Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? (5430 Views)

REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons! / What Is Africa Without The Horn? / Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by pleep(m): 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
Amhatu:

@vladimiros , Today, we do not need Westerners whether its UK or USA.
China has invested more in Africa than any other people or Country.

The Chinese are our friends not the west.

Exactly. The Chinese gov has already cancelled 10 of millions $ worth of debt owed to it from African countries, and they are willing to do business as equals.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 09, 2011
pleep:

Exactly. The Chinese gov has already cancelled 10 of millions $ worth of debt owed to it from African countries, and they are willing to do business as equals.

Dont be deceived NOBODY is our friend. the Asians want to be friends with Africa so bad because the are trying to migrate and as well get the resources . that's why you would hardly see any African in Madagascar now. The Indonesians did the same thing back then. NOW the own the country. We can only help our selves no one will do it for us.

Asians don't like blacks. they only want what we have
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by pleep(m): 1:49am On Apr 09, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Dont be deceived NOBODY is our friend. the Asians want to be friends with Africa so bad because the are trying to migrate and as well get the resources . that's why you would hardly see any African in Madagascar now. The Indonesians did the same thing back then. NOW the own the country. We can only help our selves no one will do it for us.

Asians don't like blacks. they only want what we have
Anyway your right, The african really has no firends, they only want resources, but the trade off will be much more fair than with the west.
Its unfourtunate it has to be this way though. what we really need to do is look inward. There is everything Africa needs to be geogprahically indipendant and properous inside Africa.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by bashem: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2011
pleep:

Anyway your right, The african really has no firends, they only want resources, but the trade off will be much more fair than with the west.
Its unfourtunate it has to be this way though. what we really need to do is look inward. There is everything Africa needs to be geogprahically indipendant and properous inside Africa.

I would have to agree with both of ya'll on this. I believe that the chinese are negotiating with us as equal business partners rather then just negotiating lopsided deals, and I believe that they have no il intentions toward their african counter parts when it comes to business. But at the same time we can't rely soley on the chinese to help us build a strong africa. If we want a strong africa we should ditch the west, stay close to the east, but rely on ourselves. Only then will we no longer be considered a colony of europe.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
@cap28, u've almost said it all. Africa is an endangered continent and almost conquered by the west! African leaders are traitors cos they've betrayed their people by becoming agents of western imperialism and thats one of the reasons for mega-corruption.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by AjanleKoko: 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Just on the lighter side.
Some years back I was about to join a major Middle East Telco. My Canadian boss, when I tendered my resignation, was like 'No, not these guys. They discriminate a lot'. I was like 'Dude, I'm a black man, everybody discriminates against the black man. What's new? grin'
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Amhatu(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
Generally Africans and Asians get along okay if you look at all the projects workend on with Asians and Africans together.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2011
bashem:

I would have to agree with both of ya'll on this. I believe that the chinese are negotiating with us as equal business partners rather then just negotiating lopsided deals, and I believe that they have no il intentions toward their african counter parts when it comes to business. But at the same time we can't rely soley on the chinese to help us build a strong africa. If we want a strong africa we should ditch the west, stay close to the east, but rely on ourselves. Only then will we no longer be considered a colony of europe.

True.
Asians my be slightly better But we are the ones who can solve most of our problems
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by yeswecan(m): 10:10am On Apr 11, 2011
The answer to the question is YES
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 15, 2011
Africa will always be a colony of europe/western nations in asmuch as we keep having leaders that are products/agents of white/european imperialism!
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by zimdollar(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2011
the simple answer is YES. france has never left africa. britain has been and always in africa. its like we owe them something.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by 2muchlogic(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2011
It use to be but now its a colony of Europe and Asia wink smiley wink
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by panafrican(m): 1:23am On May 23, 2011
2muchlogic:

It use to be but now its a colony of Europe and Asia wink smiley wink
And Mr. Goodluck the new french sous-prefet is enjoying it.
Re: Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
AjanleKoko: Just on the lighter side.
Some years back I was about to join a major Middle East Telco. My Canadian boss, when I tendered my resignation, was like 'No, not these guys. They discriminate a lot'. I was like 'Dude, I'm a black man, everybody discriminates against the black man. What's new? grin'

So sad...
Are we a slave specie?
...but I guess d reality is sadder

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Jew Heading BLM And ANTIFA / Israeli Air-force Ranked The Mightiest In The World! / Breaking: Mali, Burkina Faso And Niger Form Allied Force Against Ecowas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.