Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963308 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:12pm On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

Hmmm.....Good to hear it worked for you, bro I read that same article before i treated mine three years back, and i regretted doing it... i cant try it on my laying birds again. I did it once, twice and it wrecked my production. I only use tylosin few weeks to POl. And if i happen to come across CRD in my laying flock i just use embacerly.
But I thought Embaceryl contains tylosin? It also contains vitamins. When giving any antibiotic, I always combine them with a multivit, if not there will be a drop in production or growth.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2015
kelvin96:

Hmmm.....Good to hear it worked for you, bro I read that same article before i treated mine three years back, and i regretted doing it... i cant try it on my laying birds again. I did it once, twice and it wrecked my production. I only use tylosin few weeks to POl. And if i happen to come across CRD in my laying flock i just use embacerly.
@Kelvin96,
I've not heard of embacerly b4 . can I get it from a vet store.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:37pm On May 21, 2015
FarmTech:

But I thought Embaceryl contains tylosin? It also contains vitamins. When giving any antibiotic, I always combine them with a multivit, if not there will be a drop in production or growth.

Yes it has tylosin, but with some vitamins that is compatible with each other.
If i decides to give tylosin on its own accompany with any vitamins to my laying birds, how do i tell the mixing ratio between the two? or will i just take some amount of the vitamin and add to the tylosin? for me(My own view) i think it is a gamble. when your birds are at their peak and you gamble with them, the result might not be good. But for embaceryl , it has been well prepared for the that purpose.
So i prefer using embaceryl than mixing tylosin with vitamins on laying birds.....Or i might risk using anitylodox (Anidoxityle)

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 11:42pm On May 21, 2015
davidzfarm18:

@Kelvin96,
I've not heard of embacerly b4 . can I get it from a vet store.

Yes most vet stores has it. Embaceryl and Embazin forte are from the same company

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AreaFada2: 4:55am On May 22, 2015
davies427:
@segun1976. I could nt keep it too myself again. Pls n pls be careful milling ur feed outside. I had an experience wit my past birds milling from a feed mill. I was reaped off soo bad. To an extent that d feed was compounded badly, d maize was white instead of yellow maize. I will advise u to invest in ur own machine. It does nt cost u.more than 250k or less to get a good machine wit lester generator in ibadan. I gurantee u that if u sort for ur own material n mill on ur own farm u will see a difference. Forget watever the feed miller will tell u. If u r nt there while it been mill, u will be shortage. Also if the feed mill does nt practise safe n hygiene ways while ur feed is been done. Ur birds might get infected. Just saying# u cant spend.more than 600k including machine n oda items needed to compound ur own feed. Justsaying bro.

Nice one here.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AreaFada2: 4:57am On May 22, 2015
FarmTech:

Cool

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2015
kelvin96:

Yes it has tylosin, but with some vitamins that is compatible with each other.
If i decides to give tylosin on its own accompany with any vitamins to my laying birds, how do i tell the mixing ratio between the two? or will i just take some amount of the vitamin and add to the tylosin? for me(My own view) i think it is a gamble. when your birds are at their peak and you gamble with them, the result might not be good. But for embaceryl , it has been well prepared for the that purpose.
So i prefer using embaceryl than mixing tylosin with vitamins on laying birds.....Or i might risk using anitylodox (Anidoxityle)
I understand ur view. For me, I simply follow the dosage instruction for both the tylodox and multivit, and I use multivits that contains amino acids, eg aminototal.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 12:45pm On May 22, 2015
@Kelvin96
Bros you be my chairman ooo. My farm is at km 19 benin/sapele road Just by Rubber research Junction. I will be so happy to see you sir.

Oga Kelvin.....I will call at your farm between tuesday and wednesday next week and pls let me know when you will be free to receive me sir.

Thank you Kelvin96.....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 5:42pm On May 22, 2015
why the rush for DOC pullets. CHI is fully booked till August.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2015
Oga Jamp. Most farms shut down because of the election and they are restocking now. Great Weekend to all. just remembered farmers have no wkend.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kelvin96: 6:11am On May 23, 2015
omotititi:
@Kelvin96
Bros you be my chairman ooo. My farm is at km 19 benin/sapele road Just by Rubber research Junction. I will be so happy to see you sir.

Oga Kelvin.....I will call at your farm between tuesday and wednesday next week and pls let me know when you will be free to receive me sir.

Thank you Kelvin96.....

Okay boss. I will check out my schedule for the coming week and i will get back to you on monday. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 10:02am On May 23, 2015
eggxel:
Thanx alot my noble sirs, eggcelent and jamp. There is a good chance I'll be your neighbour jamp as my farm is off orozo ( in one of ur post, if I correctly recall, u said u are in karshi); hope im right sir.

when are you starting?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 10:26am On May 23, 2015
My oga jamp, started work on the pen yesterday. Its actually in karshi (a place called gidan mudu). Under such a circumstance where one has to wait in line for 3 months for pullets, what are the alternatives? (I hope there are alternatives sir)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 11:08am On May 23, 2015
eggxel:
My oga jamp, started work on the pen yesterday. Its actually in karshi (a place called gidan mudu). Under such a circumstance where one has to wait in line for 3 months for pullets, what are the alternatives? (I hope there are alternatives sir)

ok bro. there are other hatcheries you can book from. all my birds are from CHI except the POL i took from animal care. i believe the 3months will give you time to prepare. no need to rush. like Akaytopsy said farming is a game of time.

cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 6:35pm On May 23, 2015
@jamp; thanks alot bros.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aralgreen: 7:25pm On May 23, 2015
hi y'all pls expert in da house abeg help i bought 1500 POL @ 16wks they have taken all their vaccinatn and now almost 20wks they started laying on tuesday but so far i haven't gotten 1 crate which i think is odd.they are active and eat well(vital feed) is there something im nt doing
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 8:21pm On May 23, 2015
Thank God, atlast, my birds dropped their first egg yesterday at 23weeks, i was begining to worry o,the wait wasn't easy, i pray they do well. tanx to all d great farmers in dis house for everytin. u guys are d bomb.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2015
endy247:
Thank God, atlast, my birds dropped their first egg yesterday at 23weeks, i was begining to worry o,the wait wasn't easy, i pray they do well. tanx to all d great farmers in dis house for everytin. u guys are d bomb.
So Happy for you.
The good thing is you'll get big eggs.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 12:24am On May 24, 2015
@davizfarm, thanx dear, and why do u say so?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 3:22am On May 24, 2015
endy247:
@davizfarm, thanx dear, and why do u say so?
because they dropped it late. Congratulations
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tucurj(m): 8:27am On May 24, 2015
endy247:
congratulations @endy
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 10:17am On May 24, 2015
Congrats endy.but you have to be extra vigilante @ d moment. because,onset of laying imposes stress on the birds initially thus making them susceptible to various diseases.best of luck.
endy247:
Thank God, atlast, my birds dropped their first egg yesterday at 23weeks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2015
endy247:
Congratulations oo. Are you done with all the vaccinations?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
tabontabon:
Congrats endy.but you have to be extra vigilante @ d moment. because,onset of laying imposes stress on the birds initially thus making them susceptible to various diseases.best of luck.
Thanx tabontabon, bt what are d tins dat i shld or shldn't do, cos i plan to give them lasota 2morow or shld i suspend it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 3:51pm On May 24, 2015
FarmTech:

Congratulations oo. Are you done with all the vaccinations?
yes farmtech, i'm done wit vaccination, thanx.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 3:52pm On May 24, 2015
tucurj:
congratulations @endy
thanx oga tucurj.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2015
endy247:
yes farmtech, i'm done wit vaccination, thanx.
Ok. Don't miss lasota when due if u don't want problem.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kevin96(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
endy247:
Thanx tabontabon, bt what are d tins dat i shld or shldn't do, cos i plan to give them lasota 2morow or shld i suspend it.

When did u gave the last ND vaccine?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segun1976: 6:48pm On May 24, 2015
Hello House,
Happy to announce that our birds dropped first egg last week @ 19wk 4days.however since then we have gotten atotal of only 24eggs from the 3,263 birds.
From all I have learnt from the seniorsin this forum I believe that there is nothing abnormal about this.
We continue to keep a close watch and take adequate steps towards good pullet management practices.
Your invaluable advice is always welcome.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by endy247(f): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
kevin96:

When did u gave the last ND vaccine?
The last ND vaccine was 4weeks ago when they were 19weeks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eggxel: 8:38pm On May 24, 2015
segun1976:
Hello House,
Happy to announce that our birds dropped first egg last week @ 19wk 4days.however since then we have gotten atotal of only 24eggs from the 3,263 birds.
From all I have learnt from the seniorsin this forum I believe that there is nothing abnormal about this.
We continue to keep a close watch and take adequate steps towards good pullet management practices.
Segun1976, gud to know u are doing well and making good progress with your birds. U haven't posted in a while. I was quite inspired seeing/reading how guys like you and penmight started, so its gud to hear from u sir. Penmight, pls update d house when u can sir; im looking forward to hearing from u.
More grease.........more grace
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 8:55pm On May 24, 2015
segun1976:
Hello House,

congrats bro. You are on the right track. Am yet to see egg from my batch(19wks). You can stimulate them to sexual maturity by adding light. I intend to add light when they are 20wks.

cheers bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.