Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Hw Do U Ping With 5800? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hw Do U Ping With 5800? (2612 Views)

Exclusive S60v5 5800 N97 Apps / Download All Games For S60v5 5800 N97 / Help Nokia 5800-blank Screen Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by arowoloafeez: 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2011
hi pals! how can ping with my nokia 5800
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by engrhamid(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
arowolo afeez:

hi pals! how can ping with my nokia 5800
nokia phones doesn't have the features.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by titipexy: 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2011
engrhamid:

nokia phones doesn't have the features.
thats not true. download whats app, cos wit it u can ping. it functions for iphone,bb and symbian devices. jst google whats app for s60v5, thats all man. and its free.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by engrhamid(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
titipexy:

thats not true. download whats app, cos wit it u can ping. it functions for iphone,bb and symbian devices. jst google whats app for s60v5, thats all man. and its free.
tswee!
Whatsapp aint similar to blackberry pinging. Its just a chatting application that's free for just a year.
N.B:works on also nokia s60v3.
If your partner doesn't have the app, you can't chat with him or her.but on bb,the case is different.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by passion007: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ engrhamid:
I see you like very much to diss Nokia.
Whatsapp aint similar to blackberry pinging.
Here we go! The Shittiest OS makes a case!
There are a lot of apps that support 'pinging' or IM these days, so if you are uninformed, then hold your quiet.
The best on all versions of Symbian is 2go which costs close to nothing to use. Then there's Social, FourSquare, Fring, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz, Skype, shmessenger etc etc. Visit Ovi Store and you will literally marvel. Check out the list for Symbian 3 and you'll rethink your position.
If your partner doesn't have the app, you can't chat with him or her.but on bb,the case is different.
oh, and if your partner isn't on RIM you can ping him all nightlong, right?

@ titipexy: You are definitely right, my man.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by engrhamid(m): 7:21am On Apr 10, 2011
tseew!
Man, this is 2011 and not 2010. I don't have time to argue okay.
If you were on my facebook page, you'll surely know i don't have any thing against nokia.
I recently posted this on facebook.
If andriod Would rule the smartphones followed by window phone, i'll so much like it. #just tired of symbian OS.
Nokia has lost out to the likes of Apple and RIM in the smartphone market
True or false?
Would you like to see a Nokia device
running Android?
You yourself knows there is clear difference between bb chat and third party applications on nokia.
How on hell would you call whatsapp nokia pinging and still argue about it. Was it developed by nokia,? All this are third party applications. If nokia does such that blackberry does, then you can call that ping.
If you against all i've said here, then you're not worth responding to.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by engrhamid(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2011
passion007:

@ engrhamid:
I see you like very much to diss Nokia.Here we go! The Shittiest OS makes a case!
There are a lot of apps that support 'pinging' or IM these days, so if you are uninformed, then hold your quiet.
The best on all versions of Symbian is 2go which costs close to nothing to use. Then there's Social, FourSquare, Fring, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz, Skype, shmessenger etc etc. Visit Ovi Store and you will literally marvel. Check out the list for Symbian 3 and you'll rethink your position.oh, and if your partner isn't on RIM you can ping him all nightlong, right?

did i see you post that 2go is the best symbian chatting application? You're definately dreaming. Why would a software require me to pay 30naira to retrieve my password? Why would i've to buy 2go credit with nigerian's airtime?
I.'ve used all the applications you mentioned and i dare not call them pinging.
Do you realise the so called whatsapp is only free for a year?
Think about this? I don't have anything against nokia. I'm a nokia fan and would continue to be unless by nokia refuse to produce a phone that runs on andriod by 2012.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by dragnet: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2011
titipexy:

1.[/b]with whatsapp, u can only 'ping' a phone which has whatsapp installed.

[b]2.
It aint free,
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by dragnet: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2011
passion007:

@ engrhamid:
I see you like very much to diss Nokia.Here we go! The Shittiest OS makes a case!
The best on all versions of Symbian is 2go which costs close to nothing to use. Then there's Social, FourSquare, Fring, Whatsapp, Nimbuzz, Skype, shmessenger etc etc. Visit Ovi Store and you will literally marvel. Check out the list for Symbian 3 and you'll rethink your position.oh, and if your partner isn't on RIM you can ping him all nightlong, right?

, before u start feeling fly,

1. about being uninformed,, from what I can see here, d dude u're bickering with is more informed than you, nothing personal

2. did I hear u say d best is 2go? And it cost next to nothing?, for someone that gave that kinda evaluation, It wuld be lame of me to take any other comment serious.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by Mafia4life(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster
it all depends on a software developer making agreement with RIM to allow his/her software to connect to Blackberry network.
What do you find freaky in blackberry ping? Let me make a statics of this issue. If 100 people owns a bb, maybe 40 will be on bb service meaning there are fewer people to ping with. One bad news on bb messenger is that it does not work with ordinary internet bundles. Also, there are 99% possibility of those who are on bb messenger also have another IM like yahoo, msn, window live, Gtalk, AOl, AIM, Facebook etc. and all these IM are fully integrated on the award winning All-In-One IM app called Nimbuzz, Voice chat is also allowed in it ( symbian, Iphone, PC, android and window mobile). Why not tell them to give u any of their IM apart from PIN? There is no feature in this ping of a thing compared to Nimbuzz. Think twice dear and dont be a biter.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by maxjax(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2011
Whatz the big deal bout PINGing undecided undecided
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by mustyman2k: 8:19am On Apr 11, 2011
am nw an andriod fan.just go get dat phone and figure it out,nothin is special abt bb.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by teddydonny: 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
Left to right it's blackberry this, nokia that and iPhone, (coughs). Personally, Nokia would have been better among the three in terms of functionality but it's slowly being stolen off Nokia by iPhone. On a dfferent view, I love the style in Android and the functionality of Windows OS.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by owner(m): 1:15am On Apr 13, 2011
I Greet you Guys, hmmmm! My peeps in the Building, Engr Hamid and Don, Its Good seeing you Guys in the Room!
Well, Who called that WhatsApp Function Pinging? I have Written a Full Review about that App, Its Just an Advance SMS'ing ways, But thats a very Good Platform Nokia can work on, it will be a very Great Features, if Nokia Phones come with a Similar Stuffs! When it comes to Phone Review, I just wonder how some Guys think, Nokia is very much aware about the Andriod and the RIM Madness in town, I believe none of you have heard about the Maemo OS, Check it our, Its gonna Rule the world, When NOKIA Launch Symbian OS, It was the Best as at then and infact am still loving it uptil now, Andriod or no Andriod [Coughs], I still to Nokia, [Naijaloaded . c o m]
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by frgy1: 1:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
owner:

I Greet you Guys, hmmmm! My peeps in the Building, Engr Hamid and Don, Its Good seeing you Guys in the Room!
Well, Who called that WhatsApp Function Pinging? I have Written a Full Review about that App, Its Just an Advance SMS'ing ways, But thats a very Good Platform Nokia can work on, it will be a very Great Features, if Nokia Phones come with a Similar Stuffs! When it comes to Phone Review, I just wonder how some Guys think, Nokia is very much aware about the Andriod and the RIM Madness in town, I believe none of you have heard about the Maemo OS, Check it our, Its gonna Rule the world, When NOKIA Launch Symbian OS, It was the Best as at then and infact am still loving it uptil now, Andriod or no Andriod [Coughs], I still to Nokia, [Naijaloaded . c o m]
You must have been living under a rock for a considerable length of time
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by teddydonny: 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by passion007: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
You must have been living under a rock for a considerable length of time
u took the words from my mouth, lol.

Strangely, my prior reply has been moderated. It would appear there's a limit to freedom of expression around here,
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by tunscolo(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2011
guyz, there's notin like pinging. Someone just came up with this terminology and u guyz started to adopt the jargon. Pinging is a test carried out on computer networks, And theres notin special in that ur so called pinging,all still relies on monthly subscription, then why dnt i use y! Mssgr or skype? Rite now am using 5800, there are a handful of fones far better dan bb. Nigerians, follow follow people, And dat doesnt mean i dnt own a bb,
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by tunscolo(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2011
@arowolo, friend, u cant ping with ur xpress music but u can do something with it that is better than pinging, Pinging is a propietary of blackberry. It enables bb devices to communicate like to chat, Buy they still pay, what ordinary ebuddy can do, So pal lets say so called pinging is 'chatting'. The generation of it is over, believe me. When there were no apps like nimbuzz, ebuddy, yahoo mobile mssgr, then pinging was the king, but rite now, nah nah nah,
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by arowoloafeez: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2011
hw do i use it?cos it just deduct my credit without even using it at all.my friend online can't see me bt i can see dem.it use to show my msg is being delivered bt d recipient don't receive it.
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by dragnet: 11:42pm On Apr 22, 2011
tunscolo:

@arowolo, friend, u cant ping with your xpress music but u can do something with it that is better than pinging, Pinging is a propietary of blackberry. It enables bb devices to communicate like to chat, Buy they still pay, what ordinary ebuddy can do, So pal lets say so called pinging is 'chatting'. The generation of it is over, believe me. When there were no apps like nimbuzz, ebuddy, yahoo mobile mssgr, then pinging was the king, but rite now, nah nah nah,
tunscolo:

guyz, there's notin like pinging. Someone just came up with this terminology and u guyz started to adopt the jargon. Pinging is a test carried out on computer networks, And theres notin special in that your so called pinging,all still relies on monthly subscription, then why dnt i use y! Mssgr or skype? Rite now am using 5800, there are a handful of fones far better dan bb. Nigerians, follow follow people, And dat doesnt mean i dnt own a bb,
, concur
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by tunscolo(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2011
just create a new ebuddy account then add the messenger services u wud like to b using thats all. I profer that u use etisalat so that u can have the benefit of weekly 15mb. Be alive
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by arowoloafeez: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2011
av gone via d neccessary reg bt its nt working 4 me. d prob is dat i can see my frnds bt dey can't see me,my msg shows delivered bt recipient don't receive it.and it does deduct my credit without even using it at all.hw do i go abt dis?
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by Mafia4life(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2011
@all
Pls stop refering Ebuddy ( Though it is also good but java based ), Nimbuzz ( the symbian version ) is the king cos it pop out when message comes, The new version has Nimbuzz Ping though Nigerian ISP have not implement it,
Re: Hw Do U Ping With 5800? by tomX1(m): 12:12am On Apr 28, 2011
BlackBerry messenger is just another messaging software. That it comes bundled with every version of blackberry doesn't change the fact that it is a messaging software.
However it should be noted that since it's use is restricted among bb users it is not as versatile as other non discriminatory messaging apps in the market. A messenger that can be used on a larger variety of platforms with less restriction to users will always be considered as better. In the near future you might just see that RIM might become more liberal with the bb messenger, allowing other devices to download it and chat with their bb friends to boot it's popularity and appeal (this has always been the trend in such matters)

(1) (Reply)

[download] Operamini 7 For All Naija Network Except Cdma / How To Get Free 5GB On Your Mtn Sims / Which Android Phone Can I Get For 25,000 To 27,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.