Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Do We Have Published Authors Here? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do We Have Published Authors Here? (4064 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Nairalanders Who Have Published Their Books / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by ragdollz: 11:22pm On May 17, 2011
@Netra, looks like you didn't get my mail, cos I didn't see ur reply. Is that ur website or email addy?

well I think you have a great idea that should be developed. I'll be in touch.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Netra: 10:29am On May 26, 2011
Hello Ragdollz,
I didn't get your mail. Could you use nettyraf@yahoo.com? Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by ragdollz: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2011
Netra:

Hello Ragdollz,
I didn't get your mail. Could you use nettyraf@yahoo.com? Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Really? I've sent you at least two emails to your different adds. But I'll try the one above and hope it reaches you. Or here's mine: ragdollz89@yahoo.co.uk. I've been working on finishing a great big story and I'd have liked you to read a bit of it.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by ayosmiles(m): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hello. This is to invite all literary enthusiasts to the first edition of the Literary Cafe; A date with the book, the pen and the idea. The event is coming up on the 21st of june at the golden crown Restaurant, Akure. The guest writer is Geraldine Iheme of Big Brother Africa who will be reading her book, Disfigured emotions. We are also drafting up a list of upcoming writers to feature in the event. To participate or feature, you can call:
08098741336, 08166906999.
check www.ideologyera..com.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by busybody20: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
Myne Whitman  cool -  A Heart to Mend & A Love Rekindled

Free download ended yesterday grin
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by adros84(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2011
I have published seven books:
Three of them are plays for children- (The Faith Child, The Trial of Faith, The Triumph of Faith)
Two are books on English Language for Secondary school students ( A Revision Guide to Comprehension for SSCE, Comprehensive Oral English for SSCE)
while the other two are Christian books (The Christian Youth & Career Choice, Pulling Down the Stronghold of Barreness)
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Jettage: 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
www.us-alf.org

You have a link to writers on the site above
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by EuroMeko(m): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
Netra:

Thank you, Cisse, I really need the blurb. Could you visit my website and tell me what you think? www.nettyejike.com Thanks.

Wow.

I read part of the first excerpt and I am hooked.

How can I get both books in the US?
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 17, 2011
My pen name is Prince Ferderick Ccf, i am working currently on 26 bks out of 52,am very mch talentd n planning 2 make a career out of it.
My bks are all expository,i specializes in unveiling mysteries,that's y all my bks are dedicated to those who seeks 4 d knowlege of d unknown n all lovers of truth.
Some of thm includes:
* What ur pst hasn't taught u abt d trinity:understanding d mysteries of d holy trinity.
* The subconscious and unconscious forces,
* Introduction to WELFARECRACY:the highest level of democracy,
* Wealth transfer and Financial freedom,
* Principles of sex determination in babies before conception:ccf's method of natural family planning,
* Creation,evolution and origin of life
* The philosophy of WELFAREISM
* CICIOSOPHY:the ccf's wisdom
* The miraculous
* Understanding the power that controls your DESTINY
* E.t.c
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Haroldben(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2011
wow, seems we have lots of good, yet largely unknown writers in the house. Myne Whitman seems to be the only exception. Netra, i just went through your site. I was moved by the commendations. cool stuff. But, to be honest,i think you should do something to the site. Make it a bit more attractive. Get a good web designer. It doesnt need to be sophisticated. Could be simple, but tight. You know your website is your salesman. Some websites need to be looked at three times before the visitor even decides to go through it. Others need to be looked at once. you can even try blogger or wordpress(my fave!). They are free and cool.

As for a lotta other 'unknown' writers on this thread, lets try to get people review our works on THEIR OWN SITES, especially, if their sites draw lota traffic. That way, a lot of people will get to know you and we wouldnt always sound like desperate self-trumpet blowers, if you get what i mean. you could check out a weblog like Naija Writers Crib at www.naijawriterscrib.. They review works and interview (rookie) authors.
Also join sites like naijastories.com to post your stories and get them constructively criticised. You will gather lots of fans along the way.
You can also make free copies of your books available for download on sites like www.free-ebooks.net as e-book. This way, if people like one of your books, they may be 'forced' to purchase the other when next they hear your next book has been released.
Cheers!!!
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by MosD: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2011
While we ar on dis subject, pls cn anybody help? I have a gud crime fiction story, i'd queried a publisher in d USA n they have agreed to wrk wit me base on joint funding because im a new writer. The total cost on my part is 1000 dollars n i cn b paying as low as 50 dollar in instalment. Though i dnt even have d money yet bt i wnt 2 knw if d risk is worth taking. Pls whats ur take?
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Ayoobscom(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by DaDoctor: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
SEX KILLS SKILLS IS AN 'OTTOR' HE 'OTTORED' THE BOOK 'HOW TO REALISE AN EFFECTIVE MASTER BATION'

Though he sold just 3 copies(one for his mum and the rest for his brothers)

Ask 190, i am not lieing!
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by cisse7575(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hello readers, I will love everybody to read the post my blog
www..com/cisse7575 and please let me know what you think all, thanks,
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by hafees: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hi Guys i have been following this for a while and now its on the front page:

I am a published author and presently i just started a Nigerian romance series something like the MnB and harlequin. I will like you guys to check out my blog and let me know what you think

www.butterflyromanceseries..com

I am also taking this opportunity to invite romance writers who would like to get published.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by MyneWhite1(f): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
Mos_D:

While we ar on dis subject, pls cn anybody help? I have a gud crime fiction story, i'd queried a publisher in d USA n they have agreed to wrk wit me base on joint funding because im a new writer. The total cost on my part is 1000 dollars n i cn b paying as low as 50 dollar in instalment. Though i dnt even have d money yet bt i wnt 2 knw if d risk is worth taking. Pls whats your take?

I think you should be careful of publishers that want you to pay such an amount of money, and it's supposed to be joint. If you can use the internet well, I suggest you check out Createspace.com and lulu.com, they have options for you to publish your book free.

All the best.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by sashaa(f): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hi y'all i really admire u guys. I tried my hand at writting on white romance several years ago while still in secondary school and a lot of my friends loved it. Thing is, i never finished it. I dont know if its possible to ever rekindle that fire again. Really saddens me.
Goodluck to u all.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Natasha2(f): 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
I haven't published my book yet sad anyways the name is SILENT VOICES
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by MosD: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2011
@ myne white, thanx alot, i will try d links u gave. Wondering if myne white is ur pseudonym name, wish 2 contact u, i could learn alot 4rm u.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by cisse7575(m): 1:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
Made a mistake with the link, it is http://cisse7575..com/ please read the story I post and comment.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by hafees: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
Cisse  i read your stuff, very nice. Myne Whitman thanks for the encouragement, and all you guys can join butterfly books (butterfly romance series) on face book too to give us the necessary boost  :

you can also check us on  our blog and join our membership base with loads of freebies. www.butterflyromanceseries..com
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by MyneWhite1(f): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
hafees:

Cisse  i read your stuff, very nice. Myne Whitman thanks for the encouragement, and all you guys can join butterfly books (butterfly romance series) on face book too to give us the necessary boost  :

you can also check us on  our blog and join our membership base with loads of freebies. www.butterflyromanceseries..com

You're welcome. You can also add your link to http://www.naijastories.com/naijastories-blog-registry/ to get more traffic
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by cisse7575(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
hafees:

thanks 2 u hafeez and myne white.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by cisse7575(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2011
Hello my fellow great writers, I rewrote the chapter one of the soul of an African Man, please compare it to the first one I posted
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by cisse7575(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2011
blog address cisse7575..com let me know what you think, which one will you prefer, the first one or the second one? I'm about to post the chapter two, will do it next week though,
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by virgo(f): 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2011
I am a published author. My book "Twilight at Terracotta indigo", a suspense thriller set in Nigeria is available in bookstores like

1) Hub Media Stores, Palms, Lekki,
2) Debonair bookstore Sabo Yaba, Lagos
3) Naija Sistas Bookstop 26 Festival Road off Adetokunbo Ademola Street VI, Lagos
4) Lifestyle Media Store Silverbird Galleria, Central Area Abuja
5) Pen and Pages bookstore, plot 79 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja
6) The booksellers Limited, ground floor, City Plaza, Ahmadu Bello Way, Garki 2, Area 11 Abuja

You can check out my website for more about me - http://www.umariayim.com
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Peaceworld(m): 7:55am On Sep 12, 2011
THE BLACK BOOK is the first in a series of seven books I tagged THE BOOKLORD ADVENTURES. Published by Xlibris and available at Amazon, Barnes n Noble, Xlibris, and many other online stores, I'm curreently working in conjunction with my sister in the US to publish the second book in the series, THE WHITE BOOK. Book cover is shown below. Go to site below to know more

http://booklordadventures.weebly.com/

Looking for Nigerian marketers and publishers to bring this ultimate teen fantasy into the Nigerian market. You can email me
mailgeorgeshadow@yahoo.com

or call my Nigerian number 07030815856.

Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by MyneWhite1(f): 6:17am On Sep 20, 2011
Nice cover Peaceworld.
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Peaceworld(m): 2:05am On Sep 24, 2011
Thanks Myne, got someone who helped me on d cover,
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by Matrin(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2011
I'm a seculated writer and my first romance book is titled DILEMMA BECOMES UNREALISTIC this book is a love story of the 21st century and it'll definitely make u roll up ya sleeves pls guys reach me on matrinnoon@fastmail.co.uk
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by DelizonPub: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
Re: Do We Have Published Authors Here? by rapmike(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Hey, who allowed dis thread 2 die? It is a very gud thread.

I am a writer, though i am currently writing my 1st draft here on nairaland called Crimson. The fact is dat am a greenhorn and i dnt knw abt querying publishers or wat dat means, however i have registered in Lulu.com. PLEASE MYNEMAN AND CO, CUM BACK AND HELP ME HERE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

~wandering Soul~christian Fiction / My Father My Worst Enemy / Alter Ego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.