Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP (28534 Views)

Satumari: North-East Will Vote For Northern Presidential Candidate / APC May Re-open Sale Of Forms To Allow More Northern Presidential Hopefuls / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Rugaria: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2021
Monogamy:

Ojukwu,the Biafra hero that contested for presidential election, how many votes did he get from SE region?

How many credible and acceptable candidates have SE region provided during the election circle?

Perhaps, 2011 did not exist in you guys calendar when the Yoruba people rallied around for GEJ to win his first official term.

And btw, if you guys didn't fit deem to support and vote for presidential candidates from your region, SE, how do you expect others to do same?

Are Moghalu, Oby Ekwezile Kanuri?

You guys always mention Ojukwu.. I don't owe Ojukwu any vote! I'm not you that come from a monarchical environment and as such must tow the line. I support him as a Biafran leader. Will vote for him as a Biafran leader, but Ojukwu trying to be the president of Nigeria? That to me was not part of the plan. If there was any plans on that, I didn't get the memo, likewise millions of Igbos! To millions of Igbos, he was a living monument to Biafra. Watching him diving deep while getting involved in the messy waters of Nigerias politics was an anus tightening period...If he wakes up today and tries to contest, I won't vote for him cos I don't believe in that! That's my mentality! That's what a republican society does to her children and I'm proud of that heritage!

In so many ways, I consider some of the misunderstandings that follow political interactions in this country to be some sort of extended cultural clashes? You see the way you seem to be totally surprised I didn't really rally behind Ojukwu with other Igbos. You as a Yoruba seem to be far too scandalized by that. You can't understand that. In your mind, I was supposed to vote for him. But in igboland, I don't see nor hear people talking or looking at that issue this way. We don't perenially owe him total and unquestioned political support, irrespective of his political choices. But in your environment that's not totally same. That's a cultural gap that must be recognized. You vote clannishly as a serf, I don't. We should all endeavor to respect that unless when each other's interests are being breached by the others choices as was the case with your protege Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Cosbyrich: 8:42am On Mar 22, 2021
wwwihy:

Bros forget all those noise...they are the making of opposition, media and politicians that loose out from the power equation. We know there are challenges of insecurity but the most favoured Region in Nigeria in terms of development under Buhari is South West. What South West is getting under Buhari, we never had 10% of it under Obasanjo....

Fulani terrorist.

Obasanjo.
Jonathan
or any other Southerner who is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by chatinent: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2021
Landmark.

Population.

It's all right.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Monogamy: 8:45am On Mar 22, 2021
Rugaria:

You guys always mention Ojukwu.. I don't owe Ojukwu any vote! I'm not you that come from a monarchical environment and as such must tow the line. I support him as a Biafran leader. Will vote for him as a Biafran leader, but Ojukwu trying to be the president of Nigeria? That to me was not part of the plan. If there was any plans on that, I didn't get the memo, likewise millions of Igbos! To millions of Igbos, he was a living monument to Biafra. Watching him diving deep while getting involved in the messy waters of Nigerias politics was an anus tightening period...If he wakes up today and tries to contest, I won't vote for him cos I don't believe in that! That's my mentality! That's what a republican society does to her children and I'm proud of that heritage!

In so many ways, I consider some of the misunderstandings that follow political interactions in this country to be some sort of extended cultural clashes? You see the ay you seem to be totally surprised I didn't really behind Ojukwu. You as a Yoruba seem to e far too scandalized by tht. You can't understand that. In your mind, I was supposed to vote or him.but in igboland, I don't see nor hear people talki or looking at that issue this way. That's a cultural gap the must be recognized. You vote clannishly as a serf, I don't. We should all endeavor to respect that unless when each other's interests are being breached by others choices a was the case with your protege Buhari.

Why then did you challenge Yoruba of not voting for presidential candidates from SE?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Asgard13: 8:48am On Mar 22, 2021
Power return soon to North 2023

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Resurrection212: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Igbo instead. We imo are not igbo and we are not PDP.
Monogamy:
grin

Life is indeed unfair... Baboon dey work, monkey dey chop
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Rugaria: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Monogamy:

Why then did you challenge Yoruba of not voting for presidential candidates from SE?
Is Ojukwu the only igbo candidate? He even wanted a break up of Nigeria and you fought to kill him. What happened to
Chuba Ojadigbo
Kalu Idika Kalu
Chu Okongwu
Ike Nwachukwu (who fought together with you against the Igbo during the war)
Orji Kalu
Alex Ekwueme
Rochas Okorocha
Most former governors from the east and senators etc

All these folks have tried contesting! You didn't vote for any! You voted for Buhari a fulani jihadist!
Is Buhari in anyway intellectually better than the few i mentioned there?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Monogamy: 8:55am On Mar 22, 2021
Rugaria:

Is Ojukwu the only igbo candidate? He even wanted a break up of Nigeria and you fought to kill him. What happened to
Chuba Ojadigbo
Kalu Idika Kalu
Chu Okongwu
Ike Nwachukwu (who fought together with you against the Igbo during the war)
Orji Kalu
Alex Ekwueme
Rochas Okorocha
Most ormer governors from the east and senators etc

All these folks have tried contesting! You didn't vote for any! You voted for Buhari a fulani jihadist!
Is Buhari in anyway intellectually better than the few i mentioned there?

All those you listed above, how many votes did they get from SE as a region?

And is it only SW that rejected them?

Charity begins at home

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Olatomiwami(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Rugaria:

Which party should they have voted for in 1999? Your Yoruba party, the AD? How many Igbos have you Yorubas voted for in a presidential election since the inception of Nigeria? Should we be perenially be voting for you while you find it convinient to find excuses to avoid voting for any igbo candidate? You guys framed Jonathan as an igboman in order to assemble enough base hate against the poor guy! Why is it a taboo for you to vote an Igbo since1960 and why do you sound do frustrated that they attempted to reciprocate that gesture!?

Hey!!! Framed Jonathan or GEJ framed himself by been suicidal with his looting entourage, his statement of Igbo are the pillars of my Govt is not different from what Buhari too is doing now, if he had been up and doing, APC will never be an option. Everybody has since the failure of both Buhari and GEJ, at least is an eye opener for us all to get out of this useless marriage called Nigeria, every disappointment is a blessing in disguise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Olatomiwami(m): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2021
Monogamy:

Ojukwu,the Biafra hero that contested for presidential election, how many votes did he get from SE region?

How many credible and acceptable candidates have SE region presented during the election circle?

Perhaps, 2011 did not exist in you guys calendar when the Yoruba people rallied around for GEJ to win his first official term.

And btw, if you guys didn't fit deem to support and vote for presidential candidates from your region, SE, how do you expect others to do same?

Are Moghalu, Oby Ekwezile Kanuri?

Their narratives is always to sooth their ego,ask them if Ojukwu is a Fulani,y was he not voted then? All Yoruba states voted Gej except Osun, so Gej is Yoruba right?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2021
PDP is a very selfish party.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by BlessedNuel: 9:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Make i no talk wetin dey my mind first

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by contigiency(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Stupid people. If you like get your candidate from Niger Republic, you will still be defeated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by shadeyinka(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by nsiba: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi

https://www.independent.ng/why-we-prefer-northern-presidential-candidate-in-2023-pdp/

Any Southerner that will remain in this party should start converting to an aboki and disappear from the South

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by shoczy(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2021
Abi ogun wan kill una ni.... Awon werey Sha, see ppl wey we bin tink say go try help us small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by omoluka: 9:24am On Mar 22, 2021
OneTemplate:
Previously, as a Yoruba APC supporter who assumed Northerners are honorable, I would have said it is a PDP matter that does not concern me. With what APC is doing too I am now convinced it is really not about dedication to political Party for Northerners.

It is about holding on to power and thus control of Nigeria. The Behaviour of Buhari and other Northerners in the APC shows they are not honorable, just and equitable. They have no enduring commitment to the Party beyond what they want to use it to achieve.

Every Southerner should key into the idea of Nigeria separating. We should go our separate way than for a Northerner to lead Nigeria a day after Buhari's tenure ends.

Let us separate and renegotiate how we will all interact socio-economically in future as it appears that is the only way the North will be put in it's place so it it does not continue to drag all of us towards total paralysis or failure it is fast heading towards.
God bless you my brother

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by akdjr(m): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2021
As long as the Almighty God still filled the earth with air PDP will never come back to rule this country called Nigeria again.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by dododawa1: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2021
WHY PDP and APC alone
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Mitsurugi(m): 9:26am On Mar 22, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
Head or Tail...That IPOB and Secessionist Party Called The PDP Will Never Win Any General Election..

Because you are the fat all seeing eye grin
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by fredoooooo: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2021
Atiku Dollar , mad people , chop and ruin Pandemic party grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by lekki1444: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2021
igbos it time to support igbo-ho cheesy cheesy

yall see the rhyme ? igbos and igboho ?
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by kindlyheart: 9:27am On Mar 22, 2021
slave mentality. what they want is to use the population of the north as a leverage to get back into power while the north keeps sucking the south dry.

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by bjdon: 9:27am On Mar 22, 2021
I will continue to beg SE and SW youths to extend the hand of friendship and cooperation to each other. Enough of the online insults and name calling. There is a common enemy on the horizon. The North. The North wants to completly dominate Nigeria. If the South remains divided, they will succede. The youths have the ability to change the direction of this country. You showed it during the EndSars protests. Southern Youths MUST unite now and call for total restructuring of the nation or no election in 2023 in the South. This is our last chance

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Labadi69: 9:28am On Mar 22, 2021
Clearing road for Atiku! That’s all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by baseb: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2021
What do you expect from selfish politicians? 2023 and beyond is going to surprise a lot of people. Let us pray we still have a country post 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by loopman: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2021
This is clearly an attempt to deny the Igbos what they’ve labored for since 1999 in PDP

Sheer injustice by Pdp

5 Likes

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Amumaigwe: 9:29am On Mar 22, 2021
OneTemplate:
Previously, as a Yoruba APC supporter who assumed Northerners are honorable, I would have said it is a PDP matter that does not concern me. With what APC is doing too I am now convinced it is really not about dedication to political Party for Northerners.

It is about holding on to power and thus control of Nigeria. The Behaviour of Buhari and other Northerners in the APC shows they are not honorable, just and equitable. They have no enduring commitment to the Party beyond what they want to use it to achieve.

Every Southerner should key into the idea of Nigeria separating. We should go our separate way than for a Northerner to lead Nigeria a day after Buhari's tenure ends.

Let us separate and renegotiate how we will all interact socio-economically in future as it appears that is the only way the North will be put in it's place so it it does not continue to drag all of us towards total paralysis or failure it is fast heading towards.

Because it is obvious that Tinubu's presidential dream has been cremated and buried, you are now looking for Southern solidarity. You were warned, but you believed that the warning was fuelled by jealousy.

Get used to the idea that Fulani will never relinquish power until SW lands are completely taken over. Thankfully, they have realized that SE is now their burial ground.
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by Golan007: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
Head or Tail...That IPOB and Secessionist Party Called The PDP Will Never Win Any General Election..

grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by tidoabdul(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2021
just say why u prefer atiku
Re: Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP by loopman: 9:32am On Mar 22, 2021
princemillla:
Pdp will not smell the gate of aso rock let alone win. People are even looking at them like messiah come 2023 but with this show of poor tactics and reasoning it shows they r not ready to even run head to head with apc

You are looking for messiah in a politician? You must be very dumb and naive

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nothing Will Stop Tinubu's Inauguration On May 29 - LP (apapa-faction) / Feb Poll: Emirs Rebuff Pro-jonathan Lobby / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.