Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps (8259 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 12, 2011
A non-governmental organisation, Foundation for Ethnic Harmony in Nigeria, has called for the resignation of the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Maj.-Gen. Maharazu Tsiga, over his denial of the deaths of corps member in Friday’s bomb blast in Suleja, Niger State.

In a chat with journalists in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, on Sunday, the Chairman of FEHN, Mr. Allen Onyema, said it was obvious that some corps members lost their lives contrary to reports from the D-G denying the loss of lives of any corps member.

He said, “Even president Goodluck Jonathan, admitted that some corps members lost their lives, but it was shocking and embarrassing that Tsiga would deny with scorn on network news the death of any corps members in the blast.”

“While making that statement on air, Nigerians expected that Tsiga would be sober and say the true position, rather he was talking and rocking his chair as if nothing happened. The corps members were on a serious national assignment that called for serious concern and vigilance by the DG, federal government and Nigerians at large.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104112301625
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 12, 2011
Tsiga is a Porkin Arsehole!
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by sley4life(m): 11:46am On Apr 12, 2011
agreed. They should also scrap the exercise if they cant guarantee the lives of corps members serving their father land diligently
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Mobinga: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2011
NYSC should be scrapped. Tsiga should be publicly executed.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by xreal: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2011
Must INEC engage the services of any corp member?
With bombings here and there, I think NYSC should have a rethink.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Mobinga: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2011
xreal:

Must INEC engage the services of any corp member?
With bombings here and there, I think NYSC should have a rethink.

Its now INEC that is murdering them abi? Dumb ass. Boko Haram hasn't? Islamic extremest haven't?
Think small abeg
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by phraze(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
tsiga 'if na true then its very bad of you, if they died they died dont lie to the masses abeg'.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by klas(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
The DG insisited he did the head-count twice and no corper died but eight were injured (7 admitted in Suleja hospital and 1 in Gwagwalada). Let anybody who can prove otherwise give the names of the dead serving corpers
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by andyanders: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
NYSC IS A WASTE AS IT DOES NOT IMPACT ANYTHING TO THE LIVES OF THE YOUTHS.PARENTS PAINFULLY PAY THROUGH THEIR NOSE TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN THROUGH SHOOL ONLY FOR THEM TO BE WASTED BY THIS WICKED SOCIETY IN THE NAME OF NYSC. THESE YOUTHS AFTER SERVING THEIR FATHER LAND WILL BE DISCHARGED TO ROAM AROUND THE STREETS WITHOUT JOBS. MOST OF THEM AFTER SERVING END UP JOINING CRIME 'COS OF NO JOBS. WHAT A SOCIETY. SHAME. I PITY THE PARENTS OF THIS SOCIETY.MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER SERVE THIS COUNTRY AS I WILL PROVIDE JOB FOR THEM AS I AM PREPAERING THEM TO BE SELF PRODUTIVE BY MAKING THEM EMPLOYER OF LAOUR AND NOT AN APPLICANT. UNTILL PDP AND USELESS LEADERS VACATES THIS DEVILS POSITION THEY ARE OCCUPYING
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by deevick246(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
The DG last long lost touch with the Nysc matters.l heard he said it on NTA that no serving Nysc member life was lost,while the news of several serving corps members death in the Sulaja bomb blast was heard everywhere.
Its a very risky but commendable venture the current corp members are engaged in.The amount to be paid to the corp members for engaging in this risky election job is not even ascertained yet.
l just tire for this yeye Nysc DG.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by 190: 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
And why is this Tsiga still in power

He has been there for more than 5 years

does the D-G of NYSC have to be a one man post for years

What kind of country is this

Anyway the dude gave us 11 cows and N3,000 which the NYSC staffs shared amongst themselves 09 section in abuja

But he still has to go, He has tried
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by olumyde5(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
andyanders:

NYSC IS A WASTE AS IT DOES NOT IMPACT ANYTHING TO THE LIVES OF THE YOUTHS.PARENTS PAINFULLY PAY THROUGH THEIR NOSE TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN THROUGH SHOOL ONLY FOR THEM TO BE WASTED BY THIS WICKED SOCIETY IN THE NAME OF NYSC. THESE YOUTHS AFTER SERVING THEIR FATHER LAND WILL BE DISCHARGED TO ROAM AROUND THE STREETS WITHOUT JOBS. MOST OF THEM AFTER SERVING END UP JOINING CRIMSE 'COS OF NO JOBS. WHAT A SOCIETY. SHAME. I PITY THE PARENTS OF THIS SOCIETY.MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER SERVE THIS COUNTRY AS I WILL PROVIDE JOB FOR THEM AS I AM PREPAERING THEM TO BE SELF PRODUTIVE BY MAKING THEM EMPLOYER OF LAOUR AND NOT AN APPLICANT. UNTILL PDP AND USELESS LEADERS VACATES THIS DEVILS POSITION THEY ARE OCCUPYING

cool down now abeg no vex too much PDP go comot and everything go better. My condolence to the corps memebers that lost their lives
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by babyme1(f): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
@ andyanders, stop writing in capital letters. You are shouting if you don't know.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by isquar3d3(m): 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
190:

And why is this Tsiga still in power

He has been there for more than 5 years

does the D-G of NYSC have to be a one man post for years

What kind of country is this

Anyway the dude gave us 11 cows and N3,000 which the NYSC staffs shared amongst themselves 09 section in abuja

But he still has to go, He has tried

i was going 2 blast u until i saw ur last sentence. Tsiga has been d face of d NYSC 4 a long time. He has neva failed 2 defend corps member evn wen they were probably wrong. He is well luvd by corpers, present nd past. If a poll is done, corpers wil vote 4 him 2 stay 95:5. Besides, they cld nt authenticate d case against him. He said no 'serving corper' lost his life. Inevitably, maybe pple who'v jst passed out did. 190, u almst 4al my hand.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by andyanders: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2011
@baby.me

I GOT YOU RIGHT. ONE MUST SHOUT.ANGER IN A SOCIETY LIKE OURS. WHY MUST THE YOUTHS BE WASTED BY A WICKED SOCIETY WHERE YOU CAN SEE CHILDREN AND WOMEN SUFFERING? WHY? LOOK AT OUR ROADS. ACCEDIENTS EVERYWHERE. OUR LEADERS FLY BY AIR WATCHING THE ELECTORATE SUFFERING. I ASK AGAIN WHY?
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Ekpoma1: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
Such is expected in a country where no comprehensive basis for data collection. Imagine nobody is able to ascertain the correct formation. Who do we believe? Is it GEJ that said some were lost or Tsiga, who is saying no corper's live were lost.We still have a long way to go in this country. God help us!
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by 190: 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2011
isquar3d3:

i was going 2 blast u until i saw your last sentence. Tsiga has been d face of d NYSC 4 a long time. He has neva failed 2 defend corps member evn wen they were probably wrong. He is well luvd by corpers, present nd past. If a poll is done, corpers wil vote 4 him 2 stay 95:5. Besides, they cld nt authenticate d case against him. He said no 'serving corper' lost his life. Inevitably, maybe pple who'v jst passed out did. 190, u almst 4al my hand.

well whatever the case,

That Cow meat and N3,000 is still in my memory!!
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by sirt1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
Mobinga:

NYSC should be scrapped. Tsiga should be publicly executed.

Yesssss. He ie Tsiga should be publicly executed for denying the obvious, yeye man.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by sirt1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
190:

well whatever the case,

You like food no be small. Of all the orisirisi wey dey service, na only cow meat and chipinni money u remembered? What about all the opekes, the other freebies? grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dl
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by ICHINONYE(m): 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2011
in nigeria what i know best is that no one resign or accept to b at faults, n.y.s.c fore me ve just failed to protect the serving members n i tink d goverment should have a rethink now not to put copers life in danger.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by EMANY01(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
A number of the dead were corpers who conducted the registration exersise in feb/mar and who subseqently passed out early in march.However INEC lobbied some of them (all over the federation )to participate in the election exercise proper.Logial argument was they are familiar with the protocols,processes for INEC and they will be best poised to guide and assist the new set of corpers to be deployed .I say this because my girlfriends younger brother and my cousin are currently involved.
Note that Tsiga used the term "serving corpers" knowing the situation of things.My grouse with him is that he used a technicality to divest the corps of any and all relations with the dead.BTW serving corps members are in the hospital with severed limbs and he used the word injured to describe them.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by Adanora: 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
Some nairalanders and d way they run their mouth. Everybody is saying Scrap NYSC,assuming dis bomb did nt happen would u people b talking abt scrappin NYSC. Dont blame NYSC or INEC , Blame d useless Aboki people and Buhari for the unfortunate Incident just to disstabilize the electorial process and to say GEJ administration is nt doing enough in terms of security. But all their plans did not work. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by deevick246(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
isquar3d3:

i was going 2 blast u until i saw your last sentence. Tsiga has been d face of d NYSC 4 a long time. He has neva failed 2 defend corps member evn wen they were probably wrong. He is well luvd by corpers, present nd past. If a poll is done, corpers wil vote 4 him 2 stay 95:5. Besides, they cld nt authenticate d case against him. He said no 'serving corper' lost his life. Inevitably, maybe pple who'v jst passed out did. 190, u almst 4al my hand.

I beg make person hear word.l doubt if u ever participated in the Nysc or your close relations did.if u did,then u would know the scheme has nothing deserving in it.A whole one year of wasteful experiences.Some fresh graduates who would have bring about a revolution in governace,agric sci,econmics,technology etc are been expose to gainless experience for a year.
What good has the DG donethat u are here supporting himask anyone who have done the Nysc before,most especially in recent times and u will be shocked at such discouraging comments u will hear.Its as bad as some people losting their lives in the process and the heavy knowledge acquired at the higher institution is wasted.
How much are these corp members being paidits the officials that get all the monetary benefits.Even the on going election pay to the corp members is not being ascertained and some died as a result of wanting to participate in the election exercise and the Nysc DG is claiming no serving corp members lives were lost.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by sledge406: 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2011
@Andyanders,

Is it too much of someone in humility to ask one thing from you? When you are bashed from all angles, then it is seen as people being on your case. Nothing stops a learned person like yourself who can use a computer effectively to type using proper letters (NOT typing in ALL CAPS). It is painful to the eye and if you must note, majority of readers don't have time reading such comments which SOMETIMES might have reasonable comments in them.

klas:

The DG insisited he did the head-count twice and no corper died but eight were injured (7 admitted in Suleja hospital and 1 in Gwagwalada). Let anybody who can prove otherwise give the names of the dead serving corpers
I refuse to believe you commented with your brain stating the bolded. You are the type that's quick to believe anything said or thrown in your face.

Tsiga, while on phone to one of the media, confirmed that a head count was done and no serving corper's life was lost in the Suleja bomb blast to which there were loads of eye witness accounts. He instead said they were lives of students from nearby schools like Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Bayero University, Kano as well as some people to be used as adhoc staffs.

My questions, just as others have asked which "klas" failed to reason with his brain are these:

1. How do you call for a head count in the dead of the night before the elections the next morning? Do you know how large Suleja is with corpers scattered all over? Don't forget there was panic that night too.

2. The mourners (families of the dead) who made their way to the hospitals on getting news of the blast and knowing that they have a serving corper in the area are crying wolf, right?

Klas, I await your response. . .
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by booboo79: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2011
Naija miss run
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by isquar3d3(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
deevick246:

I beg make person hear word.l doubt if u ever participated in the Nysc or your close relations did.if u did,then u would know the scheme has nothing deserving in it.A whole one year of wasteful experiences.Some fresh graduates who would have bring about a revolution in governace,agric sci,econmics,technology etc are been expose to gainless experience for a year.
What good has the DG donethat u are here supporting himask anyone who have done the Nysc before,most especially in recent times and u will be shocked at such discouraging comments u will hear.Its as bad as some people losting their lives in the process and the heavy knowledge acquired at the higher institution is wasted.
How much are these corp members being paidits the officials that get all the monetary benefits.Even the on going election pay to the corp members is not being ascertained and some died as a result of wanting to participate in the election exercise and the Nysc DG is claiming no serving corp members lives were lost.

mr youth service, im sure only ur generatn hs been attending youth service. So because u graduated in zoology nd were expecting 2 b posted 2 a bank bt u got a a teaching job at d zoo, evry1 is like u? Yes, it might hv been a stressful period, bt it was worth experiencing. Besides, if u read my post wt evn half of one ur decomposing eyes closed, u wld hv seen that i was talking about d D.G nd not d scheme itself.
190:

well whatever the case,

hmm. Camp fire nite huh?
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by wales(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
The man is a Military Man, so what do you expect from him.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by md4real(m): 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
seriously, NYSC is good esp because of the integration objective, i got to meet people from diffrent place and we mingle.
about the bomb blast, those that DIED WERE EX CORP MEMBERS, GRADUATED BATCH A.
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by cescky(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
i wonder why the aboki was lying ooo, i watched on Nta a day after the explosion and a corper(was in his nysc jersey or uniform) whom witnessed everything was interviewd he said he lost 4 of his friends in the blast as he was the only lucky survivor ,
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by omodada1: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
Tsga wil lie 2protect his fat salary. His children neva experiencd d stupid visionles money suckin programe. Dey r wastin our youths life witout any profit 4a whole 365days. If dey giv Tisga a promised salary, he wil tell d truth. Its nt easy 2 forgo d National Cake. GOD SAVE NIJA!
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by obongtunji: 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2011
let him resign before i get him. may the same thin happen to his children too. stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid man
Re: ‘tsiga Must Resign’ - Director-general Of The National Youth Service Corps by sirt1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
wales:

The man is a Military Man, so what do you expect from him.
So being a military man is justification for foolishnes.s? Why did he lie on network service of national TV? In fact, that man should be punished for that attitude.

md4real:

seriously, NYSC is good esp because of the integration objective, i got to meet people from diffrent place and we mingle.
about the bomb blast, those that DIED WERE EX CORP MEMBERS, GRADUATED BATCH A.

Does it means EX CORP MEMBERS are not human being? Nigerians will never change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking / Oyo PDP Group Endorses Eddy Olafeso As PDP Southwest Chairman / My Father Was A Muslim. He Died And My Mother(alhaja) Changed And Made Us Xtians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.