|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,364,892 members, 2,073,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2015 at 08:48 AM
|How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by MITNEXUS: 6:32am On Apr 11, 2011|
Many times married women ( wives) are so engrossed with raising a family, managing their home, building their careers and other issues that they fail to spend time in personal financial planning until later in their lives (late 30s or 40s). Some leave the crucial activity of financial planning to their spouse and run into trouble when there is a breakdown in the relationship. Others are caught in a web of debts and unsustainable spending habits of their spouse.
Every Good wife should for the sake of her personal financial security and her children should become more financially smart and money management savvy? How should she strive towards achieving financial freedom, debt free so that she can enjoy her retirement free of money problems
Below are five useful tips on money management for married women.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by modele2: 12:40pm On Apr 11, 2011|
My mind was on money when gbam i saw this on the front page. Women have to be wise. By nature they make extra sacrifices for the family. they forfeit pleasures to ensure d kids have a new shoe or whatever, without ever thinkin about it. But men are not like that. Women manage this manage that and at the end theya re asked, 'what sef do u do wit ur money' .
And to make matters worse we are in a society where we at the recieving end when God forbid there is a problem in the marriage -after all the managing (which is usually done joyfully).
The aim is to try and save for a rainy day whatever the kind of rain, a shower, a storm, downpour or a tsunami, a percentage of earnings weather from housekeeping money, business or regular job. And above all to live within our meanssssss, u dont have to keep up wit the jonses.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2011|
At the end of the day, there are many curveballs life throws at you.
The man can lose his job, people fall on hard times, etc.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by Thirst4Lif: 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2011|
Some leave the crucial activity of financial planning to their spouse and run into trouble when there is a breakdown in the relationship.
Very true. I've known a lot of cases where the husband makes sure his wife has no access and no idea of her
husbands worth. I think this is the case with many wives when the husband is wealthy. It's to the husband's
benefit to keep his wife in the dark should the marriage fall apart.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by adconline(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2011|
But men are not like that. Women manage this manage that and at the end theya re asked, 'what sef do u do wit your money' .
You have no idea what it takes men to provide for their family. How about guys who provide the finances ?
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by Blazay(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2011|
Stick to your budget.
Save, save, save.
Avoid what you want and only get what you NEED.
Never throw food away. . . always buy what you want to eat for NOW not for tomorrow.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by N101: 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2011|
Do you have any idea what it takes for a woman to provide for their family?
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by versace400(m): 2:11am On Apr 12, 2011|
Call me on 08038856861 if u have strong decoder 4650,4651,4652,4653,4661,4663,4664,4669x, 4669x11
that u want to upgrade or repair.Call me within ogun and oyo state
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by rhymeup(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2011|
The poster made a lot of sense with the post. I was shocked to see the responses that have followed especially the 1st one.
C'mon people, all the poster said was that you dont lose sight of your finances. Now peeps are yarning about their personal prejudices,
what Sacrifices are you even talking about? In a good relationship both parties would make sacrifices in different areas because of their joint future; the problem comes when one party is not willing to make that sacrifice.
if yours is not a good relationship; it does not deviate or subtract from the posters advice, Women, you also need the financial education.
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by chic2pimp(m): 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2011|
N101:Una dey mind am?
|Re: How To Manage Your Money As A Married Woman by WhiteOne(f): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2011|
- Do not stop working or studying for to long, if you have children.
- Have the number of children you can manage.
- Race your children to be responsible adults.
- Let them know, you invested in them to be somebody in live. Therefore the have to support you in your old days.
- Train your daughter in law well and even your grand children.
- Support your husband to build his own house, if this is done try to get a second property for your children or for yourself.
- Let your husband know, behind every successful men, is a very strong woman.
- Do not fall into the girlfriend trap, if he has an affair tell him to end it, if you find out or deal with the other lady in a way, she will be wondering, what hit her! Do not jealousy be your advisor. Stay cool and cram. And let her know you have the upper hand.
- Work hard
- Pray to god!
- Take pride in yourself and in your appearances.
- Look at your mother and your grandmother for advice, they have done it before you. Listing and Learn.
- Keep his and your own family at a distance, support if necessary, but only if you have the power and the capital to do so!
- Choose your own friends wisely!
- And do not revel all your secrets to the world.
- Be not a gossiper
- Might your own business.
- Respect your husband likes he was your business partner.
- Live Insurance
- if possible not all in one country
- Euro, Dollar, Nira or Sterling.
- be smart, be strong, never give up!
Husband and Wife provide together for the family.
All in their role, in their way. No one is less, no one is more!
- In a good relationship you should disclose the cost of living, your income and your plans for live. If my husband, does not inform me, what he has, how can I support him, race the kids well and be a good wife for him?
- What a men should hold information back about his income or his wealths. It will not benefit him or you in the long run. It just does not make business sens.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70