Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists (44573 Views)

Abba Kyari: More Sordid Deals Of His Loyalists / Seyi Makinde Buys Taye Currency A Brand New Car Pictures / Governor Amosun And His Loyalists To Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by TruthHurts1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has spent about N2 billion on cars for his loyalists in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and state House of Assembly, SaharaReporters has learnt.

A source close to the government informed SaharaReporters that Makinde purchased a 2020 Toyota Prado SUV worth N65 million for Alhaja Abosede Adedibu, wife of the late political leader in Ibadan, Chief Lamidi Adedibu.

[img]https://images./VtfWDKhiscQTm2StM6SKX.jpg[/img]

The source further revealed that a 2020 model of SUV worth N45 million, was also given to a Fuji musician in Ibadan, Taye Currency, while a 2020 Toyota LX 570 SUV was bought for Mutiat Ladoja, wife of a former governor of the state, Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja.

Also, each of the state executive committee of the party also got over N2 million worth of car gift from the governor as reward for their support for him.

Governor Makinde had in December 2019 obtained N2 billion loan to purchase cars for 32 members of Oyo State House of Assembly.

The loan made a former prosecutor with the Special Presidential Panel on Recovery of Public Property, Tosin Ojaomo, to petition the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over fraud allegations in the purchase of about N1.03bn worth of official cars for members of the Oyo State House of Asembly.

According to the petition dated December 7, 2020, the contract, which was executed by a firm (name withheld), was for the procurement of 33 Toyota Camry cars for the House of Assembly members and the Clerk at N759m as well as two Toyota Hilux pick-up vans for the Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at N40m.

Two Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs valued at N106m were also purchased for the Deputy Speaker, Abiodun Fadeyi, and as Ogundoyin’s back-up vehicles, the petition stated.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that Ojaomo, in his petition, alleged that the contract was for the supply of new 2019 vehicle models but noted that refurbished models were supplied instead.

The lawyer claimed that the contract was fraudulently arranged to favour the contractor instead of Elizade Motors and Mandilas Motors which also tendered quotations.

He added that the alleged scam was discovered when some of the 33 cars supplied by the contractor started having mechanical and electrical problems few days after delivery to the lawmakers.

Ojaomo, therefore, asked the EFCC to recover the full contract sum from the firm.

The petition read in part, “My petition stemmed from recent findings that the sum of N1,031,380,000 earmarked by the Oyo State Assembly for the purchase of vehicles for honourable members of the House was diverted by the Speaker and Deputy Speaker with the connivance of a company contracted to handle the purchase and supply of cars to the House members.

“The contract was awarded for the supply of brand new Toyota Camry 2019 models but instead of supplying new cars, he went ahead to supply refurbished vehicles and cleaned up the mileage in order to make them look like new ones.”

When asked about the probe, the EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, said, “Petitions go through a vetting process and it is premature to comment further at this stage.”

The Chairman, House Committee on Information, Kazeem Olayanju, described the allegations as false.

“I was not able to reach the Speaker to hear from him but from my little findings, they are false allegations,” he stated.

A strong member of the party in Egbeda Local Government Area of the state, who spoke on condition of anonymity, demanded explanation over Makinde's car gifts as reward for loyalty.

He said many PDP members are not happy with the style of leadership of the party in the recent time, saying, "We have done our best. Our comon members are not really getting anything from the party while some are being rewarded with car gifts."

Another member who confirmed the story to SaharaReporters said though he didn't know the price of those cars, they were well deserved gifts for the beneficiaries.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/31/makindes-n65m-car-gifts-adedibus-widow-n45m-taye-currency-others-cause-controversy-pdp

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Moferere: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
Makinde Seyi-tan.

I keep saying it, he's overrated.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
MR INITIAL GRAGRA LIKE ABDULRASAK OF KWARA STATE. LAS LAS, ALL OF THEM NA SAME STEALING MENTALITY DEM GET

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by seanwilliam(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
Chai las las all politicians are the same

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Christonjnr(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
Makinde is high time u start defending all this media campaign to tarnish ur image.

This people swear to bring you down oo grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
A source close to the government informed SaharaReporters that Makinde purchased a 2020 Toyota Prado SUV worth N65 million for Alhaja Abosede Adedibu, wife of the late political leader in Ibadan, Chief Lamidi Adedibu.

The source further revealed that a 2020 model of SUV worth N45 million, was also given to a Fuji musician in Ibadan, Taye Currency, while a 2020[b] Toyota LX 570 SUV was bought for Mutiat Ladoja[/b], wife of a former governor of the state, Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja.

Also, each of the state executive committee of the party also got over N2 million worth of car gift from the governor as reward for their support for him.

Governor Makinde had in December 2019 obtained N2 billion loan to purchase cars for 32 members of Oyo State House of Assembly.
All the cars patapata are 2020 models!
A governor buying cars for the families of Ex-governors that can afford 10 of the cars with their already stolen money.

A governor went to secure a loan of over 2 Billion Naira just to purchase cars for his faithfuls?!

Let us stop right here for now.
Posterity will judge us all.

Oan,
Perhaps this is one of the reasons Sunday Igbo wateva was cursing Makinde and his family the other day as if the corrupt governor was one of his errand boys,
Now we know,
it was all because his name is not on the list of the car owners.
2 corrupt entities.
Politics in Nigeria, the more you look, the less you see.

Until the good, honest and hardworking youths of Nigeria wake up, things will remain the same in our darling country.
Rise up Naija youths and stop letting these criminals continue banging your heads together.
They stole your destiny since 1960 and are now stealing the destinies and future of your unborn kids, Wake up GUYS!

TruthHurts1:
One day, I want you to write a book on what it means to be a slave. I promise you you it will be a best seller.
Give us your picture for the Front Cover kiddo.
Thanks in addy cool tongue cool
It will truly be a best seller.

Dem MANNA :: make una no kill dis una boys/fans with savagery biko grin cheesy wink

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
shocked

They are the same be it APC, APGA, YPP, PDP etc.

They don't really care about us

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Prodigee: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
Devil sef dey surprised with the level of evil being perpetrated in this clime. It's a shame!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Brutee: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
Behold Nigerian politics. When key sectors of the economy are in a Mess. Chai

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by paulolee(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
thats why I say all naija politicians are d same...see the GSM wey i de carry for head dey argue d oda day with papa obi say this GSM is a special breed n different from d rest but it seems my neighbor was right..
now I gat hide enter compound dis evenin bcoz papa obi dey very current with politics news n him go de wait for me for gate to scold me with him usual adage "wetin old man dey sit down look, small pikin no fit see am even if e climb tree"....but d man dey forget say atimes old man de see rubbish..
this GSM really fall my hand after seeing this news, he Is really overated abeeeg

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by tito44: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Good one

PDP needs a comeback in SW. APC has totally destroyed our precious SW

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by sheylarhh(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
The audio governor has done it again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Mayng01(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
H
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by inoki247: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
He never buy Fulani Herdsman own...
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Bigredmachine: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
I do hope it's his personal money he used and not government money...

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Michaeljnr225(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ftc
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Brendaniel: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
sometimes I wonder the kind of leaders we have in this part of the world, you hear a governor was just elected into office from a previous governor who owed workers and pensioners for 2 years straight because he claimed the state did not have enough money to pay, the new governor enters the same office:

1. change the entire fleet of the previous governors convoy( not that the previous fleet had any issue) will use over 1 billion for that.

2. He will then budget over 1 billion in some cases up to 6 billion like we have seen in some states to renovate the same government house the previous governor just left not up 2 days ago which there was no complain from the previous governor...

3. He then spends over 1 billion to buy cars for his loyalists and so on just like this guy here and so on...

The question I ask is where did all these money come from which was unable to pay workers and pensioners, then is the state so rich to spend like that even when a single meter of road has not been tarred yet or the public health care, education and infrastructures has not been upgraded, If you see any governor act in that manner when he enters office with the current situation of Nigeria and his state just know he is vision-less, HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by happney65: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
There is an orchestrated plan on NL to always paint seyi black. Now I can see. This same news already made FP last year which wasnt denied as he was doing this and more for his party members even before he got to power. He is a Billionaire in every sense of the word. He has been buying people cars and giving people means of live hood even before he got to power so I do not know reason why this made the news again

If you upload positive news about Oyo,It wont make FP..It is also the negative news that makes FP now I can see there is a gangup against seyi which is good..all media is good,be you bad or good.. You can continue

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by CrimeKsmart: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ipob best governor grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by helinues: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
sad

From Sahara deserted

Not even a picture to support this ridiculous claim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by jimi4us: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
pictures of the cars OR

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by IMASTEX: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nebukadaa:
With his own money?
Yes, going by Nigeria standard of public account ownership.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by beardedboy(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nebukadaa:
With his own money?
No, with my own.

He freaking bought it with the state funds.

All these southern christians and their thieving ways sef.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Na so....... Nigeria is never for the poor.........

I would be very shocked, if he truly bought this vehicles...... I thought he never belonged to the old gang and their crude mentalities .........

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Earlystar698(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nigeria politicians be like wahala
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by GamalNasser: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nigerians like car sha ..if you want to win any Nigerian over in any matter just drop cars

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by Dottore: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by espn(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Correct...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists by DWJOBScom(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
No na 3 trillion car for his fellowers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje And Jide Sanwoolu Pictured Together In Church On New Year Day (pics) / ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator / Isiaka Adeleke's Doctor Arrested Over Prescribed Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.