Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:35 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13201 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
[size=13pt]When INEC couldnt hold the elections last week, you hypocrites came to GEJ's defense and came for Jega's head.

Now INEC is conducting a free and fair elections, you hypocrites are now acclaiming that dumb-blonde-thinking president and ignoring who merits the praise - JEGA.

This shows you GEJ supporters are not only supporting deceit cos you are deceived by it, you're supporting deceit cos you're also deceitful.

Freaking Hypocrites sad sad sad

[/size]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by wealthlift(m): 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
Pls, since this man has shown that he can be trusted, let's vote massively for him next saturday!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
Hmmmm, not so fast, I can say that about Inec/Jega only for now because they have refused to play along. They insisted we stay behind to witness counting and to use our phones/cameras, despite contrary directives from some other FG agents.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dustydee: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
Adamuhassa:

Jonathan promised to allow a free and fair elections and although he knew that his party PDP is unpopular, he kept to his promise even at the expense of partisan politics. That shows he can be trusted to do what he says he would do if voted in. I therefore enjoin all right thinking people to vote for GEJ. I think as between GEJ and Buhari, GEJ is the lesser evil.
Why? so that he will recycle those that lost. Bankole as minister of finance, Obasanjo-Bello as minister of petroleum and so on.I no dey for that one, Abdulsalam handed over to civilian and today He is regarded as a legend and still contributing to national development, I believe GEJ will do better on the sideline.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by babadee1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
This is arrant nonsense and the people praising GEJ on this thread should be ashamed of themselves. When are we as Nigerians going to stop celebrating mediocrity and start valuing our rights as citizens? Are free and fair elections a privilege in a democracy or a right? Isn't that where true nation building starts from? If GEJ loses the presidential election and hands over peacefully with no fuss maybe we can start to evaluate him then. As of now, it's not over till it's over, infact it's just starting. Nigerians who continue to brave the odds to cast and defend their votes against threats, violence and intimidation are the ones who should be celebrated. They are the true heroes.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
I like GEJ as a person but he found himself in the wrong party. Four months ago I was a staunch GEJ supporter. When I weighed the fors and againsts, I decided that Buhari is the one we need to bring back the good old days of WAI ( War Against Indiscipline) and other anti-corruption measures.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by JimmyBoy1: 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
@dustydee na true oooo, so bankole can still be a minister. Then we must see this to the end, by ensuring GEJ does not win on saturday.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
@poster

Please keep your opinion to yourself.

Its not for you to tell us to trust GEJ. Besides you don't know what transpired between GEJ and Jega that made Jega threaten to tender his resignation letter.

GEJ is not the shining Knight you are trying to make out of him, the providence that threw him up as our president is also re-shaping our national polity not your demi-god you called GEJ.

keep fooling yourself.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
wealthlift:

Pls, since this man has shown that he can be trusted, let's vote massively for him next saturday!

When I throw a stick to the field and I tell my dog to fetch, he runs and brings the stick back to me. This has shown he can be trusted, please vote for him next Saturday too.

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
wealthlift:

With OBJ and IBB as his (GEJ) political godfathers he can never be trusted. Those old crooks 'll be running things from behind using GEJ as their errand boy. We need Buhari as our next president. Buhari has no affiliation to anybody. There'll be no pressure on him from any godfather except from us the electorates who put him there.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by engrkunlex: 6:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
Abeg i dont want to vote 4 GEJ b4 but wit dis election shows dat the man is trustworthy and ka stand by his word,but now my vote and my family goes to GEJ because he realy convinc us dat our vote wl count.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by LeMolar: 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2011
buhari is a looser nigerians should vote him out
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by LeMolar: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
a vote for gej is a like a vote for nigerian progress
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by md4real(m): 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2011
A vote for jonathan is a vote for those you rejected at the pools to be your ambasaddors, ministers and special assistants, change. Biro or bloom.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by DaGeneral1: 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
i'm impressed with GEJ, he has shown he is a true statesman, amidst the power to alter the results, he has chosen to conduct a free and fair election. I planned to vote Buhari, but its obvious that this man should be given a chance, as he means good for Nigeria. My votes and all my familys' votes would go to GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by kcjazz(m): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2011
By playing fair, GEJ is not sacrificing for his party, he is reaping from the failures of his party. Big difference!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
Le  Molar:

a vote for gej is a like a vote for nigerian progress

Another clueless statement for a clueless president,

You need to ask yourself, what is progress? How far has Nigeria progressed under GEJ? And how much of the population has been affected by the progress?

If u can answer these questions effectively, you'd rethink your statement.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by flawlessZ: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
Lets give up to Prof. Jega for a fair start irrespective of violence in some areas,
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by recoome(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ is the man! Oyatoo joo oooo! , i'm waiting 4 all those people that said that he is OBJ's surrogate, even OBJ's daughter was disgraced.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by swiftycool(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
Gej lost so many supporters especially amongst the people in south west. my aunt who used to love him drove a massive campaign against him amongst her landladies n market women association for calling their ACN excellent governors raskals! How dare he, these men have provided jobs and a better life 4 up to 30 layabouts she knew, turning them to useful citizens able to care 4 their families, yet one idiot mumu clueless dumbass presido refers to dem as raskals, thats wen he lost most of his former lovers
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Jackieugo(f): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2011
Blazing99:

When I throw a stick to the field and I tell my dog to fetch, he runs and brings the stick back to me. This has shown he can be trusted, please vote for him next Saturday too.

LOL  cheesy
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by osoisi: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
GEJ is trustworthy. He has my support
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by shotster50(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
Blazing99:

Hahahaha nice one.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by nwaghana: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan and Jega should be praised for spending 98 billion naira to organise election that disenfranchised so many people. Election where electorates' could not find their names in the voters registers. In four years time (2015) another 98 billion naira will be spent on another election and people will still shower the government and incompetent INEC with praises. When will people stop measuring things in Obasanjo's standard? Obasanjo set a standard that is only obtainable in hell fire. He ruined the country for eight years, and still wanted to amend the constitution to rule for another five years.

The only people that deserve praise are the NYSC members who are sacrificing their lives and their time and providing their invaluable knowledge and expertise.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by osoisi: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
Blazing99:

[size=13pt]When INEC couldnt hold the elections last week, you hypocrites came to GEJ's defense and came for Jega's head.

Now INEC is conducting a free and fair elections, you hypocrites are now acclaiming that dumb-blonde-thinking president and ignoring who merits the praise - JEGA.

This shows you GEJ supporters are not only supporting deceit cos you are deceived by it, you're supporting deceit cos you're also deceitful.

Freaking Hypocrites sad sad sad

[/size]
You are the hypocrite. All you can do is descend to insults. If you he had ordered the army to help carry ballot boxes for PDP you wud have been the first to cry foul. Now he lets the process show what Nigerians truly want and you cry foul again.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by koruji(m): 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2011
If we have learnt any lessons in these past few years it is the following: A politician left on his own will use power to his advantage.

President GEJ can, after a successful conduct of the next two elections, rightly claim a legacy of free and fair elections under his watch. However, that is where his self-back-slapping should stop. We must not forget that, but for the sake of having another opportunity to do it again the election was a failure on April 2nd. If that date had been April 28 - the last day for elections allowed by the constitution - we 'll be in the middle of a serious constitutional crisis right now.

It is understandable that people would like to use this to further GEJ's campaign - it is what you are supposed to do - but they must also realize that Nigerians are going to be nobody's fool anymore. The totality of the current election's success is attributable to many factors each equally important like the stands of a three-legged stool:
1) Perhaps the most important, Nigerians have had enough of PDP's shenanigans and had the elections under close watch;
2) Jega finally got his acts together;
3) Emergence of two strong oppositions parties to keep PDP honest;
4) In-fighting within PDP; and
5) President GEJ has a good attitude to the elections - he is willing to play a little dirty politics, but he would not go as far as engage in outright vote stealing on behalf of his party (and we hope not next Saturday either) like OBJ, Atiku, et al cool grin cool. That attitude is very important, but without the others I bet if GEJ doesn't personally authorize vote-stealing, his party agents will do it freely and he would not refuse to be a beneficiary of the outcome.

Win or lose, with a credible election President GEJ would become an important force on the Nigerian landscape for a long time to come. However, winning through a fraudulent election would cause all hell to break loose cool

Jonathan promised to allow a free and fair elections and although he knew that his party PDP is unpopular, he kept to his promise even at the expense of partisan politics. That shows he can be trusted to do what he says he would do if voted in. I therefore enjoin all right thinking people to vote for GEJ. I think as between GEJ and Buhari, GEJ is the lesser evil.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
Le  Molar:

buhari is a looser nigerians should vote him out
In what way is Buhari a looser? Please enlighten us. Is it because PDP cheated him twice ?Or because you just hate him because he is a muslim and you are a christian?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by TheDoc: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
he claimed to knw who d independent day twin bombers were and he is yet to tell us-he can b trusted. he said MEND are not terrorist-he can b trusted. At point in time he was like spokeman of MEND. (REMEMBER HE IS D C-C OF NIGERIA) Pls tell me/ what do you understand by d word TRUST?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by recoome(m): 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
@swiftycool: pls dnt derail the thread, what does this have 2 do with the rascal statement.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2011
osoisi:

You are the hypocrite. All you can do is descend to insults. If you he had ordered the army to help carry ballot boxes for PDP you wud have been the first to cry foul. Now he lets the process show what Nigerians truly want and you cry foul again.
I am not being insulting, but I'm being blunt about the truth.
Shielding GEJ from blame for the postponement of the election and blaming Jega, then now praising only GEJ cos the elections have been held is certainly unfair. Jega should be commended not GEJ. Just like Humprey Nwosu was commended for the June 12 elections not IBB. Lets think out of mediocrity people
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by digi101(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
THIS IS THE MOST DUMB REASON I'VE HEARD SO FAR, THE GEJ CAMP MUST BE GETTING DESPERATE, VOTE B-B COMRADE AND LETS LINE THEM ALL UP FOR JUSTICE AND A LOND OVERDUE ACCOUNTING!!!!
ON WITH THE REVOLUTION!, DOWN WITH PDP!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dustydee: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
People dont have to have several ID's to make their points. . . Lets finish the Job on saturday. PDP out!can you imagine Anenih's wife as the minister of work?. Ten don't expect the Benin-Ore road to be fixedin another 4 years. Do you want Patricia Etteh as your special adviser on economic matters? God deliver Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Buhari, Bring Back Our Roads' - Tayo Ogunbiyi (Punch) / Azuka Azinge Connived With Enelamah To Grant ‘illegal Waivers' To Polaris Bank / 2023: Buhari’s successor can come from any part of Nigeria – Ali Modu Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.