Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 (9144 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face / How Can I Get The Ecowas Passport / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by azorjiu(m): 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2007
Do you think this is a right move?
Do you think it will be oluwole free?

from http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/breaking_news/article01

Nigeria begins usage of ECOWAS passport July 25
Beginning from July 25 this year, the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) will officially stop the issuance of the current Nigerian international passport and commence the issuance of the harmonised ECOWAS smart passport (e Passport). But the machine readable passport currently in use, will continue to exist alongside the harmonised ECOWAS passport for one year before being eventually phased out. Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Mr. Joseph Udeh on Thursday began a sensitisation campaign to create the needed awareness for the new regime. He told newsmen in Abuja that the project, which was initiated in 2003, would be officially flagged-off by President Umaru Yar'Adua on July 25. Udeh said the new passport would be driven by an electronic chip. It would contain biometric data including finger prints. Noting that Nigeria would be the first country in Africa to adopt the electronic passport system, Udeh is convinced that the new regime would go a long way to redeem the image of the Nigerian passport and make it more acceptable in the international community. The Immigration chief put the price of the new passport at N8,750, adding that the current version still goes for N5,100.
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by Esss(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2007
WTF?? This is insane. why will we want to do such crap? Change this my green passport? This is a bad move o! I do not support it at all, angry
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by DisGuy: 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2007
Your passport is stil going to be green just with an ecowas logo at the back wink
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by azorjiu(m): 6:37am On Jul 06, 2007
don't know if i'm right, but it seems the colour of red. the colour will be the same with all the ecowas countries.
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by Mariory(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2007
Nah I believe it will still be green. The brown passport I think is for diplomats.
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by Vicjustice: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2007
The passport has since been in existence in other west African countries, a friend of mine from Guinea has one, and he's had it since may this year. So, I wonder how long they've been using it.
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by PapaBrowne(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2007
Naaaah!! I will not give up my Nigerian passport for some Ecowas thing!! Naaah!
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by jacq(f): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2007
i just saw on the nigeria immigration site that someone have to pay online for a naija passport b4 it can be processed.
is this new and who have tried it ? it looks kinda shady.
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by tunjikrown(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2007
@ jacq, yes you can make your payment online now but you still need to go to the passport office for the processing and that is where yu will be extorted. 5100 naira is the legal amnt but the bank will collect 5300 naira and you should be ready to pay double @ the passport office . i just did mine last month i ended up paying 13k
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by KingAzubuike(f): 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
DisGuy:
Your passport is stil going to be green just with an ecowas logo at the back wink
14 years down the line, rate this your comment. Sounds childish
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
KingAzubuike:

14 years down the line, rate this your comment. Sounds childish

Is this mental disorder or what? Going back to 2007 and quoting people? I’ve always said it that you’re not too normal

Cc Deffjam
Re: As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 by Deffjam: 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Amazingguy55:

Is this mental disorder or what? Going back to 2007 and quoting people? I’ve always said it that you’re not too normal

Cc Deffjam
guy please.........can you just stop. please

(1) (Reply)

Jobless In Netherland, But Currently Building Two Houses In Nigeria. / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain / Need Information On Travel Insurance For Schengen Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.