look at how Buhari is doing the same in Kaduna. How can any eastern city compete with those cities if policy makers deliberately starved the eastern cities of such foundamental structural investments?

No, we only need the governors to get it right. If the Eastern governors can get their bearing right, then they can position the South East in the same manner with Lagos. Obiano is currently doing this with Anambara, so why can't Ikpeazu do it with Abia, or Uzodinma with Imo, its just lack of foresight. If this governors can drop their grievances towards each other, and forget party politics then they will move the South East forward. Imagine governors in the South East behave like the governors in Lagos, where they continue with the plan of their predecessors instead of dumping it to start afresh. If all these steps have been followed the SE would have been an investor haven considering it small size.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 9:30am On Jan 30, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

you maybe right my brother but those igbos in other states outside the south east are yet to come to terms that they are igbos or trace their origin to igbo.

That's why we need to foster reconciliation and reformation structures. I am not from the SE but I have accepted my ancestry. Most of these people especially the young ones are taught to deny their Igbo ancestry from a young age by their parents and elderly relatives, probably because of the discrimination associated with being Igbo.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 9:35am On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:

you don't know anything about Igbo speaking groups in South South.

Actually he's very correct. The only Igbos in the South South who constantly deny their Igbk ancestry are the Igbos from Ika (Anioma) and the Ikwerres (although some are pro Igbos). I am from Etche in Rivers State, and in my place and the neighboring Omuma we hardly deny our Igbo ancestry.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 9:38am On Jan 30, 2021
Racoon:

Perfect! I totally agree with you.However, there is nothing that can be done about Igbos who deliberately deny their ancestry.

Yes, I feel it should be similar to what the Jews do. A certain time ago the Jews once said that "who ever is not proud of being a Jew should not be associated with the Jews", we should also learn to apply the same principle.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2021
justosee:
he said it clearly just that you choose not to understand.

No, he should be distinct. We are already trying to mend the bad blood between the various Igbo clans, so he should be very clear by stating the South East and Igbo, when making such statements.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by oshonwambada: 9:59am On Jan 30, 2021
privaldo:
undecided Age is really telling on Pius Anyim, no wonder he doesn't think properly.

Igbos should learn to stop referring to those Igbos outside the SE like people from other tribes. An Igbo man is an Igbo man, whether he's from Etche in Rivers, Anioma in Delta, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, or Gabon, it dosn't change the fact he's an Igbo man. Boundaries shouldn't define ones Igbo affinity.

Ohaneze Ndi Igbo should have been at the forefront of correcting this error but, it seems they are also among those fuelling it for their political gains.

A Jew will first identify as a Jew before referring to any other nationality, so the same should imply for Ndi Igbos. AN IGBO MAN IS AN IGBO MAN.

In my opinion, I don't even think fighting for the Presidency is worth it, we should be talking about developing Ala Igbo to be a world class economy and not falling for this political scheme by these politicians, who are doing this for their benefit. A world class economy would allow us have massive leverage, which in turn would allow us dictate the flow of the tide.
u are right but I wil disagree with to an extent because the igbos of these states always swear that they aren't igbos and they can even fight u if u refer them as one

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by AntiIgbo: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2021
Realerreal:
Hahaha Igbos can never be United! If you are not from Anambra, Enugu or IMO and call yourself Igbo, they will abandon you!

Lol but when they are on their online republic they claim to be one entity grin

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 10:11am On Jan 30, 2021
oshonwambada:
u are right but I wil disagree with to an extent because the igbos of these states always swear that they aren't igbos and they can even fight u if u refer them as one

That's why a reconciliation committee is needed. Most of these people have been told this things from a very young age, and they grow up with it.
Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by OfoIgbo: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2021
The financial derivations from the resources of the Igbos in the southsouth does not accrue to the southeast.
So invariably, southeast presidential/political slots, should only go to southeast persons.

As southsouth Igbos' financial derivations go to the southsouth, southshouth Igbos political slots is a part of the general southsouth political slots.

This is fair.

If south south Igbos want to deep into the southeast political slot, there has to be some sort of restructuring such that southsouth Igbos are grouped in the same geopolitical unit with their fellow southeast Igbo brothers.

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by KosiGee(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2021
I am not a fan of Pius Anyim but I endorse his speech on south east political slots not being taken advantage of by people from other zones irrespective of language similarities.
Igbos have been called expansionists etc when they extend hands of friendship and brotherhood to supposed Igbos outside the south east....

Wike is a perfect example. Watch the link below...This is Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh denying that he is Igbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt-uY1GPh0Y

@Rugaria
Privaldo
Helinues
Ojiofor
AntiIgbo

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by KosiGee(m): 11:04am On Jan 30, 2021
AntiIgbo:

Lol but when they are on their online republic they claim to be one entity grin

I know you are trolling but there’s no problem.

Igbos love their brothers across the Niger and outside the south east, the problem isn’t with the Igbos of South East region but with the confused and mischievous greedy ones who only remember their igboness when they want to gain something.

Ohaneze is filled with Igbos from outside the south east, people like Bishop Chukwuma is from the Niger Delta but has been living in Enugu for many years while holding a very important position as a bishop, Nairaland is littered with threads of Igbos being accused of forcing people to accept their Igboness...I guess Igbos opened their eyes after the likes of Oliseh and Wike showed them their middle fingers.

Oliseh said he isn’t an Igbo man....his contemporary Austin JJ Okocha said he accepted and confirmed himself an Igbo man.

We see lots of threads here about ikwerre people and Ndoni people rejecting and distancing themselves from Igbos.

Like Oliseh and Okocha....Wike has said that he has no Igbo background, his Ikwerre kinsman Rotimi Amaechi said he was more Igbo than lots of South East Igbos and no one can take that away from him.

Pius Anyim only reiterated the need for south east slots to go for south east people.

Let those with confusions about their ethnicity sort themselves out. I’ll be speaking for lots of South East Igbos when I say that we don’t hate or despise anyone but mischievous and greedy individuals should not be taking advantage of Igbos.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by AntiIgbo: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2021
KosiGee:
I am not a fan of Pius Anyim but I endorse his speech on south east political slots not being taken advantage of by people from other zones irrespective of language similarities.
Igbos have been called expansionists etc when they extend hands of friendship and brotherhood to supposed Igbos outside the south east....

Wike is a perfect example. Watch the link below...This is Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh denying that is Igbo.

@Rugaria
Privaldo
Helinues
Ojiofor
AntiIgbo

If I bear an English name, I should not be forced to accept being British

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by privaldo: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2021
KosiGee:

Wike is a perfect example. Watch the link below...This is Sunday Ogochukwu Oliseh denying that is Igbo.

@Rugaria
Privaldo
Helinues
Ojiofor
AntiIgbo

That's why I said accepting your Igbo ancestry should be an individual choice. We need to mend our ties with Igbos outside the SE and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by waleademolaa: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Well even as a yoruba guy that I am, I won't want a yoruba from kwara or kogi taking South west turn, they're in North central. Anyim is right one this one

18 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim by blamingthedevil: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
Is presidency a contest or slot ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Dangote's Cement Price Drop Was To Support GEJ's Agenda / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose / How Long Would It Take Your Country To Fix This Damaged Road, See Reactions(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.