Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised (15942 Views)

Why PDP Spared Makinde, Ugwuanyi, Descended On Ortom, Fayose, Anyim — Vanguard / Three Jukun Fishermen Arrested Over Attack On Ortom / APC Apologises To "Kankara Boys", Says Incident Won’t Repeat Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by fergie001: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday described the attack on Benue State Governor as unacceptable, warning, however, that the incident should not be politicised.

Buhari who said an attack on any Nigerian is an attack on all Nigerians, welcomed the deployment of a high-level team of crack investigators to the state from the Police headquarters in Abuja, calling on the officers to fish out the perpetrators of the attack and bring them to justice.

“In expressing his sympathies, and that of the government of the federation to Governor Ortom and all Benue indigenes, President Buhari said the unfortunate incident must not be politicized, reiterating that an attack on one Nigerian is an attack on all Nigerians,” a statement from a presidential aide, Garba Shehu, added.

The Nigerian leader, therefore, directed the Police to undertake a thorough investigation into the incident involving the governor and into all such incidents affecting individuals and communities in the state.

“Let there be open and transparent investigation and whoever is linked to it should be caught and be made to face the law,” Buhari added.

Ortom Attacked

Gunmen suspected to be herdsmen had over the weekend attacked Ortom at Tyo Mu along Makurdi/Gboko road in Makurdi Local Government Area of the state.

Briefing journalists, Ortom, who described the gunmen as ‘herdsmen’, said about 15 of the attackers trailed him to the river bank where he was on foot.

The Governor praised his security details that were just about six in number for responding quickly to the attack and repelled them promptly before providing cover for him to return to safety and his vehicle.

"My lawyer is going to make a petition against the leadership of MACBAN because they came out to target me and behind the scene, they are planning to eliminate me on my own land,” he said.

“If I can’t go to the farm as governor with entire security around me then who else can go to the farm? You can imagine the pains that we have here in Benue State.

“I appreciate the security personnel attached to me they were able to repel them and they could not have access to me,” Ortom stated.

SOURCE

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Paperworka: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
Buhari is the sponsor of that attack and all I could see on ORTOM is FEAR

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by igboarenice: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
I'm shocked by southerners crying foul, shouting fulanisation . Whatever criminal herders are doing to you it's a negligible percentage of what northerners are enduring.
A prominent emir beards was almost roasted with ak-47 bullets he managed to escape the bullets of these killers because his feet velocity is faster than your internet.
Now imagine It was the Ooni of ife or the Obi of Onitsha that was attacked
My point is these criminals don't give a hoot whenever you're Igbo,Yoruba or you're a descendant of Uthman Dan Fodiyo.
Yes, like the President said let's stop this monster and stop politicizing insecurities

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Terorislam: 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
But mr Buhari hope you know that since you came to power the national issues and language that everybody is using and discussing are
Herdsmen,
Bandits
Hoodlums
Hijab issues (Yoruba Muslims)
Cow
Please add urs

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by megacity: 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
If a governor with all that heavy security can easily be attacked like this then you can imagine what ordinary unarmed citizens are going through

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by BobbieZion(m): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Reminds me of how they killed Yakowa,Azazi,Alex badeh and many others.
This happens once you leak or threaten to leak their secrets.
And till this day no reports.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by BobbieZion(m): 10:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Terorislam:
But mr Buhari hope you know that since you came to power the national issues and language that everybody is using and discussing are
Herdsmen,
Bandits
Hoodlums
Cow
Please add urs

Ruga
ISWAP
Boko Haram
Niger

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by slivertongue: 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
absentee president

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by inoki247: 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
okay Mr Condemn Iron

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Arije nidi ibaje

People often confuse Hausa honestly with Fulani, it is Hausas that are honest!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Badorey6: 11:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
Terorislam:
Herdsmen,
Bandits
Hoodlums
Cow
Please add urs

OS.U caste system.
Marginalization of Igbo Muslims.
Baby Factory.
Cocaine drug pushing.
Awkuzu massacre.
Airlifting countless IPOB women by military.
Oyigbo massacre.

Buhari need to speak about the above too.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by trutharena: 11:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
Badorey6:

OS.U caste system.
Marginalization of Igbo Muslims.
Baby Factory.
Cocaine drug pushing.
Awkuzu massacre.
Airlifting countless IPOB women by military.
Oyigbo massacre.

Buhari need to speak about the above too.

100%.

Buhari need to speak up about this.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Vickym1(f): 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
The buhari here is garba shehu or adesina so we're not surprise

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Badorey6: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
SuperBold:

Do you know that when Orlu women got to Mogadishu barrack, their mind changed when they saw how fulani soldiers were treating their wives and the Kondo each fulani jajaweed soldiers carried under belt. The orlu women confirmed it is bigger and the no need to drink Yoruba woman agbo to stand up and do his work cheesy

125 Orlu women have refused to come home angry angry

Chai!

Bring back our Orlu women o.

When I used to think Agbo is the biggest remedy to erectile dysfunction. So you mean Fulani soliders don’t need that ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
Badorey6:

Chai!

Bring back our Orlu women o.

When I used to think Agbo is the biggest remedy to erectile dysfunction. So you mean Fulani soliders don’t need that ?

Agbo can only flourish where there is massive erectile dysfunction. Why do you think many fulani have 2 to 3 wives with plenty children?

Oyinbo need to investigate it
Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Badorey6: 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
SuperBold:

Agbo can only flourish where there is massive erectile dysfunction. Why do you think many fulani have 2 to 3 wives with plenty children?

Oyinbo need to investigate it

Mmmm.

You’re 100% right tho.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Grace001: 6:01am On Mar 22, 2021
Nigeria is a place where anyone can get killed anytime any day , going out there to look for your daily bread is like walking through the shadows of death

So if you’re reading this, be grateful to God for counting you among the living

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Cooldiipo(m): 6:01am On Mar 22, 2021
angry

commander in chief of the armed forces, say the words and let your people go back to their cow. They have tasted free money from kidnapping business. Wahala dey!
Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by chiemmanuel(m): 6:02am On Mar 22, 2021
Thats the way things are in this country

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Elvis2kay: 6:04am On Mar 22, 2021
shocked
Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Auxtin85(m): 6:06am On Mar 22, 2021
This terrorist should just shut his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by tamdun: 6:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Terorislam:
Herdsmen,
Bandits
Hoodlums
Cow
Please add urs
U people are nuisance

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by Cooldiipo(m): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Buhari condemns

Buhari comniserates

Buhari condoles

Buhari decries

When the righteous rules....

Do you need external battery and powerbank for laptops, phones etc. Ten hours plus guaranteed and twenty four hours of usage very possible! Recommend to your friends.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by nyiamfrank: 6:07am On Mar 22, 2021
President Garba Shehu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by elmessiahs(m): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Just wondering how Ortom ran, but the end point is that Nigeria is now a wild forest where anyone can be killed. No one is saved

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:08am On Mar 22, 2021
igboarenice:
I'm shocked by southerners crying foul, shouting fulanisation . Whatever criminal herders are doing to you it's a negligible percentage of what northerners are enduring.
A prominent emir beards was almost roasted with ak-47 bullets he managed to escape the bullets of these killers because his feet velocity is faster than your internet.
Now imagine It was the Ooni of ife or the Obi of Onitsha that was attacked
My point is these criminals don't give a hoot whenever you're Igbo,Yoruba or you're a descendant of Uthman Dan Fodiyo.
Yes, like the President said let's stop this monster and stop politicizing insecurities

If these bandits are as brutal as you claim,
Why is the govt sending Shiek Gumi to convince Nigerians not to call them criminals,

You have to decide, are they criminals or victims like the govt wants us to believe

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by pickatyouu: 6:09am On Mar 22, 2021
That is how low our politics and security have gone.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by HeadShot: 6:10am On Mar 22, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist leader....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Condemns Attack On Ortom, Says Incident Should Not Be Politicised by austinvsb: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2021
Can't Buhari go on LIVE television and condemn in very firm terms the atrocities by this criminals?!! Take questions from journalists, assuage Nigerians that all is well and he doesn't support the atrocities committed by them?

His silence may very well lead to the end of Nigeria as we know it! I am so fucking livid I supported this idiot in 2015!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike, PDP G5 And ‘Devolution’ Of Presidential Support - The Guardian / I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ / Lamido Congratulates Buhari - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.