Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You (1464 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by feelgood(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
All hail the Asiwaju - the democrat of the year!

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3873%3Ano-hiding-place-for-obasanjo-says-buhari&catid=308%3Aheadlines&Itemid=600
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by feelgood(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
"Meanwhile, hours before the National Assembly elections, ACN leaders are in a dilemma over the fate that awaits the political fortune of its national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Saturday.

Tinubu’s wife, Oluremi, is contesting for the Lagos Central Senatorial District seat on the party’s platform.

But, some young turks in the party have vowed to ensure her defeat over the way she was imposed during the primaries in January.

A sample of their anger was shown last Saturday when they voted against her before the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, shifted the polls.

Lagos Central district is made up of Lagos Island, Lagos Mainland, Eti-Osa, Apapa and Surulere, Governor Babatunde Fashola’s constituency.

Several meetings held to pacify the aggrieved members, majority of whom have joined the Labour Party (LP), have proved abortive.

To Tinubu, Fashola is sponsoring them against his wife. This is because of the general belief that all the National and state Assemblies candidates were imposed by Tinubu and the 40 state lawmakers may give Fashola a tough time in his second term, hence the need by the governor to sponsor candidates in another party “to balance the equation in the Assembly so that Tinubu’s loyalists will not continue to hold him to ransom,” said a source.

The former governor, when he saw that the voting pattern did not favour his wife before the postponement last Saturday, warned Fashola to go and pacify them immediately, saying if his wife loses on Saturday, he may be forced to work against the governor on April 26.

In fact, Mrs. Tinubu was trailing the LP candidate, Dapo Durosimi-Etti. The trend of the protest votes over imposition manifested last year when a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Gbenga Oshin, defeated the ACN candidate in the rerun for the vacant Assembly position in Ikorodu, seen as the stronghold of the ruling party.

Though, some ACN leaders are feigning ignorance of LP popularity in the state, those in the know say they are only economical with the truth".
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by edoyad(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
All these news stories, don't know what to believe anymore
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by EzeUche(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
We can all believe that Tinubu is a megalomaniac who only desires power that can be kept within his family.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by seal777(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
This is just the begining of the end of Tinubu in lagos b4 he becomes another obasanjo on our neck wit imposition of candidates contrary to d tenets of democracy, It is too late as i for one will never vote tinubus wife. DURO FOR SURE
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Xfactoria: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
How does he want to work against Fashola?

Lagosians have already made up their minds on Fashola, so all these Tinubu's ranting will not change anything.

We will vote out his wife, Fashola will win and nothing will happen!
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by EkoIle1: 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
These clownish and comedic stories are getting played out. These bored clowns obviously have nothing better to do with their time,
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by AljUche: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

These clownish and comedic stories are getting played out. These bored clowns obviously have nothing better to do with their time,

please don't be silly here
X-factoria:

How does he want to work against Fashola?

Lagosians have already made up their minds on Fashola, so all these Tinubu's ranting will not change anything.

We will vote out his wife, Fashola will win and nothing will happen!

gbammm

thank you
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Johns83: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
All you stupid people carrying False Rumours, you are actually the enemy of progress. Tinubu never goes on camera to defend himself, he only ignores all the stupid messages, and that proves a maverick of the politician he is. When I watched the latest video just released today however, by saharareporters about Tinubu, I got convinced that all these rumour mongering are just plots of the PDP to cause disarray in the ACN Party. Even Fashola has been sending out bulk text messages of how he respects Tinubu and that all those tales are lies. Even the sahara reporters guy doing the interview who was initially trying to capture tinubu in a corner with his questions obviously realized that this man is actually making sense and it would just show his stupidity if he continues speaking pessimistically and he himself started supporting tinubu's answers.

Here goes the SMS I received this morning: "I, Gov. Fashola (SAN) reject the impression of me created by d opposition-sponsored sms messages. I am not a duplicitous person & I stand solidly by my Mentor & Hero of Democracy Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Remember - A vote for PDP or Labour is a vote against me. Please vote only for ACN Candidates. Thank you. BRF."

I believe if we receive hate messages and we don't go ahead to try to verify the authenticity we are as bad as the people that sent the messages ourselves.

I am sure the guy that started this thread is a PDP sponsored guy and if you keep giving him the credit without questioning the authenticity or where he gets the facts from then, he is the enemy instead.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by efisher(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2011
The story is twisted. If Tinubu works against Fashola is he not working against himself? Some of these propagandists do not even know how to cook up a story.

BTW, This text message caught my attention:
Johns83:

"I, Gov. Fashola (SAN) reject the impression of me created by d opposition-sponsored sms messages[b]. I am not a duplicitous person & I stand solidly by my Mentor & Hero of Democracy Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu[/b]. Remember - A vote for PDP or Labour is a vote against me. Please vote only for ACN Candidates. Thank you. BRF."

So how come people have crucified Ribadu for acknowledging Tinubu but none of them has crucified Fashola for acknowledging the same man? Fashola has built a reputation that is hard to fault. This is food for thought for the politically naïve.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by HOLU77: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
I believe if we receive hate messages and we don't go ahead to try to verify the authenticity we are as bad as the people that sent the messages ourselves.

I am sure the guy that started this thread is a PDP sponsored guy and if you keep giving him the credit without questioning the authenticity or where he gets the facts from then, he is the enemy instead.[color=#990000][/color]

Thank you, just leave them by the time INEC release the result of NASS those enemy of progress will bite their finger. The game starts 2morrow. Watch out !!!!!!
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by otokx(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2011
Media people are just making money churning out all this rubbish stories
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Johns83: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
This feelgood and seal77 have just been posting various unrealistic things on nairaland. If you follow their consistency you will realize that they are just here on nairaland to support their candidate and damage everyone else even dogmatically. who i guess is goodluck. Unfortunately, Nairaland will only provide about 0.5% of the total people who will vote in Nigeria.

At lest if you want to do propaganda, you can still do it a bit intelligently by swaying a bit here, a bit there but this way and by just posting stupid things that sounds like mere jokes, you're just blowing your cover.

Today is even the worst day for you all to post a stupid joke like this, your link is not even working and a tinubu video just got released today and many people can now see under the blanket.

Jobless folks. Sorry to sound abusive but I'm very angry. Are we even sure you are not some of those journalists that got that bumper journalist package from Goodluck.

I believe the game is between buhari, ribadu and shekarau. Nigerians anyone out of these people you honestly think can take you to the promise land, vote for that person.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2011
looooooooooool, tinubu, i they laUGH, this same tinubu that get almost all the contracts in lagos state, doing shitty work again, abegi go and sleep, u want to become the next saraki ehnn? but thank you sa for helping fashola become a governor in lagos, you deserve that credit, but sa dnt become the saraki o
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by seal777(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
If u havent lost memory yet, do u remember U have right to ur opinion yl i have right to mine as a registered voter.

Easier said than done.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Xfactoria: 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
Johns83:

All you silly people carrying False Rumours, you are actually the enemy of progress. Tinubu never goes on camera to defend himself, he only ignores all the silly messages, and that proves a maverick of the politician he is. When I watched the latest video just released today however, by saharareporters about Tinubu, I got convinced that all these rumour mongering are just plots of the PDP to cause disarray in the ACN Party. Even Fashola has been sending out bulk text messages of how he respects Tinubu and that all those tales are lies. Even the sahara reporters guy doing the interview who was initially trying to capture tinubu in a corner with his questions obviously realized that this man is actually making sense and it would just show his stupidity if he continues speaking pessimistically and he himself started supporting tinubu's answers.

Here goes the SMS I received this morning: "I, Gov. Fashola (SAN) reject the impression of me created by d opposition-sponsored sms messages. I am not a duplicitous person & I stand solidly by my Mentor & Hero of Democracy Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Remember - A vote for PDP or Labour is a vote against me. Please vote only for ACN Candidates. Thank you. BRF."

I am sure the guy that started this thread is a PDP sponsored guy and if you keep giving him the credit without questioning the authenticity or where he gets the facts from then, he is the enemy instead.

Will you shut your stinking tracts!!! What do you know about Lagos politics??

Every bit of the story above is true. I live in Surulere and I am deeply involved in its politics. Fashola can deny as much as he wants but those of us in his constituency knows the truth and are resolved to deal a heavy blow on Tinubu. I have not found one person on my street who wants to vote for Remi Tinubu!

You are one of the fools that blame PDP for everything bad and praise the opposition for everything good.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

please don't be silly here

gbammm

thank you

The stories are obviously comedic and silly and the folks paying them attention are equally silly,
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Johns83: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2011
@seal777 @feelgood my apologies. I actually believe everyone has their own opinions and should be allowed to do so.
i'm just an enemy of rumour mongering without facts.

@X-factoria I actually call myself silly and double slap myself in the face for paying people like you an atom of attention. I'm not ready to deplete my mental capabilities by engaging in a discussion or argument with you, so let the one-sided conversation begin. Have fun.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Lagosboy: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
Remi Tinubu desreves to lose woefully, in fact i am really hoping she loses like hell Lagos islanders, mainlanders, surelere guys abeg vote for labour. Remi's loss will humble the chameleon lord of Bourdilloun, it will clip his wings and it will stop them from imposing candidates.

There is no proof that Fashola himself wrote those messages and in fact Tinubu can do it himself and even if fashola did it , it makes no difference as this is not about Fashola but about principles.

@xfactoria abeg rally all your guys and deal Remi a huge blow as she has no use in the senate except to go become a spectator. Tinubu is sending her to Abua so he can have more time for his many girlfriends in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by AljUche: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
Lagosboy:

Remi Tinubu desreves to lose woefully, in fact i am really hoping she loses like hell Lagos islanders, mainlanders, surelere guys abeg vote for labour. Remi's loss will humble the chameleon lord of Bourdilloun, it will clip his wings and it will stop them from imposing candidates.

There is no proof that Fashola himself wrote those messages and in fact Tinubu can do it himself and even if fashola did it , it makes no difference as this is not about Fashola but about principles.

@xfactoria abeg rally all your guys and deal Remi a huge blow as she has no use in the senate except to go become a spectator. Tinubu is sending her to Abua so he can have more time for his many girlfriends in Lagos.

i rather vote PDP then vote ACN so tinubu can be the overall ruler of lagos

in lagos PDP all the way
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by seanet02: 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
Another Yellow Journalism!!!
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by Odunnu: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2011
So LP was winning at the NASS election yet when I got a text msg to vote LP against ACN, they insisted PDP was behind the message. Didnt PDP field any candidate?why would PDP campaign for LP?Until maziFashola knows who his enemies really are,he'l just be punching air
Re: Tinubu To Fashola: If My Wife Loses On Saturday, I Will Work Against You by keyremotes(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2011
In my own opinion, Tinubu wants to use Fashola to win the gubanitorial seat
and at some point the house (made up of Tinubu loyalists) will them impeach him
over some frivolous matter.

Take it or leave it.

(1) (Reply)

Wikileaks: Ghana President, Mills, Accuses OBJ Of Stealing / Why Wole Soyinka Won The Nobel Prize! / Lagos Is A Success Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.