Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,404 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Filipino Nannies In Naija - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Filipino Nannies In Naija (4977 Views)

Dayummmm Shymmexx Come And See How These People Are Living In Naija Ooooo / Areas In Naija And How Their Boys Behave / Women In The Offices, Men In The Kitchen & As Nannies Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2011
I heard last week that there is a new trend among professional nigerian women to employ filipino nanniesĀ  in preference to nigerians. thet pay them in US dollars. the thinking is they will not be impregnated by their husbands or gossip about them to others. have you heard of this? what do you think[b][/b]
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2011
I heard last week that there is a new trend among professional nigerian women to employ filipino nannies in preference to nigerians. thet pay them in US dollars. the thinking is they will not be impregnated by their husbands or gossip about them to others. have you heard of this? what do you think
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by LadyT(f): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2011
Considering that a lot of Naija women dont work like the ones aboard i.e a 9-5 job Im confused why many so called housewives need nannys and 45 househelps?
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2011
well things are changing now.especially banking sector where my sis works sometimes 7-7 even work saturdays.
they get good pay but they earn it smiley
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2011
did not read the thread properly are there really that many housewives these days
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by olaolabiy: 2:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 08, 2011
trafficking.

one dead giveaway is they always talk about how something is always "preferred " over something.
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by InkedNerd(f): 10:21am On Apr 08, 2011
@OP: Where did you hear this?
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 11:57am On Apr 08, 2011
from a friend who lives in naija. we were talking about the pdp guy who is said to have assaulted a teacher with police for seizing his son's phone and other nigerian excesses.
she also told me that some places in VI now offer " egyptian masage" and nigerians are forking out cash big time. i wonder how many nigerians know what egyptian massage is. and there are now eastern european prostitutes in lagos.
regarding the nannies i want to know if anyone else has heard this or not.
Re: Filipino Nannies In Naija by aribisala0(m): 11:58am On Apr 08, 2011
love-peddler = akunakuna

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Things About 'The Iku Baba Yeye Of Yoruba Land': Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas / Why are more Afro Caribbean's afraid of water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.