Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963432 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hsadiq(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
read this! just prepared it

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fidelo726: 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
Hello hindsight

your update seems not to be coming.
hope all is well.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Fidelo726:

Hello hindsight

your update seems not to be coming.
hope all is well.
I believe the election is responsible for the delay or he lost interest in posting here.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 5:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
Hi all sorry for the lack of updates.
Fidelo u r right i want everything to settle proper b4 we continue. Fidelo i am a she. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
Sorry meant to say Blink in my last post not Fidelo. Will continue with my posts next week.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2011
Hindsight:

Sorry meant to say Blink in my last post not Fidelo. Will continue with my posts next week.
Hehehehe. . .you know there is a saying 'when a woman takes on the task of a man, she is addressed as a man' lol grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hipinnacle: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
The best advice i can give u is to create multiple stream of income alongside wt ur poultry farm. You can incorporate as a starter with production of catfish fingerlings/juveniles to boost ur profit in few months.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
hipinnacle:

The best advice i can give u is to create multiple stream of income alongside wt your poultry farm. You can incorporate as a starter with production of catfish fingerlings/juveniles to boost your profit in few months.
I support your idea but then you can't really tell if she is practising your idea or not. As for me, I really prefer catfish production to poultry, when poultry problem comes. . . you go catch your grand mama winch . . . lol grin grin grin but catfish, they hardly fall ill. All the same I still think this is great. Its better you deal in a business you completely understand than one you know little or nothing of.

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yewaman: 11:23pm On May 02, 2011
I also am interested in starting a small poultry, also startin with layers and boilers, I think you should at the possibility of talking to hotels, resturants and fastfood joints around you for selling your birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DisGuy: 4:11am On May 03, 2011
this is interesting

but can people stop giving unsolicited advice, she probably has her consultants, vets and other personnel she/they need already
why don't you wait till she ask you specific questions before posting advice based on pictures, and stop posting phone numbers like a scammer

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 12:10pm On May 03, 2011
Hi all thanks for all the comments. We just got someone else to the the floors again. Having to redo the floors again from scratch is so painfull. Hopefully he will be starting tomorrow. My morale is down but my friend is more determined than ever about the poultry, which is a positive cos av been the one literally dragging her along wink . We learn everyday. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 9:32pm On May 05, 2011
The old floor is been dug up to make room for the new one.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 05, 2011
Dis Guy:

this is interesting

but can people stop giving unsolicited advice, she probably has her consultants, vets and other personnel she/they need already
why don't you wait till she ask you specific questions before posting advice based on pictures, and stop posting phone numbers like a scammer
well said

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by zogo(m): 11:34am On May 06, 2011
you can try Heliculture (Snail Farming), its simple as ABC. Our success secrets on successful Heliculture is compiled here: www.snailfarmingng..com

See table of content attached below

I will see you @ the top!

1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mysmoothie: 12:18pm On May 06, 2011
If i may ask, what was wrong with the flooring so others will not make the same mistake again.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sleekman(m): 1:49pm On May 06, 2011
Interesting! Just learnt about this project. Props to the poster on this worthy project. Like the last poster asked what was wrong with the flooring before because na u be lecturerer now O! Lol
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 9:05pm On May 06, 2011
Am no expert on building but i think what they did was that the proportion of sand to the cement was too much in the mixture. They also didn't add enough sand to the floor before adding the cement mixture. The floor was so thin at most points that it would crack at the slightest pressure. As I said am no expert so i may be off point.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olabagro: 2:59pm On May 07, 2011
I appreciate what you guys are doing , i pray that God will help you out ,you guys will not regret this as God liveth. My advise is that ,for the fact that you are coming to dis biz for the first time you should try to start with something less than 1000 birds and still keep little out of your money to the time you now get the loggic of this biz u can now increase it by then u must have know most thing about this biz . Layers are more preferable to broiler becos of the marketing . Ensure that u get a consultant that will put you through and also ensure that you get your  birds from a very good source ,also the fowl feeds matter ensure u get better feeds for them and keep a very clean environment for the birds.pls where is your farm .I can supply the feeds if the farm is not too far from where i have my office you can see www.olabagro.webs.com

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yaris(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2011
9ice work, keep it up, and pls keep us updated. God will surely bless ur effort.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 9:14pm On May 08, 2011
Hi all!
Tomorrow we'll be going out to survey equipments (trays, drinkers, etc). We will also check out some hatcheries, tho we already have a place in mind. The flooring is in progress one side has already been finished. Will keep u posted.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:30am On May 12, 2011
Niiiiiiiice grin

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Olaisrich(m): 9:27am On May 15, 2011
keep it up! you are already a blessing , you know? just keep us updated on the price of trays,drinkers e.t.c.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 8:37pm On May 15, 2011
The floor has been finished finally. Yesterday we went to the market and bought some items such as trays @ N140 per piece (i think it is on the high side), cartons (to partition the brooding room) etc etc. For the trays we had some almunium sheets lying around my friends' house so we took it to the guys who do metal (almunium) works and we will get about 24 small feeders and about ten rectangular feeders. We have also gotten a consultant to assist us during the brooding stage. God willing we will book our day old on tuesday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Olaisrich(m): 8:46pm On May 15, 2011
weldone! i cherish your diligency, just like that the work will soon over, let know the overall cost
when finished!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mayjil: 10:58pm On May 15, 2011
Way to go my sista, I am so proud of you. I hope you know just how much people like you through these postings remain a source of strength for many. God will keep giving you the energy.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eginMark: 12:35pm On May 16, 2011
I want to set up a small scale poultry, snail farm like the one Hindsight is building
in Ondo town ondo state.I need someone with knowledge to take charge of the project.
send me a private email please.
eginmark@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bayfam(m): 8:47am On May 18, 2011
Hello Dear Farmers,
I want to inform any one that needed Rough Gala's for feed meals making,we sell Gala used for making feed for animals fish meals and the rest. Per Kilo is 45naira or if you have contacts for us,we can deliver to you on terms. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femmy2010(m): 2:24pm On May 18, 2011
This is great.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 8:21pm On May 19, 2011
Hi all thanks for all the comments, keep them coming. So yesterday we bought polythene material to cover the wire mesh so dat the rains wont come into the coop (see attached pix). Also we began negotiations on the day old today we would conclude tomorrow and i will let u know how it goes. We r thinking of starting with both broilers and layers, we'll be discussing with our vet, will also keep u posted on dat.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.