Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

"go For People In Your League" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "go For People In Your League" (2868 Views)

Dating Beautiful Women - How To Attract Women Out Of Your League / Dating Out Of Your League / OMG! Crushing On Someone Who Z Outa Your League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"go For People In Your League" by dealordea(m): 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
You hear this all the time from people especially if you have trouble finding someone but how do you know if someone is "in your league"

Lets say youre talking looks obviously theres some hideous people and gorgeous but most people walking the streets are average or a little below or above

How do you judge who in the opposite gender is in your league so to speak?

Isnt it pretty subjective for the most part?

Is it better to just approach somebody you find attractive or approach somebody youre ehhh to but think its closer to your level?
Re: "go For People In Your League" by iice(f): 2:45am On Apr 14, 2011
I think league in this case usually refers to status. Mostly wealth or social status.

I'm not much for league whatever. I'm only picky about intelligence and humour. Oh and hands/feet tongue
I think it's important to approach someone you're attracted to. But sometimes family/society kinda just box you in, so you end up with someone on your level but not necessarily someone that blows you away mentally, emotionally or physically.
Re: "go For People In Your League" by edoyad(m): 3:27am On Apr 14, 2011
@OP like now a girl that is a Manchester United fan will not look somebody that is Real Madrid seriously. So if you want to meet someone, A Manchester girl must find someone in premiership that her club can identify with. Why will a barcelona boy start following a girl that is for example from an inferior league like German league, say Bayern ? It is not good
Re: "go For People In Your League" by BABE3: 3:34am On Apr 14, 2011
^^^lol, What are you talking about? A Man U fan, and an Enyimba fan can't date.?

@OP In my opnion, There is really only one league in the relationship scene: The human race! So, all these classifications, leagues, and co. are just effizy. They complicate matters.

Look at T.I and Wife! Typical example. smiley
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 3:37am On Apr 14, 2011
iice:

I think league in this case usually refers to status. Mostly wealth or social status.

I'm not much for league whatever. I'm only picky about intelligence and humour. Oh and hands/feet tongue
I think it's important to approach someone you're attracted to. But sometimes family/society kinda just box you in, so you end up with someone on your level but not necessarily someone that blows you away mentally, emotionally or physically.

Hmm deep deep!
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 3:40am On Apr 14, 2011
@Post i don't hear that phrase anymore, but i ave used "get on your level" b4 tongue or "i am not your type" tongue

Well the phrase usually does refer to social class tho, but if i am to use it, it's not because of class or anything like that, but my personal intrests/choices. smiley

If u don't compliment who i am or what i represent DON'T GO THERE WITH ME!
wink cool
Re: "go For People In Your League" by BABE3: 3:45am On Apr 14, 2011
^^^ Jenifa, wat do you represent? Ayetoro right?,
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 3:49am On Apr 14, 2011
^^^Lol mo bad gan. . .how u dey? smiley
Re: "go For People In Your League" by BABE3: 3:55am On Apr 14, 2011
I'm gud! chilling as usual, cool
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:01am On Apr 14, 2011
Its not even looks for me, the annoying thing is  when you get these trampy men/women coming over trying to talk to you when you are not interested but they still continue. My friends just walk away but because I was taught to be humble to people smiley and I also feel bad for the person if I just walked off without acknowledging them when they try talking I just bear it out. They need to know  the women/men they should approach. You cannot just go approach anyone you feel like approaching. Bath,brush your teeth and smell nice before you approach me and also have a car smiley
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 4:06am On Apr 14, 2011
kandiikane:

Its not even looks for me, the annoying thing is when you get these trampy men/women coming over trying to talk to you when you are not interested but they still continue. My friends just walk away but because I was taught to be humble to people smiley and I also feel bad for the person if I just walked off without acknowledging them when they try talking I just bear it out. They need to know the women/men they should approach. You cannot just go approach anyone you feel like approaching. Bath,brush your teeth and smell nice before you approach me and also have a car smiley

Ehn?lool even if it's not his car?

BABE!:

I'm gud! chilling as usual, cool
9ice1 wink
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:08am On Apr 14, 2011
Pweety4me:

Ehn?lool even if it's not his car?

9ice1 wink
yeah.The car is a bonus because I do not like taking a bus/train when I am dressed all nice to go out. smiley
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 4:17am On Apr 14, 2011
^^Lol very funni. . .or he could be taking yu home? undecided
Re: "go For People In Your League" by edoyad(m): 4:26am On Apr 14, 2011
kandiikane:

yeah.The car is a bonus because I do not like taking a bus/train when I am dressed all nice to go out. smiley

What do you mean ? A guy with a nice motorcycle is perfect to beat the traffic and any other hurdles. Cars ? What are those ?

^^Lol very funni. . .or he could be taking yu home?
and where would you rather be taken to pweety, the zoo ? grin grin
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:31am On Apr 14, 2011
edoyad:

What do you mean ? A guy with a nice motorcycle is perfect to beat the traffic and any other hurdles. Cars ? What are those ?

I cant wear a dress and get on a motor cycle smiley smiley smiley

Pweety4me:

^^Lol very funni. . .or he could be taking yu home? undecided

whose home mine or his?
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 4:36am On Apr 14, 2011
edoyad:

and where would you rather be taken to pweety, the zoo ? grin grin

U don't get it, olodo next time mind your business tiny winky tongue

kandiikane:

whose home mine or his?
wink
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:38am On Apr 14, 2011
Well if it is my man then his it is wink
Re: "go For People In Your League" by edoyad(m): 4:39am On Apr 14, 2011
angry
 I cant  wear a dress and get  on a motor cycle
Why not ? I see Italian women riding on scooters all the time with those uber expensive clothes on.

@pweety grin grin , you still remember that stuff ? Guess what ? IT'S NOW GROWN UP grin
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 4:42am On Apr 14, 2011
kandiikane:

Well if it is my man then his it is wink
Hmm

edoyad:

@pweety grin grin , you still remember that stuff ? Guess what ? IT'S NOW GROWN UP grin

I saw your comment to me somewhere, oh it's grown or your pocket has grown? tongue[size=3pt]Tell me d secret [/size] wink
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:46am On Apr 14, 2011
edoyad:

angry Why not ? I see Italian women riding on scooters all the time with those uber expensive clothes on.

Not me I'd rather a nice car maybe convertible
Re: "go For People In Your League" by ektbear: 4:51am On Apr 14, 2011
I've never had this philosophy. I always try to date the best I can find.

If you start dating/looking for girls with that mentality, it will only hurt you.

I don't think I'm anywhere near a 10 myself. . . far from a model, probably average or slightly above average looking dude (I'm tallish and have a good physique though.) But I've had no difficulty dating 8s, 9s, and occasionally 10s in my life.
Re: "go For People In Your League" by BABE3: 4:56am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

If you start dating/looking for girls with that mentality, it will only hurt you.

I don't think I'm anywhere near a 10 myself. . . far from a model, probably average or slightly above average looking dude (I'm tallish and have a good physique though.) But I've had no difficulty dating 8s, 9s, and occasionally 10s in my life.

You are  contradicting yourself o, ekiti man. You said "you've never had that philosophy". But you can only date 8s 9s and 10s. What happened to the 1s and -6s.?  embarassed They are not in your league?
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 4:58am On Apr 14, 2011
< For me its not looks its the manner you carry yourself
Re: "go For People In Your League" by edoyad(m): 5:00am On Apr 14, 2011
@babe he said he'd have 'no difficulty dating 8, 9s and 10s.

@pweety, if you still doubt me i'll post a pix of the 'edie' grin, don't tempt me. Which pocket again ?

@kandi i understand, hairy legs don't exactly love to ride on bikes, right
grin
Re: "go For People In Your League" by SEFAGO(m): 5:02am On Apr 14, 2011
I think he meant he only attracts the 8s, 9s and 10s

Swagger grin

@ Ekt_bear

We might need proof though anyone can make claims online. Also American girls like "The D" a lot and dont really mind who its coming from. Your luck might run out if you were in a different country
Re: "go For People In Your League" by ektbear: 5:04am On Apr 14, 2011
BABE!:

You are  contradicting yourself o, ekiti man. You said "you've never had that philosophy". But you can only date 8s 9s and 10s. What happened to the 1s and -6s.?  embarassed
I mean, I don't limit myself. If I think a girl is cute, I'll talk to her, regardless whether she is "out of my league" or not.

Btw, this # system isn't even how I think about things. . . I'm either attracted to a girl or not. In my mind, the scale is probably 0 or 1  grin
Re: "go For People In Your League" by ektbear: 5:05am On Apr 14, 2011
Sefago, do you use yahoo messenger?

Anyway, I didn't want to personalize this or brag. . . no point bragging on the internet.

Main takeaway message, don't limit yourself in life  smiley
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 5:05am On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't think I'm anywhere near a 10 myself. . . far from a model, probably average or slightly above average looking dude (I'm tallish and have a good physique though.)[b] But I've had no difficulty dating 8s, 9s, and occasionally 10s in my [/b]life.

Honest and direct I like thatsmiley

edoyad:

@kandi i understand, hairy legs don't exactly love to ride on bikes, right
grin

I do not have hairy legs even if I do its invisible to the n[i]ak[/i]ed eye grin
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Pweety4me(f): 5:08am On Apr 14, 2011
edoyad:

@pweety, if you still doubt me i'll post a pix of the 'edie' grin, don't tempt me. Which pocket again ?

Did u post a pic b4?plse don't make me laff! cheesy
Re: "go For People In Your League" by ektbear: 5:09am On Apr 14, 2011
SEFAGO:

Also American girls like "The D" a lot and dont really mind who its coming from. Your luck might run out if you were in a different country
Heh. You might be right. But I've not really lived in any other country but here and naija. Who knows, maybe I'd be a bum in Europe lipsrsealed
Re: "go For People In Your League" by kandiikane(m): 5:11am On Apr 14, 2011
American girls are narstyy and the men are both narsty and freaky,
Re: "go For People In Your League" by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 14, 2011
If u only approach people based on who u think is in ur "league" u will only limit urself. IMHO the only "league" is the human league as looks is purely subjective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Do Anything For The One You Truely Love? / On Yur Wedding Night Your Wife Confesses To U Dat She Is Mammy Water / Is Romance Before Marriage A Sin?....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.