Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,917 members, 7,802,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13226 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by passyjango(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
If we can commend GEJ for what looks like free and fair elections, then we should also blame him for his failures in jobs creation, roads, electricity, friendly business climate, poverty alleviation, fight against corruption, health, etc. One out of ten to me is still a failure.

Nigerian leaders are irresponsible, when things work they take credit but when it fails they blame past administrations, the military, or the British. If GEJ takes credit for the achievements of Jega, then he must also take knocks for the failure of all other appointed office holders including, Waziri (the EFCC boss), who has been a hopeless failure so far.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by goody06(f): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
gbaamu, he a man of integrity, i prefer him
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
It is not Uhuru yet, keeping fingers crossed.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Sarahluv(f): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
Goodluck has indeed shown he can be trusted. Jega has done beautifully well.
The issue is now how we can institutionalize this process. We must reproduce this success in all Nigerian elections henceforth. FG owes us that; INEC owes us that; we owe ourselves that much.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by onyengbu: 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
@orikinla,
i dont see how anyone should blame Gej or INEC for politicians desperation.
Even if the Jesus is our president and the Pope INEC chairman, politicians, INEC officials and security officials will still misbehave.

We would only blame GEJ and Jega if results are manufactured from INEC Offices.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2011
Jonathan is the man of the hour!

A true democrat and true civilain.

Say NO to those who truncated our democracy through coups, say NO to military men in civilain cloths.

They are wolves among sheep.

Be wise!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
Nigerians are so fickle-minded and talk from both sides of the mouth.
When d election was postponed by d INEC chairman, everywhere went agog wit derogatory remarks on how inefficient he was.
The same people are showering encomiums and praises now.
haba, Nigerians!!!
U guys are only hypocrites who should learn to give pple time to prove themselves.

When was the last time we had a 1st phase of an election as free and fair as d last NASS election?
since 1993 maybe. For d 1st time,our votes actually counted.

Nigerians, its high time we stopped voting for parties coz u r affiliated to them or gain from their benevolence in one way or another!

Its time to stand up for credibility and individuals who represent change. Its true that President Jonathan is a member of d PDP but should we then discredit him after showing signs of worthiness in this election coz he belongs to d party?

Think,Nigerians. Think.

Only 10 months and he has begun to prove a point dat change is the offing. Kudos to Prof Jega on d beginning of a successful era for him.

am outta here!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by danteweb: 7:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by danteweb: 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by AjanleKoko: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=16pt]Varium et Mutabile Semper Nigerians[/size] undecided
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by cletty: 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
i think GEJ is the best of all the constestants.There is need for continuity of all his good works within his 10months of governance.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
Is Jonathan an old man? compare his age to d likes of OBJ, Buhari and others who know wat their real ages are.

Enough of d badlucks abeg, we need a Goodluck dis time in Nigeria.

Oya, the rest of u, pls come back in 4 years time.

Shikena!  grin
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Asobank: 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
It is very rare in this our time to see a sitting President who is very much interested in a free n fair polls and with a passion for change. Go GEJ for PRESIDENT.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by deezzle(m): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
What exactly are you thanking Jonathan for? If anyone needs to be praised for a job well done, it is Jega not Jonathan.

Jonathan did his job by choosing a man of integrity such as Jega and that is all he had to do with it. All this thanking and praising him is silly, really
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
@deezzle.
do u read d papers or watch d news? After d postponement of d NASS election on d 2nd of April, it was reported that Prof Attahiru Jega tendered a letter of resignation which President Jonathan rejected. Now everyone is happier for it,aren't we?
wat does dat tell u about GEJ? He is a force of change!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Reference(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
Said it a couple of months ago. If GEJ loses this election free and fair he will not spend a second later in the villa. He has not and never will be desperate. He will get the job done, create political equity, give the minorities and the powerless a voice and then the 'owners' of this country who will rather have it all or in pieces may take over.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Kobojunkie: 12:48am On Apr 12, 2011
deezzle:

What exactly are you thanking Jonathan for? If anyone needs to be praised for a job well done, it is Jega not Jonathan.

Jonathan did his job by choosing a man of integrity such as Jega and that is all he had to do with it. All this thanking and praising him is silly, really

Even that sef. . .  Jega did handle SOME of his logistics issue of the week before but this was certainly not the free and fair election we were promised. There are allegations of fraud coming from many sections of the country -- results have not been 100% broadcasted by INEC as we speak --- more than 48 hours after the election. There was protest down in Delta state and the initially announced results retracted. Lagos PDP is already urging INEC to announce a re-do as they claim to have evidence of fraud in Lagos. I mean  . . .the list goes on.

The same papers that announced this a free and fair election are now having to backtrack as the report comes in of inconsistencies.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 9:26am On Apr 12, 2011
@ Kobjunkie.

U're right. The elections weren't free and fair. It was just 50% better than the previous ones. Now could we stop unnecessary heaping glory on an unworthy leader?
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by willdave: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2011
Goodluck is to be trusted, he has shown that he is a man of his words. A man that has and protects his integrity should be a man to be trusted. Goodluck u have my vote, no matter what it takes, God will see you through.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by BetaThings: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Even that sef. . .  Jega did handle SOME of his logistics issue of the week before but this was certainly not the free and fair election we were promised. There are allegations of fraud coming from many sections of the country -- results have not been 100% broadcasted by INEC as we speak --- more than 48 hours after the election. There was protest down in Delta state and the initially announced results retracted. Lagos PDP is already urging INEC to announce a re-do as they claim to have evidence of fraud in Lagos. I mean  . . .the list goes on.

The same papers that announced this a free and fair election are now having to backtrack as the report comes in of inconsistencies.
The election was not so free. Jonathan played a fast one. He allowed ACN to make a strong showing in the noisy, much press-covered SW and everybody is rejoicing.
How come other results announced late favour PDP?
How come results of Osun, Ogun Ondo came in before those of FCT (just 1 senatorial district)?
Is FCT bigger, more populous, with more inaccessible places?

How come David Mark lost to Onoja in 7 out of 9 LGs but became winner on account of 2 LGs?

BTW - people are praising Jonathan now
This is the same Jonathan whose supporters were querying Jega last week and were preparing the ground for his sack
Note that Jonathan's press supporters (Vanguard and THisDay) wre impeaching the integrity of Jega last week
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638946.0.html
People are going to be shocked at the sucker punch on saturday!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Gbenge77(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2011
I beg to disagree.Gej is not the INEC chairman.If he attempts to influence election results,he would meet his match in JEGA.However,there are suspicions of vote rigging by the PDP in the South east and South south regions.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Dave6: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2011
Abeg! President Goodluck Jonathan has my FULL Support and Vote on Saturday.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Wadeoye(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ is only interested in his election - his trustworthiness can only be demonstrated on Saturday April 16.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by HamidO1(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2011
PDP can't be trusted. Meaning no PDP candidate deserves our vote. 12years with no meaningful improvement in the lives of the average Nigerian, why should anyone trust a PDP candidate.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
Like i said before, vote for the man not the party!

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by sirjec(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Why are we Nigerians like this? When we see truth, because of sentiment we choose to cover it. GEJ has done very great.

The Cabals that said we will not have fuel were defeated just few months after he resumed office.
Now we've forgot how we suffered on fuel queues.

We've forgot how elections used to be, when we will fight at the polling units to protect our votes, count it and get our results only for us to tune to NTA later in the night and hear a different report.

We've forgot how anybody that goes to tribunal loses to incumbent once the incumbent is PDP.

We've forgot how for days we'll not have power and NEPA will bring outrageous estimated bills. Now we see the light, even with the tarrif increased, we still pay cheaper than what it used to be.

This man just ruled for just 1yr+ and has achieved this.

Let us be fair here. If you have followed PDP's rigging, they don't normally rig from polling units but from ABJ direct.

And afterall you can go to tribunal, and when you get there, you'll still meet PDP judges and if you take laws into your hands, you'll meet PDP police. Remember how Okadigbo died.

Please Let's give honour to whom honour is due, pray for him instead of criticizing him. Rome was not built in a day. All we need is the right steps in the right directions.

sirjec
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by rasputinn(m): 10:03am On Apr 13, 2011
macfarland:

AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to signed an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015". Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria. Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order? Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN PLEASE SHARE ON THE MASSAGE!

[size=24pt]VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Gbenge77(m): 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
A vote for GEJ is a vote for"CLUELESSNESS,INCOMPETENCE AND TREASURY LOOTING"
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by willdave: 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
Goodluck should be trusted so much. A man that brought transformation to Nigeria in just 9months, what else do u want? I wonder at what people say concerning a man that just in 9months could bring transformation we can all see that no pasted president could ever do because of selfishness. I believe strongly that when a man fails people will talk, if he succeeds they will still talk so please succeed and let them keep on talking because talk is cheap.

VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT 2011
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Said it all bro.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Gbenge 77:

@Gbenge 77
U r strictly on your own on dat.(OYO)

Its a baseless and mindless conclusion from insensitives like all of u who know absolutely nothing abt being a true democrat.

GEJ rocks abeg!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Blazing99: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
marychi18:

@Gbenge 77
U r strictly on your own on dat.(OYO)

Its a baseless and mindless conclusion from insensitives like all of u who know absolutely nothing abt being a true democrat.

He's not on his own. 50% of nairalanders share the same opinion

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Damaged Calabar To Obudu Road / Electoral Fraud: 2 Minors Nabbed With Ballot Papers Stuffed In Bag / 2 APC candidates chasing one Senatorial seat in Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.