Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (959285 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
kayelm87:
@ Op why don't u start with point of lay instead of breeding them from chick. am also a starter pls how much is the cost for keeping 1000 birds
Budget roughly N800 per bird, though mine was slightly higher. And pls, make sure their house is well ventilated. The dwarf walls should not be too high, 30cm is ok. Don't build it as an attachment to a fence. I'm just telling u some mistakes that cost me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
jamp:
@pet01 I changed to animal care sometime ago and the production dropped drastically. but when I went back to top feed d production rose again. I dont want to try animal care again, I want cheaper feed and same quality with top feed. am thinking of supreme feed.
Did you change feed suddenly?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
FarmTech:

That's about 78% laying. How old are they?

they are a year plus 3months
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
FarmTech:

Did you change feed suddenly?

I changed within one week
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by walex084(m): 6:08am On Nov 14, 2014
Pls help me out I noticed blindness in 3 of my cockrels and i also noticed that some of ghe birds are weak,unhealthy and very light in weight they are 11wks old.pls what's the cause and how can it be prevented before it spreads round to the other birds ..they are 150 in all.my.this is my first time of experiencing such.thanks in anticipation
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Trueigbo:

they are a year plus 3months
That's about 15 months old. If they started laying at 5 months, they've been laying for 10 months now. Generally, they normally lay for 52 weeks before they're sold. That's about 12 months and. So you're birds are nearing the end of their laying period. Egg production normally drop during this period. If you're not making enough profit, consider selling them.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
walex084:
Pls help me out I noticed blindness in 3 of my cockrels and i also noticed that some of ghe birds are weak,unhealthy and very light in weight they are 11wks old.pls what's the cause and how can it be prevented before it spreads round to the other birds ..they are 150 in all.my.this is my first time of experiencing such.thanks in anticipation
Blindness as in how? Something like boils covered their eyes?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
jamp:

I changed within one week
Some literatures will say 2 weeks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Trueigbo:
hello huz, I hv 1300 birds in cages n they lay 34 crates daily.are they doing well considering I give them 6bags daily. is d 6bags too small
. Depending on the age of your birds, 78% daily laying rate may be considered acceptable. However, 1300 layers need 6.5 bags of 25kg feeds/per. That means your birds are being underfed.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
walex084:
. What is the colour of the feacal matters of the weak ones? As for those you said are "blind", can you explain better? Is the blindness affecting the 2 eyes?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bintudon(f): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
Where can I get eggs in bulk, from north
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Agathabishen(f): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
I have read about the importance of GNLD supergro to birds how true is it?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by HENRIETTAPOWER(f): 7:59am On Nov 15, 2014
10 weeks old boiler for sale at a give away price. Weight 2kg- 2.5kg. Location Sango-ota. contact no 08132152401.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adedam007(m): 11:26am On Nov 15, 2014
Pls who can give me d price of thermometer,measuring scale,feeders and drinkers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
adedam007:
Pls who can give me d price of thermometer,measuring scale,feeders and drinkers.
Mercury thermometer goes for about N200 or less. Measuring scale: I bought mine 2500, they type with pan on top. Feeders: I can't remember. Drinkers: the biggest type is about 450.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adedam007(m): 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
FarmTech:

Mercury thermometer goes for about N200 or less. Measuring scale: I bought mine 2500, they type with pan on top. Feeders: I can't remember. Drinkers: the biggest type is about 450.
Waow!!!200 naira.which one is the best for poultry farming btw mercury and clinical thermometer?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samshoz(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
FarmTech:

Budget roughly N800 per bird, though mine was slightly higher. And pls, make sure their house is well ventilated. The dwarf walls should not be too high, 30cm is ok. Don't build it as an attachment to a fence. I'm just telling u some mistakes that cost me a lot.
Oga Henry, cost to raise Cockerel and Broiler per bird?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by major911(m): 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
fnk:
@Bb life, I thought I have sent the docs to you as I have done to everyone that have asked. I have just emailed it to you now, please confirm.
How could you have offended me, I wish everyone the best of luck, including you my friend.
i hope am not too late, i wont mind D doc too at akintayoridwan1@gmail.com tanks in advance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Toks12345(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Let me help in contributing my own small quota in your intending poultry farm business. I have egg laying enhancing supplement which does the following: "1.Promote ovulation,Increase the egg laying frequency ,Improve the quality of laid eggs by reducing the rate of malformed eggs ,and cholesterol content in the egg. 2.Contain effective Chinese Herbs, various vitamins, and other trace elements
to promote the growth and health of egg-laying livestock,enhance immunity and promote stress free and disease free environment of the egg-laying livestock as well.
"
I also have that of poultry meat fattening and growth supplement. if you are interested, contact me via: passtotoks@yahoo.com
All at a very small price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Toks12345(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Egg Laying enhancing Supplement

1.Promote ovulation,Increase the egg laying frequency ,Improve the quality of laid eggs by reducing the rate of malformed eggs ,and cholesterol content in the egg. 2.Contain effective Chinese Herbs, various vitamins, and other trace elements
to promote the growth and health of egg-laying livestock,enhance immunity and promote stress free and disease free environment of the egg-laying livestock as well.

Interested? call 07035668038

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
adedam007:

Waow!!!200 naira.which one is the best for poultry farming btw mercury and clinical thermometer?
mercury bulb thermometer is ok, no fuss.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
samshoz:
Oga Henry, cost to raise Cockerel and Broiler per bird?
I don't know about those, the data I have I can't recall off heart. Search this forum and you'll get it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2014
major911:
i hope am not too late, i wont mind D doc too at akintayoridwan1@gmail.com tanks in advance
Done.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by REUBEN010(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hello house. Pls i need info on a reputable hatchery that sells hatchable eggs for broilers and pullets. Preferably in ibadan
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bamiwale: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Agric is the new goldmine.

Do you need land for farming around Ibadan?
Call me on 07032179911

Or follow this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1980407/acres-farmland-available-sale-ibadan#27703172

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 9:52am On Nov 22, 2014
I have about 200 broilers they r 10wks old now and not well grown. They consume 175kg per. Week. How can I boost their immune system n growth. Whithin 3wks.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by REUBEN010(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Broilers for sale within UYO and environs. Contact 08189461144 if interested.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pet01(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2014
House I've red about those that determines the percentage of eggs layed by there birds as per the number of birds they have. NO IT IS NOT. A bird lay 2 eggs in 3 days, giving you an average ratio 0.75 per day as minimum. So multiply the number of birds you have by 0.75 then you get an expected MINIMUM production of eggs per day.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
pet01:
House I've red about those that determines the percentage of eggs layed by there birds as per the number of birds they have. NO IT IS NOT. A bird lay 2 eggs in 3 days, giving you an average ratio 0.75 per day as minimum. So multiply the number of birds you have by 0.75 then you get an expected MINIMUM production of eggs per day.
If you calculate it that way, how do you account for variation in egg number as they age? Read professional books and you'll find out they use percentage of birds for it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Percentage of bird in what
sense,pls explain better
FarmTech:

If you calculate it that way, how do you account for variation in egg number as they age? Read professional books and you'll find out they use percentage of birds for it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
Perpetual459:
Percentage of bird in what
sense,pls explain better
As in 89% of birds are laying.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Perpetual459: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
FarmTech:

As in 89% of birds are laying.
kk

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.