Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,273 members, 7,780,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:38 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99435 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by doja(m): 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
Saraki out! God is good finally my state is going to be liberated.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by meine: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
You guys should also report states where PDP is leading or winning too, Lets make these commentaries as objective as possible. As far as we know ACN and CPC are only performing where we expect them to perform , there is no major tsunami yet IMO
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
bye bye pdp

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
I dey laugh Oo!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by isquar3d3(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
gengen. E don dey happen. Dem don seize light 4 collaction centre 4 osun. Security has been beefed up. D real counting is about to begin. I laugh in hebrew.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by SweetT1: 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
meine:

You guys should also report states where PDP is leading or winning too, Lets make these commentaries as objective as possible. As far as we know ACN and CPC are only performing where we expect them to perform , there is no major tsunami yet IMO

We are NOT!! it's about Nigeria tonight. If you want to be PDP-objective i'll send you a bus ticket to OBJ's house where you can cry with them.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
meine:

IT IS A LIE, NO ONE EXPECTED ACN TO WIN IN KWARA OR OGUN STATE.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by OAM4J: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^ or CPC to win in Aso Rock
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
[size=20pt]THE NIGERIA OF MY DREAMS WHEN PDP IS BURIED
WHEN THERE IS LIGHT IN EXCESS!!
[/size]

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
Well,am reporting from my area of coverage&its ACN all the way here. .
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by vladimiros: 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
any news on cross river
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
Any update on Delta State?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by naijaking1: 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
Patient guys, patient. Wait for full reports or till when results are called by constituted authorities. So far, so good, win or lose grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
Any update on Abia State?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by doja(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
What Tsunami can be more than this?

ACN leads in Ogun polls
Headlines Apr 9, 2011
….Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello,  Bankole on their way out of National Assembly

By Kolade Larewaju, Abeokuta
EARLY results coming in from polling units after Saturday’s election in Ogun State indicate a sharp lead by the Action Congress of Nigeria [ACN] across the state with the Peoples Democratic party [PDP] and the Peoples Party of Nigeria [PPN] trailing behind with a huge difference.

Results from polling units in former President Olusegun Obasanjo ward 11, indicate that he lost woefully. Indication also emerged that while Senator Iyabo Obasanjo Bello may have lost her seat to Gbenga Obadara of the ACN, the Speaker of the House of Representatives; Mr. Dimeji Bankole may also be on his way out for the ACN candidate; Segun Williams with the early results.

At the African Church Grammar School, Ita Iyalode in Abeokuta where the former President and his daughter  Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello voted for the Senatorial election, the ACN polled 167 votes while the PDP polled 64 and PPN; 5 votes. At the Agbeloba polling unit, directly opposite the head office of Obasanjo Holdings; ACN 191, PDP 36 and PPN 10 while at the African Church Primary school where Senator Ibikunle Amosun of the ACN voted, his party scored 259 votes as against PDP’s 40 and PPN’s 9 votes respectively.

At Ita Elega also in Abeokuta North of Obasanjo, the ACN polled 305 as against PDP’s 110 and PPN’s 97 while at Obafemi Owode Local Government Primary School in Adigbe the ACN polled 482, the PDP polled 143 and PPN 123.

In Abeokuta South where both the Senatorial and House of Representatives took place, early result showed that the ACN was leading for the two seats. In Ago-Oba ward 13 where Chief Osoba voted, the CAN had 159 for the House of Rep and 182 for Senate while PDP had 38 for Rep and 40 for Senate while the PPN had five for Rep and nine for Senate.

Also at the African Church primary school Idi-Aba in ward 9, for the House of Representatives, ACN had 152 votes, PDP 83 votes, PPN 12 votes and CPC 3 votes while in the Senate polls, ACN scored 177 as against PDP’s 57 and PPN’s 19.

At the Isote Ward in Sagamu where Governor Olugbenga Daniel voted, the ACN was also victorious with 121 votes as against PPN’s 118, PDP’s 90 and Labor Party’s 27 In ward 3 of Ifo Local Government Area where only the Senatorial election took place; ACN polled 335 votes in the senate as against 75 by PDP and 75 for PPN while in the House of Representatives; ACN polled 326 as against PDP’s 58 and PPN’s 65
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kehneah: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
sporadic shooting and burning down of INEC'S building at Abeokuta
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by otokx(m): 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
let us wait for counting to be finished. the collation center should be on private generator 24/7 for this period.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ekea2001: 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
grin - thumbs up Jega.Stay until ur vote is counted.1-5hrs of wait viz-a-viz 4yrs of torture.Desperate to c change!Desperate to c change!!U never know what Nigeria means to the rest of the world until u travel.2 good to be tru. again thumbs up Prof Jega.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by meine: 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2011
enyojo:

IT IS A LIE, NO ONE EXPECTED ACN TO WIN IN KWARA OR OGUN STATE.

Sweet T:

We are NOT!! it's about Nigeria tonight. If you want to be PDP-objective i'll send you a bus ticket to OBJ's house where you can cry with them.

I am a CPC voter but i will rather err on the side of caution, except CPC pulls some heavy wins in NW,NE, and NC then PDP will still have the majority in the SENATE. This is what i am talking about, reason for once and stop behaving like kindergarten students

WHERE ARE THE RESULTS OF KOGI, ENUGU, ADAMAWA, BAUCHI, BENUE, AKWA IBOM, TARABA, RIVERS, EBONYI, ABUJA And other PDP dominated states?, Show me these results then i can throw a party nairaland.
 grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by lansha2006: 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
Indeed the time for CHANGE is here and it is now. No more complacency. It is time to say to the ruling party, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
Borno/Maiduguri M. C./Bolori I/Tsoho Mai Kwano I
Election Type: Sen
INEC Officials' Arrival: Late
Voters Material's Availability: Yes
Voting: On time
Vote Counting: Late
Results' Announcement: Late
Violence: No
Fraud: No
Police Behaviour: Helpful
Result: ANPP=47 CPC=56 PDP=274 OTHERS=Nil

Kano/Fagge/Fagge B/Fagge Sps Xiii
Election Type: Rep
INEC Officials' Arrival: On time
Voters Material's Availability: Yes
Voting:
Vote Counting: Yes
Results' Announcement: Yes
Violence: No
Fraud: No
Police Behaviour: Helpful
Result: acn=5 anpp=31 cpc=37 mppp=1 pdp=48
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
meine:

I am a CPC voter but i will rather err on the side of caution, except CPC pulls some heavy wins in NW,NE, and NC then PDP will still have the majority in the SENATE. This is what i am talking about, reason for once and stop behaving like kindergarten students

WHERE ARE THE RESULTS OF KOGI, ENUGU, ADAMAWA, BAUCHI, BENUE, AKWA IBOM, TARABA, RIVERS, EBONYI, ABUJA And other PDP dominated states?, Show me these results then i can throw a party nairaland.
 grin

I understand your point. But why shouldn't we celebrate. So far PDP has lost some zones and that is something worth celebrating. Even if they end up winning majority in the senate (which I seriously doubt), the results so far are enough grounds to throw a party!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by otokx(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
soldiers should be near the collation centre to provide security.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ashafa declared Lagos East Senator Elect,David Mark just lost 7 out of 9 LGs. . .sporadic gunshots around INEC Office in Abeokuta,office allegedly burnt
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jalingo,BARADE WARD,k/yakubu pu,
Rep - Pdp30 Acn15,cpc461,Lp1.K/wakilin tasha pu,
Reps - ACN1,CPC462,PDP15,ANPP3.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by mcgboye(m): 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
Reports confirmed from NN24 has it that there has been sporadic shootings at INEC office in Abeokuta. INEC office burnt down. Can someone pls confirm this, please. This is my state and I was already celebrating the apparent sweep of change.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Kilode1: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dotman01:

Saw this on FB dnt knw actually hw autenthic it is --
Prof Olusola
Adeyeye (ACN) defeats Olagunsoye
Oyinlola; declared Senator-elect 4 Osun
Central Senatorial district #
NigeriaDecides

Babajide Chris
Omoworare (ACN) defeats Iyiola
Omisore (PDP); declared Senator-elect
for Osun East Senatorial District #
NigeriaDecides

I'm excited for Prof Adeyeye! this is from his FB page:

I won! Four years ago, the merchants of do-or-die politicking did not allow me to vote for myself. Today, They have been soundly defeated in all 10 local governments of Osun Central Senatorial District. Now we must give Nigeria a worthy senate. Thank you God!

The Otitoleke of the House of rep is back at the Senate. Iba!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
Utako 002 Abuja
Reps - CPC 269, PDP162. APGA 36, ACN 49, NTP 11, ANPP 13, LP 27:
Senate - CPC 243, PDP 190, APGA 33, ACN 21, LP 33
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by apoti(m): 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
any reports from Benue and Plateau ??
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
meine:

grin

I AM FROM KOGI, THE PDP IS GASPING FOR SURVIVAL AS THE ANPP AND CPC ARE FAR AHEAD OF IT.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2011
Any update on Abia or Delta?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
Reports confirmed from NN24 has it that there has been sporadic shootings at INEC office in Abeokuta. INEC office burnt down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply)

AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble / Chiwetalu Agu Before And After DSS Arrest (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.