Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue (11960 Views)

El-Rufai: It Appears I Permanently Occupy The Minds Of Some People / 2023 Presidency: Bandits Will Run If They Hear My Name - Wike / El-rufai: It’s Foolish To Sit In Lagos Or Port Harcourt And Demand Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by benjackugo: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
It Is Deceitful To Think That bandits Who Are Counting Millions Will Embrace Dialogue And Return To Lifestyle Of Seeing Little Money Occasionally - Governor El-Rufai

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has explained why banditry has continued in the North West region of the country, IgbereTV reports.

Speaking in an interview on BBC Hausa on Monday February 8 following the killing of 18 people by suspected bandits in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Saturday February 6, El-Rufai said it's been difficult to tackle banditry in the region because every state is fighting it in its own way.

The Kaduna state Governor stated that it will be difficult to succeed in the fight against banditry if states in the region don't come together to ask the "federal government to provide them with soldiers and police to enter the bush and kill all the bandits".

Also speaking against granting amnesty to the bandits, El-Rufai added that it will be deceitful to think that someone who is counting millions as gains from ransom will embrace dialogue and return to his previous lifestyle where he saw little money occasionally.

He said;

“As a result, every state is fighting in it own way. If we cannot come together for the federal government to provide us with soldiers and police to enter the bush and kill all the bandits, it will be difficult to succeed in the fight against banditry.

“There is no synergy among the governors in the northwest on how to end the banditry. But Kaduna is collaborating with Niger State on modalities to end the killings by the gunmen.

“State like Zamfara adopted a policy of dialogue with the gunmen, giving them amnesty, which I don’t believe in. With this, we have differences on how to tackle the situation.

“We sat together with the governors in Katsina but we disagreed on how to tackle the criminality. Some believed on dialogue while others didn’t.

“It is deceitful to believe that a person who is now counting millions as gains from ransom will embrace dialogue and return to his previous lifestyle where he saw little money occasionally."

https://igberetvnews.com/1381883/deceitful-think-bandits-will-embrace-dialogue-gov-el-rufai/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by troublemakea(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
Y'all that sleeps happy, wake up worryless and go bout the day expecting the best outta the day each passing day. How do you all do it??

at this point I'm opened to learnings and teaching

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by dollytino4real(f): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
they cash out big time on u, so call ur mad dogs to talk b4 dey bite u n ur families,

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by PrinceOfLagos: 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
El rufai, God wont be merciful on you on The day of judgement.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
Yet this man paid them.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by baralatie(m): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
experience is the best teacher

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Racoon(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
So what was this man thinking when he did same thing in Kaduna sometime back.No! This must be a diplomatic statement or political gimmick by the saucy or bigotry governor.Same El Rufai that paid Fulanis to stop their atrocious activities in Southern Kaduna

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by baralatie(m): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
Racoon:
No! This must be a diplomatic statement or political gimmick by the saucy or bigotry governor.Same El Rufai that paid Fulanis to stop their atrocious activities in Southern Kaduna
well! he thought the fulani killer herdsmen/bandits were interested in peace and would go back to a life of been employed or something like that.
he did not fully grasp that this person's wanted chaos and the profit of chaos just like book haram

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by LibertyRep: 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2021
A governor sometimes boasted of appeasing some criminals by paying them to stop the killings in the southern part of his state.

I can't remember who the governor is but I hope it isn't Elrufai else his statement could amount to hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Philolawyer(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
Nice narrative. I like the script writers who put up this show called Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 3:14am On Feb 09, 2021
benjackugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1381883/deceitful-think-bandits-will-embrace-dialogue-gov-el-rufai/

Lalasticlala

Non-combative/non-kinetic method that already netted a certain governor N770 million windfall.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by DWJOBScom(m): 4:30am On Feb 09, 2021
I agree
Whenever Gov. El-rufai leaves that which troubles him, he comes out saying alot of credible things.
Bandits are bandits
Their sponsors must be captured as they are well known.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by tobechi20(m): 4:30am On Feb 09, 2021
Tell us what they will embrace, SOUTHERN land?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by weyreypey: 4:32am On Feb 09, 2021
Both kinetic and non kinetic methods should be deployed in a termination mission

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by kuntash: 4:32am On Feb 09, 2021
But even the El Rufai has not helped either to curb this menace.
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Rammerodmc: 4:32am On Feb 09, 2021
Birds of the same feather....
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by WoundedLamb: 4:35am On Feb 09, 2021
Just wondering, is there any reason we prefer the word "banditry" to "terrorism"?

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by yimnansunny: 4:35am On Feb 09, 2021
very true
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by crossfm: 4:36am On Feb 09, 2021
Northern governors, always speaking from two sides of their mouth.

They are neither here nor there.Today they are paying ransom to bandits, tomorrow they are criticising the same people they gave ransom to.

What was I even expecting, I know of a darling daddy who said "A war against boko haram is a war against the north".

Another one states,"We will write this for all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes".

They also said,"Boko haram are our brother's".

Another one went further to state," Fulani's value their cow more than human lives ".This particular one is worrisome, because it was said by a woman and a mother.

If you ask most of them the way forward, they will tell you that both the bandits and boko haram members should be pardoned. But will be quick to call for the arrests of Sunday Igboho,end SARS protester's, ESN and bishop Kukah.

They can call them addict's or whatever, the truth is that they are terrorist's and should be treated as such.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by IamPlato(m): 4:37am On Feb 09, 2021

With the way things I going in Nigeria, I can say that Nigeria is ruled by bandits...

Insecurity in Nigeria is just too high, from the outside people see Nigeria as a place where blood litters the streets, they think we are at war why because of a failed and greed government...

In my signature is a video of Nigerian youths discussing insecurity in Nigeria, if the video in my signature doesn't play click my profile and go down, there you will find the video under my profile picture
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Mindlog: 4:38am On Feb 09, 2021
It is difficult to take an addict away from his substance of choice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Mekudi: 4:38am On Feb 09, 2021
My CAC profile shows registered, please how will I download certificate because I'm not seeing option for that on my dashboard or will I go and collect my certificate in CAC office?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by onoms4luv(m): 4:39am On Feb 09, 2021
Hell Rufai
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by tillaman(m): 4:40am On Feb 09, 2021
grin
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Nobody: 4:43am On Feb 09, 2021
The chief sponsor has spoken and I advise everyone to listen because he brought them here and he alone knows them too well.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by superior1: 4:44am On Feb 09, 2021
Na money be dialogue, we sef know say na una dem dey make money from those bandits and BH
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Sunnycliff(m): 4:44am On Feb 09, 2021
He has spoken the truth for the first time ever
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by nairalee(m): 4:47am On Feb 09, 2021
The way APC keeps romancing these "bandits" in the first place. They gotta start by appropriately labeling them as terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by AMvanquish: 4:50am On Feb 09, 2021
True. Which Millionaire wants to go back to poverty and counting crumbs. But Our security personnel have really let us down with these bandits. Clueless bunch undecided
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:52am On Feb 09, 2021
Truly. They will never stop

Elrufai,u spoke well this time

But who will bell de cat.?

Lets do ranching first to separate the weed from de crop, then bomb the forest

Truly elrufai know some these bandits especially that kill in southern Kaduna. Many of our northern governors know these elements but cant touch them.

If they are arrested, the get released,and dey kill de police dat release them or kidnap the judge , directly or indirectly
Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by Alejobs: 5:03am On Feb 09, 2021
Thank you for speaking the truth

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: It Is Deceitful To Think Bandits Will Embrace Dialogue by zealousayo(m): 5:04am On Feb 09, 2021
Hell Rufai is a coded terrorist and very intolerant man. Perhaps he has forgotten all the shits he said when Jona was the President. This alaye even some Fulani bandits to stop killing people in southern Kaduna.
I hate all this peace talk nonsense, any bandit caught should be killed immediately 'cause they show know mercy to their victims too. You will be doing operation Python dance in the East, operation Crocodile smile in the West, but in the North where the real security breach is, and killings and kidnappings are rampant, you will be treating with kid gloves, giving them money. Awon olosi. Y'all deceiving yourselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sen Bashiru: Why Senate Confirmed Ex-Service Chiefs As Ambassadors / New NNPC Charges May Trigger Increase In Petrol Price / 60% Of Buhari’s 2019 Voters Are Now Atikulated - Hayatu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.