Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. (5125 Views)

Yoruba Day- Tell Us Your Best Yoruba Food And The Reason Why U Like It / Sounds And Songs I Have Enjoyed All Over The Sahel Of West Africa / ~List Some Of The Nigerian/African Myths You Know Or Have Heard Of . . .~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. by kodewrita(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIoe4G32ng

Thats Betelehemu (A yoruba christmas choral song) being sung by the African Children's Choir from Soweto.

Beautiful.

Enjoy.
Re: One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. by kodewrita(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2011
The same song being sung by MoreHouse College in Atlanta.

They even dance like yoruba. Am so so Freaking proud of my language right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT5zcbeDaN0&feature=related

Finally the musical nature of the yoruba language is put to good use.
Re: One Of The Best Yoruba Choral Songs I Have Heard In Recent Time. by step1: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2011
That is probably EWE language in GHANA a sub group of yoruba language just like the Itsekiri or Igala. Quite interesting to know that yoruba kingdom was even up to GHANA

and yes; be proud of your language and hertiage

GOD BLESS BOBO OMO ODUADUA NI NIGERIA A TI OKE OKU

(1) (Reply)

What Is Aroba In English Language? / The Bloodiest Battles In African Histroy / Yoruba Facial Features Is Similar To Asians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.