Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. (3193 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by TanishaN: 1:07am On Apr 10, 2011
Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “Three Persons Of God”.
By Chinwoki Mbadinuju
Saturday Sun, April 9, 2011 p.63-65

The name Pastor Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church Of God Ministries, has become a household one through his aggressive evangelism. Apart from seeing him on his numerous television programmes calling people to Christ, and God healing as many as should be saved, I had the first opportunity of his inviting me on his podium and shaking his hand on the stage at Awka, Anambra State. I was then governor of the state, and a few years back had been founding national president of Christian Lawyers Fellowship of Nigeria (CLASFON) and later national legal adviser of Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI). That was years after repentance, and membership of Pastor Paul Nwachukwu’s Grace of God Mission at Onitsha. I had fellowshipped a few times with Pastor Ayo Oritsajafor, the current national president of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).

For all those years, I loved and still love the things of God. I was the first to put signboards running from Onitsha to Benin, Onitsha to Owerri, Onitsha to Enugu, and other places, announcing that “Jesus is coming soon.” That was in 1984, the year of my repentance. When I became governor of the Anambra State, I started doing that which was used to. I initiated the popular Monday morning prayers with workers, live on radio and television, and in market places across the state. This has continued till today, and God has continued to bless Anambra for it. And by the grace of God, I whave grown in faith and written 15 Christian books and pamphlets, which are widely read within and outside the country. So one can say that I have grown from drinking “milk” of he word, to eating “strong meat” and, therefore, cannot be “babe” at the same time (Hebrews 5:12,13). This brief biography is necessary, so that ‘fathers in the faith’ will know we are all labourers in the same Lord’s vineyard (See Paul in Galatians 1 & 2).

Many people have obtained life through salvation of Christ, as ministered by Pastor Adeboye, although many others had also died during crusade stampede out of curiosity of many to have a glimpse of this apparently historic ‘man of God’. So talking as man and from the signs following Pastor Adeboye’s ministry, one could say that God called him. But has God called everybody in the ministry?

In the Book of Jeremiah 23:21, 26, 28, God Himself said: “I have not sent these prophets , yet they ran: I have not spoken, yet they prophesied…How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? Yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart… the prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream: and he that hath my “word” let him speak my “word” faithfully. For what is the chaff to the wheat, saith the Lord.”

I am so much interested in the quoted verse, which talks about the “word” of God. If the “word” which is the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers speak is not the “word” oF God, it cannot be for the purpose of perfecting the saints, and for the work of the ministry, or the edifying of the Body of Christ (Eph 4:11-13). In that case, both the speaker and the hearer of the word benefit nothing, and as Prophet Isaiah said in his book, Chapter 9 verse 16, “For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” And in the book of Hosea God warned: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

The above introduction is necessary to bring me to Pastor Adeboye’s teaching on the Personality of God, in terms of whether God is ONE PERSON, or whether God is THREE PERSONS; and whether our God has a NAME. if he does, what is his name? Pastor Adeboye is a Bible teacher and teaches how to pray too, and because he seems to be an expert in this subject, we must carefully analyse his teaching and bring it within the focus of what the Bible says, even as Christ himself admonished that we “search the scriptures, for in them ye thing ye have eternal life; and they are they which testify of me” (John 5:39).

In fully appreciating Pastor Adeboye’s teaching on the Personality of God, we must search the scriptures rather than depend on the “word of man” or such doctrines, which many ministers picked up from Bible schools and colleges.

In Pastor Adeboye’s “Open Heaven” Series, Vol. 11, 2011 – A daily guide to close fellowship with God titled, “Watch your works” of February 22, 2011, he admonished his flock as follows:
“To sustain your Christian life, you must watch against the wind of false doctrine blowing across the world in these end times.
“that some people teach that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one and the same Person manifesting in different ways.
“That some people teach that you must be baptized only in the name of Jesus Christ.
“That another reason people move from the truth into falsehood is that while being taught the truth, they never got grounded.
“That if you have a half-baked knowledge of God’s Word, you are giving room to the enemy to fill you with false doctrines.
“That if you see someone you know who was once in the truth but now preaches heresy take to your heels.
“If you try to convince the fellow to return to the truth, be very careful so that you are not swept off your feet.
“That ironically, those in error claim to be the ones with the truth and their members hold tenaciously to their error.
“And Pastor Adeboye finally asked: “Are you a victim of false doctrine? Call on the Lord to deliver you today. Run to a Full Gospel Bible-believing church for help.”

Before I comment on each of these 10 Pastor Adeboye’s prayer teaching points, as contained in his said monthly Prayer Book called “Open Heavens” of February 22, 2011, I want to make it known that Pastor Adeboye’s doctrines on the particular subject are at variance with the doctrines of Christ and his Apostles and Prophets, which I took time to detail, chapter by chapter, and verse by verse of the scriptures, even as Christ Himself enjoined us to do in John 5:39. Although it seems out of the ordinary to say that one is disagreeing with this man of God on the area of doctrines, which he is supposed to be an expert, we will see the difference when we read Pastor Adeboye’s book, and also read the three copies of my books on The Restored Church (Agenda for Church Reform) in which I fully discussed the doctrines and teachings of Christ and his apostles and prophets. I allowed the Bible to talk to us, but unfortunately our Pastor Adeboye did not think it important to even support anything he said with any Bible chapters and verses as I tried to do in these books.

The Restored Church (Agenda for Church Reform) a 552 page book, which is critical of the present day church doctrines, which are not based up on the teachings and doctrines of Christ and his Apostles.

The Restored Church (A wake-up call)
The Restored Church (Book Summary/Review)

These three books were published, and presented to the public on October 14, 2010 in Abuja, in an occasion chaired by the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (represented). The book on Agenda for Church Reform contains seven chapters and 552 pages. Chapter one contains themes such as “Continuing Steadfastly in the Apostles’ Doctrine”, “The Church’s Foundation”, “Who is Jesus”, “The Trinity”, “The Fall of the Church”, “Restoration of the Fallen Church”. Obviously, there would be no need for reformation and restoration if the church had not, by 312 AD, derailed and fallen into doctrinal errors. So we see that errors in the church did not happen today, although the church today appears to be the obstruction in the divine process of reformation and restoration.

We are here saying that although reformation and restoration started a long time ago, they have not ended, and rather continuing till today, and will continue till we come to Ephesians 4:26-27 when the derailed and fallen church might be “sanctified” and “cleansed” with the washing of water by the word, that “he (Christ) might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle, or any such things, but that it should be holy and without blemish.” This is the great goal of the church and Christianity. Anyone hindering this goal of Christ and his Church will discover that even the “gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt 16:18).

In the introduction of my said book, Agenda for Church Reform, I stated clearly the need for the church reform and restoration and that what we are reforming and restoring are the doctrines, teachings and practices of the church not preached by Christ and his apostles and prophets. Anything we say or do today that fail to conform with the apostolic time and period must be false doctrines. Martin Luther started reforming the church in 1517AD and the process has continued till today, as the Holy Spirit has led the sons of God (Rom 8:14) into their ministry as in Ephesians 4:11-12. when Martin Luther, in 1517AD, began his reformation, the like of our today’s pastors and teachers at that time opposed Martin Luther, calling him names and criticised him for following “every wind of doctrine”. But today, Martin Luther is reckoned as one of the heroes of Christianity, who withstood all deprivations, as St Paul detailed of his won experiences in 2 Corinthians 6:3-10: “Giving no offence in anything, that the ministry be not blamed. But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distress, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watching, in fasting…as deceivers, and yet true, as unknown, and yet well known, as dying, and behold, we live, as chastened, and not killed, as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing, as poor, yet making many rich, as having nothing, yet possessing all things.”

I gave reasons for continuing reforms and restoration in the church today, insisting that at a time when nations and institutions are engaged in efforts at reforms, as in economic reform, political reforms, electoral reforms, monetary system reforms and so on, is it not strange or curious that no one hears much about church (religious) reforms? Or can we sincerely say that the church, as it is today, has no need for any type of reforms?

It is in this connection that my books on restoration become very significant and coming at a time when, indeed, there is increasing need for the present church system, doctrines or teachings, beliefs, worship, and administration to be re-examined not minding the ecumenical strong and stiff walls as well as entrenched interests of church leaders all over the world. It si my considered view that they are not the church leaders of today that will lead the way in church reforms and restoration. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, is part of our liturgy and it is very instructive. The Pope cannot lead the reform and restoration, nor will church leaders down the line, who have managed to assume leadership at various levels of church organization. But we have already seen above from Isaiah 9:16: “The leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” They are the led that bear the brunt and get destroyed, and not the leaders who cause all the problems.

As I said above, although some reforms were started in 1517AD with Martin Luther and continued by; john Wesley, who preached holiness, and joined by Lutherans, Baptists, Presbyterians, Anglicans, Methodists, none of these divisions or denominations was able to achieve full reformation and restoration. Unless the church today reforms and restores, it may fall within the condemnation of our Lord, as God said in John 4:23: “the hour cometh, and now is, when true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.” The Lord had, in verse 22, made it clear that what the people worshipped “they know not”. We may try to exempt ourselves from those who worship “what they know not” but I say unto you that all are already included, and none today is exempted, not minding, which denominational church you attend, none is better than the other.

The anti-reform church leaders like many of today’s Pentecostal and establishment churches alike argue that there I nothing wrong with the way the churches or denominations they lead function. They argue that church, as an organisation, has made progress sin evangelism and in bringing people to Christ. But bringing people to Christ does not impress God. In fact, Christ had an occasion to rebuke the Scribes, Pharisees of his time and called them hypocrites because they “compass sea and land to make on proselyte (one covert), and when he is made you make him two- fold more the child of hell than yourselves” (Matt 23:15). Does this ring bell in Pentecostal ministries today? Will Christ not also rebuke the Scribes and “Pharisees” of today in our Churches as he did in Matt 23:15?

So God prefers that as a pastor or a Christian that you are well rooted in the doctrines of Christ and his apostles before you start evangelism to win souls for him (Christ). And that is why St. Paul admonished good training and grounding in the knowledge of God and how best he culd run the Christian race set before him, lest that by any means, when he has preached to others, he himself should be a cast away. Is it not possible that most, if not majority of our preachers and church leaders today’s, will be a “cast away” after they have taught others? (see 1 Cor. 9:27).

There is no doubt that Christianity of today has remained perverted, as it was by 312AD during the period we call the Dark Age, and not to continue church reformation and restoration would amount to disservice to God. The attitude of denominational churches that certain things they do wrongly did not matter is unfortunate. And trying to sweep things under the carpet and postponing the evil day have become the norm in the denominational churches.

For example, in baptism, which is one of the most important doctrines of the church of the Pentecost, the denominations today tend to trivialise it. Fro them it does not matter if one is baptised in the “name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.” Or one is baptised in the name of Jesus. Or a 3rd method going to baptise using both names, that is: 2In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, In Jesus Name”! Many churches combine the names so that unbelief. In spite of Matt28:19, all the baptism done by the apostles were done in the name of Jesus, which is what Matt28:19 say, the disciples having known that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are functions of “One God, “whose name in this Church Age in Jesus. No baptism is acceptable except it is done in the NAME OF JESUS, as in Acts 2:38, 4:12, 4:18, 5:42, 8:12, 10:48,19:5 you may also see Luke 24:46-47, Rom 6:3, Gal 3:27, 1Cor 1:13, 15, Col3:17, and Rev 22:16.

I challenge Pastor Adebayo, or any of his associates to show me in the Bible where any baptism was ever done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. No one can faint that practice in the Bible. Rather, all baptisms were in the name of Jesus Christ. And it is not is baptism only, but the name of Jesus Christ is also used to end all prayer made to the Father. (See John 16:23, which says: Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you).

Again Col3:17 make it clear: “Whatsoever you do in world or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.” It will amount to apostasy for any Christian to abandon, or depart from the doctrine or teachings of Christ and his apostles, because as the Bible says the church is built on the foundation of apostles and the prophets and Jesus Christ the chief comer stone as in Eph 2:20. Even St. Paul went further to curse anyone who departed from the apostles doctrine or teaching. He said in Gal 1:8-9. “Though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you, let him be accursed.” And in 1 Cor 2:10-11, Paul again said: “As wise master builder, I ave laid the foundation… for other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

The same St Paul, in 1 Tim 4:16, made it clear that doctrine saves as against some denominations, which teach that doctrine does not save, and that that matters is believing in jesus Christ. But we even know from the Bible that calling him “Lord, Lord” will not save anyone, nor make someone enter (See Matt 7:21).

Paul wrote the church saying: “Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine (teaching) continue in them: for in doing that thou shalt both save thyself, and unto the doctrine (teaching) continue in them: for in dong that thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee” (1Tim 4:16). And in 2 Tim 3:16 Paul again wrote: “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine.” So these modem Christian preachers and teacher must tell us where their own modern Bible tells them that apostolic doctrine and teachings divide rather than unite brethren in denominations. By the way, it is because of false doctrine that we have denominations, otherwise in the beginning it was not so; there were no denominations, but one Church, One body, one Spirit, One lord, one Faith, one Baptism, One God and Father of all (Eph3:3-6). Denomination means division, and where there is division there is no Spirit of God. Denominational or “Divided Churches” today are not part of what Christ or his apostles and prophets taught, Contention and divisions in denominations are condemned in the Bible in 1 Cor 1:10-15: indeed, another name for domination is division and contention, and the Angel said: “come out  of her my people and be your separate” (2Cor 6:17).

The only “name” the devil fears is the name of Jesus (see Acts 4:1416-17-18-30) and he laughs at Christians when they baptise and end their prayers in the Trinitarian formula of “Father, Son, and Holy Ghost”. The only name that disturb and distracts and defeats the devil and makes him tremble is the name of Jesus (see Acts 19:13-20; James 2:19), But Father, Son, and Holy Ghost” only describe Jesus as God in creation (Father), God in flesh (Son) and God that lives in believers as Spirit, as the Bible says in Rom8:14: “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.” The name of God in this Christian dispensation is Jesus ever as Christ himself testified in Rev 22:16.

Paul described this unity of God as “mystery of godliness” He wrote: “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; God was manifest in the Flesh, justified in he Spirit, seen of the angels preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received into glory.” If there was anything like “trinity” this was the best opportunity Paul had to have taught the “strange” doctrine. Nor will Paul ever have taught Trinity when our Lord had taught “Unity” in mark 12:29.

So, we now have the unfortunate introduction of the Trinitarian baptism and prayers in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which the church, in error, adopted at the Council of Nice in 325AD when bishops in the Christendom met to decide whether or not the church should adopt the Trinitarian baptismal formula. These ws a doctrine that had kept the Roman Church divided for too long. The matter was finally decided by voting, in which all the bishops were evenly split and Emperor Constantine, who was a nominal Christian but chairman of the Christian Council, was asked to cast a deciding vote, and he voted in favour of Trinity. Trinitarian doctrine was not preached by Christ, not by the apostles. It was picked up in the Fallen Church during the Dark Age, and the strange doctrine has refused to be dumped despite our Lord’s clear statement in support of the unity rather than Trinity of God in mart 12:29 “Hear O Israel; the Lord Our God is one Lord” (see also Ephesians 4:3-6 on the Unity of the Spirit, One Lord, One God. But today the church believes in Trinity of God. So, who says there is no need for reform and restoration?

It is the KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD that shall make a Christian an “OVER-COMER” AND A “PERFECT-MAN,” with THE MEASURE OF THE STATURE OF THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST.

The Bible contains different level of revelations of the Lord.
• As the HOLY CHILD JESUS (Acts 4:27)
• As the CARPENTER’S SON (Matt 13:55, mark 6:3)
• As the SON OF GOD (John 10:36).
• As the GOD to the over-corners (Rev 21:7)
• As the GREAT GOD (Titus 2:13)
• As the TRUE GOD (John 17:3)
• As the LORD ALMIGHTY (Rev 1:8: 2Cor 6:17-18)
• As  the FATHER ( John 10:30, 14:9, 2Cor 6:17, 18)
• As He called Himself, THE LORD GOD of the Holy prophets (Rev 22:6, 16)
• As  the Bible says “THE LORD (JESUS CHRIST) IS THAT SPIRIT” (2Cor3:17)

Every one must decide on which level knowledge OF THE SON OF GOD one is operation. Are you on the level of “Holy Child,” or “SON or GREAT GOD” or “TRUE GOD,” or “LORD ALMIGHTY,” or “FATHER”? Many Christian will never the FAHTER ALMIGHTY because it is not given to them to know, (See Matt 11:27; Mark4:11-12) “All things are delivered unto Me of my Father and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father. Neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and hwe to whomsoever the Son will revel Him” (Matt 11:27). And Jesus added to this in, Mark 4:11 telling the disciples that unot them “it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom; but unto them that are without. All these things are done in parables. That seeing they may see and to perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand lest all anytime they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them.”

HOWEVER, we see that JESUS IS LORD, GOD:

That the same God is Father (John 14:9, 2 Cor6:17-18; Rev21:7)
That the same GOD is SON (John 10:36; Heb 1:5)
That the same GOD, IS SPIRIT (2Cor 3:17)
HE IS ONE LORD AND ONE GOD! NOT TWO!! NOT THREE!!!. GOD IS ONE (UNITY); NOT THEREE (TRINIY) JESUS CHRIST AS MAN, being the express image of GOD’S PERSON (HEB 1:3), NOT PERSONS.

Lastly, and referring particularly to Pastor Adebayo’s 10 prayer points: it is now clear that “the wind of false doctrine blowing across the world in those end times” did not begin today. It started even in Christ’s days when in Matt 15:9 he condemned his hearers particularly the Pharisees and Scribes whom he said worshipped God “in vain” as they “teach for doctrines” the commandment of men.” Does commandment of men not mean “false doctrine”? Is this not what is going on in the churches today when Christ told the church that “God is one person,” no three persons” (See Mark 12:29 and Hebrews 1:3). Pastor Adebayo should lead his army of worshippers back to the doctrines of the church as preached by Christ and his apostles and prophet (Ephesians 2:20). To further show that false doctrine was there in St Paul’s time he warned the church, the Elders at Ephesus against “grievous wolves” that would enter the church ot devour the flock” (Acts 20:28-29). The “grievous wolves have already entered, we are only trying to “force them” out thought church restoration” (see John 16:23). The “grievous wolves” today would be those who refuse to accept the teachings of Christ and his Apostles and Prophets.

On the 2nd prayer point:

If some people teach that God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit are one and the same person they are right. If anybody does not teach that doctrine he is none of Christ and does not belong to the Church of the Pentecost. My books on church restoration are full of Bible passage to support this view. If any Bible teacher is not teaching according to Christ’s doctrine, he should now embrace the truth and abandon his Bible School indoctrination and let his church assembly grow in the knowledge of who Jesus really is.

The teaching that Christian baptism must be done in the name of Jesus Christ only Biblical and is rue as all baptism in the Acts of Apostles were done in the name of Jesus. ( See my analysis above where we noticed all baptism in Acts of Apostle wee done in the name of Jesus right from Acts Chapter 2:38 to Acts 19:5 – more than seven (7) place and none was in the Trinitarian formula of “Father. Son, and Holy Spirit’).

So also in prayers, which must be to the Father through our Lord Jesus Christ, there should be no controversy about this (See John 16:23).

But with due respect I disagree with Pastor Adeboye that people move from truth into false-hood because they were not grounded in the truth. Rather people desert their church and move into a true living church because they have been taught by God, not Bible Schools. In these last days we will no longer be taught by our neighbours or even pastors for God Himself shall write in laws in our hearts (See Jeremiah 31:31-34).

Those who have half-baked knowledge of God’s word are mainly found in the denominational churches where all the “half-baked” Christians are waiting for perfection in the Restored Church. (Eph 5:26-28) It is only when you come out of it will you appreciate the wrong direction you have gone.

7/cool Furthermore, I do not share the pastor’s view that if you see anyone preaching heresy you should “take to your heels,  You should confront the devil, the spirit of heresy, and drive the spirit away from the victim I agree with James 4:7 that if you resist the devil he‘ll flee. You should also learn from what Paul did to the seven sons of Secheva (Acts 19:9-16), and Simon the Sorcerer, in (Acts 13:8-12) you  do not run from problem if God has called you to do a thing in Jesus name (not in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). Talking of heresy didn’t they call Paul a “Babbler” (Acts 17:18), which means somebody who is talking rubbish and who chatters idly in a confused speech, yet he (Paul) was God’s Chosen. 9) I agree completely with Pastor Adeboye when he said that “ironically, those in error claim to be the ones with the truth and their members hold tenaciously to their error.” What a wonderful way to think about all the denominational churches who came out of the “denominational pit” carrying with them all the denominational sand, mud, debris, dirt which when translated means: false doctrines, false teachings, hatred for others, envy, idolatry, witchcraft, wrath, strife, sedition, heresies which are part of the denominational creed and way of life (Gal 5:19-21) – From such turn away! (2 Timothy 3:5).

Just like “the scripture has concluded everyone under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe” so are all in the denominational churches  come under this influence of false doctrine, and everyone there needs to do what Pastor Adeboye prescribed, and that is “call on the Lord” for deliverance. But “running into a Full Gospel Bible-believing Church for help” may sound good but where will you find such.

Accusations of preaching heresy and repeating the old and decadent warning about Christians being  tossed about by every wind of doctrine-these warnings and threats are no longer problem to real believers in Christ. The church leaders’ warnings are only aimed at retaining their membership and continuing to feed them not with the real word of God, but with “over-night manna” that “bred worms, and stank” (Exodus 16:19-20).
Most of our preachers today preach in order to get clapping and applause from their audience. But Christ warned in his days that the praise and popularity – seeking teachers and preachers were on their own. Indeed he cursed them, “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you for so did their fathers to the false prophets (Luke 6:26).

It is evident that most church leaders in every Age cannot be different. These leaders answer “servant of God” not “servant of Christ” Apostle Paul was happy that he could be called the “servant” of Christ.” But whether God or Christ, both are One and the same.
We are told, in the book Philippians 2:6-11, that Jesus being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God; but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant , and was made in the likeness of men…” Being “in the form of God” is the same as being God, and Messiah (John 4:26). So, this passage provides the answer to the question how the Man, Jesus could be the God Almighty as more light is thrown into it by St. Paul’s “mystery of godliness” in 1Timothy 3:16.

Furthermore, in John 17:3 Jesus said: “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” Here our Lord Jesus Christ spoke as Man, with God in him. And in John 17:11 Christ (as Man) prayed to God for his followers, “that they may be one, as We are one. Here Christ is telling us that both Him and Father are One (as in John 10:30). “I and my Father are One.” As he also told Philip, in John 14:9: “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.” Even the deaf and the dumb, the blind and at heart should, from all that have been said, be satisfied about the truth of the relationship between Christ and the Father, and that the two are One, unity not Trinity. In terms of “every wind of doctrine wouldn’t Christ and St. Paul, who both kept the law before they preached grace be accused of being “tossed about by every wind of doctrine”? There shall always be “every wind of doctrine” whenever God gives new light and new insight as his Holy Spirit leads his people (Rom 8:14) into “The Present Truth” (2 Peter 1:12). This is the main message we have presented in the three volumes of The Restored Church, which we encourage every serious Christian, or even non Christians, to find time to read. The three books are free for the indigents. (Call 07031825859 for help).

And finally, I pray that Pastor Adeboye can find time out of his crowded engagements for us to have PRESS DISCUSSION on this subject of Personality of God/Tinity, whose topic is of paramount importance to the church, yesterday, today, and for posterity.

On the issue of those who are called “babe” in the Lord, of those who newly repented and who Pastor Adeboye categorized as “not being grounded” in the word of God, or who have “half-baked knowledge” and who could easily be filled with “false doctrines,” my question for the pastor is how old was Saul of Tarsus as a Christian before God called him into his ministry to the gentiles? In fact, we should hear him recant his experiences in the book of Galatians Chapter 1:6-24. Please make out time and chance to read this passage.

You may call Paul’s conversion or ministry to the Gentiles a great miracle, but God, who performed that miracle, is still on his throne, and he can do it again after Paul, but not by might nor by power but his Spirit, (Zech 4:6).

If God raised and used Paul the way he did, he is still well able to do it again in anyone, including this reader. Paul was fairly an old man when Christ called him, but the only experience he had was the persecution of believers. God transformed him from persecutor to the persecuted (Acts 21:27-28) fulfilling the word of God that God is not mocked, whatsoever a man sowed that he shall also reap (Gal 6:7). One very important thing Christian churches all over the world should know is that the church we talk about is owned by someone, in the form of a limited liability company. In the case of what we are talking about, the church is owned by Christ. In Matthew 16:18, our Lord made it clear that he will build his church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. By this declaration, Christ assured that he is the builder and the owner of the church. He has exclusive right over it by this declaration he is the head, owner, builder and founder of the church.

But if there is head, there must be body. So while Christ is the head, the church is the body. The Bible says that the church is built upon the foundation of the apostles and the prophets and Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone (Eph 2:20). But every effort of man has been to displace Christ from ownership of his Church. This is illustrated by Christ Himself in his parable or allegory in Luke 19:12-27, having set up his business he hired men to oversee the estate. But as soon as the Lord travelled, those he placed in charge conspired against him and revolted saying: “We will not have this man to reign over” (verse 14). But at the end, when the Lord returned, all those his enemies who revolted against Him were killed under the personal supervision of the Lord Himself (verse 27).
It is in such a disobedient bracket that the church and the Christians thereof have found themselves waiting to be destroyed, having disobeyed and revolted against the owner of the church for which “he gave his life as ransom for many” (Mark 10:45 and John 15:13) (See also Matt 25:1-13 & Jude verse5).

Ever since Christ established his church both God and man have not rested, as man fell into one disobedience or the other and attracted a just recompense for every transgression (Heb 2:2). For example, Christ Himself said that God is One, and that he is the express image of his (God’s) Person (Heb 1:3). And Mark 12:29, Christ Himself said again: “Hear, O Isreal: the Lord our God is One Lord.” And Ephesians 4:3-6, the Bible says: “There is One body, One Spirit, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father of all.”

But the response of Christians has been  to disagree with the owner and founder of the church, and to tell him that GOD is not ONE PERSON, but THREE PERSONS. So when Christ said GOD is ONE, the church HE founded countered that it  is not so, that God is THREE PERSONS, obviously trying to make GOD a liar! But “God forbid: let God be true, but every man a liar (Romans 3:4). Again rather than accept the UNITY of God, the church argues that God is in Trinity, not Unity, and that is after God Himself affirmed what he said in Mark 12:29 and Heb 1:3. But the church and her leadership cannot point even at one verse of the Bible, where Christ and His apostles and prophets taught Trinity instead of Unity of God.

In baptism, Christ charged his disciples to preach, teach and baptize those who believe, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The apostles and prophets of Christ went on evangelism and did what Christ commanded them to do and baptized all their converts in the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:38; 4:12; 5:42; 8:12; 8:16; 10:48; 19:5. Also Luke 24:46-47; Rom 6:3; 1 Cor 1:13, 15: Rev 22:16. See also Col 3:17, where the church is asked to do or say whether in baptism or in prayers, everything in the name of Jesus Christ). They did this because the disciples knew that the “name” of the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit is JESUS. But the church, after “Acts of Apostles” fell back to baptism in the Trinitarian formula, claiming they have authority from Matt 28:19 when the disciples, given the injunction, all went out and baptized all in the name of Jesus Christ. The church today claims that the apostles and prophets disobeyed Christ by not baptizing in the Trinitarian way. But this cannot be true because the Bible says: “The Lord worked with them and confirming all they said and did with signs following” (Acts 14:22; 1Cor 1:6; 2Cor 2:8; Rom 16:cool. Is it not better for the church to retrace their steps and get into the original teachings and doctrines of Christ, and our apostolic fathers on whose foundation the church was built (Eph 2:20)?

Finally, we have one more example of the disobedience of the church against Christ, the owner, and His apostles and prophets whose ministry was confirmed by the workings of the Holy Spirit of God. Paul commanded in 1Cor 14:34-38: “Let your women keep silence in the church: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also says the law…for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.” And in 1Tim 2:11-15, Paul again stated: “Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to “teach” nor to usurp authority over the man, but the woman being deceived was in transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in child bearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Some “learned” big time pastors and teachers say there was special problem in the Corinthians church, which Paul was treating and that what he said had no universal application. So the question is why then did Paul write similar verses to Timothy, as in 1 Tim 2:11-15, and others if the injunction was meant for only one church at Corinth? And if that is the case, it should have been that the disobedience of Adam and eve in the garden of Eden and the fall of human race as result should have also been limited to the husband and wife rather than have a universal or world-wide application.

Should we not then compare Paul’s commandment to the church on woman ministry with God’s commandment to Adam and Eve, which in her (Eve’s) wisdom, or foolishness, she became our first mother and first “woman preacher” to disregard the injunction of the Almighty, which brought about the said fall of human race? As the human race fell with Eve’s disobedience and supported by Adam, so also is the church heading towards the same fall by the disobedience of today’s women preachers again actively supported by their male counterpart, as it was in Eden. So as it was with Adam and Eve (See Gen 3) so it is today with women preachers and teachers, ordination of women as bishops, pastors and church leaders, in spite of Paul’s prohibitions and sanctions of God. So we see history repeating itself that by the disobedience of one woman the human race fell, so has the disobedience of women led to the apparent fall of the Church at this end time.
There are scriptural reasons the church should not depart form the apostles’ doctrine.
The Lord is coming again for a “glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle, holy without blemish” (Eph 5:27).

“For if the words spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him” (Heb 2:2).

So now we have seen the areas the church deviated from the original doctrine and teachings of Christ and the apostles, the book of Revelation has properly admonished the church in Chapter 2 verse 5: “Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first work.”

As I conclude, one thing that keeps propping up and ringing bell, as a central theme, is God himself. If the church today finally accepts that the name of the Christian God is Jesus (Revelations 22:16), the next huddle is whether this Jesus who is God is the same as God Almighty, as well as God the Father, who created all things and who at the end shall judge all men? (See John 1:1-3 and John 5:21-23).

It is here I rest my case, and I say, like John, the apostle, in Revelations 2:29, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches…”

Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by e36991: 7:43am On Apr 10, 2011
@post

If it's the same Chinwoki Mbadinuju Governor of Anambra State in Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2003,

elected on the People's Democratic Party's (i.e. PDP) platform.

Pfttt! abeggy make hin carry go sidon jor
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by hakunajay(m): 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Yahuwfemi: 1:07am On Apr 11, 2011
JESUS IS A FALSE NAME AND TRINITY IS FALSE DOCTRINE!
In these last days, there is so much confusion in Churches generally and that is the reason why we have innumerable denominations with different doctrinal beliefs and diverse theological perspective. However, we know this for sure, that the Most High is not an author of confusion (1 Coriinth 14:33)

First of all, you have to understand that the English Bible was translated from the Hebrews and Greek Scriptures. You need to be aware that the words like God, Lord, Jesus & Christ stemmed from pagan sources!  When our Messiah walked the earth, he was not known as Je’sus Christ! This may shock you but it is the truth!  He was from the tribe of Judah (Yahuwdah) of ancient Israel.

Secondly, that the name Je'sus is a Latin name which was "supposedly" a transliteration of the Messiah's Hebrew name, not from the main source (which is Hebrew) but from another polluted language; Greek. If you would do your research on this one, you will find out that in the first edition of the King James Bible in 1611, our messiah's name was not written as "Je'sus" What you will find is "Iesus"(pronounced as ee-ay-sooce)! You will also be shocked that the letter J was the last alphabet added to the English alphabets and it was less than 500 years old!

So, this point to us that he was never called Je'sus! His name was in Hebrew and should be left in Hebrew tongue! Now, do me favour, go look upon how the name Jesus is being written in the ancient or even some Bibles of today. It is written as "Je'sus (i.e Je and a suffix "sus"wink

This is a name in Latin! Check the meaning of "sus" in google translation and you will be shocked at what pops up into your face! The Pig!!!

This is the name you have been calling your Messiah which is a blasphemous name!!! They also told you that you could pronounce this name however you want in your own language thereby amounting to many blasphemous names!!! ( Rev. 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Since this name; Je'sus was derived from the Greek, many have speculated the possibility that it point towards "Zeus", who in Greek Mythology is the "father of gods and men" Zeus is one and the same Jupiter in Roman Mythology which means "godfather! It is also renderd in classical Latin as Iove or Jove, when pronounced would be Yahweh! This is another false name we were told to call upon by the religious leaders who are blind leading the blinds! 

Some say Je'sus means "hail Zeus" or "Ge-Zeus" but whatever it means, it did and does not convey the TRUE ESSENCE of the name of the Son of the Most High!

When Apostle Shaul(Paul) preached the gospel unto the Gentiles, i.e the Western world; they rebranded all the names according to their own local deities and forced their people to embrace the new found faith.   

For us to know the name of our Messiah in Hebrew, we need to go back to the Ancient Scriptures in Hebrew. As you would recall, our messiah said He came in His Father's name. So, what is His Father's name?

The Name of our Heavenly Father is written in the Hebrew Scriptures as יהוה ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Hay), reading from right to left, and is pronounced as YAHUWAH. I will implore you to go and do your research on the History of King James Version" or check the Preface of your KJV Bible if it has one, you will find that the translators admitted that they have removed our Heavenly Father's name;  יהוה which is rendered as 4 English letters YHWH (the tetragrammaton and substituted with a "device" called "The LORD", wherever it occurs in the scriptures.  Can you believe that our Heavenly Father's name appeared at least 6,823 times in the Scriptures! There has been an age-long conspiracy to hide His set-apart (holy) name from His people by the religious leaders of old and this irreverent act has continued till present time. "The Lord" is not a Name but a pagan title! Please check your Strong's Concordance Hebrew#1168; Lord=Ba'al

1 King 18:21 "And EliYah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if YaHuWaH be Elohim, follow him: but if the Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

See also Jeremiah 23:26-27 "How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten MY NAME for Baal."

The Father's name is erroneously renderd as "Jehovah" We know that this could not have been the case as letter J and V were not even in ancient or Paleo-Hebrew alphabets ! Letter J and V are recent yiddish influence on the Hebrew alphabet Yod and Waw respectively!

We have all been deceived for too long! We are instructed to study to show ourselves approved by the scriptures (2 Tim 2:15)

Let me inform you that the true name of our Saviour is YAHUWSHUWA (Not Jesus). The Son’s Name interprets as YaHuWaH is Salvation, which in Hebrew is written as יהושוע ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Shin, Waw, Ayin )reading from right to left, it is pronounced ; Yahuwshuwa ( or Yahushua). He is referred to as Yahuwshuwa Ha’Mashiyach (the Messiah). Remember Yahuwshua the Messiah said in John 5:43 “I am come in my Father's name ( Yahuwah is salvation), and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” Think about that for a minute!
U
The word “God” was translated from a Hebrew Word;  אלוהים (Elohim, CORRECT RENDITION would be ALAHYM) which has several connotations ; mighty one(s), an angel, judges, foreign mighty ones or deities. It also refers to the Most High Father, YAHUWAH.

YaHuWaH (Heavenly Father) also refers to His Son, YAHUWSHUWA as Elohim in the book of Hebrews 1:8 “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. “
In Conclusion, YaHuWaH, our Heavenly Father is the Supreme (True) Elohim! John 17:3 “ And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true Elohim, and Yahuwshuwa the Messiah, whom thou hast sent.”

THE TRUE NAMES ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR SALVATION!

Act 4-12” Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed IN THE NAME of the only begotten Son of YAHUWAH.”

John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through THINE OWN NAME which thou hast GIVEN ME, that they may be one, as we are.”

John “17:26 And I have declared unto them THY NAME, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Or are you in denial that he was actually called by the "Je-sus Christ" when he walked the earth?

Rev 3:8 "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast NOT DENIED MY NAME."(KJV)

Or do you also want to deny His name (Yahuwshuwa), now that I have explained all of these to you?

YAHUWAH = FATHER/SUPREME OR TRUE ELOHIM (ALUAHYM)
YAHUWSHUWA= THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF YAHUWAH
                                OUR SAVIOUR, THE MESSIAH, OUR KING

NOTE: TRINITY IS A FALSE DOCTRINE! IT IS ALL ABOUT THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN THE SON!

Shalluwm!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by KAYD007(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2011
@yahuwfemi

Where can one acquire the bible with the original names?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Donshegxy10(m): 3:52am On Apr 12, 2011
@op
jesus christ telling his disciples in matt 28:19
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, BAPTIZING THEM in the NAME OFTHE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
It is obvious, Maybe we should say this so called mr chinwoki mbadinuju know more than jesus christ then.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Donshegxy10(m): 4:11am On Apr 12, 2011
When you baptize them in the three names matt 28:19 and you check out 1john 5:7
for there areTHREE that bear witness in heaven; the FATHER, the WORD (son) the holy spirit; and these THREE are ONE.
That is the trinity brother, i think an ordinary sunday school student should know this.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Donshegxy10(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2011
I believe in the TRINITY!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Donshegxy10(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2011
I believe in the TRINITY!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Sweetnecta: 4:02am On Apr 15, 2011
thats three.

how is it One?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Bisijohn: 5:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Dr Mbadinuju must be ignorant of the bible. You need to know Jesus, who is the truth himself. Once you know the truth, it will set you free,John8:32. And you will believe all truths. You can not know more than Jesus himself, who says in Matt28:19," , baptise them in the name of the Father,the Son, and the Holy Spirit. At the baptism of Jesus Christ himself, the three personalities were present, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, Matt 3:16-17.

God says Gen1:26, Let us create man in our own image. Who do you think God the Father was referring to? The Trinity of course. John 1:1-3;Gen1:1-3, the bible says, in the beginning was the word ,and the word was with God, and the word was God. IJn 5:8, there are three that beareth witnesses in Heaven ,The Father,The Word and the HolySpirit.

I think with these few points you must be convinced and believe the doctrine of proper Baptism by immersion and Holy Trinity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by KunleOshob(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Pastor Adeboye is wrong on many of his doctrines but I seem to agree with him here. The trinity doctrine is unscriptural and derived from twisting of scripture+ mistranslations
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by Yahuwfemi: 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ KAYD007, you can go this website http://www.yahushua.net/scriptures to find out about the TRUTH of the Scriptures. You can also check out this website www.qadoshministry.com to listen to the WORD OF TRUTH undivided!

However, there is a Bible version called "The Scriptures" which has actually left the names of The Most High, our Father in Hebrew, which was written as יהוה , and His Son; the Messiah and Our saviour is also left as written in ancient Scriptures as יהושוע

I would personally advice you to stick with the Restored Name King James Version on-line version as the "The Scriptures" version has some undertone by translators clamouring for returning back to Torah ( i.e Torah Movement)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by REALTRUTH1: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2011
KunleOshob:

Pastor Adeboye is wrong on many of his doctrines but I seem to agree with him here. The trinity doctrine is unscriptural and derived from twisting of scripture+ mistranslations
@Kunlesoho,,,,,am confused by ur statement above,,,,who do you agree with here? Pastor Adeboye or Chimaraoke? You agreed the trinity doctrine is unscriptural and thats what the Governor is saying and Adeboye is saying otherwise. Can you let me know what you intend in the above statement? As far as am concerned as a Christian,,,am already at a point where I have personally lost respect for most Pastors,,,,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by KunleOshob(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2011
@realtruth

The OP was too long, I must have mixed things up.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by cexplorer(m): 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
Pastor Adeboye's teaching rests on BIBLICAL THEOLOGY while yours rests on APOLOGETIC THEOLOGY. Both are right and okay but each of you shall be judged or rewarded by the KNOWLEDGE of what you know via DIVINE REVELATION. Jesus had 12 disciples, only Peter knew his identity by divine revelation (Mathew 16.13-17) but all worked with him and all went to heaven.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Wrong On “three Persons Of God”. by shile4joy: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
This is coming late, the apostles baptize in Jesus Name. Please think about this.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Pastor Adebayo? / Do You Believe Mermaid Exist? / 5 Characteristics Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.