Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists (15778 Views)

Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng / Amaechi/ribadu 2015. Vs Goodluck/sambo 2015 / Goodluck-sambo Bag Of Rice: Pdp Will Not Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ziccoit: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2011
If you thought this was never real you must be thinking with your muscle while you left your brain behind.

Read the full story;

President Goodluck Jonathan's campaign managers today assembled media editors at the Sheraton Hotels, Abuja and doled out N200,000 each in N500 denominations; a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a pack of lapels.

The largesse was doled out to the editors from room 804 of the hotel at about 2pm today, 6th April 2011.
A source told us that the campaign managers appealed to the editors to try as much as they
could to swat public opinion in favour of the worried president whose popularity is waning for his lack of vision and focus.

According to the source, the editors were enjoined to ensure their reporting was slanted so that PDP victory would be justified even if the process is questionable and fraudulent.
The elated editors filed out from the hotel all beaming and clutching to their loot. It was learnt that the the result from the aborted National Assembly election of 2nd April
2011 with poor showing of the PDP in most states is giving the president and his campaign
managers serious headache. They have therefore decided to deploy millions of naira to buy the media and other institutions
including the police, the intelligence community and the armed forces.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Chubhie: 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2011
I have never had faith in nigerian newpapers. Dem are all doin business.itz nothing personal.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Sagamite(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
Beaf:

Sharap! angry
Dunce! angry

Sahara Reporters is a fools paradise, best known for fake news. embarassed

[size=14pt]The fake pic below too is courtesy Sahara Reporters[/size]. Shame. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2

What is fake about the picture? grin

Explain.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by MeGaStReEt: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2011
The money inside that envelope is more than 200k
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by JimmyBoy1: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2011
I will not add my personal opinion to this, but I am enjoying it anyway.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Sagamite(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
fried-rice:

@beaf, the picture was a panoramic shot turned still image.

With over $75 Billion embezzled in the last 7 moths, what do you expect from PDP.

it wasn't just the News men, the looted goodwill was also shared amongst the make up opposition parties
to concede defeat quick and accept rigged polls.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16267:jonathan-meets-30-parties-excludes-acn-cpc-anpp&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Stop chatting shyt!

$75bn? Where the hell will you get $75bn to steal in Nigeria?

Utter rubbish!

Use your brain in thinking when you want to lie, not your arse.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by OWOLAYEMO: 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is very disturbing but then we still need unbiased confirmation of the story. It is fool-hearty to expect that vote/conscience selling will end overnight in Nigeria. I pray that this market market continue to thrive until resolution catch up with them.

Whilst they are all  selling; i enjoined them to read through below article  and wish all the traders profitable ventures;

As the general elections draw closer, politicians are getting desperate to get more people to cast their votes in their favour.Last week, I witnessed an amazing drama unfold as a politician tried frantically to convince my neighbour to cast his vote for a party. When the politician realized that his effort was getting him nowhere, he decided to use the power in his pocket. He brought out a bundle of N200 notes and dangled it in my neighbour’s face, basically the way you would dangle some bait to an animal you are trying to catch. “How much is your vote?” he asked, with a deceptive smile on his face. My neighbour hesitated for a moment, and then he grabbed a piece of paper and began to scribble down something. When he finished writing, he handed the piece of paper to the politician saying, “This is the value of my vote.” The politician went through the paper briefly and then squeezed and threw it away, in my direction. He hurried away, saying that my neighbour wasn’t being rational. My neighbour, realizing I was watching, picked up the paper and said, waving the paper at me, “Am I being irrational?” I collected the paper and took a quickly look at it. He had written on the paper the breakdown of his family’s expenses, which the government (according to him) had so far failed to provide or make available for its citizens. He then multiplied everything by four (4) years. Something like this: 

Security                       -          N20,000 per month x 12 months x 4 years      = N960,000

Generator                     -         N40,000 per 2 years x 2 = N80,000

Fuel for generator          -         N1,000 per day x 365 days x 4 years = N1,460,000

Potable water                -         N500 per day x 365 days x 4 years = N730,000

Healthcare Insurance     -         N10,000 per month x 12 months x 4 years =  N480,000

Education                     -         N5,000 per month x 12 months x 4 years = N240,000 

Housing                        -         N500,000 per year x 4 years = N2,000,000

Total                           -           N5,950,000 (five million nine hundred and fifty thousand naira).

Well,” he explained as I continued to stare at his breakdown, “if asking for the basic necessities of life is not being rational, I wonder what is rational?” I wasn’t trying to be difficult,” he continued. “I believe this is a modest breakdown of expenses considering I have a wife and a kid. If you have a larger family, the value of your vote may be much higher than this,” he concluded.

So, my dear friend, if you want to sell your vote, I won’t say “don’t.” But, be like my neighbour. Make sure it is “worth its weight in gold.” Wish Nigeria the Best of Leaders Through a Free and Fair Election.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ndu1988: 1:06pm On Apr 07, 2011
These are baseless and frivolous comments against our president Goodluck, please we should not be making spurious allegations on the person Gej because he is the most unblemish presidential contestant. Vote Gooooooooooooooooodluck for change. He is a catalyst for change other are just political jobbers that needed compensation after the whole drama they are into because nobody can upstage Gej not even Buhari or whatever nomenclature he represents. Buhari is a bigot.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo vs Xtrmist = apocalypse.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by boneyone(m): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2011
Its quite funny we are raising dust over this, i believe i saw a slogan where a prominent guy said "collect their money but follow your hearts" why are people castigating these guys. they are underpaid and someone gives them a greek gift, if PDP is spending from their personal pockets all well and good its 'their money' after all american politics also have lobbyists and cash exchange hands for congress and executive votes!!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by 10cirenoh: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is the highest desperation by PDP ever!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by bidemi12(m): 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2011
as much as Reetardeen disgusts me, i cannot take those pictures as evidence. This is typical of Nigeria and Nigerians. Since everything is in decay and our judicial system does not function we are left with insinuations and accusations with nothing to back it up with. God punish GEJ and PDP for what they have turned this country into.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ndu1988: 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvote gooooooodluck come April 16 2011 for continuity.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by sandokaa: 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
Most Naija journalists are cheap, greedy and conscience-less. Just check out the reports they dish out on the 2011 elections. And to think that they are the same people behind BON/NEDG stuff. Nigerians can now see why the other aspirants boycotted the debate. Even, political platform on Raypower and Focus Nigeria on AIT are beginning to sound like government apologists. Enedu Aniagu of political platform lost my respect totally when he justified the  rough-handling of Apanudoedehe, the ACN gubernatorial candidate in Akwa Ibom by the police. Same for Aruleba, who engaged the candidate's lawyer in a manner that suggested a compromise, a few weeks back. Shame, shame, shame. It appears all institutions for checks and balances have compromised!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by jmaine: 1:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
SHITTY SAHARA REPORTERS . .  YOU JUST SHOW US A BAG WITH SOME CASH AND A GALAXY TAB AND PRO BB GUYZ ARE AT IT AGAIN. EXAGGERATING ANY FICKLE NEWS THAT TICKLES THEIR FANCY. . SANITY DEMANDS THAT THEY AT LEAST SHOW US MULTIPLE PROOFS OF SIMILAR PACKAGE.

OR ARE WE INSINUATING THAT OUR JOURNALIST ARE TOO POOR TO OWN A GALAXY TAB WITH SOME CASH IN IT AND WHO KEEPS HIS CASH IN THE OPEN  JUST LIKE THAT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO SNAP IF NOT THE GENUINE OWNER OF THE BAG . . CAN'T SAHARA REPORTERS REST FOR A WHILE . I TIRE FOR THEM OOO!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by bidemi12(m): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2011
ndu1988:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvote gooooooodluck come April 16 2011 for continuity.

I agree. . . . .Let's continue the decay. Yeah vote GEJ to continue the ROT.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Wadeoye(m): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2011
Is anybody surprised. What you have seen is a child play compared to the money they are spending to bribe Emirs in the north, Obas in the SW, AD in SW, etc.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by badesco(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2011
@bintus2much. those images you pasted are fake. i cannot see any
money in there at all. May God forgive u. As for sahara reporters, they
are know for their sensational/junk and mischievousjournalism.
They are grand master fakers. so dont believe what they say but what you saw.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
transport fare episode 2
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by samtoye(m): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
Even if the evidences were as clear as the daylight some adamant people would still deny it, you can't really blame them for their forefathers also sold out their kinsmen to the slave traders for a box of matches!!!! When SNG cried foul initially they said Tunde Bakare was a liar, now they deny again. WHatever you do now, your children's children shall ask what part you played!!!!! The funny thing is that half of the youth campaigning for GEJ on Nairaland had once complained of the injustice in Nigeria but now they have sold their soul to the devil!!!! I mourn for my people if you let these men with ill gotten wealth continue their reign of oppression!!!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Pataki: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2011
Some Nigerians and their fetid thinking.

When GEJ was giving out $50,000 US to Save Nigeria Group for transport where were y'all?

When GEJ and his wife were dishing out rice, where were y'all?

When GEJ was giving each participant of the Northern Islamic Council $7,000 US where were y'all?

When GEJ was dishing out raw dollars for the PDP primary elections, where were y'all?

The recent Nigerians that died when a PDP governor in Nigeria was throwing out money, where were y'all?

Now, Saharareporters presented pictures, and venue as to where this money sharing was done, y'all are saying it is not true?

Are we ever going to be honest in this country again
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2011
He's from a region that believe in wasting wealth. . .oyel money
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by yomijnr(m): 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2011
samtoye:

Even if the evidences were as clear as the daylight some adamant people would still deny it, you can't really blame them for their forefathers also sold out their kinsmen to the slave traders for a box of matches!!!! When SNG cried foul initially they said Tunde Bakare was a liar, now they deny again. WHatever you do now, your children's children shall ask what part you played!!!!! The funny thing is that half of the youth campaigning for GEJ on Nairaland had once complained of the injustice in Nigeria but now they have sold their soul to the devil!!!! I mourn for my people if you let these men with ill gotten wealth continue their reign of oppression!!!

Now you're just being silly.  If i remember rightly, Tunde Bakare came out and said he wasn't offered any bribe by Jonathan's men after the news broke out, but of course you conveniently chose to forget that part.  Well, the election is not going to be won on nairaland.  Majority of the voters aren't even on nairaland, so all these propaganda against each candidate are just a waste of time
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by stildude(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
Silly story and desperation of the anti GEJ of the highest order. There is no limit to how low these guys are willing to go in their campaign to smear the reputation of the president. All I needed to see was the caftan hand of the Aboki or CPC man holding the so called largess and it was clear to me what this is all about and who are behind all these. The Buhari's Taliban!
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by JimmyBoy1: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
Maybe I should comment afterall, I am an ardent  BB supporter, I know that the PDP is the most corrupt outfit in Nigeria, I know that Nigerian Journalists take envelopes to peddle stories and they also blackmail you into paying them whenever  they come accross an ugly story about you. However, I do not take these pictures seriuosly, anybody can  replicate  the scene and post it on NL.

Nonetheless, I am having fun right now because I saw several GEJ boys scampering for safety in a bid to refute the story, but this has been their stock-in-trade all the while. They just post stories refering to one article in one newspaper about Buhari's  tenure in 83-85. These stories are often fabricated and there is usually no way to refute them cos we did nto have internet in 83-85 and many of us Nairalanders were mere boys then.

But, I think we should stop this  type of politics, let us only use verifiable facts to prove our points. If I finger PDP for our failed infrastructure nobody can refute  that, the best I have heard is that they are voting for the MAN and not the PARTY. My response to this line of defense is "I LAUGH" grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Ayoobscom(m): 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
I HAVE SAID IT, and will still say it again

that:

If my dog should vote for PDP i will sterve the deaf dog to death

This is just minor compare to those we will never find out
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2011
Why are the Journalists not coming out to refute this grave allegation? If they do not give a good response to this, then they should never insult another Nigerian Policeman, when the Kidnapped Journalists saga came i asked what they were doing with money from Apakpio, no body answered me, now we know, those fingers they point are dirty fingers
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by ideylaff: 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
If my dog should vote for PDP i will sterve the deaf dog to death

@ Ayoobscom we have animal lovers on here oooo make we no report you for Animal Abuse ooo,  buy your are oky
sha 2 compare PDP 2 animals,  in human skin,
smiley wink
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by debosky(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2011
While I'm highly sceptical of SH's reportage, it is very worrying indeed to see these types of allegations emerging.

If any of the people allegedly paid off could come out and declare this, or produce a recording of the goings on, then it would give credibility to this report.

What is clear is that the government of the day is getting more desperate by the day and will do anything to win - they've freed accused murderers about to be tried, they have allowed governors to subvert their legislatures and looked the other way, they have spent excessively and are attempting to use the security forces to intimidate opposition parties.

For these reasons amongst others, citizens must rally up and defeat the evil called PDP.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by agabaI23(m): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2011
Whoever did this if true is guilty of bribery and should be charged to court.
They should reveal who doled out the money and who he is working for.

The Editors should be around to defend themselves or go in for it.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by Excllncy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2011
Sahara Reporters or Terrorists Supporters, we know what they are capable of doing. Nigeria will never be a haven for Boko Haram, God forbid. Let Buhari tell us what he is capable of doing for Nigeria with his level of literacy, and not to contract terrorist groups to mislead Nigerians with false pictures and lies. This is not a way of campaigning, not at all.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by agabaI23(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2011
stildude:

Silly story and desperation of the anti GEJ of the highest order. There is no limit to how low these guys are willing to go in their campaign to smear the reputation of the president. All I needed to see was the caftan hand of the Aboki or CPC man holding the so called largess and it was clear to me what this is all about and who are behind all these. The Buhari's Taliban!
You do not call this silly because it actually brings out what goes on behind. what we want is that the whistle blower should do us a favour and make the allegation clearer. Give a better evidence so that whoever is involved will be brought to book even if it is GEJ campaign manager.
Re: Goodluck/ Sambo transformation package for Journalists by yomijnr(m): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
aisha2:

Why are the Journalists not coming out to refute this grave allegation? If they do not give a good response to this, then they should never insult another Nigerian Policeman, when the Kidnapped Journalists saga came i asked what they were doing with money from Apakpio, no body answered me, now we know, those fingers they point are dirty fingers

Maybe if sahara reporters had named the journalists they claimed received the bribem then they would actually come out to refute the story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Deputy Governor Urges Christian Clerics To Stop Spreading Rumours / APC Moves To Change Mode Of Primaries For Kogi State Guber Poll / Cultists Attack Ogun APC Campaign, Kill Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.