Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Quotes From And On Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes From And On Buhari (3264 Views)

Notable Quotes From President Jonathan At Kogi State Campaign Today / Neco Sighted On Buhari Forged Certificate / Quotable Quotes From Dame Patient Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quotes From And On Buhari by crispgg: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2011
“I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party. I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, Daura, and one in Abuja, which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never.”
- General Buhari, CPC Presidential Aspirant.

“General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
- President Olusegun Obasanjo, in his book, "Not My Will".

“ He was without doubt, one of the best officers we have ever had,  Colleagues regard him as highly dependable and taken by his words by his mates, seniors and juniors,  I have no doubt about his ability to instill discipline.”
-General Shehu when Buhari became Head of State.

“ I respect Buhari.He was my Boss .He was an honourable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babagida

“Murtala and Buhari are great leaders”.
-Nuhu Ribadu Chairman EFCC (Obansajo's Anti-Corruption Chief) - Daily Trust 27th Feb. 2007.

“Buhari is a forthright and very clearly a disciplined man. He has managed to cut the image of a person who abhors corruption genuinely. If Buhari does not want to make a promise, he is the kind of person that will say so. Buhari is likely to pay attention to the problems of the country, unlike Obasanjo who floats in the air and most of the time plays to the gallery ”.
- Vanguard Editorial. 23rd January 2003.

“Buhari has three qualities namely INTERGRITY, which even his worst enemies can't fault; he is CONSISTENT, he does not say one thing in the morning and another at night, and he is COMMITTED to implementing the restructuring of the country. Anyone with these qualities deserves the support of Nigerians ”.
-Chief Olu Falae-This Day Newspaper, 23rd March 2007.

“Buhari stands out to be the most DEDICATED and PATRIOTIC leader. We want the President who would confront both the foreign and local enemies of democracy ”.
- Femi Falana (Lawyer/Human Rights Activist) -Tribune Newspapers 24th March 2007.

“Buhari was a soldier of HONOUR. There are soldiers and there are soldiers. There are soldiers who are men of honor. The man (Buhari) has decided to commit 26% of budgetary allocation to education ”.
- Femi Falana- The New 28th March 2007.

General Buhari rose from the rank of a lieutenant in the army to a general. At one time, he was a GOC. He was later appointed Military Administrator of the old North-East. He was in the Petroleum Ministry as minister. In December 1983 he became Head of State via a coup.During late General Sani Abacha’s regime, he headed the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before former President Obasanjo scrapped it. But I read in the papers where the General himself said after obtaining his CPC presidential form, which cost him over N5 Million, he is now left with less than a million naira in his account. Now my task is to challenge all of us to ensure this man becomes President this year. General Buhari deserves to be given a chance.When he became Head of State after the 1983 coup, thousands of Second Republic politicians, including me were picked and locked up by the Junta. But even in kirikiri, I discovered that the NPN elements among us were giving bribe to prison officials to ensure they got double ration of food. It dawned on me that people who can offer bribes even in kirikiri have no reason to be our leaders. Buhari was vindicated.
-Balarebe Musa – Punch January 21,2011

Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding.
-Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

Buhari was borrowing money from me when he was a sitting head of state.
This continued even while he was at the PTF.Tired of loaning money to him, i snapped at him ‘Please, you are sitting on billions, why can’t you steal some money instead of begging me, a contractor that earns his money through hard labour, to loan you money all the time?’
-M.T. Waziri narrated how Buhari was borrowing money from him even when he (Buhari) was a sitting head of state.
Re: Quotes From And On Buhari by joahonsi: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
why is this not on front page
Re: Quotes From And On Buhari by azimibraun: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
I wonder o!
Re: Quotes From And On Buhari by falconey(m): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
I wonder why this is not in frontpage right now?.....buhari is sure a legend of discipline. When he become president our courts go busy because them go send many people go jail

(1) (Reply)

Namadi Sambo Asks Army Recruits To Remain Loyal To GEJ / Obi Predicts Bright Future For Innoson Mini Bus Replace Keke / BUHARI Vs JONATHAN Presidential Election Results - Most Complete!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.