Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? (7621 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? / Christian Songs We Might Have Been Singing Wrongly / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2021
Many of us love to sing songs to God, but I want your contributions on if singing christian songs in Secular way is bad? What I mean is: for example if someone uses like high-life or rap or Fuji or reggae or ogene or afrobeat pattern of singing for christian songs. Again, is it bad to use zanku dance in praising God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by helinues: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2021
The lyrical content of the song should be moral

10 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Then you'll now ask if it's okay to dance "gbese" or "tesumole" in church?

Or is twerking accepted?

He no concern me o

14 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2021
What about this?

Papers milled in a secular milling factory used in producing the Bible.

Tablets and phones manufactured by the secular tech giants with secular softwares to drive the soft bible, hymns and gospel music players in them.

Chairs manufactured in a secular factory used in church.

Musical instruments which are manufactured by secular industry being used in church.

Clothing materials (suits, lace, Ankara etc) produced for secular world being worn to church.

There is no way you can totally alienate the secular world from the church. What should make the difference is the spiritual message and should be devoid of excesses and vulgarity.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Jan 31, 2021
zoputa:
Many of us love to sing songs to God, but I want your contributions on if singing christian songs in Secular way is bad? What I mean is: for example if someone uses like high-life or rap or Fuji or reggae or ogene or afrobeat pattern of singing for christian songs. Again, is it bad to use zanku dance in praising God?
Did you know that all knowledge whether Good or Evil, belongs to God? undecided

Did you know that there is only one Spirt of Inspiration who inspires all creativity? undecided

Did you know that even the secular songs some love to hate are also inspired? undecided

Did you know that God gave man no command as regards what music he can sing or listen to or even how to take a shower, or grow his beard or even dress? undecided

Do you know that when you bend your mind to obeying the rules of ordinary men you shackle yourself to their laws and their rules, not God's. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by orunto27: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2021
Nothing is bad to do, act upon, sing and performed until your SPIRIT says so..

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Queenlovely(f): 8:33am On Jan 31, 2021
which kind question be this, why not use your brain

no turn to our Muslim brothers wey get ruling for everything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by tobechi74: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2021
zoputa:

What of singing worldly song in a Christian way

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by CocaineLord(m): 10:12am On Jan 31, 2021
Yes
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by OdogwuBlog: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2021
grin grin

NO BECAUSE PASTOR WEAH DEY PREACH TO US ABOUT TAKING ALCOHOL , SMOKING AND WOMANIZING ....

His wife own Pharmacy Shop .... She dey sell condom ...

Him mama for village get Drinks Depot .... She dey sell Beer and Hot Drinks ....

....... My friend don pay his Junior sister 15k for daybreak ... them lodged at concord hotels owerri ...

The Pastor Name na ... Pastor Chukwuemeka Okike ... He dey drive green toyota corolla for owerri ... people weah know him go know him ....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by kennyz247(m): 10:12am On Jan 31, 2021
though it is wrong,but most Christian music are related indirectly or directly to secular music,even secular dance has also enter into most churches today..may God really help us all, we need to go back to old time religion..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by BlowYourMind: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
ok
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by ainas247: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
sad If the song is to glory God song it.
Something you will find your self singing in the language you don’t even understands...
Is the heart towards the singing that matter.

God bless you My brother

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by BlowYourMind: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
On Friday on the front-page what you see there is Ruling on this, ruling on that, that is the day you will people with the knowledge of the Quran and the Hadith teaching people as vibrant MUSLIMS, only few people's (Muslim scholars) thread normally grace the front-page

But on Sunday like this, You see a lot of controversial threads for Christians, like today, there was one like "Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy In Public?" whereas we all know sexy is a derogatory word even to sane and normal people not even Christians redeemed by the blood of Jesus, sexy is connected with sex, and if it is for the public it leads to lust, fornication or adultery in which Jesus Christ Himself spoke against.

I see lots and heresies by people who are enemies of the WORD, they are here to perverse the WORD with the world, they are here asking questions that never modifies anyone or take any on to heaven, what is good for the goose is good for the gander, I don't know maybe because CHRIST teaches peace that is why we take everything for granted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by sweetmelanin(f): 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Yes. It is wrong...and many other things are terribly wrong with the Church of today.

Christians themselves have played a massive role in the watering down of the gospel. Always introducing secular things into the House Of God..
..have you seen any other religions do this?? .. take Muslims for example, these guys protect the honour of their belief with their life!! this why you can never disrespect Muslims and get away with it.

But Christians, we cast our net far and wide, thus introducing rubbish into the faith.. now we have all sorts of evil in the church, to the point that there are now openly homosexual pastors and ministers all under the our 'hyper grace', 'hyper love' practices.

What's next? We'll be having twerking competitions, buss it/ and sillouette challenge in church lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by mynd4409: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Which one be Christian Song ni

Oga all songs were composed and produced in heaven wink
Remember Lucifer was the choir coordinator before dem kick am out due to em fvck up
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by majamajic(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2021
In Indaboski voice

"" Umu Jesus Cryyyyy "

I don't understand

The one that sings in my church

" Lawwwd Geezezz" as in Lord Jesus

I don't understand
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2021
The truth is if you want to follow Christ follow him if you want to entertain yourself that is your cup of tea.

Jesus didn't call it a cross to carry if you could twist serving him to please yourself.

Make una get sense

6 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by whela(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2021
Religion and sentiments.
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by obonujoker(m): 10:15am On Jan 31, 2021
How do you mean??
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 31, 2021
Which song Jesus sing,that's what u should be singing
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Godblessaplus1(m): 10:16am On Jan 31, 2021
If you think is bad then is bad..

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by IME1: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2021
smiley men and brethren...

Holy Spirit direct and counsel me and bring to my remembrance all that Jesus Christ has instructed, amen.

For who were neck deep in the world and immersed in secular music right from cradle and by the mercy and grace of God we are now born again, born anew, new creations,
It is easier to see things from the way of the world and the way of the world.

Everything is from God but not all things are of God.
God made angels, one of whom was Lucifer, he was gifted with music, as Michael is gifted with valour, but Lucifer fell. When he fell he dragged one third of the host with him. God gives without repenting (that is, once blessed with a talent, it's yours to do as you wish. It's for you to now use for evil or for God's glory, just like being blessed with children, money, wisdom, drawing or singing and others).

Lucifer became angry. Man was created, Lucifer became jealous and envious.
You that feeling you get when you were once on a high horse, toasted and celebrated with applause and adulation and another person rises and overtakes you? You feel forgotten and invisible?
Lucifer became the devil and made it his mission to destroy and counter all God was doing and going to do through His new creation- the world, man (covering both men, women and did children, all humanity)

Devil is never at par or a match for the power and authority and sovereignty of God. Devil cannot even stand God's arch angels and now we His new creation, who He has made more than conquerors. Devil wanted to use words to overpower Jesus during His temptation. He knew he couldn't fight Jesus. Devil was promising Jesus riches and glory that were already Jesus'. Devil knew was soon going to be Jesus' footstool and by extension ours for we who have received Jesus as Saviour and Christ have become co-heirs with Him.

The devil has been made our footstool. By the name of Jesus, that roaring lion can be chased away with his tail between his legs. If you don't believe, ask Daniel, Paul, Mary, Timothy, Abraham and even your friends who are now new creations. Once you know the power that is at work in you, the same power that raised Jesus from the grave, you will know that you can withstand the Devil.

The battle is finished at Calvary. All we face are daily and per second huddles and bumps on our pilgrim journey.
PLEASE READ OR WATCH PILGRIMS PROGRESS wink

The Devil whose time is so short wants to gather as many as he can deceive with words, actions, thoughts and situations into eternal separation from God and death. He doesn't care about Dolu, Musa, Cynthia, Ebi, Ifeanyi or Tewase. All he wants is numbers, vast numbers blindly walking the broad way to damnation, to his he'll which was originally only made for him and those one third angels who joined him.

Hell no. Never hell yeah.

Now Devil waters down many, in fact all of God's instructions and expectations.
He mocks, uses mirages, fake reports, high sounding words and teachings which are empty, shadows, semblance of the real deal, tainted holiness which denies the power of God, multiplicity of faiths and religion, hardships and all sorts to draw people from believing in Jesus.

For us in this times, the Devil uses the common ones-
'Who are you to judge'
'What makes you think you are the correct one'
'Where you there with Jesus over 2000 years ago? Have you been to heaven or hell'
'Religion is the opium of man'
'Christianity and the Bible are man-made and filled with contradictions'
'Even the people who brought Christianity have left it'
'Where has your faith taken you in this life'
'How are you better than...'
'Jesus said remove the log in your eye first' and all other ways they quote the Bible out of context and blaspheme the holiness of God like saying -
'David loved Jonathan even more than women, so God doesn't frown at same sex'
'Solomon had many wives and concubines and God made him the wisest man'
'Abraham was super rich so God makes money a sign of His presence in you'
'If pre- or extra-marital s.ex is bad why did God make sex'
'God created the weed and cocaine and all the substances people smoke and abuse, so it's ok'

Wow! Really?

Even music?

If you have not dealt with your old nature, the fallen Adamic nature of sin and taken up the new nature God gives in Jesus, you will not only battle with issues of secular music, silhouette challenge, drugs or alcohol, love for money, lust, unnatural urges, demonic passions, laziness, depression, disregard for life, violence and blasphemy of the Almighty God,
you will not have the Holy Spirit to direct you per time.
You will require human teachers, doctrines, dogmas and rulings on this and that for every big and little thing which your spirit and human nature and wisdom can not always answer or direct properly.

You need Jesus, I do and I have received Him.
We need the Holy Spirit, I too and I have received the Holy Spirit.
Hallelujah we are not left alone.
We are not candles in the wind, exposed to quenching or be blown here and there.
We know love for money gives root to all forms of evil.
We know music that doesn't edify us and glorify God is not for us.
We know suicide and murder are wrong.
We know s.ex is made for the man and his wife sipmpliciter.
We know we are not to abuse food, alcohol, drugs, sleep or humans and animals or God's Word.
We know the devil is a liar and he causes every evil by his temptations.
We know Jesus came to destroy the works of the Devil.
We know Jesus has accomplished our total work of salvation.
We know we are one by the blood of Jesus and love abides in us and removes hate, vulgarity and malice

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Coolpro452: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2021
Okay
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Juell(m): 10:18am On Jan 31, 2021
What is secular way? Music are composed based on different cultures and traditions. For instance the music from Jamaica is reggae, are you saying singing Christian songs in reggae is wrong? For me a song is all about the content, the lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
which kind question be this, why not use your brain

no turn to our Muslim brothers wey get ruling for everything
I don't know where they are getting these self imposed ruling from

Did any christian "hadit" explicitly explain this to you

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Tillatalk: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2021
That's Africa mentality ..it all about your faith or belief even the non secular songs if you don't sing it with faith it looks useless
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by BlowYourMind: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2021
OdogwuBlog:
grin grin

NO BECAUSE PASTOR WEAH DEY PREACH TO US ABOUT TAKING ALCOHOL , SMOKING AND WOMANIZING ....

His wife own Pharmacy Shop .... She dey sell condom ...

Him mama for village get Drinks Depot .... She dey sell Beer and Hot Drinks ....

....... My friend don pay his Junior sister 15k for daybreak ... them lodged at concord hotels owerri ...

The Pastor Name na ... Pastor Chukwuemeka Okike ... He dey drive green toyota corolla for owerri ... people weah know him go know him ....
Is the pastor CHRIST? We are CHRISTians (CHRISTlike and little-CHRIST) the Bible says I will give you a pastor according to my own heart, CHRIST didn't do all those so how did he become measurement for CHRISTian

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Timoleon(m): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Jonzing
Re: Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? by Made619(m): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Did you know that there is only one Spirt of Inspiration who inspires all creativity? undecided

undecided
Bro don't be deceived please, inspiration doesn't come from one spirit because even the devil has access to your mind and your imaginative capacity. that's why the Bible said guard your heart (mind) with all diligence.

Even the devil inspires people just as the holy spirit inspires us believers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Logicboy Meets Anony (epic) / SEX SCANDAL: Husband Writes Bishop Oyedepo, 'your Pastor Has Snatched My Wife' / Why Do People's Mouth Smell During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.