Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' (38728 Views)

Father Kelvin Ugwu Speaks On #SilhouetteChallenge / #SilhouetteChallenge: What The Bible Says (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by EBMedia: 3:22am On Jan 30, 2021
Gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo has condemned the trending #SilhouetteChallenge and has advised women not to partake in it, IgbereTV reports.

In a post on Instagram, the singer urged women to know their self worth and not to follow every trend online.

She advised women to desist from imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around them and be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit as she quotes the bible (Romans 12:2 ).

The singer wrote:

"Dear women, you don't have to follow every trend. Carry thyself with dignity, know your worth.. this is why you are different. "

"Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works (Lifestyle, character) and glorify your father in heaven.. #ISTANDAGAINSTSILHOUTTECHALLENGE."

"Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God’s will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes.
Romans 12:2."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpFcurDS9m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

85 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Mokason288(m): 3:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Hey respect your self... this is the best challenge ever in the history of life

Abegggg allow who wants to show us yash and breast to show us ...

I don’t understand is it your yash?

My only problem with this challenge is that I can’t even pronounce it embarassed

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by fnep2smooth(m): 3:40am On Jan 30, 2021
Nice one dear... Self worth is the key. Nudity is now the selling skills in Nigeria. All these girls have jump on it forgetting that as a guy, we can see you as a sex figure and also have someone we really respect.

The rush for husband is on the raise , every girls are using all they can to get any man that want the same thing.

Sex is not everything, the thing no de belle full. You do today , u are coming back tomorrow to do again.

To tell you that sex is nothing... It has always being 500 since I don no waytin be woman. Still 500 till date. Imagine 500 and we de value like gold. Naija girl wake up

I build any kind of website.
Pay when the job is completed, comes with dot COM dot NG domain and hosting for 1 year

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Those doing it don't have worth, that is why they are doing it.

The end is sure near.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:04am On Jan 30, 2021
When value is unknown, abuse is inevitable!

Matthew 7:6 (KJV)

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

God bless.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by ValCon888: 4:40am On Jan 30, 2021
They can never know their worth because it is psychologically hardwired into their brain to seek for attention.
They love nothing better than to be viewed as sex objects.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by kufman123: 5:51am On Jan 30, 2021
It's saddening how most of our women always fall for anything that allows them exhibit nudity.

13 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by JaneYave(f): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2021
Good advice! How l wish it should be translated to many languages.We follow every trend but many can't imbibe professional money making skills

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by meobizy(f): 7:52am On Jan 30, 2021
This one knows nothing. I wonder how she knew about the challenge to begin with.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by slawormiir: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Harryase(m): 9:46am On Jan 30, 2021
it's sad what we celebrate as a people.

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Racoon(m): 9:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands.
(1 Peter 3:1‭-‬5 KJV)
Our women folks who have made themselves just cheap things as objects of sexuality? Sorry!

11 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by smatt1711: 9:46am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by tardell007(m): 9:46am On Jan 30, 2021
grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by pretydiva(f): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
It's only ladies who do not know their worth and value and have no self respect for themselves that will engage in such stupid act.
The only thing in their brain is how to sexualize themselves. Smh

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by sanpipita(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
Men joined the challenge too, I don't see anyone advising them.

Btw we were all born nude does it mean we are worthless z nudity isn't a sin as far as I'm concerned.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by privaldo: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
She should rest not every one is religious like her, some of us have chosen a different path so let us enjoy it. Everyone doesn't have to be religious, learn to accept people and the character they exhibit, stop forcing people to act in a way they are uncomfortable about.

Everybody in Nigeria is religious yet we are one of the most corrupt countries, so who is responsible for the corruption?

Live and let live.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Lomprico2: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
the Silhouette challenge is not the problem. moral decadence just have 5% battery life left and it's still going down.
and the religious bodies are making it worse.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by festacman(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
Seconded.

Mercy Chinwo: Excess Love, Akamdinelu, Incredible God, Eze, etc. What a voice!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by BlessedNuel: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
Bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Brendaniel: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
when you tell some of them, they call you a hater...

meobizy:
This one knows nothing. I wonder how she knew about the challenge to begin with.

like this one here, If I as a man knows it, then is it her who is also a female like you who will not also know it, people like you will degrade and objectify yourself then expect men to adore and respect you for no reason, if it was a man who gave the advice, we can still say oh maybe it's because he's a man, but your fellow woman is here trying to help the female gender gain respect and all you are doing is insulting her....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by WiszyFraud: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
cheesy

Waste of advice.. Our Naija sisters won't mind killing themselves just to get involved in any trending stuff on social media

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by firstratedcitiz(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
And what do YOU know?
meobizy:

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by NiRfreak(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
The worth our ladies place on themselves is proportional to how beautiful they see themselves, how big their yansh is and how easily men flock around them to pay them and lash their sexual commodity...The worth of our ladies is seen in their sexual market value
Our gals don't understand what Chinwo is talking about.

12 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by GeneralPula: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
Most of them are worthless..

The hoess doing the challenge have their nudes on coded runs, so ain’t nothing so special..

13 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by NothingDoMe: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2021
What's silhouette challenge?

1 Like

Re: Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2021
Bros abeg create a website just like nairaland but with better features.
Since 2005, seun doesn't wanna improve the features of this amazing site.
Pikin wey dem born 2005 don reach to born.
fnep2smooth:
Nice one dear... Self worth is the key. Nudity is now the selling skills in Nigeria. All these girls have jump on it forgetting that as a guy, we can see you as a sex figure and also have someone we really respect.

The rush for husband is on the raise , every girls are using all they can to get any man that want the same thing.

Sex is not everything, the thing no de belle full. You do today , u are coming back tomorrow to do again.

To tell you that sex is nothing... It has always being 500 since I don no waytin be woman. Still 500 till date. Imagine 500 and we de value like gold. Naija girl wake up

I build any kind of website.
Pay when the job is completed, comes with dot COM dot NG domain and hosting for 1 year

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How, Why Founder Of Rccg Woke Up From The Dead The First Time / I Dont Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist / "Attention Well" In Badagry Causes Instant Loss Of Memory If One Drinks From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.