Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963333 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nwaonyeocha: 12:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by otunbadan(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
alakara:

buy defeathering machine

employ people to process them in batches
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by otunbadan(m): 3:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
Danny777:
Pls,someone should help me; how do i defeather many birds and get them ready for freezing? thanks. pls,i will i appreciate ur response!

employ people to process them in batches . Process them on different days depending on your freezing capability. thats what i do.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by otunbadan(m): 3:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Danny777:
Pls,someone should help me; how do i defeather many birds and get them ready for freezing? thanks. pls,i will i appreciate ur response!

employ people to process them in batches . Process them on different days depending on your freezing capability. that is what i do.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetec15: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by chines4(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Do you have a farm? Let's start from there
Good question
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ownurlife(m): 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
Dear Great People. by Following this tread as really encouraged me alot. I have since ventured into the poultry biz as a first timer since last year. my birds are a little above 1000 abd are currently in there 22 weeks. I saw the first 2 eggs on January 17, 2017 and since then i have been seeing an average of 2 eggs till now making 2 weeks. However, I noticed that they are pecking each another about 7 days ago and i was the opnion to debeak them before they started laying in mass. My question is that

1. I hope it was not too late to debeak them when i did at 21 weeks.

2. Hope all is well seeing average of 2 eggs daily from a flock of 1100 birds at 22 weeks when in an actual fact that the first 2 eggs was seen when they were 20 weeks

Please i need your professional guide.

Please Note that the birds are inside cage

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=ownurlife post=53365907]Dear Great People. by Following this tread as really encouraged me alot. I have since ventured into the poultry biz as a first timer since last year. my birds are a little above 1000 abd are currently in there 22 weeks. I saw the first 2 eggs on January 17, 2017 and since then i have been seeing an average of 2 eggs till now making 2 weeks. However, I noticed that they are pecking each another about 7 days ago and i was the opnion to debeak them before they started laying in mass. My question is that

2. Hope all is well seeing average of 2 eggs daily from a flock of 1100 birds at 22 weeks when in an actual fact that the first 2 eggs was seen when they were 20 weeks

you must debeak them, but try to give them antibiotics and vitamins starting a day before the debeaking. But don't expect them to continue with their normal production, till after a month.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nbg4real: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2017
you must debeak them, but try to give them antibiotics and vitamins starting a day before the debeaking. But don't expect them to continue with their normal production, till after a month.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
Fellow Farmers please how do i dispose battery cage litters, its always wet & nobody wants to buy or carry them, i even dug a soakaway pit, yet it got filled up within a month and the ordor is nothing to write home about......pls help am stranded
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hayor2014(m): 10:02am On Feb 06, 2017
@chikach The plague of poultry farming is the litter, u should just ensure that as little water as possible is used for initial cleaning and ensure that the litter is bagged and then use water to wash off the gutter, litters should be bagged with the sacks for the feed..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TollyD: 10:03am On Feb 06, 2017
Mixing the bird feeds with larvicide (To Eliminate flies and reduce odor). You also dig about two pit about 4ft deep, don't cover it, use alternately (when one is full use the second one) to allow the dropping to dry. You can them excavate and spread the dried dropping

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2017
fordex3:
Call Aquabiz & Agric Enterprises on 08189164502 for your Fingerlings &
Juveniles,we sell day-old chicks,broilers-130 naira,pullets
(layers)-200 naira,hybrid turkey-1,700 naira,local turkey-600
naira,white cockrels-25 naira,black cockrels-100 naira,Noilers
- 100 naira,4 weeks broilers-550 naira,4 weeks cockrel-250
naira,point of lay -16 weeks-1,250 naira,old layers-1,300 naira,battery cages -120,000 to 150,000 naira,catfish
fingerlings -12 naira,catfish Juveniles -22 naira,Oven-dried
catfish (200 grams) -1 pack -1,200 naira,Mobile ponds
-120,000 naira,Fish-booster -1000 naira,Vitamin A fortified
yellow cassava stem-50 pieces-700 naira,1 bundle-1,500
naira,Herbicides,weedout,sprayers -8 litres and 16 litres also availablie.We provide transport and logistics for point of lays
and old layers,we are in Ibadan and supply anywhere in
Nigeria.

Do you sell eggs?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetec15: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
ownurlife:
Dear Great People. by Following this tread as really encouraged me alot. I have since ventured into the poultry biz as a first timer since last year. my birds are a little above 1000 abd are currently in there 22 weeks. I saw the first 2 eggs on January 17, 2017 and since then i have been seeing an average of 2 eggs till now making 2 weeks. However, I noticed that they are pecking each another about 7 days ago and i was the opnion to debeak them before they started laying in mass. My question is that

Please Note that the birds are inside cage

Thanks

You can debeak them, but give them vitamin and antibiotics like Neoceryl and never let feed finish in their feeders till they get used to it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thanks bro, i have heard of larvicide, but it is not currently avaliable in my state, Imo pls add me on whatsapp 08038912791 if you can buy it and waybill it for me thanks.

TollyD:
Mixing the bird feeds with larvicide (To Eliminate flies and reduce odor). You also dig about two pit about 4ft deep, don't cover it, use alternately (when one is full use the second one) to allow the dropping to dry. You can them excavate and spread the dried dropping
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2017
Bagging it is not the problem, but when it is bagged nobody wants to carry it bcoz its wet and has heavy ordor

hayor2014:
@chikach The plague of poultry farming is the litter, u should just ensure that as little water as possible is used for initial cleaning and ensure that the litter is bagged and then use water to wash off the gutter, litters should be bagged with the sacks for the feed..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Good PM,
Please I need urgent help as regards my broilers. They are 1 week +. They are 2 batches and kept separately (500 farm support and 200 FJC birds). I gave them the same feed and water mixture. So far I have lost about 50 birds from the FJC I can't really pinpoint the actual cause. Initially, I thought it was typhoid so I gave them typhoid care. Today, I got to the farm and met 8 dead. I am suspecting CRD cos thick mucus is seen in the mouth of the dead birds. Please I need good antibiotics suggestions for crd. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by makydebbie(f): 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by raphemmanuel(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Nacre1:
Good PM,
Please I need urgent help as regards my broilers. They are 1 week +. They are 2 batches and kept separately (500 farm support and 200 FJC birds). I gave them the same feed and water mixture. So far I have lost about 50 birds from the FJC I can't really pinpoint the actual cause. Initially, I thought it was typhoid so I gave them typhoid care. Today, I got to the farm and met 8 dead. I am suspecting CRD cos thick mucus is seen in the mouth of the dead birds. Please I need good antibiotics suggestions for crd. Thanks
give them terracycline or megadox for antibiotics and tyfural for CRD
These drugs I mentioned are very effective

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
[quote author=makydebbie post=53475147][/quote]
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by makydebbie(f): 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
Chikach:
Fellow Farmers please how do i dispose battery cage litters, its always wet & nobody wants to buy or carry them, i even dug a soakaway pit, yet it got filled up within a month and the ordor is nothing to write home about......pls help am stranded

Mix d feeds with Orego-Stim powder. It will reduce the wetness of the litters with more than 50%.

It's 100% natural, and its primary usage is to tackle the microbes that affect the gastrointestinal tract of livestock animals, diaby enhancing performance and boosting productivity.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2017
Chikach:

please where is your location? I have sombody looking fot trailers of deep litter waste in Owode, Ogun state
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 5:37am On Feb 07, 2017
Chikach:

Use the litters to generate gas for cooking and for electricity. Its a raw material on its own, I bet it won't be sufficient to use by the time you get started and also sell the waste material to farmers as manure.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 5:40am On Feb 07, 2017
Chikach:
Bagging it is not the problem, but when it is bagged nobody wants to carry it bcoz its wet and has heavy ordor

You don't need anybody to carry it, infact it won't be enough for your use by the time you start using it to generate electricity in your farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 5:42am On Feb 07, 2017
bosaty2003:

please where is your location? I have sombody looking fot trailers of deep litter waste in Owode, Ogun state

Guess this person knows what am talking about.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adetec15: 1:54pm On Feb 07, 2017
Pls what formula can I be using for my laying turkeys in 500kg pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
Chikach:
I have my farm too I dug a big hole 12 feet down and 8 feet long so if you can do it it will take years to full and besides it will decay along the line ok. Thanks,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kripen(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
Pls watery whitish poo is a sign of what in broiler. If I am to go about it what should I do?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
kripen:
Pls watery whitish poo is a sign of what in broiler. If I am to go about it what should I do?

Coccidiosis. Very dangerous and contagious. Treat immediately.

Try Amprolium.

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.