Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Heart Disease And Stroke - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heart Disease And Stroke (1085 Views)

The Links Between Headache, Hypertension And Stroke....... / Help For Sickle Cell Anemia And Stroke- Any Hope? / How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heart Disease And Stroke by Haykaybiz: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
Heart disease isn't just a man's disease. Heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases are devastating to women, too. In fact, coronary heart disease, which causes heart attack, is the single leading cause of death for Nigeria women. Many women believe that cancer is more of a threat, but they're wrong. Nearly twice as many women in the Nigeria die of heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases as from all forms of cancer, including bosom cancer.

What are the risk factors for heart disease and stroke that you can't control?
•Increasing age — As women grow older, their risk of heart disease and stroke begins to rise and keeps rising of stroke.
•Previous heart attack or stroke with age.
•Sex (Gender) — Men have a greater risk of heart attack than women, and they have attacks earlier in life. Each year about 55,000 more women than men have strokes, and about 60 percent of total stroke deaths occur in women.
•Heredity (family history) — Both women and men are more likely to develop heart disease or stroke if their close blood relatives have had them. Race is also a factor. Black women have a greater risk of heart disease and stroke than white women. Compared with whites, African-American men and women are more likely to die or TIA — Women who've had a heart attack are at higher risk of having a second heart attack; 22 percent of women ages 40 to 69 who survive a first heart attack will have another heart attack or fatal coronary heart disease within five years, and 22 percent ages 40 to 69 who survive a first stroke will have another within five years. A transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"wink also is a risk factor and predictor of stroke.

Buy GNLD Healthy Heart Products
Our Heart, Our Choice
Choose to be better!
Re: Heart Disease And Stroke by Blazay(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
The reason I musto h-attend one "a-Shay-bee" parry once a month like last night, decked from head "to-to"! kiss

What to do nau?  undecided
If our respective Gods or Satans calls on us, you simply proceed to the "check out counter" of death and pay with your "stroke-arzzzzze" of a life.kiss Abi una nefa taya to phock? grin
Who dey fia to quench sef?  undecided
This life has been a sweeeet and gooooood one! cool
Stroke o. . . .or wharrrreva, I don ready I beg.
May I nor come back as Nigerian!
PERIOD!!!!!!  kiss
Re: Heart Disease And Stroke by samantha85: 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
I read this book and it helped me a lot for my heart burn condition, take a look heartburn no more
Re: Heart Disease And Stroke by Haykaybiz: 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2011
Want to buy GNLD product?
Call 07082727549
Re: Heart Disease And Stroke by Haykay03: 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will like to get one GNLD product. It is very good and works effectively.

(1) (Reply)

What Time Of Time Of The Day Do You Learn Or Work Best? / Are You Suffering From Shortsighted, Longsighted Or Glaucoma: Read This / make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.