Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (962227 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Walexwal: 6:24pm On May 23, 2016
weldone @OP kindly send me the doc too walexwaldaguru@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 6:23pm On May 24, 2016
please I need help! I'm a beginner, I noticed some of my 8weeks layers are infected in the eyes, they do scratch their eyes with their leg and blood is coming out from the eye, I'm so worried about this, please help. what can I use to cure this
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by taiwoliu(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2016
taiwoliu:
Good day house,

can any1 tell me the cost of POL Birds at the moment or contacts of any of the reputable sellers? and also the cost of feed at the moment?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by zaraman(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2016
animal care just increased their feed prices

layer mash from 2980naira per bag to 3335naira per bag. over 350niara increment.

claim maize is now expensive

eggs prices will definitely shoot up.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 7:15pm On May 25, 2016
Hi poultry fam, where can I get this fulani/ ediye giloba here in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by taiwoliu(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2016
zaraman:
animal care just increased their feed prices

layer mash from 2980naira per bag to 3335naira per bag. over 350niara increment.

claim maize is now expensive

eggs prices will definitely shoot up.

Thanks bro.... any idea on PoL price in lagos?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Rb53: 7:21am On May 28, 2016
Please has anyone tried Tetra SL pullet from Niger Farms? Please how good is it? Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 1kinggy(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2016
@fnk please can you share the material with me: onekinggy @ gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omo17(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2016
Do we have turkey farmers in abeokuta?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 7:05pm On May 29, 2016
Good day great Farmers,
Please how much is a crate of egg from the farm now that the cost of feed has gone up again.
kindly advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 7:32pm On May 29, 2016
Infact,the Continuos Increase In Feed Cost Is Something Else.

bosaty2003:
Good day great Farmers,
Please how much is a crate of egg from the farm now that the cost of feed has gone up again.
kindly advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by manya(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2016
bosaty2003:
Good day great Farmers,
kindly advice
I sell mine at #700/crate in Bauchi.
let us rub minds on this pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by VeeWang(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2016
Name: Vee.Wang
Field: battery cage, boiler cage, pullet cage, hexagonal mesh manufacture
Address: Anping county, Hebei provice, China.
10 years experience on cage/ mesh production and export.
WhatsApp: +86 15028772103
Email: ivmeshmachine@foxmail.com
Free sample and quick quotation was available. Welcome to found me on WhatsApp or mail me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jwax: 2:53pm On May 31, 2016
I buy and sell all my agro products on www.agromarket.ng, lots of agroprenuers are there. Maybe you guys should try and check it out. its really cool and thats my little big secret of how have been able to buy and sell all my products. Thank me later for this info... Heheheh boastful me cheesy grin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by malik11599: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2016
Good morning house,

I have over 3000 spent layers birds for sale in Lagos at a good price, interested buyers should please contact me: 07067192028
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by malik11599: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2016
Please find below attached picture of the birds to be sold

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by taiwoliu(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
malik11599:
Please find below attached picture of the birds to be sold
Nice Pen you have there, i kinda like the simple design.... but a few questions tho.
are the cages locally made? what material is used for the mesh?
how do you manage their litter?
in the last pix, there appears an opening in the roof. if this is correct, how do you protect against excess sunlight and rain?
i dont see a drinking trough in the cages, tho i see the plumb pipes for water supply.
whats the size of this pen and dimension?

i'm sorry to bore u with questions, i'm just an enthusiast.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Johnnyessence(m): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
tonapuck:
please I need help! I'm a beginner, I noticed some of my 8weeks layers are infected in the eyes, they do scratch their eyes with their leg and blood is coming out from the eye, I'm so worried about this, please help. what can I use to cure this
pls answer this farmer ooo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Vonex: 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
tonapuck:
I think more info is needed to conclude but if the infected eye swells and bringing out water then it is coryza. Then you will need an antibiotics that contain ampicillin and streptomycin. Anicillin by animal care will work.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omo17(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls i nid the contact of turkey farmers in abeokuta, i nid who can supply me turkey for rearing and also mentor me.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omo17(m): 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls i nid the contact of turkey farmers in abeokuta, i nid who can supply me turkey for rearing and also mentor me.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2016
Hello my people in the house pls house is a create of egg now from farm in Lagos and from stages
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Realsman405(m): 3:14am On Jun 03, 2016
For Sale!!!
4000 point of lay birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 4:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Hello my people in the house pls house is a create of egg now from farm in Lagos and from stages
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 4:38am On Jun 06, 2016
abidecz:
I sells @700naira here in ibadan,irrespective of d size,though,my eggs are somehow big
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 2:17am On Jun 07, 2016
Vonex:

I think more info is needed to conclude but if the infected eye swells and bringing out water then it is coryza. Then you will need an antibiotics that contain ampicillin and streptomycin. Anicillin by animal care will work.

thanks! you're the best, I contacted a doctor about it, and that's what I was told to buy, the birds are now feeling good
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by malik11599: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2016
Good day house, for all those who mill their own bird feed I have neat, dried, shelled and well preserved corn for sale; call 07067192028 for more information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aiotaq: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
You can join dedicated paultry group on inat and get more conversations specific to paultry at www.inat.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Walexwal: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
Vonex:

weldone bro. MY birds are having the same symptoms but after using the antibiotics, their production dropped to 55%. what can i do to raise their production level back? some of the birds are laying very minute eggs too. pls kindlt hlp sir
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by taiwoliu(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
Walexwal:
weldone bro. MY birds are having the same symptoms but after using the antibiotics, their production dropped to 55%. what can i do to raise their production level back? some of the birds are laying very minute eggs too. pls kindlt hlp sir
2 question please:
1. how did you calculate the lay-rate of your birds?
2. how much eggs does a bird lay daily?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by taiwoliu(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
malik11599:
Good day house, for all those who mill their own bird feed I have neat, dried, shelled and well preserved corn for sale; call 07067192028 for more information. Thanks

Please answer these questions...

Nice Pen you have there, i kinda like the simple design.... but a few questions tho.
are the cages locally made? what material is used for the mesh?
how do you manage their litter?
in the last pix, there appears an opening in the roof. if this is correct, how do you protect against excess sunlight and rain?
i dont see a drinking trough in the cages, tho i see the plumb pipes for water supply.
whats the size of this pen and dimension?

i'm sorry to bore u with questions, i'm just an enthusiast.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Walexwal: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
taiwoliu:
2 question please:
1. how did you calculate the lay-rate of your birds?
2. how much eggs does a bird lay daily?
thanks.
1. Assuming u have like 200 birds and all r laying daily(which is not possible) u shd b expecting like 6 and half crates. But if u r seeing 3 crates daily that is like a little above 50%

2. it takes approximately 24hrs for a bird to complete an egg production sir.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.