Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:06 PM

As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? (1130 Views)

How Did You Woo Your Girlfriend? / Only A Real Woman Would See This And Still Stick With You....true Or False? / Guys: How Did You Woo Your First-Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by leyopumpin(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
In this part of the world, it is usually men that make the first move to win women’s hearts. But is there anything that says that a woman cannot woo a man in Africa? Many women spoke on this. While some see a woman wooing a man as a abomination, others don’t see it as a big deal. In fact, there are women who said they have actually walked up to men to ask them to be their lovers.

http://leyeomole..com/2011/04/as-woman-would-you-woo-man.html
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Blazay(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
Heeeeeeeeeeeellll Nooooooooooooo!!! kiss

I can sit on my bed and be a better lover than any man by 'doing' ma-self with ma fingers or 'dil-dee-oh'. . .so why go woo a man to be my lover? undecided
In this 21st century? shocked

Never have and never will. kiss
You have to 'warm' me up to get my attention. wink
I may flirt with you or engage in phone/cyber sexing. . . kiss

It does not mean I wanno woo ya.
You really have to make me know how bad you wannit!

According to the gospel of Jimmy Cliff. . .

You can gerrit if you really want. . . but you must try. . .try and try! Period! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EAqHx2lMk&feature=related
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by InkedNerd(f): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
@OP: There are parts of Africa where women woo men undecided. Anyway to answer the question on the title, yes I would woo a man.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
Nothing wrong in women wooing men but some dudes take it to wat its not, am ok wv it
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Abbycrown(f): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Whether it's a big deal or not, an abomination or not; personally I will never ask a guy out!
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
Ara nkan ti anso ni yen,
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
Abbycrown:

Whether it's a big deal or not, an abomination or not; personally I will never ask a guy out!

and when you see some guy you truly like and a more confident lady steps up to the plate, you console yourself by claiming the guy was never really meant for you.

sorry . .
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by InkedNerd(f): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^ Ok, I'm gonna admit I giggled when I read your comment it but it is a good question though.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^

it wasnt a question, ink nerdy!! wink
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by good2know: 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
it is not a big deal. i see any lady that do it as a more mature type
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by InkedNerd(f): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoye:

^^^

it wasnt a question, ink nerdy!! wink

Ooops, thanks for pointing that out. It was a good point though wink
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by adamsrib(f): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
The "rib"was made to be cared and provided for. There is a reason man was created first. I will never ever pursue any man. It's a shame, some women have bought the feminism crap to their own detriment. Men can't even be who God created them to be anymore.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^

No wonder 'men' commit all kinds of crime to 'care and provide' for their 'ribs' these days at all costs. I guess that's acceptable to  you

What happened if or when you 'provider' is no longer able to do these things . . do you move on to the next 'provider'?

And does the fact that you started a conversation with a man indicate that he cannot 'care and provide' for you 

Dont twist the Bible please.

God help us all.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by adamsrib(f): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoye:

^^^

No wonder 'men' commit all kinds of crime to 'care and provide' for their 'ribs' these days at all costs. I guess that's acceptable to  you

What happened if or when you 'provider' is no longer able to do these things . . do you move on to the next 'provider'?

And does the fact that you started a conversation with a man indicate that he cannot 'care and provide' for you 

Dont twist the Bible please.

God help us all.

Hold up playa. Dont put words in my mouth and infer meaning when there is none. Nobody said anything about stealing. If that is the only way you can hold it down, then that is on you. If you attract chicks who only want you for money, again that's on you. If you didn't go to school and get a good education so you can take care of yours, again THAT'S ON YOU.There are millions of men who go to work every day to provide for their families legally. And in case you didn't know, that is what real men are supposed to do.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by dbigrod(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
Several naija babes do it so whats d big deal ?
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by livedit(f): 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
I don't know about "Africa" since I've never been there.  But speaking from an all American's point of view, no.  I can not "woo" a stranger.  I am old fashion and prefer the man to approach me.  Plus it's in the bible: "A man who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing".  Now, once he "does" find me, I do my woo'ing of him by treating him like the "king" he was made to be.  

But unfortunately, that's not for every woman.  Some women are bold enough to go after what they want and don't give it a second thought.  And who am I to "playa hate" their game.  You do you.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
adamsrib:

Hold up playa. Dont put words in my mouth and infer meaning when there is none. Nobody said anything about stealing. If that is the only way you can hold it down, then that is on you. If you attract chicks who only want you for money, again that's on you. If you didn't go to school and get a good education so you can take care of yours, again THAT'S ON YOU.There are millions of men who go to work every day to provide for their families legally. And in case you didn't know, that is what real men are supposed to do.

OK.

I agree, as a responsible man, you want to make sure your family is taken care of. Adn that is exactly what I am but I am not going to knock down the men out there trying to be responsible.

I am sure we have seen cases of men who have done everything you listed here and somewhere along the line, an accident happens - the man is no longer able to be the provider. That is no man's wish or prayer but stuff happens.

what then?
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
livedit:

I don't know about "Africa" since I've never been there. But speaking from an all American's point of view, no. I can not "woo" a stranger.

Hold up there Livedit.

Dont tell me a LOT of All American ladies do not woo strangers.

No you did not just say that . . . .
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by livedit(f): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoye:

Hold up there Livedit.

Dont tell me a LOT of All American ladies do not woo strangers.

No you did not just say that . . . .

Hi kokoye! smiley

No, I was speaking for myself as an all American woman. Not for everyone. That is why I said the 2nd paragraph.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by adamsrib(f): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoye:

OK.

I agree, as a responsible man, you want to make sure your family is taken care of. Adn that is exactly what I am but I am not going to knock down the men out there trying to be responsible.

I am sure we have seen cases of men who have done everything you listed here andans somewhere along the line, an accident happens - the man is no longer able to be the provider. That is no man's wish or prayer but stuff happens.

what then?

If he picked a good woman she will step up to the plate to take care of her family. We all know that bad stuff happens, that is why women need to have their papers too. I also think that if a woman wants she should work.

My husband had women try to toast him and he said it was the biggest turn off ever, but that is just him. To each his or her own, but for me, I never did such a thing when I was single.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Nekai(f): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
Blazay:

Heeeeeeeeeeeellll Nooooooooooooo!!! kiss

I can sit on my bed and be a better lover than any man by 'doing' ma-self with ma fingers or 'dil-dee-oh'. . .so why go woo a man to be my lover? undecided
In this 21st century? shocked

Never have and never will. kiss
You have to 'warm' me up to get my attention. wink
I may flirt with you or engage in phone/cyber sexing. . . kiss

It does not mean I wanno woo ya.
You really have to make me know how bad you wannit!

According to the gospel of Jimmy Cliff. . .

You can gerrit if you really want. . . but you must try. . .try and try! Period! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EAqHx2lMk&feature=related

LOL!
(Btw u and your hubby are a match made in heaven!  cheesy)
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by adamsrib(f): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
livedit:

I don't know about "Africa" since I've never been there.  But speaking from an all American's point of view, no.  I can not "woo" a stranger.  I am old fashion and prefer the man to approach me.  Plus it's in the bible: "A man who findeth a wife, findeth a good thing".  Now, once he "does" find me, I do my woo'ing of him by treating him like the "king" he was made to be.

But unfortunately, that's not for every woman.  Some women are bold enough to go after what they want and don't give it a second thought.  And who am I to "playa hate" their game.  You do you.

Amen! Especially the bolded part.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
@topic, I'm not sure if I could.  undecided
or would want to. I prefer my usual role of being sought after lol
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
adamsrib:

If he picked a good woman she will step up to the plate to take care of her family. We all know that bad stuff happens, . .

My point exactly.

The fact that the man is no longer able to be the provider does not mean he is not a real man. Although no one prays for such a thing to happen.

All in all, it is a matter of opinion. But I will not knock down the other party.

Most of us men would run for our lives if a strange lady came straight out to ask for a relationship  cheesy

But on the flip side, several men were 'wooed' by their wives without knowing it  . . due to the subtle ways in which the females did it at the time.

God help us all.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Omolola1(f): 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Well,

If am in the position to do so, i would  undecided
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by adamsrib(f): 8:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
kokoye:

My point exactly.

The fact that the man is no longer able to be the provider does not mean he is not a real man. Although no one prays for such a thing to happen.

All in all, it is a matter of opinion. But I will not knock down the other party.

Most of us men would run for our lives if a strange lady came straight out to ask for a relationship  cheesy

But on the flip side, several men were 'wooed' by their wives without knowing it  . . due to the subtle ways in which the females did it at the time.

God help us all.

I'm glad we understand each other. :-)
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Blazay(m): 6:33am On Apr 14, 2011
Nekai:

LOL!
(Btw u and your hubby are a match made in heaven!  cheesy)

Purrrrrfect match!
God could not have given me a better spouse! cool
Especially after encoutering some 'things' on and off the cyber airways.
May he never get to meet them in the name of my GOD! cheesy
No man is worth wooing by any woman. The man should do all the wooing.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Pweety4me(f): 6:35am On Apr 14, 2011
Yea i luvs to wissle 4 the hottie(s) cheesy wink tongue
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Abbycrown(f): 8:43am On Apr 14, 2011
kokoye:

and when you see some guy you truly like and a more confident lady steps up to the plate, you console yourself by claiming the guy was never really meant for you.

sorry . .
Aimoye(countless)! I've seen guys that I liked and that I wished could ask me out; but since I have my pride as a lady, I'd rather let the feeling fade off rather than spit it out. Besides, such relationships don't last.
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by Brite02(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2011
tongue for the record, never woo a man and regret later grin xpecially in africa

africans are still growing inn their mentality, i tell ya!
Re: As A Woman, Would You Woo A Man? by kokoye(m): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2011
Abbycrown:

Aimoye(countless)! I've seen guys that I liked and that I wished could ask me out; but since I have my pride as a lady, I'd rather let the feeling fade off rather than spit it out. Besides, such relationships don't last.

I can count a couple for you . . all happily married with kids. Take this from an old school Nigerian man.

Like I said earlier, there are subtle ways to woo a guy. Most men would run for dear life if some strange female walked up and straight up asked for a relationship.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your View About Going Spiritual B4 Getting Married? / His Spoken English Is Giving Her Serious Problems / Baby Are Cute , Nigerian Sisters Are Attractive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.