Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (15346 Views)

Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Moves: 11:10am On Apr 08, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Nobody said BB is infallible, Obama makes mistakes regularly just like any other human being, but you must have acted in good faith and the action ought not to  swell your wallet or that of your party members. Innocent mistakes are allowable.

But thieves can not enjoy such grace, I have heard several PDP cheiftains saying openly on TV that they stole or rigged but nobody touched them.

1. In Oyo state, Late Adedibu  said on TV that he impeached former Gov. Ladoja becuase he does not share the sate security vote with him.
2. When Joshua Dariye was arrested, he categorically stated that the money(N500m) was the money contributed as requested by the Party.
3. Uba said openely that they rigged Anambra elections, did anybody raised a finger against him?

So how can any sane person ask this party to continue to be at the center?

I am on my knees begging you guys, even if you dont like BB vote for any other person but not PDP

@ Jimmyboy what people are saying is that you BB fan's especially kobo, on this issue is trying to justify the unjustifyable, Buhari was wrong in cancelling the project and his excuse almost 30years too late is not tenable. No need to revisted history, He should have just apologised to lagosians and that would have been better, not so different from IBB saying he cancelled June 12 in national interest. Also I would not vote PDP but neither CPC, ACN all the way.

@Kobo; during recession like you said projects are still carried out; but given priority based on their importance, The UK even with cuts brought some important infrastructure projects forward; Same thing is being done in Ireland, they are bringing the metro North project to start 3 years early, this is a country just being bailout out earlier in the year. Jakande had the vision to see the importance and believed in it and its benefit whilst Buhari was shortsighted (Although other Ulterior motives have been suggested) hence he cancelled the project, The Interview by Jakande is on page 2 or 3.Pls read it.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by chamber2(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday took the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari to task over the latter’s reason for cancelling the Lagos Metro Line project 27 years ago when he was Head of State.

President Jonathan asked Buhari to “come clean” on the real reasons for cancelling the project as Nigeria forfeited a whopping $60 million, which was part of the loan that had been paid by the Alhaji Lateef Jakande administration before Buhari toppled the civilian government in December 1983.

Jonathan, who spoke through the Media and Publicity Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) in a statement issued yesterday, said Buhari was economical with the truth about the cancellation of the contract and only gave “a specious political excuse” for dumping the project.

The CPC candidate had while speaking to his political associates in Lagos on Wednesday said the project was cancelled because his government did not want to take more loans nor devalue the naira.
His explanation was, however, a repudiation of that earlier offered by his spokesperson, Mr Yinka Odumakin, who said Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the military governor of the state at the time, the late Gbolahan Mudashiru, who unilaterally cancelled the contract.

“Sadly though, Buhari is all too economical with the facts. His spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin (said) a few weeks ago that Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the late Gbolahan Mudashiru who unilaterally cancelled the contract. But, Buhari has categorically repudiated Mr. Odumakin’s poorly concocted lies.

“But was Gen. Buhari himself telling the whole truth? The facts seem to point at a culture of lying at the CPC. Why would Odumakin lie against the dead? Was Buhari unaware of the huge penalty clause in the contract? So wherein stands his fib about avoiding loans? “We are appalled by this singular act that has compounded the traffic problems of Lagos, the seat of Nigeria’s economy. Gen Buhari needs to rehash a better tale.”

The PCC added that Buhari was just trying to score cheap political points and was being clever-by-half when he said the project was terminated because of financing issues. It also accused the CPC candidate of contempt for the people of Lagos, wondering why he just found his voice to speak on the issue almost 30 years after the contract was terminated. “Firstly, the project, which was initiated by the administration of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, was going on smoothly and on schedule before the coup-d’état by General Buhari. The project would no doubt have been completed on time if not for General Buhari’s coup and the transportation nightmare Lagosians face today would not have existed.

“T[b]he visionary Jakande administration had concluded all the plans to finance the project, putting everything in place for its successful execution. The government had secured a $450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years. At the time the project was cancelled the government had paid part of the loan and therefore had no worry about financing the project.[/b]

“What Buhari failed to tell his Lagos audience was that with the short-sighted termination of the project, Nigeria forfeited a whopping $60 million, part of the loan that had been paid by the previous government. Buhari took that decision arbitrarily in spite of being warned of the consequences,” the statement added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/08/national-08-04-2011-003.htm
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 11:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Mucokey:

Pls 4 crying out loud, if actually Lagos states knew it's going to pay 60% of the money if it opted out of the deal n after seeking the federal government assistance n approval, The right n ideal thing to ve done, is it not to ve sourced the fund n develop this domain if the only thing the federal govt was to serve was a surety for the said loan

Tell them
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by sammhi(m): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2011
No doubt, it was a mistake by Buhari. but other Yoruba people were there to advance the course of lagos. e.g the governor, Gbolahan Mudashiru , Buhari's deputy Idiagbon.
But more importantly, what have PDP in the last 12 years done to lagos other than to withold lagos fund of 20bn? failed to carry out repairs of lagos federall roads, and even the lagos ibadan expressway.
Buhari 's past errors could be traced to overzealousness but PDP is due to negligence, slfihness and profligacy.
Biuhari is far better than any PDP . GEJ would have been too good if he was in another party say ACN .
unfortunately  he is o the party of thieves, rascals and prodigals sons. i wonde if they allow him to perform. thatis our fear.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by myk2mic: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2011
obongtunji:

Buhari is a fanatic who is coverin up his evil deeds. How wil a man kickd against democracy & 2day he want democracy 2 embrace him. If dat metro project was 2 b in kano, he would hav signd it immediately.Let him xplain why PTDF project is everywhere in d north&no state in d South kan point @ wat they did. Afta watchin d NN24 presidential debate i fell in luv wit mallam Shekarau, dat man has vision&mission, he is nt a fanatic,a question was askd abt Hisbah(Islamic Police)& he anwserd convincly,satisfactorly&truthfuly. He has my vote,pls nairalandas he need your vote.Shekarau is wat we need in dis country,blieve me he kan deliver. Vote ANPP.

bros if u have nothin better to tell us than for us to vote for ANPP, den find something else to do, have u been to kano state, if he was that good, then how come nobody mentioned him before now, he comes up blowing sweet words and u fall for him, pls go and check kano, then convince us on y we shld vote for him,  angry
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Johns83: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2011
Guys comparative analysis does not justify anything. Its just one of the tools utilized by seasoned liars and hypocrites.
We need new and fresh blood in this country. Buhari is soooo far from the solution. His got his hands stained in so many failed administrations including his own personal one. Inface, Mohammed Abacha, a confirmed killer, thief and culprit now funds his campaign.

Why you should run away from buhari:

http://www.therealbuhari.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by chamber2(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2011
No doubt, it was a mistake by Buhari. but other Yoruba people were there to advance the course of lagos. e.g the governor, Gbolahan Mudashiru , Buhari's deputy Idiagbon.

Buhari was a despot and wouldn't have listen to anyone
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by AlabaSlim: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2011
do unto odas wat u want 2 b dn 2 u.
wat goes around comes around.
wat goes up mus cm dw.
4 mi i dn't hav enitin against BAKARE Cos my bible say touch not my anointed & do my profet no harm
but dis JIHADIST tinkin he was GOD in FLESH den terminated a democratic rigim & he is nw cryin & beggin 4 dat sam democratic seat he 1ce terminated
ahahahah
i no wori SHA cos hin go cry lyk ESAU or SAMSON & nobodi do or ans ram
Abeg i nid FRESH AIR
SAI GEJ
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2011
Johns83:

Guys comparative analysis does not justify anything. Its just one of the tools utilized by seasoned liars and hypocrites.
We need new and fresh blood in this country. Buhari is soooo far from the solution. His got his hands stained in so many failed administrations including his own personal one. Inface, Mohammed Abacha, a confirmed killer, thief and culprit now funds his campaign.

Why you should run away from buhari:

http://www.therealbuhari.

My brother, by your pseudoname I know you were born in 1983, so can not really have any independent opinion about the man called buhari, except what you read from newspaper from journalist that have collected brown envelopes to pdelle lies.

The list sent by CPC to INEC does not have abacha's name  on it and the matter was even taken to court. Parties are all mixed crowds, but it is the leadership of the parties that determines  the direction which they head.We call it "Tone at the Top" A buhari presidency will not have Godfathers, because he formed the party.  A ribadu's presidency will be steered by Tinubu. A GEJ presidence will be steered by OBJ, IBB, Bode Gearge, Ciroma,  Anenih. we al know the implication of this.

BB is the best option out of the three, however if you want genuine freshness, I 'll recommend Pat Utomi or Pastor Okotie.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Johns83: 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
We are just looking for problems for ourselves in this Nigeria. God has helped us soo much, no earthqukes, no tsunami's no hurricanes, no flooding, but we are out own worst enemies.
Why didn't you all vote for Buhari, in 2003, and 2007 and now you want to vote for him. Because you were too young and your parents knew the right thing considering all the atrocities he committed in the past.
He harassed the people we call our sage now. He imprisoned Fela just because he sings praises against the government and it was only after Babangida seized power that he was released. He ransacked the house of Obafemi Awolowo seized his passport and made life a living hell for him until the poor man died, why do you think all the people in the North like him, because he was favourable to them and ignored the south.

He cancelled the Lagos Metroline Project, they just couldnt believe that lagos would be the Pride of Nigeria and even africa. Why do you think the Abuja move was initiated. It is the same metroline project that Fashola is trying to revive now. Do you want that to be stopped again.

He toppled democracy. Do you think Human beings just change overnight. If he did it then, why would he now want to get into government now in a democratic dispensaiton? Because that is the only way he can attain power now.

Why do you think he chose bakara as his running mate, a pastor, because he wants to appease to you southerners and christians who think or know he is biased. Please can't we just see under the curtain. it is too obvious. He is obviously just trying to fulfill his life ambitions by getting back at Obasanjo, IBB and the likes. Why is IBB supporting Ribadu today. What plan would a 70 year old man have for Nigeria, a man who has been in retirement for 25 years. Do you think its because he wants a better Nigeria that he might not enjoy for more than 10 or 20 years as the lord wishes? We need to understand that all these people have their personal greviances in the past and the quest for power would just make them fulfill their past vengeances.

VOTE WISELY NIGERIA. it is up to you.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JAZES(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
Sometimes i wonder what the noise about Buhari?
Someone who commit so many blunders when he was young and vibrant, i wonder how he will get it right when he is now close to the grave.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by megastu(m): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2011
If what was done to those cocaine pushers had continued and even extended to kidnappers, what we are facing now would have not been the case.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by AlabaSlim: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
Dere are diffs btw An Annointed &
an appointed.
GEJ IS D ANNOINTED OF GOD EVEN SATAN KNOWS.
JIHADIST OSAMA BINHARI IS APPOINTED OF ALMAGIRIS EVEN SIGNED & SEALED SATAN HIMSEF
SAI GEJ D ANNOINTED
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by AlabaSlim: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
Dere are diffs btw An Annointed &
an appointed.
GEJ IS D ANNOINTED OF GOD EVEN SATAN KNOWS.
JIHADIST OSAMA BINHARI IS APPOINTED OF ALMAGIRIS EVEN SIGNED & SEALED SATAN HIMSEF
SAI GEJ D ANNOINTED
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
Johns83:

Why do you think he chose bakara as his running mate, a pastor, because he wants to appease to you southerners and christians who think or know he is biased. Please can't we just see under the curtain. it is too obvious. He is obviously just trying to fulfill his life ambitions by getting back at Obasanjo, IBB and the likes. Why is IBB supporting Ribadu today. What plan would a 70 year old man have for Nigeria, a man who has been in retirement for 25 years. Do you think its because he wants a better Nigeria that he might not enjoy for more than 10 or 20 years as the lord wishes? We need to understand that all these people have their personal greviances in the past and the quest for power would just make them fulfill their past vengeances.

VOTE WISELY NIGERIA. it is up to you.

The same way tyrant Buhari got vengeance on Umaru Dikko seeking to put him in a crate and bring to Nigeria from the UK when he could have sought his extradition properly if he had a genuine case against him.

Jimmy Boy:

The list sent by CPC to INEC does not have abacha's name  on it and the matter was even taken to court. .

Yet they were together at the Kano campaign for Buhari    
Abeg spin us another lie please.

Parties are all mixed crowds, but it is the leadership of the parties that determines  the direction which they head.We call it "Tone at the Top" A buhari presidency will not have Godfathers, because he formed the party.  A ribadu's presidency will be steered by Tinubu. A GEJ presidence will be steered by OBJ, IBB, Bode Gearge, Ciroma,  Anenih. we al know the implication of this.

the same way most people including my humble self thought Obasanjo would be controlled by IBB and his northern sponsors after the 1999 elections. OBJ proved that he can be his own man. GEJ can also do the same.
Meanwhile he has nothing with Ciroma's NPLF hence they are still trying to do a northern consensus with Buhari.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is a pretender who has not repented bigotry. He said he will probe government spending since 1999. The question is why from 1999? Why not from August 1985?
Why won't he probe IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalam? Oh, I forgot he said Abacha never stole money.

Thanks x-factoria.
Where are the supporters of Mr. Integrity and anti-corruption when they are most needed   
I am sure they are seriously finding some spin to respond to these obvious lopsided, ethnic posture of Buhari's probe. Let's hope it will not be as lame and silly as their leader's reason for cancelling the Lagos metro project.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by PMSOLUTION: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
Gents/ladies,
For the sake of Nigeria, lets leave personalities out of our voting pattern: lets just tell the ruling elites we are not fools ad we can always vote them out! lets vote PDP OUT!

Perchance that will keep the next party(or fool) to come into power on the edge that the electorates are not fools!
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Johns83: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
We need to vote pdp out but we also need to vote selfish rogues like buhari out. Meanwhile I dont understand this notion that Tinubu is ACN's godfather. If tinubu is at all a godfather, then I like his kind of Godfatherism that brings the changes that have not been possible in lagos in 60 yrs in just four years.

I like that kind of God fatherism that makes things work. I like that kind of Godfatherism that takes Osun back from the pdp thieves and puts an aregbesola that launches an Oyes empowerment scheme within 60days in office.

Anyways on a serious note, Fashola, I believe is not influenced by anybody. Naive as it may sound, its true. Fashola is doing things that tinubu did not do in lagos. He's breaking territories. Making things that haven't happened in generations happen in 4 years.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
Olokode

Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari
« #132 on: Today at 06:47:28 AM »
Buhari's reason for the cancellation can at best be summed up to mean that he cancelled the project because of the effect of the economic adversities of those days. Howevever, what he ignorantly failed to consider is the fact the metroline project was indeed initiated as a response come solution to the very economic woes he acted on account of. Simply-put, he, literarilly, ended up beheading a man afflicted by headache in a bid to cure him of headache.

umm . . .This is very untrue. The metro project was not planned DURING THE RECESSION  . . . . the plan had been worked on BEFORE the recession. It was no COME BACK project as you claim. At least take some time to learn of the project before making bogus comments on it. The project was in line with the plans to urbanize and modernize Lagos state -- plans started in the 70's.  Let's STOP MAKING THINGS UP PLEASE!

You re suggesting that Jakande, knowing Nigeria was in recession/depression, even Lagos too, decided to sign us up for some extremely risky plan as this one, as response/solution to already weighty debt problems?  ROFLMAO!!!! cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy Abeg . . . . stop insulting the man!!
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
Moves:

@ Jimmyboy what people are saying is that you BB fan's especially kobo, on this issue is trying to justify the unjustifyable,  Buhari was wrong in cancelling the project and his excuse almost 30years too late is not tenable. No need to revisted history,  He should have just apologised to lagosians and that would have been better,  not so different from IBB saying he cancelled June 12 in national interest. Also I would not vote PDP but neither CPC, ACN all the way.

No need to make this about BB or not BB . . . This has nothing to do with what you think I believe or not believe of the man-- matter of fact, it is clear you have no clue on
that so please focus on the topic and not more of what you are clueless of.

I do not ignore the fact that the man,Buhari, came in as military dictator in the past, but there is no reason why we should then make up stories-- I mean STORIES --  just because we have issues with a man. I will speak out on behalf of people like Obasanjo, Yar adua, Babangida etc.(and I have too) when I know there is no evidence to support allegations leveled against them. Check my history to be sure -- I have done it!!   That you have ought against someone is no reason why you just get free rein to make and spread unsubstantiated stories of them.

Before now, I thought you some rational figure who thought things through before condemning but from this I am beginning to wonder if I am even discussing with the very same person.

Moves:

@Kobo; during recession like you said projects are still carried out; but given priority based on their importance,
Don't even attempt to make me say what I did not say. During recessions some projects are cancelled and some are not  . . . .

Moves:

The UK even with cuts brought some important infrastructure projects forward; Same thing is being done in Ireland, they are bringing the metro North project to start 3 years early, this is a country just being bailout out earlier in the year.

Key word is "SOME" not all . . . I know for sure that the UK has had to cancelled some high level projects during this recession. Even cancelling some of those affecting the poor in the society. It's expected that anyone could be affected, when a country is trying to recover -- same applies to institutions, companies,etc.

Moves:

Jakande had the vision to see the importance and believed in it and its benefit whilst Buhari was shortsighted (Although other Ulterior motives have been suggested) hence he cancelled the project,  The Interview by Jakande is on page 2 or 3.Pls read it.

WHAT? Buhari is not Shagari . . . . ROFLMAO!!!

the story on Page two tells you of Shagari having alterior motives . . . it does not even hint to knowing Buhari's motive for having the project cancelled. Why are you so quick to CONDEMN the move when you are clearly not even informed on what happened. What alterior motive?

Buhari NEVER, before two days ago, EVER talked of why the project was cancelled/put on hold --- we have never heard his side of this until two days ago. Jakande, ofcourse was mad that his baby was cancelled even after Mudashiru promised to do his best. By the way, the rail project was not the only Lagos project that was cancelled at the time, and it certainly was not the only project that was cancelled Nigeria-wide.

I believe @Eziachi spoke also of projects that were cancelled in some eastern states by the same regime. Why not condemn the federal for ALL the projects that it did during this time? Why make an issue of this Lagos project when it was

a) Not the only project that was cancelled/put on hold as a result of the FG refusing to guarantee a loan

b) Not the only project in Lagos State that was cancelled/put on hold -- Jakande himself cancelled/put on hold many other projects because the state could not afford them too

c) Many other states had to cancel/put projects on hold because of the times --- why are you on this particular one?

d) Why didn't Lagos state continue the project when Babangida came in and decided to get a loan from the IMF?

I get that it would have changed Lagos -- I was in Lagos back during the days we speak of and yes, the recession resulted in cancellation of some major projects then but some of them were continued when the IMF stepped in. Not certain why this particular project was not.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
PMSOLUTION:

Gents/ladies,
For the sake of Nigeria, lets leave personalities out of our voting pattern: lets just tell the ruling elites we are not fools ad we can always vote them out! lets vote PDP OUT!

Perchance that will keep the next party(or fool) to come into power on the edge that the electorates are not fools!

I do not see parties running government.
Rather I see individuals running government and being personally accountable for their actions.
Hence you have Donald Duke, Rotimi Amaechi, Chime, Akpabio all PDP governors who have performed just as well if not better than Fashola with less resources in terms of federal allocation, internally generated revenue and state bonds. Peter Obi is also of APGA.
Particularly for tomorrow's legislators elections we should look at individuals especially in small parties who can make a difference by making better laws and check the excesses of the executive.

Johns83:

We need to vote pdp out but we also need to vote selfish rogues like buhari out. Meanwhile I dont understand this notion that Tinubu is ACN's godfather. If tinubu is at all a godfather, then I like his kind of Godfatherism that brings the changes that have not been possible in lagos in 60 yrs in just four years.

I like that kind of God fatherism that makes things work. I like that kind of Godfatherism that takes Osun back from the pdp thieves and puts an aregbesola that launches an Oyes empowerment scheme within 60days in office.

Anyways on a serious note, Fashola, I believe is not influenced by anybody. Naive as it may sound, its true. Fashola is doing things that tinubu did not do in lagos. He's breaking territories. Making things that haven't happened in generations happen in 4 years.

Tinubu is doing all these at what cost to Lagosians hard earned taxes and federal allocation collected in their names  
I'm sure you have forgotten that the same Tinubu was going to impeach Fashola just over a year ago and replace him with Muiz Banire.
Or that Aregbesola was Tinubu's commissioner for works that achieved next-to-nothing in eight years.
OYES is not the solution just as NDE was not and NAPEP also was not. They remain means of bamboozling non-critical minds of which there are so many in 9ja.
Let them make the government ministries, agencies and parastatals work within their mandates rather than crating parallel outfits that are off-limit to normal government control.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by wazobiann: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2011
Let us assume that Buhari erred in canceling the metroline project. His intention was never t o pocket the fund. It was simply his intention not to plunge the economy further. Furthermore, he was the only Head of State that was very democratic in decision making.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
wazobiann:

Let us assume that Buhari erred in canceling the metroline project. His intention was never t o pocket the fund. It was simply his intention not to plunge the economy further. Furthermore, he was the only Head of State that was very democratic in decision making.

would you be kind enough to inform this august cyber assembly what you have been smoking and/or drinking that made you type the bolded part above
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Johns83: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
@segun with all due respect, I think your statement about individuals ruling and not parties is rather naive. When Otedola donated billions to the pdp secretariat, do you think he was just doing that because he liked that organization called pdp?

As for Tinubu, I dont know what you are talking about. I am a lagosian and I see the dividends of the taxes i pay. Illd rather pay my taxes here in lagos than in PDP's oyo state or ogun state!

This same tinubu is the one that raised lagos IGR from 600m to 20b monthly, spitting in the face of the PDP govt and their allocation. Is lagos not smiling today? When people talk of change in Nigeria, is Lagos not where everyone is pointing to? Its just so ironic. Its the people who help us the most that we crucify the most. I dont know if its jealousy or something. I just can't understand. I reiterate by saying Tinubu is the only opposition that pdp has today. Think of it. Why are they trying so hard to put him down. The man is just too smart for them. PDP is known for taking opposition down at the slightest opportunity - the exact ethos of the Military - and some people are clamoring for Buhari.

U people should better shine your eyes or else this whole thing will just scatter.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by jmaine: 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
Johns83:

@segun with all due respect, I think your statement about individuals ruling and not parties is rather naive. When Otedola donated billions to the pdp secretariat, do you think he was just doing that because he liked that organization called pdp?

As for Tinubu, I dont know what you are talking about. I am a lagosian and I see the dividends of the taxes i pay. Illd rather pay my taxes here in lagos than in PDP's oyo state or ogun state!

This same tinubu is the one that raised lagos IGR from 600m to 20b monthly, spitting in the face of the PDP govt and their allocation. Is lagos not smiling today? When people talk of change in Nigeria, is Lagos not where everyone is pointing to? Its just so ironic. Its the people who help us the most that we crucify the most. I dont know if its jealousy or something. I just can't understand. I reiterate by saying Tinubu is the only opposition that pdp has today. Think of it. Why are they trying so hard to put him down. The man is just too smart for them. PDP is known for  taking opposition down at the slightest opportunity - the exact ethos of the Military - and some people are clamoring for Buhari.

U people should better shine your eyes or else this whole thing will just scatter.

My friend , it is obvious you are either an ardent supporter of the ACN or you just visit Lagos once in a while. Fashola great strides in Lagos happened in the first two years, he spent the latter years fighting Tinubu stooges in the Lagos state house of assembly who wanted to impeach him for daring to confront his Mentor about his undue influence on the scheme of things in Lagos till he played ball and the steam of development cooled off. Tinubu is relevant cos he plays the game plan of the PDP which are rigging, politics of inducement with money and assasination;yes Funsho williams was assassinated to perpetually cement his stronghold in Lagos, cos if that man was alive . Tinubu knows who his daddy is in-terms of threat. Ayo Arise the PDP terrorist in Ekiti that constantly engages the ACN with wit and guts was a former card carrying member of the ACN but took his trade to the PDP when the cartel known oppresed him, so literally we have same politician roving around all parties to achieve their aim and most are all the same. What is someone like Achike Udenwa doing the CPC . Tinubu rigs and doles out cash during elections so what's the fuss . . were you even aware that a full bus conveyed people to Ekiti to go and rig election during the last Ekiti election debacle only difference was that the PDP had more clout when it comes to political manipulations and thuggery.

So i feel Seguno2 was right  . . . . about Tinubu overbearing and corrupt nature.

wazobiann:

Wonderful . .  shocked shocked even in his pretentious state as a repented tyrant , the man refuses to subject himself to democratic processes but rather prefers to be picked to the detriment of others( ANPP et al.,)
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by tony451: 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
damoche07:

Now guys let's talk like adults and intellectualsn,ehn.
U just took over power thru a BLOODLESS coup overthrowing someone from d SAME REGION.U were not so TRIBALISTIC to avoid overthrowin your BROTHER. Prior to your takin over,ther v been an unprecedent and mindless looting of d nation by the politicians overseen by a man with the same temperament like d current president.Shagari was 'gentle'and got to the position by luck-he wanted to be only a Senator until he was dragged in.
I apologise for d digression.
Now,u av taken over a country that was in chaos n the distrust of d politicains was palpable.u even punished some of them and attempted to instill discipline in all areas be it financial,ethics,environmental etc.It was in this kind of environment that a request to guarantee the mono rail line came.Would u allow that project to continue despite all the unclear circumstances.I want u guys to remember that Buhari was ruling from Lagos as at then?Mind u,Lagos was still the capital as at then.Its on record that OBJ cancelled lots of Abubakars project when he came in.He frustrated Tinubu's power project yet Kwara was treated more favourably.Abacha cancelled IBB's project.GEJ has now frustrated the dredging of d Niger River.In all these accusations,no one v accused GMB of stealing a dime.The guys has unrivalled integrity and consistency.infact,assuming GMB is d ultra-bigot he is being accused of(am sure he is not),in a democracy,u can't be partial without consequences.Buhari has fought for the people of this country all his life. Av u guys seen the infrastucture corridor map presented at the PH rally? Do u know the calibre of Intellectuals who r still covertly funding this campaign? Those who love Nigeria r tired of this PDP govt. PDP is the biggest,richest,most corrupt ethnic group in Nigeria.When they want to steal,they don't ask where Aninih,Bodey Jorge,Oddilli,Yuguda,Obusanjo,Mangal,Turakki is from.They do it without considering where they come from.Let's be wise guys.

NB;I typed from a BB fone,so am expecting some awkward alignment of d fonts with this post.

Jimmy Boy:

Nobody said BB is infallible, Obama makes mistakes regularly just like any other human being, but you must have acted in good faith and the action ought not to  swell your wallet or that of your party members. Innocent mistakes are allowable.

But thieves can not enjoy such grace, I have heard several PDP cheiftains saying openly on TV that they stole or rigged but nobody touched them.

1. In Oyo state, Late Adedibu  said on TV that he impeached former Gov. Ladoja becuase he does not share the sate security vote with him.
2. When Joshua Dariye was arrested, he categorically stated that the money(N500m) was the money contributed as requested by the Party.
3. Uba said openely that they rigged Anambra elections, did anybody raised a finger against him?

So how can any sane person ask this party to continue to be at the center?

I am on my knees begging you guys, even if you dont like BB vote for any other person but not PDP

Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by MeGaStReEt: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2011
The CPC candidate had while speaking to his political associates in Lagos on Wednesday said the project was cancelled because his government did not want to take more loans nor devalue the naira.

His explanation was, however, a repudiation of that earlier offered by his spokesperson, Mr Yinka Odumakin, who said Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the military governor of the state at the time, the late Gbolahan Mudashiru, who unilaterally cancelled the contract.

“Sadly though, Buhari is all too economical with the facts. His spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin (said) a few weeks ago that Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the late Gbolahan Mudashiru who unilaterally cancelled the contract. But, Buhari has categorically repudiated Mr. Odumakin’s poorly concocted lies

drama
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Eziachi: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
Moves:

@Kobo; during recession like you said projects are still carried out; but given priority based on their importance,  The UK even with cuts brought some important infrastructure projects forward; Same thing is being done in Ireland, they are bringing the metro North project to start 3 years early, this is a country just being bailout out earlier in the year. Jakande had the vision to see the importance and believed in it and its benefit whilst Buhari was shortsighted (Although other Ulterior motives have been suggested) hence he cancelled the project,  The Interview by Jakande is on page 2 or 3.Pls read it.

You have to doff your hat off for Nigerians for their sense of justice and selective memory.

IBB- 1985-93- Buhari stopped him from reviving the saviour of Lagos-The Metro,

Oladipo Diya- Buhari stopped him using his influence to kick start the Metro.

Jakande- Abacha's minister of works, Buhari also stopped him reviving his pet project under his own ministry.

Ernest Shonekan: A Past Yoruba head of state, BUHARI also prevented him.

Obasanjo: For 8 good years nobody told him about the metro because Buhari could not let him.

Yar Adua: The god son of OBJ was told in an uncertain terms by Buhari that if you start the Metro you are dead.

Jonathan: Buhari also stopped him as the VP to remind Yar ADUA and also as president, Buhari also prevented him.

Buhari got an excuse and had called a witness to the two committees he set to look into the affordabilty of the project and I am told both committees were headed by Yoruba men. Now let[b] IBB, Diya, OBJ,  JAKANDE himself, Shonekan, Jonathan[/b] give us their own reason.

The funny bit is that in 1984 there is a body called the Supreme Mlitary Council where all decision of govt is taken and there are many Lagosian and Yorubas sitting there like Zombie as Buhari single handedly cancel Metro for Lagos, while his able deputy, a Yoruba man called Tunde Idiagbon watch and clapped for him a he  hows his hate for the south.
River Niger is a disaster waiting to happen for 40 year, for some reason no one think its important or less important than a METRO. Those that cultivate, water and nourishes falsehood will one day reap from our maker.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by liquid7: 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
at least he makes sense unlike goodieluck .

spending $100m on a metro system with the nigerian poor culture of maintainace is a waste of money for a debt ridden country and even unsafe.

countries that have metro spend a lot to maintain it ,with the corruption in nigeria do you honestly see us maintaining it .it will simply collapse killing many.

if we cannot maintain simple structures in nigeria is it a complex metro you want to maintain?
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by oluwabamis(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
if not that buhari need lagosians' votes he wouldnt have offer any explanation to us, anyway buhari is not fit to rule yhis country, simply because he is too tribalistic, and he will surely continue doing what he knows best to do.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
oluwabamis:

if not that buhari need lagosians' votes he wouldnt have offer any explanation to us, anyway buhari is not fit to rule yhis country, simply because he is too tribalistic, and he will surely continue doing what he knows best to do.

It could also be the old known problem of Nigeria . . . where we never really ask questions to obtain the facts . . . instead what we do a lot more of is run with the rumours and lies, since they seem to serve the majority psyche more than the truth does. I say this because it almost seems many Nigerians are allergic to the truth.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Eziachi: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
oluwabamis:

Now that you got an explanation what was your reaction? Probably the man understands that people like you don't like the truth, thy can't handle the truth as they prefers that lies to them.
If that METRO was meant for ENUGU and was cancelled, I wonder if you will give a f**k as you are now and you turn around to call somebody a tribalist?
The is the same mob that said that Enugu, the capital of old east do not deserve an international airport, suddenly they arein touch with the impact of development projects. Hypocrites

Its likely that you voted OBJ twice and Yar Adua/Jonathan and for the last 12 years you forgot to ask them what happened to $16b meant for power?

Buhari cancelled a plan, a nation cannot afford at the time, he didn't place decree that metro for Lagos shall never be but just that a that point in time, its unfordable.
$16b is not a plan, its real cash but that didn't bother you to ask Jonathan but you want to jump into the lagoon over someone that cancelled a plan.
And next week, you will ignore the $16b and vote for jonathan as a punishment for some one that suspended a planned project due to lack of cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Over N 2.7Trn In Treasury Single Account ( TSA ) – AGF / Insecurity: Bandits Have Turned North To Killing Field - Sultan Of Sokoto / Gov Wada Wears Bullet-Proof Jacket To Visit Bomb Blast Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.