Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,452 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:32 AM

Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (13197 Views)

INEC Chairman: Buhari Has Shown He Is Sectional Leader - Fayose / APC Supporters, Give Me Answers To any of These And Get My Vote / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
U guys shouldnt waste ur votes on pple u know dat wont win d election. they stand no chance whatsoever.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by Johns83: 11:27am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by marychi18: 11:53am On Apr 14, 2011
Johns83:

This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use your phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely

same ol' gist circulated by fools!

No be today dem start to send fake texts.

Get 'em GEJ
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by liquid7: 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2011
he promised a free and fair election like every single president we ever had and already there is a video on youtube of 1 woman mass voting.
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by boycottam: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2011
he promised a free and fair election like every single president we ever had and already there is a video on youtube of 1 woman mass voting.

GBAM
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by dabraska: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
mr oga, it seems ur living in d past, how can u vote a man dat, after 10 months in power, chooses to buy a presidential jet 4 8.9 billion wen we all noe dat dere r 8 jets in d presidential fleet, i have nuffn against Goodluck as a person buh he has soo many political debts 2 pay, Jst imagine Obasanjo consoling his daughter 4 nt winning dat, if GEJ becomes president, she will at least, get a minister seat, imagine wat a party dat is, wat has PDP done in d past 12 yrs? ok, we nw hav 3,800 megawatts from d initial 2000 megawatts b4 PDP came in, and we have spent over 16 billion dollars on dat project ova d yrs, yet brazil is issuing jst 3 billion dollars to generate 5000 megawatts of power, its a shame, I wanted 2 vote GEJ b4 because he's actually credible and 4 d main fact his being president was divine, buh d pple wif him wont allow him work, I am finally convinced dat God used him to conduct a free and fair election in Nigeria without himself even knowing, Please ma broda, lets be wise and vote d right man, excluding sentiments, God bless
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by luluosas(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
Must-win Election: Jonathan Spends N107 Billion In Two days, Meets Jega In Private
April 14, 2011 - 15:55 — siteadmin

caption:
Goodluck Jonathan
By SaharaReporters, New York

With some 72 hours to Saturday's crucial presidential elections in Nigeria, presidential Goodluck Jonathan is deploying state resources far and wide in an unprecedented effort to buy every inch of support. A Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) official told SaharaReporters today that in the extraordinary spending spree, the Goodluck Jonathan team had mopped up some N107 billion in funds from the Nigerian economy.

Much of the monies is going to the northern parts of Nigeria where the campaign has handed over N2 billion to each key state governors and People's Democratic Party (PDP) officials to capture the north for Jonathan.

A CNN report today validates what SaharaReporters has repeatedly revealed about Jonathan's lackluster campaigns in terms of the sparse audiences in his rallies despite millions of Naira consistently spent to bus supporters from state to state. Sometimes the same supporters are moved to other stops.
In “The Battle For Nigeria’s Presidency, CNN's Christian Purefoy reported from Sokoto State, “widely regarded as the base of northern power and the region with the highest number of registered voters.”
Showing a scanty crowd during a widely advertised campaign visit of Goodluck the report focuses on Jonathan’s near-absent support. “Pressed up against the fence here, it looks like a lot of people have turned out for the President Goodluck’s visit, but if you come forward to the space where he will be speaking, it is pretty much empty. And if you just come to the back just across two or three people deep, the crowd thins out dramatically, and the seats at the back of the stadium, even here behind me, they are empty too.”
In contrast, the report shows the campaign visit of General Muhammadu Buhari of the Congress for Political Change (CPC) to the same Sokoto location one week after Jonathan’s visit, where he is welcomed by a vast and raucous crowd. “The crowd is much larger and much louder,” the reporter observes. “Buhari ran for the presidency in the last two elections but claims the voting was rigged. This time he hopes these people will help him also try something never before done in Nigeria: beat the incumbent President.”
Referring to the significance of the huge crowds at Buhari’s speaking stops, the spokesman to the CPC candidate, Yinka Odumakin, cautioned against anyone trying to subvert the will of the people in Saturday’s presidential election through rigging, warning that it would amount to “Tunisia, Egypt and Yemen combined.”

A source within the Jonathan campaign boasted that although Jonathan may be short on substance or ideas, it is blessed with mountains of cash looted by his cronies who are desperate for his victory in order for him to protect them. Last week, the Lagos-based 234NEXT newspaper exposed how the Minister of Petroleum Resources, and Jonathan’s long-time mistress, Dieziani Allison-Mudeuke, was engaged in skimming off kickbacks from importers of gasoline to support the campaign. To avoid a public uproar, Diezani quietly left Nigeria about a week ago on a celebrated medical surgery abroad. While her medical trip abroad was being announced as a critical matter, it turned out that she had only gone to have an appendix removed.

The Jonathan campaign has also raised tremendous money from issuing import waivers to importers. Since he came to power, Jonathan has issued over N100 billion worth of import duties to the notorious Vaswani Brothers. In one instance last year, the import waivers, which were first granted through one Chief Omokaro, was sold to the Stallion group for $19 million. Two days later, the money was paid to President Jonathan through Omokaro. The Vaswani Brothers have been expelled twice from Nigeria for engaging in import scams.

Our CBN source said that state governors are Jonathan's best source of slush campaign cash. In return, they are granted excess crude cash allocations sometime several days in advance.

Jonathan, With An Eye on Saturday’s Crunch Vote, Meets Secretly with Jega
SaharaReporters sources said the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, has also met secretly with President Goodluck Jonathan at a private house in Abuja . The meeting was conducted under a heavy veil of secrecy and was known only to very few officials.
In the past few days, and bolstered by last Saturday’s largely successful legislative elections, President Jonathan has told top party officials and hawks in his government that Jega is “no longer a problem” and does not need to be removed from his post.

Partly because of the threat to his exalted job following the aborted election of April 2, analysts say Jega himself seems to be acting with greater deference to candidate Jonathan. That view of him may have been strengthened by the curious secret meeting with candidate Jonathan only days to the crunch political contest.

But a spokesperson to the INEC chairman, Mr. Kayode Idowu, denied the secret meeting was ever held. He told SaharaReporters that the only meetings Jega attended with Jonathan related to "election matters" at the National Security Council. He said Jega attended several of those meetings including one following the stormy outing where Jega's job seemed to be threatened.

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/must-win-election-jonathan-spends-n107-billion-two-days-meets-jega-private
Re: Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote by 5columnist: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2011
Yes we can, Ibori just made it to london on a free ticket and visa. Think again if you think GEJ is complacent with corruption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023: I’m Contesting To Make Our Children’s Future Great – Tinubu / Plateau State Declares Two Days As Public Holiday For PVC Registration / Zamfara Government Reinstates Emir Aliyu Marafa Who Turbaned Ado Aleru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.