Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (7624 Views)

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail / President & Labour Finally Reach An Agreement - Work Resumes Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
P.M.NEWS gathered that earlier deliberations by the parties at the meeting had concluded that the party which performed best during the National Assembly elections will produce the presidential candidate while the other will then tell its supporters to vote for the consensus candidate.

In this case, ACN which had more National Assembly members than Buhari’s CPC was expected to produce the consensus candidate but representatives of Buhari reportedly backpedaled, insisting that the retired general should be the consensus candidate because he still has broad support in the North despite his party’s dismal performance during the National Assembly elections last Saturday.

The ACN representatives, it was learnt, were unhappy with the turn of events and decided that the parties should test their strength on the political turf.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/13/no-deal-acn-cpc-alliance-collapses/
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by darne(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hmmm well i wish Nigeria the best !!!
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by jidody(m): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
ACN should consider aligning with the new improved PDP.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Beaf3: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
I would advice any reasonable Nigerian to vote Buhari
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by skydeexie(m): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
Therefore to the political turf they must go - but guess who is going to come up victorious?

[size=16pt]G E J [/size]    All the way!
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Akinmobs(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
I have always known that buhari is an arrogant man. Imagine the bigot demanding the Ribadu steps down for him despite the fact that the former's Party performed better than him in the National Assembly Polls. I just hope jarus and aisha prevail on this bigot

1 Like

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by gidson12(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
so the grand alliance finally hit the rock undecided
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Pukkah: 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Exactly!  Each party should test its strength and 'hope' for the possibility of a run-off election. And if that doesn't happen they should lick their wounds.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by nich(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
wow! eeyah! who said working out a partnership was easy! smiley
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by dasa: 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf.:

I would advice any reasonable Nigerian to vote Buhari

fake beaf. i am not reasonable at all, thats why i am voting GEJ.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by baduks(m): 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
ACN and CPC should bring the ideas they got together and present to GEJ so that he can evaluate and include in his agenda if it makes sense. However I'm certain Buhari's suggestions will take us back like 2 decades and Ribadu's will help fight corruption because of his experience.

GEJ remains the "best of the rest " of the aspirants, so let Nigerians give him the chance to do it.

1 Like

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by brixton: 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
Na wa fo NLers ooo, Why copy BEAF's name to make it look like he is against GEJ, Abeg Beaf gimme some FRESHAIR
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by CrudeOil2(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
Whatever plans they have wont affect GEJ's victory on saturday.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by truetalk01(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Saturday will end all dis story. Gej all d way
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Wislet(f): 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
Nigerians>>> We still dey laugh o!
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by espn(m): 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
If ALLAH wills, you would get to the top, BUHARI, you have tried your best, lets watch, lets see what the future would look like,
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Baawaa(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
It's easy to point out the problem, but it takes guts to be part of the solution.So my people.GEJ is part of the solution to Nigeria problems!!![s][i][/s][/i]
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Omoadugbo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
I being Waiting for the Alliance to HAPPEN anytime this Week.If that is the LAST attempt am SORRY SORRY for NIGERIA. The So-Expected GREATness of Nigeria may Only Come in the WORLD to COME. I wish everybody Well, africa when will you rise.nigeria when will you ripe.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by babaowo: 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hmm nah wha oooooooo their imagination was scattered lol sori oooooooo
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by efisher(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
Omoadugbo:

I being Waiting for the Alliance to HAPPEN anytime this Week.If that is the LAST attempt am SORRY SORRY for NIGERIA. The So-Expected GREATness of Nigeria may Only Come in the WORLD to COME. I wish everybody Well,  africa when will you rise.nigeria when will you ripe.

Believe again. The change is here already. Embrace it!

Goodluck to you,
Goodluck to me,
Goodluck Nigeria.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Reference(m): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
Well, well, well. The facts stand out clearly. Its all about personalities, not policies. Even a shared manifesto of getting the ruling party out cannot gel both parties. When will strong institutions ever be built. When will they ever have the interests of the people. When you have an uncompromising combatant on one side and a political god-father on the other what do you expect.

I'm still not convinced these folkscan effectively seperate us from their ambitions.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Boller: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
But why? Let leave selfish interest here it about moving Nigeria forward Buhari is better than Ribadu forget about the result of last weekend election. Pls. Vote Buhari jare.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by ekea2001: 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
confirmed- Buhari , Adeola !! grin
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
ekea2001:

confirmed- Buhari , Adeola !! grin

Or you mean Ribadu , Bakare.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by ekea2001: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
and now what agreement went behind the scenes? desperation versus sincerity??
is anything still possible!
stay tuned.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Misterpaul(m): 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
Well,after the election,GEJ might appoint Buhari as the minister of defence, Ribadu-Director of theEfcc, Shekarau-minister for information, Fola-Finance minister, Bakare-, who knows.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by walata44(m): 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
The support Buhari is getting from most people on this forum, which I presume they are mostly from southern part of Nigeria. I hope the northern brother can do the same for any one from the south. As for me, Ribadu all the way,

1 Like

Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
Integrity, Competence with Humility

Be wise with your vote!!

He truely cares for our beloved country

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by BigB11(m): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
Any reasonable Nigerian that wants real positive change will vote for Buhari.
Looking @ the track records of PDP and AC N, one will quickly realize that the difference btw the 2 parties isn't much.
Apart from the incredible performance of Gov. Fashola, AC N really has nothing else but money (directly from Lagos state pocket) to win all these senatorial spots.

What I know:
1.PDP:This party doesn't give a damn about anything or anybody, but selves and very much proud of it.

2.AC N: this party is ready to perform, but also makes it clear that they will pocket some money with very little hesitation.
If you think back, this was also how PDP started 15 years ago. Hence, it is a matter of time, AC N will repeat what PDP has shown us for almost 15 years.

3.CPC: this party doesn't have money, but has integrity, honesty and an ok record.
CPC is focused and very ready to bring the change we have been craving in this country for over 25 years. They will work day and night for all Nigerians. They will bring back the morals, positive strenght and discipline we need more than anything in this country.

The best thing that can happen to Nigeria is to mix things up; AC N in control of the national assembly ( the house), CPC in-charge of Aso Rock and allow PDP to continue to crumble till the end of time.

Buhari 2011 or else we will continue to fool ourselves for another 4 years.
Re: ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Southwest Rocks! / Buhari's Certificate: Controversy Stayed Too Long-barcanista / Peter Obi Celebrates His 56th Birthday. His Challenges And Legendary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.