Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 (14923 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West? / INEC Releases Final List For December 5 Bye-Elections Across 11 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
It all started from last year December 5th 2020 till date the half of Rivers state have being in total darkness without the help of the ministry of power of Rivers state and PHCN. The world can understand the hardship and the suffering of buying fuel everyday and the carbon monoxide
released to the air which is dangerous to both the children and the adults also coupled with the present back soothe in Rivers state. Must the people of Elelewon,Apajor,Eleme etc suffer in the hands of the big wigs,or political rascals, are the people not part if Rivers state anymore? The Governor should please weigh into this matter as soon as possible before the mentioned communities take laws into their hands. Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Taich(m): 10:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Is a big disappointment even Phed has no answer to the situation, when called they will tell you that they don't have an idea when power will be restored.
Like I told them, in less than five years from now, if they are not careful, Phed case will be like that of Nitel.

COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

You seems to have an in depth information on this issue. I have used all known channels to get the through picture of things all where giving half info, like I said earlier, people are gradually buying into the idea of living off grid. The more people come into it, the cheaper it will become. Gencos and Discos are on last lap of their monopoly, no one that has an alternative will endure what most of the affected residents are going through.
CodeGenesis thanks for the earlier update, our light has been restored.
AlphaLover:

Oga u are lying

Phedc staff went on strike due to sacking if managers in 3 states .
Their staff av been sabotaging the company since

Phedc is overrun by corruption all their managers especially all those in Rumuodumaya are very corrupt

Another version of the story behind our darkness. The lady I spoke with in their office was sounding so disgruntled that I jejely went to petrol station. What have we not suffered,from contributing for transformer repairs, to replacing vandalised armour cables, to tipping Phed staff to fix our light fault. Our Armour cable theft stopped the moment we decided to be buying new by ourselves from the market as against paying Phed staff to replace and repair.

16 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Bofoy4(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Rivers is living on pass glory I keep on saying this.

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

Wike pls wake up from ur slumber b4 it late.

40 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by 143WaZoBia: 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
Bofoy4:

The Government under wike is a big scam how can a state governor dash another state (kano) 50million to rebuit a burnt markt when 90% of his youth pop are idle, useless and unemploy, involving in cultism on daily basis.

Black out my foot.

cry

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Ever8090: 12:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Living in port Harcourt is becoming difficult due to this light issue..each time I call my village to enquire about light, they will tell me they have light..

18 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 12:50am On Jan 31, 2021
Why is this topic not making headline? Because we are Rivers? Why should we be subjected to bad eggs around the electricity distribution sector? Are the Rivers state people less of importance. Just trying to make common sense.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by engrtee(f): 12:53am On Jan 31, 2021
143WaZoBia:

cry

Power generation . Blame FG
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Elelewon,Apajor,part of woji,Eleme in Rivers state need light after 2 months of darkness even during the festive period. From the feed back the pre paid meter distribution around this areas are about 90%. The question is why NO LIGHT FOR TWO MONTHS and counting...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 1:08am On Jan 31, 2021
Governor Woke we need light in Elelewon,Akapjor,Woji,and Eleme....the people are suffering sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by cunicinni12: 1:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Black out for months....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Cj4charles(m): 4:54am On Jan 31, 2021
The governor should sit up and discuss with the appropriate body involve

5 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by funkybroyouknow: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2021
Meanwhile Wike gives 500m to Sokoto, presidential ambition means more than the welfare of rivers people.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by helinues: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2021
shocked

Meanwhile, Emperor Wike was busy dashing money up in the North

9 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 4:56am On Jan 31, 2021
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys in collaboration with some Rivers sate youths frm the community vandalized five of those big TCN towers,the one in the second picture, that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged that the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by obonujoker(m): 4:57am On Jan 31, 2021
Too bad
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by jojofola: 4:57am On Jan 31, 2021
The Governor only knows how to gift state judges, SUVs and deploy army to its suburb areas.

Nigeria problems no be small pikin own.

14 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by aragonchuks(m): 4:58am On Jan 31, 2021
Nigeria is still in the 19th century , Op at least you get generator ..

1 Like

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Damseldammie(f): 4:59am On Jan 31, 2021
9ja is a failure

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Uniquepro773: 5:00am On Jan 31, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:00am On Jan 31, 2021
Let me also remind the people of Nigeria violence is not everything but good dialogue and understanding.
Can you please expansiate on the violence part please?
Violence from who and where?

Peace is all we want in our nation.

AlphaLover:

Guy Kidnapping ruined Rivers state n Delta state

All the expatriates wey dey spend money do well ran away

Rivers youths kill der state wit der own hands
Kidnapping by Naija Delta Boys Truth?
Really??
Well, Truth is coming out long at last..... small small!

AlphaLover:

Broz I said d truth

Back den expatriates lived and worked in Rivers State

They stayed in old GRa all the way to artillery.

They spent money in shops , patronized traders etc

But diz useless Rivers boys started kidnapping and all the expats ran away

Companies shut their branches due to staff being kidnapped

Then so many companies had branches in trans amadi they av all run

Wow!
Now we understand better,
And all these happened less than 7/8 years ago, not 20 years.
And some people in Nigeria have forgotten this already trying to tell us kidnapping just started last year or 2 years ago.
Thanks for letting Nigerians read this undiluted news coming from the son of the soil.

The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for some of her citizens to suffer collective amnesia.... intentionally!

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth.

We will win this war
Nigeria will succeed.

BTW, we no be bro o!
We are simply WE.

AlphaLover:

Unfortunately e go hard 4 nija 2 win d war

Y? Because d elderz and youths don't like truth

Na only a mumu go talk say kidnapping started some years ago ...

Was it not pioneered by us in Niger delta ?

Who drove away all the snepco, Mobil, nLNG , Elf, seplat, Agip and other expatriates from Rivers ?

Why did all companies relocate from Rivers to owerri , Lagos and Abuja?

Kidnapping off course, let's call eba eba n not fufu

If it not kidnapping most of our elders used to become rich

Were d elders not funding kidnap gangs ?

How did asari make his cash or tompolo or igodie?

Lol
Alpha, u don finish d matter.
Say no more.
Truth is not actually bitter,
just that people are bitter to the Truth.
U don finish d matter, make we leave am for here.

We can only remain positive about dis our ogbonge country o.
Hmmmm, deep and true words from you AlphaLover!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Zcool5: 5:02am On Jan 31, 2021
Not surprised
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:02am On Jan 31, 2021
Yes o my sister that stay in Rumuodumaya says it's been bad

PHEDC staff r useless and that company 8s the worst Disco

If anything spoils they demand money from residents before repairs and when. You report to their managers they victimize the area for that

Anytime I visit her I just dey pity the lady

PHEDC are useless o.. the only good places with power supply in Rivers na federal light dem dey use

3 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by Lincoln275(m): 5:02am On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm! Naija
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:07am On Jan 31, 2021
Bofoy4:

Black out my foot.

Guy Kidnapping ruined Rivers state n Delta state

All the expatriates wey dey spend money do well ran away

Rivers youths kill der state wit der own hands

4 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:08am On Jan 31, 2021
cunicinni12:
Elelewon,Apajor,part of woji,Eleme in Rivers state need light after 2 months of darkness even during the festive period. From the feed back the pre paid meter distribution around this areas are about 90%. The question is why NO LIGHT FOR TWO MONTHS and counting...

Its not up to two months it's started December 11th. I dey keep record for them

2 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:09am On Jan 31, 2021
......and there is a Governor in that state aight

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:09am On Jan 31, 2021
COdeGenesis:
It's a TCN(Transmission Company of Nigeria) issue so i heard. PHED buys electricity from suppliers, Generation Companies(AFAM). The TCN guys help transpor the electricity. The issue i got to understand is that they said some aboki guys vandalized five of those big TCN towers that carry High Voltage from the Gencos. So PHED is not at fault here. They cannot give you electricity because the people that supply them are having issues.They scattered the whole thing. When the TCN guys came to replace the vandalized towers, it was alleged the community guys kidnapped one of them or so. But they are done now. When you hv not used your car for some time, you need to warm it well and there is a probability some parts might develop some issues. Same with electricity, when there hvnt been light for a long time, you need to warm the transformers by give short periods of supply intermittently before finally energizing them. They flashed a couple of times. They said they are patroling their lines to endure there is no fault and by monday they will restore

Oga u are lying

Phedc is overrun by corruption all their managers especially all those in Rumuodumaya are very corrupt

4 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by COdeGenesis: 5:11am On Jan 31, 2021
AlphaLover:

Oga u are lying

That's a lie. You are misinformed.If any one extorts your money , you can write to their head office at Moscow Road. That's how one rubbish linesman use to extort us at Elelewon, when my landlord wrote to their head office, he was sacked in less than 2months and we hv had peace since then
Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by nazicartel(m): 5:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Do you know what happened when they took Oyigbo's light ( Okoloma and co ) and asked them to start paying Bills?.... There was a very heavy protest that would've led to the burning of Afam power station and the death of their MD... Nigeria needs strong and stubborn people presently to stop some rubbish happening. Some of these communities without light might still be have running bills especially Elelenwo and Eleme

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by AlphaLover: 5:13am On Jan 31, 2021
post=98596213:

Can you please expansiate on the violence part please?
Violence from who and where?

Peace is all we want in our nation.

Kidnapping by Naija Delta Boys Truth?
Really??
Well, Truth is coming out long at last..... small small!
Broz I said d truth

Back den expatriates lived and worked in Rivers State

They stayed in old GRa all the way to artillery.

They spent money in shops , patronized traders etc

But diz useless Rivers boys started kidnapping and all the expats ran away

Companies shut their branches due to staff being kidnapped

Then so many companies had branches in trans amadi they av all run

10 Likes

Re: A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020 by softset: 5:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Is the state government responsible for electricity distribution?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu: I’m Praying For Wike To Win / Pictures Of The Killers Of European Contractors - SSS / EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.