Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Joomla Component Wont Install - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Component Wont Install (1296 Views)

I Need A Joomla Component For A Secondary School Website / Joomla Component For A School Management System / Before You Use That Joomla Component (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Component Wont Install by pholusho(m): 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
Good day,
i install DF contact component on my localhost and it installed well but when i tried installing it on my site at hostmonster it wont install with error message

* JFolder::create: Could not create directory
* Warning! Failed to move file.

Please i need help with it. Thanks
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by yawatide(f): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
Sounds like you need to change permissions on the folder in question.
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2011
oops! yawa beat me to it. ahem, what kinda server are we talking about here? an ms-dos or a linux server?
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by pholusho(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thanks yawa, how do i change permissions? do you mean i need to change the permission of the zip folder(DFcontact) before uploading and installing it.
The site runs on linux server. Thanx
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by yawatide(f): 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
Fortunately for you, I also use hostmonster wink

I would go through each folder where you have installed joomla and ensure that the permissions are set to 644 or 755. Select the folder/files in question, at the top, you should see "change permissions" button, click that. Window should go dim, lightbox style and you should see 9 checkboxes and a number at the bottom. You want to check the boxes of "user" and "other" at the very least. Each time you check or uncheck a box, the number will change. Again, make sure the total is either 644 or 755.

good luck!
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by pholusho(m): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thanks yawa, when i opened up my public html folder, it shows me a list of my joomla folders and some where 644 and others 755, kind of confused here. thanks
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by yawatide(f): 1:52am On Apr 13, 2011
This thread might help: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1190396

Search for "JFolder::create: Could not create directory" and read *everything* from there on down.
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by soloqy: 7:43am On Apr 13, 2011
You could also go to your general joomla site configuration page and enable to ftp options under the server tab. Add your ftp username and password in the available fields and also indicate the folder in which your joomla installation lies. If its the root folder, then it should be /public_html/, if you are using a typical Cpanel/ Linux setting . Save configuration.
This should free you from the work of finding all the folders and changing permissions. Also it is safer as when you are installing modules/components, joomla just looks at your configuration settings and allows the installation. Having all your folders set to read/write/execute is dangerous and may allow exploits.
Re: Joomla Component Wont Install by pholusho(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Thanks every one, it was a problem with my configuration.php file, i specified the wrong path to my log and tmp files, it works fine now. Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Teach Me How To Create Web-site / Get Free .com, .net Domains With Just A Minimum Of 9 Referrals!! / Pls Wordpress Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.