Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ (23129 Views)

Adesina: Why Buhari Didn’t Deal With Fayose, Wike / BBC: Akinwumi Adesina: Why The US Is Targeting A Flamboyant Nigerian Banker / Amosun Visits Ajibola Olutayo Otubose, 67-Year-Old Woman Who Gave Birth To Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by 2mercy: 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
A Professor of History from the University of Ibadan, Olutayo Adesina, has said that pampering of the Fulani did not start with President Muhammadu Buhari, pointing out that it is historical.

According to the university don, who is an elder brother of the President Buhari’s spokesman, Femi Adesina, “the Fulani people have remained the most pampered in the history of Nigeria.”

The professor gave these submissions while featuring on a weekly radio show, Parrot Xtra Hour anchored by Olayinka Agboola and broadcast live on the radio arm of the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (because), Oluyole 98.5 FM, Ibadan.

Adesina said that it should not be a surprise to anyone that almost all the other tribes are against the Fulani because of the general belief that the group is being ‘favoured and pampered’.

He submitted that this was not created by the President Muhammadu Buhari led-administration but as a result of the administrative deficiency and favoritism on the part of Nigeria’s British colonialists.

The don further said that the problem started when the colonial administration created cattle routes from the North to the South, which led to the ‘grabbing’ of land from the original and indigenous owners, thereby causing disaffection between those affected and the Fulani.

He described the relationship between the Fulani and the Yoruba specifically as ‘age-long’ dating back to years before 1800.

He said: “Over the centuries, we have seen the relationship between the herdsmen who came from across the Sahara to Yorubaland and at the beginning of the raining season, they moved back to the edge of the Sahara.

“It was the farmers that use to invite the Fulani herdsmen after harvest to come to their farms so that the cattle dung will serve as manure for the farmers”.

“Our people in the South-West of Nigeria really need to study their neighbours and understand them. Specifically, I do not think we, the Yoruba, understand the Fulani.

“They look fragile, harmless and friendly. But we really need to understand them. I will not say more than that.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/why-fulani-remained-most-pampered-stock/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by MOLOTOVcockTAIL(m): 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
shocked
This is no Prof abeg. Very shallow talk. We are talking carnage while this one spills shiit.
If those Godless vermin's has killed one of his, will he be here yapping stupid history

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Never4getU: 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
What do u need to understand about a people whose modules operandi is to kill and rape people's mother and wife, the current being kidnapping of their host community indigenes.

Nothing to understand in this case. They u vacate entire southwest.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by slawormiir: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright......
To be sincere......ehnnnn.....all these fulanis nor dey violent before....

I remember that year after school holidays
We go just go village.....we go dey see fulanis and people dey even relate peacefully...no trouble
Them go dey move their cattle peacefully without any fight....
So wetin come dey happen now way he be say them come begin misbehave and dey violent....
Anyway what do I know ....am just a bomber, pussy banger, weed smoker and a drunkard
duality:

Go and ask people living in towns between igbanke and uromi their experience with Fulani armed robbers. As far back as 1997,98,99. I used to hear of attack along that axis.
Ogbeni....uhunmwode is my local government of origin...
Close to that uromi....no such thing thing in the past...
My village is close to uromi....but not esan....

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Brendaniel: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
“Our people in the South-West of Nigeria really need to study their neighbours and understand them. Specifically, I do not think we, the Yoruba, understand the Fulani.

“They look fragile, harmless and friendly. But we really need to understand them. I will not say more than that.”

Just look at the statement above, TRY AND STUDY PEOPLE WHO ARE KILLING YOU, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE STUDIED NEITHER DO THEY WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THEM... SO AFTER 50 YEARS YOU DON'T STILL UNDERSTAND THEM AND THEY DO UNDERSTAND YOU, THE UNION IS NOT WORKING, KICK THEM OUT OF YOUR LIVES...

BreconHills:

The whole object of observation is to precede action. To understand strength and weaknesses. Who in his right senses attacks what he does not understand? So if he had said Kill them you would have cheered? What does kick them out mean,? If you ask doutherners to boycott their meat, will they listen? To deal with a problem you must understand it or otherwise you will end up giving it more strength.

look there is no point in trying to understand them, because we already do, there is no country in the world fulani dominates that is peaceful, go and check, please prove me wrong, so what are you still trying to study? how would you tell me every tribe complaining is wrong or is doing something wrong or does not understand them, then there is something wrong about them, the best thing is pursue them from your lands, GHANA and other african countries are peaceful today because they put fulani in their place or outrightly pursued them away, so please if you do not have a solution to this matter, why not simply copy those that have theirs and it worked for them like GHANA or just keep quiet....

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by KAHBOOM: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
If Hisbah like they should go to Nigerian brewies and destroy all the bottles of beer dia.If they like they should arrest all barber's up north.
But one tin i know for sure is that No pampering of herdsmen down south.

We know hisbah is on a Fulani revenge mission.

They should go up north let ganduge and el rufai pamper dem. angry

Adesina and this his elder brother need mental checkup.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by emmabest2000(m): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
It is a Colossal waste of time reading this write up

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by ugochukwufrenzy: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
seems like mouth diarrhea runs in the adeshina lineage,,shame

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by bigdammyj: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
Noted
Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by aguiyi2: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
He has to protect his brother naaah!.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Jamesbally: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
What will the fake, Substandard and CHINA made SHEKAU (NNANDI KANU) has to say about this. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Beremx(f): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Fulani slave.

Ori e yi

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by BigDick70inch(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Are this Adeshina brothers mere stupid and dumb??

Or do the whole family have stupidity in their DNA??

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Microwhy: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
I rushed to open the thread but unfortunately this is another Dr Yola...
Professor of werey..
Nigerian academia shaming Nigeria since 1800AD..
Even before Boko Haram, Fulani are really a menace. My operation vehicle was shattered with bullets back in 2007 by Fulani along Pulka to Bama. When we got to Bama police station, the police were surprised nobody died because the bullet pears through whole body but couldn't penetrate the windshield, though a particular intelligent police officer discovered that it was a dead gun and not live ammunition.
Fulani are my people but Adesina explanation is so lame.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Kiss ass

3 Likes

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Racoon(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
".....President Buhari has made it his lifelong ambition to oppose any form of restructuring. He has been an advocate of Fulani supremacy all his life. He has been a strong advocate and promoter of Sharia law and the Islamic faith.

He has been a loyal disciple of Uthman Dan Fodio who believed that the entire Nigeria was meant for the Northerners to occupy, rule and control. That is why Buhari has had a long standing ambition to become President to continue this hegemonic ambition of Fulanis to rule, control and dominate Nigeria. Now, the ambition is even beyond Nigeria.

The entire Fulani people across Africa are looking for a home for all Fulanis and Buhari has been seen as a suitable Grand Patron for that agenda.So, right now Buhari is acting as grand patron of that agenda for the pan- African Fulani people.

That is why you see a lot of killer herdsmen today, many of them are not Nigerians. They are coming from Mali, Niger, Gambia and all African countries where you have Fulanis. They believe that this is the place God has ordained for them to be their home and Buhari is facilitating that for them.

That is why they are killing our people & want to take over our lands.If you notice, as soon as they ravage a village and kill the villagers, they take over the village and they rename the village and give it a Fulani name. Very soon, they install an Emir and turn it into an Emirate. That is what they want to do all over the country through RUGA settlement..."
https://www.independent.ng/buhari-has-made-nigeria-headquarters-of-fulanis-in-africa-okurounmu/

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by oz4real83(m): 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
It seems it is in the blood of the Adesinas. This is a shallow talk from a supposed professor just like his brother who is a media aide to the worst president. Our forefathers used to practise polygamy in the past because they needed more hands in their farms and they had enough food for a large family. Now that I am not a farmer, should I also keep on practising polygamy all because my ancestors were doing same thing?. It was reasonable then, not now undecided. Some actions that used to be very correct in the past, are now wrong because of the changes that go with the human behaviours, just like the Fulani issue.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Fash20: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
and this one is a professor. he is a Nigerian professor so, I forgive him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Timothy902: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
I wish I can wipe out that wicked tribe at the snap of my fingers like thanos

3 Likes

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by truthfulparrot(m): 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
What do you expect from the elder brother of Femi Adesina, the spokeman of PMB?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by BRATISLAVA: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
Never4getU:
What do u need to understand about a people whose modules operandi is to kill and rape people's mother and wife, the current being kidnapping of their host community indigenes.

Nothing to understand in this case. They u vacate entire southwest.

Modus

2 Likes

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Binance(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2021
You are a fool Sir, for trying to confuse me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Mindlog: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
Pampered stock indeed!
Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by SouthNigerian: 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
It is people like this that make outsiders berate my tribe.

Imagine a professor spilling trash.

O ma she o.

I just believe we'll scape through, no matter what happens.

9 Likes

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by sofeo(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lols
Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by yomi96(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
This fool enjoys the failed government. Thats why he is saying rubbish. Ala te nu je. Ogun lakaye na hin go kill una

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by Nychillax(m): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
Understand immigrant?? I just don't understand, honestly speaking....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Olutayo Adesina: ‘Why Fulani Remained Most Pampered Stock’ by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
Who dey pamper them b4, no b Una?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnapped Kogi Miyetti Allah Chairman, Wakili Damina Freed / How Maduka's $300 Million Dollars Investment Boosted Anambra GDP - Leadership / Y M Dodo: Buhari Decorates Aide-De-Campe As He Attains The Rank Of Colonel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.