Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? (9239 Views)

James Entwist Meets With #BringBackOurGirls‬ Group Led By Oby Ezekwesili. Photos / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Ikengawo: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2011
[img]http://bossip.files./2011/04/alassane-dominique-ouattara.jpeg?w=600&h=272[/img]

There are a few african leaders that have had white wives, but i've noticed not even a local government chairmen in nigeria has ever had a white wife. Not even a chief of village police.

do you think Nigerians can rally around a man with a white wife? I know most would think it wouldn't 'matter' but i think nigerians would have a problem, or a hard time taking the person seriously, even village marriages that include white wives are taken as seriously as ones with a wife of your own tribe if not race.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by omanzo02: 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
Mumu!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigeria have been there, done that and moved on.

President Shagari had a wife who was white, don't u know that?.

Well, my wife is white, should I come to lead your state/village? grin grin cheesy
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Sunofgod(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ikengawo:

[img]http://bossip.files./2011/04/alassane-dominique-ouattara.jpeg?w=600&h=272[/img]

There are a few african leaders that have had white wives, but i've noticed not even a local government chairmen in nigeria has ever had a white wife. Not even a chief of village police.

do you think Nigerians can rally around a man with a white wife? I know most would think it wouldn't 'matter' but i think nigerians would have a problem, or a hard time taking the person seriously, even village marriages that include white wives are taken as seriously as ones with a wife of your own tribe if not race.

A white woman wouldn't stand by her 'black' husband like an african woman.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by redsun(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
Behind every true progressive man is a true progressive woman.Bad men attracts bad and weak women.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sani Abacha's wife wasn't Nigerian.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
Why not @ topic.

Nigeria can also be led by a nigerian woman with an oyibo husband.

After all jerry rawlings had a scottish father.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by redsun(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
J12:

Sani Abacha's wife wasn't Nigerian.

That still does not make her a white woman,wherever she comes from is more primitive that nigeria.The result can be seen with in the waywardness of her family.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by ektbear: 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
I doubt Nigerians would care.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
I think you mean you hope nigerians wont care.

The word nigeria itself was coined by a white woman, albeit one married to a white man.

And abacha's wife was shuwa arab i believe. That makes her nigerian if she was from bornu.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by ektbear: 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
tpiah!:

I think you mean you hope nigerians wont care.

I don't care if Nigerians care, personally. If I end up marrying a white chick, that is none of their business.

Private life needs to be kept separate from public life.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Musiwa13: 3:12am On Apr 12, 2011
n
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 12, 2011
nothing wrong with marrying a white man or white woman.

[img]http://blackcelebritykids.files./2008/07/twinsandparents.jpg[/img]

Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Ikengawo: 6:14am On Apr 12, 2011
why are you posting Van Vicker?

[img]http://wapedia.mobi/thumb/9ac5499/en/fixed/470/326/DF-SC-83-02218.jpg?format=jpg[/img]
Is that woman shagari's 'white' wife?

she's not white.

I know everyone wants to try and be open minded or whatever, but i honestly don't think people will take you seriously on that level if your wife is white.
It's not so much that i think nigerians hate white ppl (quite the opposite infact), I just understand that interracial marriage isn't as 'respected' in nigeria as it is in other african countries.

there are nigerians that do it, probably enough to fill the entire country of Cameroon with mixed babies, but i highly doubt anyone will take them seriously on a political level if they shot for it. At least in Igbo land, idk how it is for hausa and yorubas.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2011
Nigerian women wont take you too serious.
So obvious "gele" cant sit well on oyibo woman's head like it would on a Nigerian first lady. cheesy tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by sbeezy8: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2011
where a pic of kofi anans first wife she was nigerian

name is titi alakija
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by daroz(m): 8:07am On Apr 12, 2011
stupid trend angry angry angry angry
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2011
that shagari's wife isnt white.

she's either mixed or shuwa arab/ fulani.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Led By A Man With An Oyibo Wife? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2011

typical african woman- standing by her man through thick and thin. undecided undecided

why didnt she cut and run while she could. See the op now making fun of her.

saddam's wife was enjoying life in london while he was hunted down.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! Nigeria Can't Find Buyers For Her Oil / Foreign Airlines Repatriate Over $4bn In 15 Months / Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.