Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens (4409 Views)

Fat Women Are The Worst Kind Of Women To Date Let Alone Marry / Nigerian Women Aren't Gold-diggers, They Are Only Pursuing Happiness. / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by edoyad(m): 11:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

All in all, we're all to blame, both men and women. There is no one particular person to blame. It seems like for some people this whole thing has gone to their head.

When you say you support the girls, exactly who are you supporting--the ones the OP mentioned or the ones here on the thread?

That'd be the one the OP mentioned, the 'financial burdens'.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by 190: 11:22am On Apr 08, 2011
Konji kills faster than HIV and AIDS

its makes u miserable and always angry

I know quite a few Nlder's sufferin from Konji-diesis

Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by InkedNerd(f): 11:28am On Apr 08, 2011
edoyad:

That'd be the one the OP mentioned, the 'financial burdens'.

Oh ok.

lol, its quite rare to see a Nigerians man [especially one on Nairaland] support women like that grin wink
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by 190: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Oh ok.

lol, its quite rare to see a Nigerians man [especially one on Nairaland] support women like that grin wink

But i always supported women especially you!! angry angry
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by edoyad(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Oh ok.

It's not about supporting the girls, it about what's really happening. Like you earlier said, everyone is to blame: the greedy girls, the irresponsible men and the hawkish boys. The fathers of the same men complaining here are the same ones sending 7 series BMWs into campuses to bring these girls to them. May be some one should start a thread on why Nigerian male septugenerians won't let tweeny girls be.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by InkedNerd(f): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2011
edoyad:

It's not about supporting the girls, it about what's really happening. Like you earlier said, everyone is to blame: the greedy girls, the irresponsible men and the hawkish boys. The fathers of the same men complaining here are the same ones sending 7 series BMWs into campuses to bring these girls to them. May be some one should start a thread on why Nigerian male septugenerians won't let tweeny girls be.

lol so why don't you start the thread grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by edoyad(m): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

lol so why don't you start the thread grin

I would if i was a 100% sure my case would be different when i turn 70, but since i've the same blood flowing in my veins . . . . grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by InkedNerd(f): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2011
edoyad:

I would if i was a 100% sure my case would be different when i turn 70, but since i've the same blood flowing in my veins . . . . grin

What would change from now and when you're 70? grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
edoyad:

grin grin grin cool cool

edoyad:

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 11, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I wasn't reiterating, I was trying to clarify since most of you seemed to enjoy descend on her for posting what she did. You want me to answer your question huh? Well answer mine first? At what point in time did I say that it was a guy's responsibility in a relationship to shower gifts, food,money on a girl? Go back a reread what I said.

Kingsleyinfo my dear, I think you need to get your eyes checked. Either your eyes aren't working you completely bypassed the first page of this thread. If you had looked carefully then you would have seen and known that I was the second women to reply to this thread before you even jumped on board.

As I stated before, I don't know where your eyes were because although you may have used words such as "some" and "most"--your first post on the thread specifically mentioned a generalization. Although not all of what you wrote was a generalization I still noticed it. You said "I still find it difficult to understand why women associate love with money, like someone earlier pointed out, a white lady can marry any man as long as he is honest (that is not to say that some don't marry for money) but the the majority of them will always choose honesty over material gain, simply because they understand that they too can work and earn their own money." And because I noticed this doesn't mean you need to refer to my observation a bullshit. Because you and perhaps some other men have had bad experiences, you make it seem like the majority of women are like that. Perhaps the majority of women you have encountered are like that but those women are not a representation of us as whole. Some men use women for sex so is it fair for me to ume that majority of men are like that? No, it could be that the majority of the individuals that that person have encountered are like that.  

smiley

Good point bhusayor.

Can you stop throwing stones you parasitical hypocrite?!?!

Tell am o!!! I have met some African men who have openly told me that they would never date men because they think I'm "too independent". Some of our men both Nigerian and non-Nigerian Africans seem to let their egos and pride get in the way.

Lmao grin

Yes, that is very true.

madam inked nerd or penciled nerd
firstly,i am not your dear,
secondly, my eyes are fine.
infact it is you that need some serious checking
as you can see that was not my first post. and since you want to argue blindly you should have taken note of the number (20) and counted properly before yapping on about nothing. because if you did you would have seen that it was almost about 20 posts to my first post before you replied again.

thirdly you said you still noticed, you were looking for grammatical error to exploit, if i can say i got one of the few good ones
why the hell do i come to you as generalizing, it amazes me how people try to show off knowledge that is irrelevant to a particular topic.

when you Judge a writing do you judge it by its entire content or by one word. is this an English class or an interactive forum
na wah for some ladies oh,

this is the problem with nigeria, when you bring up issues they always manage to twist it to gain sympathy.
lets call a spade a spade, is what we are saying true or false, is it a trend that is noticeable amongst nigerian women or not, if it is not then say it then i'll keep my mouth shut.

must we always have an excuse for bad behavior.

you said majority of the women i have met; while i will try to avoid the sarcasm in that statement, i would like to know what gave you that impression.
it is like saying there is no corruption in nigeria, because majority of the people i have met are corrupt, and i have not met the good ones,
i would like to know how you form your own view of a society, maybe it's different from mine,

on your first post you sounded intelligent, but i should have known better it was only a matter of time before your hormones start kicking in and the true female in you starts coming out.

we as a nation must first accept that we have a problem then we can start looking for a solution.
as a man i have my faults, like you said nigerian men are proud and can let their ego get in the way sometimes,
that of course is correct, but wether it is right is another matter for another thread.

just because the economy is bad is not a yardstick for stealing,
Bad trends in our society should be discouraged, our women should see themselves as useful and capable of self sustenance
i must agree that our society as known before encouraged such attitudes and sees it as ok, but as we evolve into a more civilised society we should also learn to believe more in our ability to create rather than our ability to depend.
men will start taking you seriously when you take yourself serious.
finito.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Goldieluks: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2011
I accept the fact that a woman is suppose to be indepent to maintain her dignity,and I also agree with the fact that a man is suppose to care for his woman,I don't accept the fact that some Nigerian girls depend soley on their man for every of their needs,and I totally disagree with the fact that a man is NOT meant to care for his woman,it goes thus,let's go back home.Take a look at our mothers and fathers,our fathers worked very hard to care for the family.I am not saying it is right for a woman to be dependent on her man,I am saying it is her RIGHT to depend on her husband.Let's take a look at the book of Genesis,God commanded Adam to work hard and provide for his wife Eve,and He commanded Eve to be the caretaker.Yes,economic change and recession has landed this nation a financial disaster,but that should not be an excuse for men to shy away from their sole responsiblity,by tagging all Nigerian women as cheap steak money mongers.I am a Nigerian girl and a working class one,for the record,and I believe there are loads of working class and independent Nigerian girls out there.I can support my man,yes,but there's nothing as sweet as been dependent on my man,if the case arises.(Think I've said enough)
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2011
Goldieluks:

I accept the fact that a woman is suppose to be indepent to maintain her dignity,and I also agree with the fact that a man is suppose to care for his woman,
i concur

Goldieluks:

I totally disagree with the fact that a man is NOT meant to care for his woman
a man who cannot care for his household is worse than an infidel
what we are saying is all women irrespective of age social class, working class or not should not imbibe the attitude of getting into a relationship because of the financial gains.

if a lady wants to be a prostitute fine thats her cup of tea, but call it what it is and not anything else
at least you don't hear men complaining that they paid money to sleep with a prostitute afterall no body send dem.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by redsun(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2011
Indenpendence comes with true knowledge.The more people,grown adults, are knowledgeable in the fundamental workings of life,the less they are dependant on others.

Nigerian women are just the epitome of nigerian society as a whole that depends on foreign aids,indoctrinations,guidance and directions to sustain itself as a society.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 11, 2011
Honestly I love these kinda threads, keep it coming guys grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
redsun:

Indenpendence comes with true knowledge.The more people,grown adults, are knowledgeable in the fundamental workings of life,the less they are dependant on others.

Nigerian women are just an epitome of nigerian society as a whole that depends on foreign aids,indoctrinations,guidance and directions to sustain itself as a society.

your statement above is so true, and that is exactly what i have been telling these wannabes,
go beyond borders, There is nothing that stops a woman from becoming all she can be,
personally if my future wife wants to become the president of Nigeria then why not,
responsible women do not see themselves as their husband's or boyfriends responsibility, rather they see themselves as a help mate,
and vice versa.
finito
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by redsun(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2011
Even in the western world,women as are fighting for their rightful,talkless of a society like nigeria where men,the suppose stronger sex still haven't found their places yet.

The more productive nigeria becomes,the more productive nigerian women becomes and the more independent they become too.It a natural phenomenon,everything has its place and time.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by aribisala0(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
redsun the ladies in the example are in england working
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by 2blunt: 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ; [size=8pt][size=8pt]Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens[/size][/size]
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by redsun(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
aribisala0:

redsun the ladies in the example are in england working

Being in England still does not totally free up the mind though,especially when they remain in the same clique.

In earnest truth,being in England free up alot of african women,especially the eastern ones,they find the kind of independence that have never imagined in england.I have heard them confess several times.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by redsun(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
If feels like the weight of the world have been lifted off their shoulders.
Re: Nigerian Women Are Financial Burdens by mctowel01: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
this is one thread that has really caught my attention.
was at an event the other day, and over heard one cheap girl obviously not more than 18yrs of age, saying "na fine boy i go chop"  i wanted to give her a sound lecture, but advised myself against it.

I still find it difficult to understand why women associate love with money, like someone earlier pointed out, a white lady can marry any man as long as he is honest (that is not to say that some don't marry for money) but the the majority of them will always choose honesty over material gain, simply because they understand that they too can work and earn their own money.

most women go into marriages with virtually nothing to offer, but they expect their hubby to be their puppy, you can't command respect if you can't contribute,

as for the Black berry issue, the day any girl asks me for the money for the subscription, that relationship will end that instant, what rubbish.
i don't condone their excesses, if a girl wants the good life she should be ready to work for it (i mean with her head, not her body).
in naija we pay for hair, buy recharge cards, buy clothes, feed families, take them out for dinners, all for what? their own thing different, abi na gold dem take do their own, wetin self.

i told my girlfriend that whenever she needs money she better has a very good reason for demanding it
and that has made sure i don't get stupid demands.

don't get me wrong i like taking care of my woman, but please not her excesses whaT EVER that is.
finito.

Welcome to the 21st century Nigerian girl dating Psyche

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Would A Guy Be Afraid To Ask A Girl Out Face To Face? / Ladies Will You Call Your Husband "Daddy Wa" Or "Daddy" / I Get H-orny When I See A New Picture Of My Bae!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.