Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99537 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
luluosas:

The spokesperson for the presidential campaign council, Mallam Abba Dabo, who spoke with our correspondent on Sunday, said that the results from across the country did not indicate that the chances of Jonathan were slim.

He said that with the result from Kano State, which he said indicated that the PDP was having an edge over the All Nigerian Peoples Party, the ruling party in the state, the PDP was on its way to winning the state and also the presidency.

He said, “Great outcome, if you look at the result of the National Assembly election across the states. Though we lost in the South-West and some states, but despite the permutation of some people, we did not lose in the North-West as being envisaged.

“Yes, we lost in Katsina beyond our expectations, but you can see that we also won in Kano State against all odds and permutations. We are winning.

“Our meeting is expected to review the results and plan afresh. Don’t forget that other political parties would also meet. So, our meeting is not based on panicking.”

He said those expecting runoff in the presidential election should bury the thought, “because Jonathan is going to win with a wide margin.”
^^Sorry. This doesn't sound to me like panic. Go into the field and campaign for your candidate.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2011
@agaba123, You can continue because you have said nothing.
Please give me an evidence that he paid up Nigeria's debt in one year. It is only in nairaland that you will hear this.

I can see that your mind is made up no matter the evidence that will stare at your face, to you, Buhari is nothing. You are very much entitle to your own opinion.

You fall my hand too hard this time, seeing you shamelessly quoting Sahara Reporters as the source of your evidence for Buhari's mismanagement of resources, when he was the Head of State. So, you people that have always castigated Sahara Reporters as bias, sponsored to attack Government, trash, etc whenever they say the obvious (TRUTH). So, you now see reasons to believed them for once, just because, they satisfied your curiosity. My friend, this should be enough evidence for you and your like to JUMP ship and come over to BB Train. It is not too late yet. You are most welcome on-board.
BB all the Way.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by soloqy: 7:55pm On Apr 11, 2011
For the Buhari supporters who are suddenly claiming that the election was rigged, how come ACN took some former PDP domains?

How is it that they couldnt wrest Ondo from Labor? Please get some other excuse. This one is lame at best.

For your info, ACN/Ribadu, will do better than Buhari/cpc in the presidential elections. And even if they try to form an alliance, Ribadu would have to be the candidate to emerge from that union and not Buhari.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by efisher(m): 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
Buhari has to take the back seat where he rightly belongs. Shame go catch am after GEJ and Ribadu don deal with am finishgrin

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Dave6: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
I'm very impressed with Ribadu. He too knows what's best for this Nation. Hence he refuses to form a Losers' Alliance.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
luluosas:

I can see that your mind is made up no matter the evidence that will stare at your face, to you, Buhari is nothing. You are very much entitle to your own opinion.

You fall my hand too hard this time, seeing you shamelessly quoting Sahara Reporters as the source of your evidence for Buhari's mismanagement of resources, when he was the Head of State. So, you people that have always castigated Sahara Reporters as bias, sponsored to attack Government, trash, etc whenever they say the obvious (TRUTH). So, you now see reasons to believed them for once, just because, they satisfied your curiosity. My friend, this should be enough evidence for you and your like to JUMP ship and come over to BB Train. It is not too late yet. You are most welcome on-board.
BB all the Way.
I quoted Sahara reporters to show you the size of foreign debt when IBB took over. I can give you another source. Aniago Onyekachi.

The reason for that was that someone falsely claimed that Buhari paid off Nigeria's debt in a year. What did he pay off

@Evilbrain
Sanusi is B.Sc econs and a former bank staff. In as much as I respect him as a CBN governor, he is an individual entitled to his opinion.  I do no have any apologies. he said does not mean it is right.
I have given you published books that say otherwise with facts and figures that has no sentiment colouration. May be you should go through those before commenting.

Buhari did not manage the economy well. he did not understand the magnitude of the problem so he thought the issue was transient.
he had no clues.

Go and read my snippets in page 40.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
GenBuhari:

What is you point?

Buhari ruled for the 1.5 year 1984 - 1985.

He never rulled in 1980 or 81

stop trying to mislead people

Buhari paid off our debt in 1.5 years

Nigerians need to make the right  choice
He ruled for 20 months.
The information gave a progressive decadence that started from 1980 and continued till 1985.
Buhari was factored into 1984-85 part of the period under review. can't you understand general?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
@10cirenoh
Thanks for the correction. I was going by the results you guys jubilantly posted on saturday wink
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2011
BTW anybody that read the snippets I posted in page 41 and still claims he did well economical is . . . . I can't say that grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by soloqy: 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
Nigerians everywhere are voting individuals now and not parties. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/jubilation-in-maiduguri-over-gov-sheriffs-defeat/

The people of Maiduguri are not happy with the ANPP Senatorial candidate (Gov. Sherriff) and they voted a PDP candidate whom they all feel is better.

Maybe PDP rigged that one too and asked the people of Maiduguri to celebrate in the streets.

Bottom line is these other parties are mostly made up of people who left PDP for one reason or the other(maybe they lost some primaries or didnt get contracts).

It would be unwise to vote along party lines. ACN is popular now largely due to Fashola and like someone already pointed out, if Fashola was in another party, he would still do the same thing. There are actually some good people in PDP just as there are monsters in ACN, CPC, ANPP, APGA and the rest of them.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by recoome(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
PDP sweeps taraba state defeating the ACN machine constructed by fmr gov jolly nyame, the CPC performed dismally in the elections. Also in benue, which was said 2 be going the ACN way, the PDP won the 2 declared senatorial seats, the PDP also took majority of the reps seats. The PDP also picked up the two up the 2 declared senatorial seats in gombe & majority of the house of reps seat. Despite the CPC's onslaught in kaduna, the PDP clinched the kaduna south senatorial seat through mrs. nnenadi usman. The ANPP picked up all the senatorial seats in yobe state.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ agaba123 or beaf

During this period, some of Nigeriaís earlier anti-export bias in manufacturing disappeared
with policy reforms, and producers switched from imported to local inputs. Particularly in
agro-processing and textile manufacturing, there was greater use of locally produced
materials. The assembly-based manufacturing, which had depended on imported inputs and
been shielded from competition and market signals, contracted. But the industry as a whole
grew by 3.5 percent per year (1986-1990);

All this theory that you are writing, Babangida SAP,MAMSA, were all fraud.During this period we got the introduction of Tokunbo, tell me which local input did we turn to during those years, How come there is so much demand for forex now ifthose years set a pace for local input. The west will always applaud anyone that help them Bleep africa well like Babangida through IMF
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
I laugh in swahili when people call me beaf.

Do I write like Beaf? The only relationship between me and beaf is that we support one candidate.
Abeg oburu egwuruegwu ya kwusikwa.

EPOMA:

@ agaba123  or beaf

All this theory that you are writing, Babangida SAP,MAMSA, were all fraud.During this period we got the introduction of Tokunbo, tell me which local input did we turn to during those years, How come there is so much demand for forex now ifthose years set a pace for local input. The west will always applaud anyone that help them Bleep africa well like Babangida through IMF
When you see fact you call it theory. That's why you will see Agaba and call him Beaf. Read the link and you will see the sources
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
9ijaMan:

The guy is indeed clueless. In fact he practically claimed on a separate thread that he knows more about Nigerian economy than Sanusi Lamido. Unfortunately for his confused mind he even failed a simple statistics test.

Abeg pass me the details of the moooron that said he knew Nigerian economy more than Sanusi.

Please, I beg you.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by goggs(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2011
recoome:

PDP sweeps taraba state defeating the ACN machine constructed by fmr gov jolly nyame, the CPC performed dismally in the elections. Also in benue, which was said 2 be going the ACN way, the PDP won the 2 declared senatorial seats, the PDP also took majority of the reps seats. The PDP also picked up the two up the 2 declared senatorial seats in gombe & majority of the house of reps seat. Despite the CPC's onslaught in kaduna, the PDP clinched the kaduna south senatorial seat through mrs. nnenadi usman. The ANPP picked up all the senatorial seats in yobe state.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
Odunnu:

My lawyer wil get in touch with you. I want a divorce. I HATE YOU!!!

The prenup is tight. You are not going to get even 10%.

You will not even leave with your handbags.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 11:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sagamite:

Abeg pass me the details of the moooron that said he knew Nigerian economy more than Sanusi.

Please, I beg you.

Sagamite he was referring to me but I am not a mo ron.
Why must I accept what Sanusi said hook line and sinker? Any reasons?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
agabaI23:

Sagamite he was referring to me but I am not a mo ron.
Why must I accept what Sanusi said hook line and sinker? Any reasons?

Ah, you don't have to accept. But I would be surprised if you said you "know more about the Nigerian economy than Sanusi".
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by danjohn: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
CPC didnt do too bad in the House of Reps based on the official result reported by Thisday.  The opposition is leading in the House of Reps.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-survives-acn-gains-but-cpc-underperforms/89433/

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by muami(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Hot like Fire;
the people desire;
GEJ gonna make BB retire.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:24am On Apr 12, 2011
9ijaMan:

Here are some more for you to learn from.
[size=13pt]
Why I will vote for Buhari (II) - Lamido Sanusi
[/size]

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

The argument of Buharism, for which it was castigated by global capital and its domestic agents, was that these conditions did not exist clearly enough for Nigeria to take the gamble. First our major export, oil, was priced in dollars and the volume exported was determined ab initio by the quota set by OPEC, a cartel to which we belonged. Neither the price nor the volume of our exports would be affected by a devaluation of the naira. As for imports, indeed they would become dearer. However the manufacturing base depended on imported raw materials. Also many essential food items were imported. The demand for imports was therefore inelastic. We would end up spending more of our national income to import less, in the process fuelling inflation, creating excess capacity and unemployment, wiping out the production base of the real sector and causing hardship to the consumer through the erosion of real disposable incomes. Given the structural dislocations in income distribution in Nigeria the only groups who would benefit from devaluation were the rich parasites who had enough liquidity to continue with their conspicuous consumption, the large multi-national corporations with an unlimited access to loanable funds and the foreign "investor" who can now purchase our grossly cheapened and undervalued domestic assets.

In one stroke we would wipe out the middle class, destroy indigenous manufacturing, undervalue the national wealth and create inflation and unemployment. This is standard economic theory and it is exactly what happened to Nigeria after it went through the hands of our IMF economists under IBB. The decision not to devalue set Buharism on a collision course with those who wanted devaluation and would profit from it-namely global capitalism, the so-called "captains of industry" (an acronym for the errand boys of multinational corporations), the nouveaux-riches parasites who had naira and dollars waiting to be spent, the rump elements of feudalism and so on. Buharism therefore was a crisis in the dominant class, a fracturing of its members into a patriotic, nationalist group and a dependent, parasitic and corrupt one. It was not a struggle between classes but within the same class. A victory for Buharism would be a victory for the more progressive elements of the national bourgeoisie. Unfortunately the fifth columnists within the military establishment were allied to the backward and retrogressive elements and succeeded in defeating Buharism before it took firm root. But I digress.

Having decided not to devalue or to rush into privatization and liberalization Buharism still faced an economic crisis it must address. There was pressure on foreign reserves, mounting foreign debt and a Balance of Payments crisis. Clearly the demand for foreign exchange outstripped its supply. The government therefore adopted demand management measures. The basic principle was that we did not really need all that we imported and if we could ensure that our scarce foreign exchange was only allocated to what we really needed we would be able to pay our debts and lay the foundations for economic stability. But this line of action also has its drawbacks.

First, there are political costs to be borne in terms of opposition from those who feel unfairly excluded from the allocation process and who do not share the government’s sense of priorities. Muslims for example cursed Buhari’s government for restricting the number of pilgrims in order to conserve foreign exchange.

Second, in all attempts to manage demand through quotas and quantitative restrictions there is room for abuse because there is always the incentive of a premium to be earned through circumvention of due process. Import licenses become "hot cake" and the black market for foreign exchange highly lucrative. This policy can only succeed if backed by strong deterrent laws and strict and enforcible exchange rules. Again it is trite micro-economic theory that where price is fixed below equilibrium the market is only cleared through quotas and the potential exists for round tripping as there will be a minority willing and able to offer a very high price for the "artificially scarce" product. So again we see that the harsh exchange control and economic sabotage laws of Buharism were a necessary and logical fallout of its economic theory.

Conclusion

I have tried to show in this intervention what I consider to be the principal building blocks of the military government of Muhammadu Buhari and the logical connection between its ideology, its economic theory and the legal and political superstructure that characterized it. My objective is to raise the intellectual profile of discourse beyond its present focus on personalities by letting readers see the intricate links between disparate and seemingly unrelated aspects of that government, thus contextualizing the actions of Buharism in its specific historical and ideological milieu. I have tried to review its treatment of politicians as part of a general struggle against primitive accumulation and its harsh laws on exchange and economic crimes as a necessary fallout of economic policy options. Similarly its treatment of drug pushers reflected the patriotic zeal of a bourgeois nationalist establishment.

As happens in all such cases a number of innocent people become victims of draconian laws, such as a few honest leaders like Shehu Shagari and Balarabe Musa who were improperly detained. The reality however is that many of those claiming to be victims today were looters who deserved to go to jail but who would like to hide under the cover of a few glaring errors. The failure of key members of the Buhari administration to tender public and unreserved apology to those who may have been improperly detained has not helped matters in this regard.

This raises a question I have often been asked. Do I support Buhari’s decision to contest for the presidency of Nigeria? My answer is no. And I will explain.

[b]First, I believe Buhari played a creditable role in a particular historical epoch but like Tolstoy and Marx I do not believe he can re-enact that role at will. Men do not make history exactly as they please but, as Marx wrote in the 18th Brumaire, "in circumstances directly encountered, given and transmitted from the past." Muhammadu Buhari as a military general had more room for manoevre than he can ever hope for in Nigerian Politics.

Second, I am convinced that the situation of Nigeria and its elite today is worse than it was in 1983.Compared to the politicians who populate the PDP, ANPP and AD today, second republic politicians were angels. Buhari waged a battle against second republic politicians, but he is joining this generation. Anyone who rides a tiger ends up in its belly and one man cannot change the system from within. A number of those Buhari jailed for theft later became ministers and many of those who hold key offices in all tiers of government and the legislature were made by the very system he sought to destroy. My view is that Nigeria needs people like Buhari in politics but not to contest elections. Buhari should be in politics to develop Civil Society and strengthen the conscience of the nation. He should try to develop many Buharis who will continue to challenge the elements that have hijacked the nation.

Third, I do not think Nigerians today are ready for Buhari. Everywhere you turn you see thieves who have amassed wealth in the last four years, be they legislators, Local Government chairmen and councilors, or governors and ministers. But these are the heroes in their societies. They are the religious leaders and ethnic champions and Nigerians, especially northerners, will castigate and discredit anyone who challenges them. Unless we start by educating our people and changing their value system, people like Buhari will remain the victims of their own love for Nigeria.

Fourth, and on a lighter note, I am opposed to recycled material. In a nation of 120million people we can do better than restrict our leadership to a small group. I think Buhari, Babangida and yes Obasanjo should simply allow others try their hand instead of believing they have the monopoly of wisdom.

Having said all this let me conclude by saying that if Buhari gets a nomination he will have my vote (for what it is worth). I will vote for him not, like some have averred, because he is a northerner and a Muslim or because I think his candidacy is good for the north and Islam; I will vote for him not because I think he will make a good democrat or that he was not a dictator. I will vote for Buhari as a Nigerian for a leader who restored my pride and dignity and my belief in the motherland. I will vote for the man who made it undesirable for the "Andrews" to "check out" instead of staying to change Nigeria. I will vote for Buhari to say thank you for the world view of Buharism, a truly nationalist ideology for all Nigerians. I do not know if Buhari is still a nationalist or a closet bigot and fanatic, or if he was the spirit and not just the face of Buharism. My vote for him is not based on a divination of what he is or may be, but a celebration of what his government was and what it gave to the nation.
[/b]
http://www.triumphnewspapers.org/why18112010.html

@9ijaMan

Did you read what you posted here. I have to apologize for just scanning through the whole thing.
I have read through it and I can highlight somethings for you to see.

Did you see the reason why he said he would vote for him?

I doubt you did otherwise you would not post this here.
he said would not support his coming out for presidency. He gave his reasons one of which is that Buhari had much room to operate as a dictator and that he will not be able to operate in todays Nigeria politics. I have said this over and over again.

You hero SLS just said the same thing.

He will vote him just to satisfy himself not because he will is qualified for democracy.

By the way on the economy front, he accepted that Buhari view was not realistic. he tried very hard to defend buhari and buharism, gave reasons for the harsh laws and a good attempt at that but at the end of the day, he could not.
But he surprised me when he said Shehu Shagari was innocent

Finally, SLS did not discuss economic indices of Buhari reign.
What I posted for you were the indices of the time which proved that Buharism did not work in the prevailing economic condition.
He was theorizing but the result on ground showed the theory was wrong.

Even SLS knew the drawbacks in Buharism which he mentioned. Those were the things that swallowed up the initial gra gra because it the economic policies lacked basic economic principles.

SLS said, his finance minister had no business with economics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:24am On Apr 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Ah, you don't have to accept. But I would be surprised if you said you "know more about the Nigerian economy than Sanusi".
We are talking about the economy of Nigeria within a specified period. The economic indices documented from several sources in journals and bookS say that the economy did not perform well and that there was progressive deterioration. You want me to accept what a single individual who is liable to environmental motivation knows more than collective scholarly publication pointing towards the same direction?

If accepting THE LATTER instead of  Sanusi's proclamation  means being clueless and moronic, then I choose to be clueless and moronic wink
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2011
And my advice is please, read the whole write up carefully. It is an interesting read so that you will stop using the name of this man inappropriately.

SANUSI does not support Buhari for presidency for many reasons amongst which are

1. He cannot operate in a democratic environment
2. he should be a statesman
3. he should be training other Buhari's
4. he does not believe in recycling
5. he will be frustrated
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On Apr 12, 2011
agabaI23:

We are talking about the economy of Nigeria within a specified period. The economic indices documented from several sources in journals and bookS say that the economy did not perform well and that there was progressive deterioration. You want me to accept what a single individual who is liable to environmental motivation knows more than collective scholarly publication pointing towards the same direction?

If accepting THE LATTER instead of  Sanusi's proclamation  means being clueless and moronic, then I choose to be clueless and moronic wink

I hope you were misquoted or strawmanned.

There is a difference between giving heavier weighting to counter scholarly views over Sanusi's and saying I "know more about the Nigerian economy than Sanusi". grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:45am On Apr 12, 2011
Sagamite:

I hope you were misquoted or strawmanned.

There is a difference between giving heavier weighting to counter scholarly views over Sanusi's and saying I "know more about the Nigerian economy than Sanusi". grin

No I never said I know more about Nigerian economy than SLS or let the person say so or show.
However, I cannot accept whatever he said, because he is the CBN governor.

I asked a question, who is he that I should not challenge what he said. By then I just scanned through and the only thing that was shouting for attention was the title- I will vote Buhari. I didn't care to go in details.

If you are a Buhari supporter and you read this piece and post it here for all to see . . . . I wonder oooo grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2011
agabaI23:

No I never said I know more about Nigerian economy than SLS or let the person say so or show.
However, I cannot accept whatever he said, because he is the CBN governor.

I asked a question, who is he that I should not challenge what he said. By then I just scanned through and the only thing that was shouting for attention was the title- I will vote Buhari. I didn't care to go in details.

If you are a Buhari supporter and you read this piece and post it here for all to see . . . . I wonder oooo grin grin grin

That is fair enough.

You were perfectly strawmanned. grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:49am On Apr 12, 2011
Sagamite:

That is fair enough.

You were perfectly strawmanned.  grin
Yea that is what one gets for opposing a dictator grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by fuke(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2011
'@ to you GEJ men

Come Saturday, The North will show you   the depth of their political sophistication.

They told you they do not mind their Govs, their reps, their senators but they do not want this president.

After Jumat on Friday the table will turn.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by luluosas(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2011
Abuja Election Shocker: 12 Persons Arrested With 1 million Presidential Election Ballot Papers!
April 11, 2011 - 23:21 — siteadmin
By SaharaReporters, New York

The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) has alerted Nigerians of massive efforts to print election ballots for the purpose of rigging next Saturday’s presidential elections, for which 12 people are now under arrest.

This follows the discovery by the police that over one million ballots had been printed at Tulip Press, an Abuja printer. The men are in police custody at Utako Police Station, Abuja, and the DPO, Mallam Usman Umar, has confirmed that the case has been transferred to the Force Headquarters.

In a statement issued this evening, signed by Rotimi Fashakin, the National Publicity Secretary of the CPC, the Congress said two men, Akinlolu Akinto and Habila Stephen, were first caught with 100,000 ballot papers loaded into a van. In the ensuing police investigation, the other one million ballots were discovered.

The CPC noted the allegation that TULIP Press was responsible for the fake ballot papers that have been found in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara and other parts of North West.

“In another potential ‘show stopper’ for the presidential elections, our impeccable sources pointed that a lorry load of ballot papers had been removed from INEC stores to the Aso rock villa, ostensibly as samples for the view of Candidate Goodluck Jonathan,” the Congress said. “When INEC was confronted with this allegation, the veracity of which was confirmed we were told the matter is still under investigation!”

It said it recognizes that Saturday’s presidential election “is a ‘do or die’ for some because they have a lot to explain to the Nigerian people, should they lose,” for which no effort is being spared to ensure victory.
The CPC then appealed to its supporters to be even more determined to be prepared to give the final push for the espousal of a new Nation.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/abuja-election-shocker-12-persons-arrested-1-million-presidential-election-ballot-papers-0

I am very sure that, GEJ fans will no how defend their sponsor Jonathan. One thing I want to let them know is that, if they are not satisfied because Sahara Reporters has exposed their secrets, they should carry out private investigations themselves, to ascertain the true position of this magnitude allegation. Time shall definitely tell.
BB all the way.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by BabaTony: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2011
Quote from: BabaTony on Yesterday at 04:19:25 PM
I have to say this, Nigerians just like ranting when things go bad, at the end of the day  throw away the baby with the bath water, when jega posponed the elections, most ppl called for his head, CRUCIFY HIM , CRUCIFY HIM, but now the election have come and the same ppl are commending him. Na waoo. this i am saying because ppl think the problem of nigeria is the PDP, but soory to say no, it is NOT, if tmrw another party controls the centre, we would all be saying the same thing about them. there are some good eggs in PDP, Nigeria dont throw away the baby with the bath water, vote in good PDP candidates. i will to keep this my small write up for prosterity purpose, when that time comes. and please i am in NO WAY campaigning for PDP, I am campaigning for ppl to CHOOSE WISELY their leaders

And which good PDP candidates are you talking about? I hope you don't mean GEJ, the former loyal deputy to Alamco. GEJ the former vice president who couldn't assert himself even when his oga was on life-support. GEJ, the rubbish president who has nearly bankrupted the country running his campaign and patronising his corrupt PDP friends. Jonathan who bribes and settles bombers while ignoring the suffering of his Niger Delta people. Goodluck who parties with criminals, GEJ the friend of IBB, Anineh and Obasanjo.

No amount of lies can panelbeat his record. Nigeria deserves a better president. Either Ribadu or Buhari, any one will do. But PDP must go.  

My dear friend, read my write up very you will see that i did not mention anybody's name, if you don't like GEJ, thats is your choice, others hate the ribadu and buhari you mention, having said that, my post borders on the way nigerians shout when things go wrong (we are all humans, including jega) without even giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. PDP will go one day if they don't get their axes right and another party will take over, but let us not live in utopia believing that another party will solve our problems, what solves are problem are good ppl. PERIOD!!!!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jmaine: 8:47am On Apr 12, 2011
fuke:

'@ to you GEJ men

Come Saturday, The North will show you   the depth of their political sophistication.

They told you they do not mind their Govs, their reps, their senators but they do not want this president.

After Jumat on Friday the table will turn.

[b]The emboldened is synonymous with incitement to violence if things go against them and will also encourage the resolve of the crude bombers who would want to go all out and enforce the Northern " I must rule syndrome" by throwing more bombs . .May their Bomb Shred their body and soul with that of their cohorts . .How sophisticated can the northerners be if a Jumat service by a bigoted imam tells them to do otherwise and vote along religious line, to me that is more of a zombie like control that lacks sophistication in all ramifications . .

I have Good news for You . .  We have the The North and The South while the votes of the North will be divided between The 3 Northerners with Buhari taking the majority and also GEJ sharing a percentage also, The South (SW = 70%  undecided ) stands United in our resolve to unleash our power where it counts . .Voting GEJ . . .and i Hope your Jumat service will largely influence places like Kaduna South, Abuja, Plateau, Niger , Adamawa, Kogi, cos if they be found lacking in those areas  . .then all i have to say to you is sorry in advance . . .

No Bomb throwing will stop the Goodluck Tsunami and i will be more than glad to hear famliar moans of Rigging [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Primary Election: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.