Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99555 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ede South Ward 3 Unit 2: Senatorial Result ACN - 6 , PDP - 24, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 11, PDP - 24, AP - 11.

Ede South Ward 3 Unit 9: Senatorial Result ACN -47 , PDP - 60, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 57, PDP - 22, AP - 20.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
Early results from Ogun State:

House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) has lost his bid to return to the Federal House of Representatives. Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello loses Senate race.

Going by the results in this state, the ACN has will take over from the PDP as the dominant party in this state.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nigeria-decides-2011-0
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by fatherab1: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
kaycee0604:

Ede South Ward 3 Unit 2: Senatorial Result ACN - 6 , PDP - 24, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 11, PDP - 24, AP - 11.

Ede South Ward 3 Unit 9: Senatorial Result ACN -47 , PDP - 60, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 57, PDP - 22, AP - 20.

PLS ALWAYS PUT STATE AT LEAST
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Doyin2(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Please include the state in your results.

kindly tell us were Ede is,thanks!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ede is in Osun State
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Doyin, don't tell me you don't know where my hometown is on the map. Ede is in Osun state - it shares border with Oshogbo in the south.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by k9ine(m): 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
Very Goooooood.
In Ward 3, (opposite the street leading to Gov. Uduaghan's House) Warri South LGA, DPP won the Senatorial and House of Rep. election.
This did not come easy as the Returning officer after counting, packed her items and said she was going to INEC office to collate them.
People stopped them from doing so, Joint TasK Force came in, chased people away, but the agents explained things and insisted that the result be announced there. The appeal fell on good ears and it was later collated and announced at about 2030 Hrs.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
Wadeoye:

Imagine CPC scoring more than PDP in some polling units in Lagos. Next week will be very interesting - I can see CPC surprising the nation.

To buttress your point,in the polling unit I cast my vote,ACN had 127 votes,CPC 48,PDP 22 in New Oko Oba Area in Ifako Ijaiye LG of Lagos state.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2011
k9ine:

Very Goooooood.
In Ward 3, (opposite the street leading to Gov. Uduaghan's House) Warri South LGA, DPP won the Senatorial and House of Rep. election.
This did not come easy as the Returning officer after counting, packed her items and said she was going to INEC office to collate them.
People stopped them from doing so, Joint TasK Force came in, chased people away, but the agents explained things and insisted that the result be announced there. The appeal fell on good ears and it was later collated and announced at about 2030 Hrs.

Yes ooo God save my State.

NO TO PDP,
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ijebu north L.G.A, ago iwoye ward 05,igan road- Senatorial - ACN-145, PDP- 54, PPN-13, ANPP- 2. Federal house postponed
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Finecat(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

Early results from Ogun State:

House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) has lost his bid to return to the Federal House of Representatives. Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello loses Senate race.

Going by the results in this state, the ACN has will take over from the PDP as the dominant party in this state.

OMG! This will be great. Kpomo and Ijongbon both both kicked out of leadership. Nigerians I hail thee! I throw salute!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by goggs(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
Fellow Nairalanders, this is reporter Citizen Goggs reporting from a polling center in an area council outside Abuja.
The INEC officials came early, accreditation was over for me within one minute of arriving the polling unit (around 10.30am). Several people were streaming in casually to get accredited. The polling clerks were divided into four groups so accreditation was really smooth and almost looking unserious. Considering that our polling unit had about a 1,050 persons and more than 600 came out to vote, I thought things were a lot calmer than I thought. I went back home for my breakfast and prepared for a long day ahead.

Voting started at exactly 12:30 pm. The Presiding Officer, a petit, cute looking female corper, did a good job of control and direction-I was impressed. She was able to direct everybody well. Considering they lost some of their colleagues in the Suleja Bomb blast, they comported themselves well. While voting was going on, several voters would send for chilled bags of ‘pure water’ which were passed round. Someone jokingly asked if it was a bribe, the reply was almost unanimous, woe betide any party to cheapen voters with ‘ordinary’ pure water. I drank three free ‘pure water’ during the course of the vote and bought for myself and a couple of voters also.

Was able to vote within an hour and a half of arriving, the cubicle was well placed and my voting was done in secret. The boxes were placed in public and hence I voted in public. After voting people would shake each other’s hands and congratulate the voter as though it was a climb to Mount Everest. I must have received up to five handshakes and ignored like three others.

Vote counting began at exactly 4 pm. We gathered like five meters from the ballot box. First it was the sorting. There were slight arguments on some cases of disqualifications. Party sympathizers were vocal that votes for their party were not nullified even when it was glaring that ought to be the case. Sanity was restored by an old man with a booming voice (must have been like 100 decibels) reminding everyone that the job of determining invalid votes were those of the agents and polling officers to make; ours (voters) was to watch. Soon voters and officers were unanimous as to what constituted voided votes and the sorting and counting resumed. The results? PDP won the senate vote while CPC won the house of representatives. It was clear that voters despised the PDP candidate for the Rep seat and they showed it.

Counting finished at around 6 pm. As soon as the last vote was counted and recorded, a round of applause broke out and voters shook hands.
Senate PDP 154 CPC 145
H of R CPC 175 PDP 147

Looking forward to next Saturday

Citizen Goggs reporting.

Over to you, Seun, at the headquarters of Nairaland News Network
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ajiifixing(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
Where is BEAF AND HIS ILKS ?    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
@goggs: That was excellent reporting. Thanks a lot.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ACCAPROF: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2011
Oyinlola out, Dimeji out, David Mark out, Iyabo Obasanjo Out, am so elated. Am so happy to be part of this history---this is electoral revolution indeed.
Come next week----------Sai Buhari
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Vigilante: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
Beaf is busy thump printing at night
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
ACCAPROF:

Oyinlola out, Dimeji out, David Mark out, Iyabo Obasanjo Out, am so elated. Am so happy to be part of this history---this is electoral revolution indeed.

For real? Please post figures if you have them. This is looking good.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ogogo24(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
Change is inevitable!

God bless Nigeria.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by KakiP(m): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Akamili Umudim Anambra State-CPC-309,APGA-45,ACN-8
Prof Nonso Mojekwu Winner in that Ward,CPC is doing good.PDP Beware!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by isquar3d3(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
good work citizen glogg. Meanwhile twitter is
agog wit news dt both oyinlola and omisore of osun state lost 2 their respective ACN opponents. Cnt confirm if its official or nt bt goin by results so far, it wldnt be farfetched. My only prayer is that God shld prevent d 'Ido_osi' kind of riggin frm rearin its ugly head ds nite.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by alexleo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
Three booths i was able to get in achara layout enugu-
house of rep:
PDP - 68 , 66 , 92.
PDC - 21 , 20 , 30.
Acn - 6 ,   13 ,  8.
Apga 13 ,  7 .   10.

Senate -
PDP - 63 , 62 , 84.
PDC - 31 , 28 , 31.

Thats the much i have for now. The election was quite free and fair. Many thanks to GEJ for appointing Jega and giving him a free hand to work without interfering like OBJ in Iwu's case. God bless Jega too and Nigerians.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ACCAPROF: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by omanzo02: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
ajiifixing:

Where is BEAF AND HIS ILKS ?    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Beaf is alive and well I believe, for your information, Beaf have never been elated nor wasted his energy about NASS election, but he is ethusiastic supporting GEJ for the presidency, so wait till next week to call him out for anything. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by sheriffman(m): 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
ACCAPROF:

i love this pls can u give me a link.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
IS DAVID 'MISADVENTURE' MARK REALLY OUT?
SOMEONE SHOULD CONFIRM LET ME ROLL OUT THE DRUMSSSS
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Kilode1: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
1758: Our reporter in Owerri reports that former Aviation Minister has asked men of the SSS to stop the result of her polling unit from being taken to the INEC Office. Mrs. Chikwe was apparently losing the vote to APGA's Christina Anyanwu.

If my South East people cannot stop PDP idi/ots and looters from rigging election and stealing their votes, then they only have themselves to blame.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 3kay945(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
Its here!,, the much expected change.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by BravoZulu1: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
Feelers coming in indicate that Borno state governor, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff has lost out in his quest to return to the senate seat. Wild Jubilations in Maiduguri. Change is inevitable. the votes of the people is in action. Weed out the moles in our nations progress.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by goggs(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
Nicklee:

@goggs: That was excellent reporting. Thanks a lot.

Thanks. Just doing my duty as a citizen of this underrated, unappreciated and unloved country
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tunnytox(m): 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
bye bye to PDP the party of looters! cheesy cheesy
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
goggs:

Thanks. Just doing my duty as a citizen of this underrated, unappreciated and unloved country

Aww thats touching
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Profkenny1(m): 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
where I exercised my enfranchisement in ward 5 in Ibadan North,Oyo State,these are the results:
Reps: ACCORD-115, ACN-190, PDP-29
Senate: ACCORD-129, ACN-162, PDP- 37.
at last,PDP is fizzling out of our dear nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Horrifying Pictures Of The Liberian Civil War. (caution) / PDP Presidential Primary Election: Live Updates, Results And Situation Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.