Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials (6174 Views)

This Did Not Happen In Edo State. See How They Lied Against Gov Oshiomhole. PICS / BREAKING : Oshiomhole Sacks Four Commissioners / Oshiomhole Sacks State Executive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 15, 2011
The Edo State Government on Thursday announced the sacking of more political appointees.

The move is believed to be in response to the defeat of the Action Congress of Nigeria in last Saturday’s National Assembly polls in Edo Central.

The ACN, which controls the state, however, swept the polls in Edo North and Edo South.

THE PUNCH learnt that the appointees from the Esan speaking area (Edo Central) were sacked for failing to deliver their zone to the ACN. There were also unconfirmed allegations that some of them engaged in anti-party activities and fraternised with opposition parties.

Among those sacked on Thursday were the chairmen of Igueben Local Government Transition Committee, Mr. Tom Adodo, and his counterpart in Esan Central, Mr. Tony Momodu; the Special Adviser to the Governor on Legal Matters, Mr. Efosa Urhoghide; Chairman, Edo State Broadcasting Service Board, Mr. Phillip Olumese; and Chairman, Edo State Water Board, Frank Erewele.

It was learnt that Governor Adams Oshiomhole became furious on learning that some of the ACN leaders from the area allegedly collected money from an unnamed opposition party to work against their own party. This allegedly led to the defeat of the ACN senatorial candidate in the area, Mrs. Herbeter Okonofua, by Senator Odion Ugbesia of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Oshiomhole had on Wednesday dropped the two members of his cabinet from Edo Central, Anslem Ojezua (Information and Orientation) and Lucas Okojie (Transport).

Also removed were the Special Adviser to the Governor on Environment, Mr. Peter Okoh, and Special Adviser on Education, Dr. Sunday Edeko.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104153391415
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by sayso: 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
so now it is a party affair instead of welfare of the people,sorry Niaja will not move forward with that.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by welycans: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
so called hypocrite man fighting against unemployment in the name of labor congress has become corrupted with politics,
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Myself2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Noooo,Oshiomhole nooooo
This man has completely lost it
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by strangest(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
Thats what happens when a LABOUR man turns POLITICIAN, years back he maybe planning a strike to bring them back but now he is responsible for their sack letter
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2011
I really don' t care how dirty they go. I just want development delivered to the people. If you study carefully you will know neither oshiomole nor Fashola is clean but they are delivering. So whats the buzz about? It only makes the game of politics more interesting
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2011
This is hard to believe!
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Akosbaba(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
If they received bribes from pdp then his actions are justified.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by MeGaStReEt: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Oshit-Ole aka the schemer. This guy is a green snake. I can't wait to see his axx out of that state house
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Oshit-Ole aka the schemer. This guy is a green snake. I can't wait to see his axx out of that state house
In your wildest dreams, it aint gonna happen grin
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 190: 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
[size=58pt]Oshiomhole AGAIN!!

Why cant this man Just Leave EDO STATE alone!!
[/size]
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
[size=99pt]Because
Edo State
needs
HIM
[/size]
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by juman(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2011
Anyway, Jonah will carry the day in Edo State.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Bawss1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
I thought Oshiomhole was the man.  
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by nearest(m): 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2011
I don't see anything bad in his sacking them, according to the sacked commissioner of information Anslem Ojezuwa on ITV benin, they failed to deliver, the voters in that area voiced their displeasure on the level of development in that area, which means those in government are not doing enough to  sell the program of the government to the people, the governor has prioritized the development of the state, and its expected that these special assistants and commissioner would sensitize the electorates in their areas for the need to vote ACN.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 190: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
^^ story

Oshiomole must have siphoned some money again!!

Sometin is really wrong,

God don dey expose him Nyash!!
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
Bawss1:

I thought Oshiomhole was the man.  
He  is the man and will be the man until he's done his two terms. It is only an enemy of Edo state that will say Oshiomole is bad. The development of infrastructure in Edo state is greater than that of delta state. Then put into consideration that delta state earns 4 times or more what Edo state state earns and you will love the man. You will hardly see a govt official that relates with the people the way he does

Oshiobaba is he ideal politician Nigeria needs, not saying he's perfect but he's great.
190:

^^ story

Sometin is really wrong,

Very ignorant post, please be civil and factual
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by nearest(m): 3:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
190:

^^ story

Sometin is really wrong,

Really? Have you been there? I mean Edo state, if you have not please modify your post.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 190: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
Story!!

The schemer @ his best

haters kiss my as[i]s[/i] undecided

more updates on the thief here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643252.0.html
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
190:

Story!!

The schemer @ his best

All the way from the UK, I'm sure you are related to one of those big bellied pdp crooks in the state. Log out and lick your wounds, Edo state will never be won by pdp again. I am very sorry but that is it grin
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by OmoTier1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2011
190:

Story!!
The schemer @ his best

Osunbor and PDP must be your immediiate family members for you to make such comments.

Edolites have seen the man oshiomoleh in action and they have overwhemingly backed him and sorry PDP is a dead corpse in Edo State.

Good Oshiomhole has the political WILL to sack non-performing govt. officials. This I believe will make others to sit up and work hard for the state.

How do explain a commissioner of health who awarded hospital renovation to a contractor, failed to deliver the project and the commissioner kept telling lies at ECO meetings to the governor and other members of the cabinate

What will you make of a commissioner of agriculture who was asked to gonround the state and verify the real farmers/farmer group that should be given the 1bn agric loan only for him to ignore the farmers on ground and went tp meet PDP godfathers in the state asking them to send names that he could use to manipulate the loan to favour them!

I do not support all of Oshiomhole's actions but this sacking is long over due. If you are sincere with yourself, ask questions about these people he has sacked and what they have been doing in his government and you would be shocked by the responses.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Osunbor and PDP must be your immediiate family members for you to make such comments.

Edolites have seen the man oshiomoleh in action and they have overwhemingly backed him and sorry PDP is a dead corpse in Edo State.

Good Oshiomhole has the political WILL to sack non-performing govt. officials. This I believe will make others to sit up and work hard for the state.

How do explain a commissioner of health who awarded hospital renovation to a contractor, failed to deliver the project and the commissioner kept telling lies at ECO meetings to the governor and other members of the cabinate

What will you make of a commissioner of agriculture who was asked to gonround the state and verify the real farmers/farmer group that should be given the 1bn agric loan only for him to ignore the farmers on ground and went tp meet PDP godfathers in the state asking them to send names that he could use to manipulate the loan to favour them!

I do not support all of Oshiomhole's actions but this sacking is long over due. If you are sincere with yourself, ask questions about these people he has sacked and what they have been doing in his government and you would be shocked by the responses.
Thank you my brother, I am waiting for 190 to respond, when the political thieves elite speak they are never hard to spot.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by emmatan4: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
Hhh
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by TCD: 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

LOL. Is it a coincidence that the so called 'non-performing govt officials' are all from Edo central where ACN lost elections?
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by daroz(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

sorry to disappoint u, oshiomole cant leave till his 8years is complete
190:

[size=58pt]Oshiomhole AGAIN!!

Why cant this man Just Leave EDO STATE alone!!
[/size]
[size=58pt]190 AGAIN, why cant this bitch leave OSHIOMOLE alone?[/size]
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by MIBB: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2011
It is a shame that the architect of one man one vote cannot stand to see its effect. ACN's loss in esan is reaction to mass neglect of oshiomole administration.

The people know that nothing will change their fate under a regime that see the esans as his enemy, our fate will thrive better if we align with the more powerful centre.

What was Oshiomole expecting from his kitchen cabinet members, rig for him? if no, why is it hard for the man to accept the wish of the people.

This man lost focus long time ago and we are only seeing bits of it.
My advice for him is to get set to be voted out next year, enough of his clueless regime.
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2011
Donlittle:

The Edo State Government on Thursday announced the sacking of more political appointees.

The move is believed to be in response to the defeat of the Action Congress of Nigeria in last Saturday’s National Assembly polls in Edo Central.

The ACN, which controls the state, however, swept the polls in Edo North and Edo South.

THE PUNCH learnt that the appointees from the Esan speaking area (Edo Central) were sacked for failing to deliver their zone to the ACN. There were also unconfirmed allegations that[b] some of them engaged in anti-party activities and fraternised with opposition parties.
[/b]

Among those sacked on Thursday were the chairmen of Igueben Local Government Transition Committee, Mr. Tom Adodo, and his counterpart in Esan Central, Mr. Tony Momodu; the Special Adviser to the Governor on Legal Matters, Mr. Efosa Urhoghide; Chairman, Edo State Broadcasting Service Board, Mr. Phillip Olumese; and Chairman, Edo State Water Board, Frank Erewele.

It was learnt that Governor Adams Oshiomhole became furious on learning that some of the ACN leaders from the area allegedly collected money from an unnamed opposition party to work against their own party. This allegedly led to the defeat of the ACN senatorial candidate in the area, Mrs. Herbeter Okonofua, by Senator Odion Ugbesia of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Oshiomhole had on Wednesday dropped the two members of his cabinet from Edo Central, Anslem Ojezua (Information and Orientation) and Lucas Okojie (Transport).

Also removed were the Special Adviser to the Governor on Environment, Mr. Peter Okoh, and Special Adviser on Education, Dr. Sunday Edeko.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104153391415

There is no point keeping hypocrite in his administration.good move oshiomole !
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by JUO(m): 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
bad bele people
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by OmoTier1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2011
TCD:

LOL. Is it a coincidence that the so called 'non-performing govt officials' are all from Edo central where ACN lost elections?
It is either you know little about those in Oshiomhole's government ir you'r trying to castigate the man for cheap political point. A look at the list will show that those He sacked cuts across EDO NORTH, CENTRAL AND SOUTH.

Again of what use is a traitor and/or are traitors during the time od war? Good riddance i dare say! Now I am sure others in his cabinate would know for real thier position is not safe and thd only thing that keeps safe is when they work for the people and not any godfather!
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by Johns83: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
Eleven Reasons Why You Should Waste Your Vote On Jonathan
April 15, 2011 - 14:36 — siteadmin
By Safiya Musa

One, he’s the kind of president that will vote N10bn for 6 federal universities but will give N30bn for the entertainment industry. They say it is a loan but is the the entertainment industry the most endangered? What about the health and education sectors?

Two, he’s the type of president that will vote N1.3bn for furniture in less than a year after his house was renovated for him and a similar amount spent by the deceased president on the same house? Insensitive? Selfish?

Three, he’s the kind of president that will provide intervention fund for the textile industry and less than one week later lift the ban on the importation of textile!

Four, he’s the kind of president that will increase the age of cars allowed into the country from 10 to 15 years when governments all over the world are spending billions to eliminate high carbon based carbon from the society because of
negative impact on the environment.

Five, he’s the kind of president that will set up six universities premised on a silly reason that every state should have one, created additional three when all the existing ones are in a state of uselessness due to huge under-funding?

Six, he’s the kind of president that will waive and allow duty free importation of rice into the country, denying our local farmers the revenue, the support and the patronage needed for growth; all in the name of politics. Even Baba Iyabo was unhappy and could not believe that we import rice with so much local production going on.

Seven, he’s the kind of president that will consider creating an airport in each state of the federation when the existing international and local ones are in ruins and taken over by goats and cows. Please visit Kano International Airport at night and see whether you won't have to read psalm 23 for safe landing.

Eight, he’s the kind of president that will spend an entire $4.5bn in excess crude oil account in less than eight months; arguing that the account is illegal but the people have not seen anything he did with the money. Na wa oh!

Nine, he’s the kind of president that will spend N10bn or N17bn on an anniversary with nothing to write home about. Ghana spent less than N200m and the impact is still on 2 years later – I still dey vex for this one!

Ten, he’s the kind of president who under the guise of raising money for election keeps the price of kerosene and AGO at over N130. Well, it’s good for the masses. Na only no queues at the filling station una dey see?

Eleven, he’s the kind of president who will spend so much money on a carnival like campaign around the country without spending time to reflect on the number of children without shoes, without books and without food. Or are poverty stricken people no more in Nigeria?
In sum, the guy does not have the capacity to lead us. Many say he’s nice. That’s true but so are children; but if we allow them to lead even our houses, we can only harvest destruction.
Besides, who wants a nice president? Nice neighbour, yes; nice wife, yes; nice friend, yes. But a nice president?
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by 190: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Hater's have been blind folded by the schemer

The people have been decieved, why cant people seen oshiomole behind who he really is

This evil spirit is out to decieve the people of Edo state,

He's the new and reformed IBB

damn, why aree people so blind!! undecided
Re: Gov Oshiomhole Sacks More Govt Officials by papadonkee: 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
For once, if someone takes a bad decision, can we be honest enough with ourselves to just call it a bad decision?

There can be no justification for sacking members of your cabinet because you lost an election in their area. No justification whatsoever. Were they appointed to work for the State, or as campaign coordinators?

This has nothing to do with Oshiomhole's performance as a Governor, or the contest between ACN and the PDP, or the wrestling match between him and Chief Anenih.

As a single political decision, it sends the wrongest kind of signal out - that the Governor is at war with an ethnic tribe. This sort of politics has no place in Edo State, and all true democrats must recognise the danger inherent in acts like this, and condemn it completely and unequivocally.

Edo State reminds me of George Orwell's novella Animal Farm.

In Orwell's classic tale about the impossibility of the attainment of an undemocratic utopia, the animals got rid of their benevolent human masters, only to have them replaced by despotic animals, trying their damnedest to be like their recently deposed human masters.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

This is not the kind of change we need in Edo State!. Oshiomhole was elected Governor of the entire State by the entire State, and he cannot wish Esanland away.

ACN!!! *Oink*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. / What's Your Opinion On Dr. Doyin Okupe / Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.