Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? (45794 Views)

Nairalanders What Is your Best Food? / A List Of Some Of Nigeria's Best Food Blogs / Hausa, Ibo Or Yoruba: Which Tribe Has The Best Delicacies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by dblock(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2007
Pizza Hut Tribe.

I love the Anchovies in their pizzas, and their pepperoni is to die for.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by qeemus: 8:45am On Jul 28, 2007
are u asking this question so as to know the tribe to marry from??guys like you seem to be controlled by the sound of you tommy grin
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by fesse(f): 10:08am On Jul 28, 2007
the igbos and the calabars. they are good in terms of food.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by unomair(f): 10:24am On Jul 28, 2007
Hi all
Abeg no blame aba4life
e be like say na man wey dey consider tribe wey e go marry from
my advice - for what it's worth:
Consider it a scientific-qualitative research project:
Get urself girlfriends from all tribes in naija (Chinese included - lol) and have them cook 'tribal' dishes for you
That is sure to reduce the confusion you are facing!!! - I hope! grin
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by anajemba(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2007
One man's food is another mans poison,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,moreover with over 25 different tribes who cares to taste all for you.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Germano: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2007
The Kalabaris has the best food, the Onunu with native oil stew made with fresh fish from the river, 2. the Native soup made with fresh fish, prewinkle (Isam), crafish (Oporo), oistar family (Ingbe), Ngolo and other sea stuff, You need to experience it.

Visit IDEAL Resturant at No. 44 Uruala Street, mile 1 Diobu Phc, I expect your testimonies

Then followed by the Akwa Ibom's Afang and Edikaikong.

Is my opinion.

Ger.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by warfarian(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2007
i think the topic suppose be cook best, and not this, because EGUSI, OGBONO etc are general soups, but every tribe havd her own way of cooking it, its not the way an ibo wife will cook EGUSI an Urhobo or Yoruba woman will kook it, soo

abeg poster re-arrange ur topic u hear abeg , i take God ehhnn take beg u

all the same my best soup na Ogbono/Egusi [wen cooked by an Ishan or Urhobo woman] with Eba or Akpu, Yoruba women dey turn am upside down, kai i don chop rubish for lah wey i kom ohhhh, ahhh, if i enta villa my first fud wey i go say make them giv me na beta Egusi soup n Akpu, oh my grand nut soup, i miss u dearly,

Iye me
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by bugado(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2007
my tribe of course, igbo all the way. no body go en mama soup na sweet
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by warfarian(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2007
i think the topic suppose be which tribe cook best, and not this, because EGUSI, OGBONO etc are general soups, but every tribe havd her own way of cooking it, its not the way an ibo wife will cook EGUSI an Urhobo or Yoruba woman will kook it, soo

abeg poster re-arrange your topic u hear abeg , i take God ehhnn take beg u

all the same my best soup na Ogbono/Egusi [when cooked by an Ishan or Urhobo woman] with Eba or Akpu, Yoruba women dey turn am upside down, kai i don chop rubish for lag wey i kom ohhhh, ahhh, if i enta villa my first fud wey i go say make them giv me na beta Egusi soup n Akpu, oh my grand nut soup, i miss u dearly,

Iye me
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by babadee(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2007
i'll say the Ibo, their soups and stews and everything is just super and theres lots of variety of everything unlike my people (Yoruba). nothing after eba, amala, iyan egusi etc.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by babadee(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2007
correction!!!!
the people from the east and south-south.
just imagine boozing at your local mama caro without nkwobi.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by kaylala(m): 12:26am On Jul 29, 2007
shocked
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by spaceworld: 7:32am On Jul 29, 2007
IYAN and OBE EGUSI pelu EFO TO KI POPO SOLID ONE
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by dumi(f): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2007
i will say calaber,because of their edikankon soup.but who go se him mama soup no sweet.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2007
Omoge, I don hear. Sawry.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by elsirich: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2007
definately the igbo's,
maybe i am prejudicied cus i'm ibo embarassed embarassed but do i care NO. grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by mishoo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2007
elsirich:

definately the igbo's,
maybe i am prejudicied cus i'm ibo embarassed embarassed but do i care NO. grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Igbo??
Not at all. The Calabars do have more and good ones at that. Lived in Igbo land for some time and can say they dont have not more than the Calabar and not all of theirs are nice. But i presume you are talking of soups sha because solid food are general in Naija except on few exceptions
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by oge4real(f): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2007
Igbo of course!That is the main reason Igbo brides don't come cheap. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
Hey, lets be objective here. I am very Igbo, and proud to be so. But lets not hype what we do not have. If there is anyone who can be counted among the have-the-worst-foods, we would be the ones. Most of the South South can lay claim rightly to the title of best food preparers.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by papabaks(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2007
Tribe or no Tribe NIGER is the best country that have the most best food in the world. when you talk about SOLID foods not junck that will take you no where, in fact I LOVE NIGERIAN DISHES.

Please leave tribes alone oooo because Nigeria have the best food,
talk of

YORUBA that is blessed with EBA and EGUSI soup, IYAN , AMALA, IKOKORE IJEBU, EKO and AKARA etc
IGBO that is blessed with ESIEWU SOUP, EDIKHAIKANG soup, STARCH with UGWU just dont mention
HAUSA that is blessed with AKAMU, TUWO etc.

THREE GBOSA FOR NAIJA GBOOSA, GBOOOOSA, GBOOOOOOSAAAAAA!!!

I LOVE NAIJA .

Thanks
papa
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by toba1909(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2007
@ Papabaks,
Thanks for your post, i think in a country where we have over 50 dialects. Somebody now asking WHICH TRIBE HAS THE BEST FOOD IN NAIJA? I think threads should be posted in a better and explainable way to avoid such crises.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by StephenP(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2007
toba1909:

@ Papabaks,
Thanks for your post, i think in a country where we have over 50 dialects. Somebody now asking WHICH TRIBE HAS THE BEST FOOD IN NAIJA? I think threads should be posted in a better and explainable way to avoid such crises.

Exactly the point I made before. It should have been what nigerian food do you prefer or something.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by papabaks(m): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
There you are StephenP just continue the good guy you are, but mind you their is nothing bad in asking question about you are not clear of Ok, so don't let us crucify the guy.

Thanks
papa
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by slimfella(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2007
@ZorARO

WHICH ONE YOU DEY?

WETIN DEY EAT YOU UP

PERSON WAN KNOW EHICH TRIBE GET THE BEST FOOD, NA HIM YOU JUST DEY SHOW YOURSELF UP AND DOWN

AS FAR AS I DEY CONCERN, NA HAUSA GET THE BEST FOOD.

UNA DON CHOP MEYAN COKER?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by adrianic: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2007
@zoraro,well said.i concur.
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by biafranboy: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2007
Richyblack, i guess you are not a Nigerian, how can you say that Chinese are known as a tribe in Nigeria.

THIS IS A.B.A4LIFE

Bleep SEUN, I WHOPPED HE'S ASS ON TRIBALISM FORUM, HE TOOK ME OFF,BUT HE4S NOTHING BUT A DRUNK FUNKYASS YORUBA DIRTY VILLAGE MAN. HE ADDED TRIBALISM,RACIST ETC FOR PEOPLE TO THREAD ON, BUT HE TOOK ME OFF AND TAUGHT I AIN'T COMING BACK.

I TOOK ME BIAFRANBOY.

A.B.A4LIFE BABY
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by biafranboy: 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2007
Infact, to tell the truth, cos turth hurts, i can eat any other soup, but Yoruba soup does not give appetite to eat, looks like Vomit.

Someone said Egusi and Ogbono is a general soup, who told you that? State ur tribe punk. don't try to mingle yourself to others, represent ur hood. Igbos are representing their tribe wherever they are. Try and go to Usa,Europe or Asia and see if you can eat Yoruba soup. You only eat Igbo soup, it's sold worldwide.

Cos USA Instutute of food science stated that Amala and Ewedu weakens the body and can course brain tumor in future, Hehe,

Kwunu and Zobo= They said that these drinks locally drink in Yoruba and hausa land makes them to be lazy, and they have been advise to try and eat more of Eastern foods, so they can be healthy and strong as the Igbos.

I hope you all have seen the breaking news from United states of Instutute for food science.

Don't eat punk foods and be healthy.

A.B.A4LIFE
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by biafranboy: 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2007
OGE4REAL are you Ogechukwu Nwachukwu from ABA?Guess you are studying in ABU Zaria?
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Prince22(m): 12:00am On Aug 04, 2007
This trend can not be concluded because of individual differences and taste with believe
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by mellow(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2007
Prince22:

This trend can not be concluded because of individual differences and taste with believe

Concur
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by DoubleN(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2007
For me,Calabar people do the magic!
Re: Which Tribe Has The Best Food In Nigeria? by Chiori(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2007
tha's tru

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Who Was Captured Eating From The Bin Smiles In New Photo / 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / How Do You React When You See This Kind Of Bush Allowance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.