Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? (16232 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Francisayo(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2021
I've been teaching in a private school for two years, but the money is just too small and never enough this made me think of a business to start...

I got a loan of #500k to start a block industry on a small scale, even though I'm still in fact finding and research stage about the business but I hope to start very soon.

I'm currently not in my town as where I teach is in another state but I planned to set up d block industry in my town.

I planned to resign next week after vacation, I want to tell d owner I won't be resuming with them next term...

Guys do u think this is a good idea.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Hashabiah: 8:22am On Mar 25, 2021
My advice : Think big, start small, start now.

Peace

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Francisayo(m): 9:08am On Mar 25, 2021
Hashabiah:

Peace

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by rottable(m): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2021
I hope you have enough knowledge on Block business. I wish you the very best of luck

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Francisayo(m): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2021
rottable:
I hope you have enough knowledge on Block business. I wish you the very best of luck

I'm currently getting knowledge on it

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Ikemefuna44: 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
Think am well well!
Though, having an industry or any profitable business is financially better than any teaching job, especially if you are teaching in a primary or secondary school. But think am well, because for this Buhari regime, 500k be like 50k and it is massively deficient for starting a business.

47 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Francisayo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Ikemefuna44:
Think am well well!
Though, having an industry or any profitable business is financially better than any teaching job, especially if you are teaching in a primary or secondary school. But think am well, because for this Buhari regime, 500k be like 50k and it is massively deficient for starting a business.

Planning to add 100k to it...that should be able to get d machines and other things.... Though I'm still doing more research on it

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by BuhariM(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Well it's nice you thinking outside the box. Those who teach in private schools have little or nothing to show.

You'd be surprised 5-7 years you will still be on a salary scale of 20-30k (thunder fire poverty)

But OP, that money might be small but you can manage to get those manual steel for making blocks, buy storage tanks for water (if you have well close by lucky you).

Meet with those who supplies Sands and cements (u can be selling cements too on a lowkey, u take delivery in small quantities directly from an authorised dealer)

Trust me with time you'd bounce and be proud of yourself.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by BigSarah(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
With the rising cost of cement not advisable, moreover this is raining season before real sales start would take a couple more months.. Eh what do I know

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Offpoint1: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
Just quit bro now else you will keep procrastinating till infinity.....

You can play 2 sure odds with 500k and rollover the next day grin and you'll have more than enough to start.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Anigreat: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
shocked

Quit!!!!!!!

Everything in this life is about taking risk and chances. Take the risk of the block business, if you make it, you'll be happy, if you fail you'll learn so much lessons. Goodluck bro!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Made619(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
The greatest risk in life is failure to take a risk.

all the best

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by nelszx: 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Tiny drops of water makes the ocean what it is
It may be difficult in the short term but you'll enjoy it later with time
Go and soar

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by SmartPolician: 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hashabiah:

Peace

Waste of useful space undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by whela(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Q
U
I
T
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by merieam16(f): 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:

I'm currently getting knowledge on it
Resign during the long vacation thats ard july cos by den u would av had enough knowledge abt d business

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by DonX001: 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
If you're hardworking AND self driven (meaning you don't need a boss or an employer to push you to work, you can push yourself to work hard on your own), then it's the best decision you could ever take.
Cos in my opinion, any legit business is better than teaching in a private school in a typical town in Nigeria.
And block making could be quite lucrative if sited and managed right.
So it could be the best thing you've ever done for yourself.

But if you're not hardworking, or you need a boss to get yourself to work, you're OYO. In that case, better stick to your teaching job and look for a better job from there.

PS:
Learn very well about the block making before you start it o. If not, you may lament. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Enudapan: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Most
Private school teacher
The collect trash as salary

The main reason why every young one
Out there should start taking mushin weed
And start up a bombing career.

Quit the mudafukung job

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by mechanics(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
It's a good choice, but research well about the block industry business.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Yankiss(m): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
A good idea. Though you didnt give us an idea of your salary at the school. If the school is on holiday I will advice you delay a little in informing them and watch your business for a month or two. You need feasibility study of the business. Price of cement has been fluctuating. How many blocks per bag? what's block type - 5, 6 or 9 inches? What's the selling price per block and profit margin? You know certain things look good on paper and implementation reveals many drawbacks. Not all blocks may come through. There may be just around 90 percent conversion. The rest are wasted due to human error, rain, animals, etc. Start somewhere, it's much better than teaching!!

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Lomprico2: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
Francisayo:
I've been teaching in a private school for two years, but the money is just too small and never enough this made me think of a business to start...

I got a loan of #500k to start a block industry on a small scale, even though I'm still in fact finding and research stage about the business but I hope to start very soon.

I'm currently not in my town as where I teach is in another state but I planned to set up d block industry in my town.

I planned to resign next week after vacation, I want to tell d owner I won't be resuming with them next term...

Guys do u think this is a good idea.

Thanks

it is. pick a location that is developing for the business.

best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Cooldiipo(m): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
sad
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Oshi5403(m): 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
E CHOKE
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by adesegun121(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Lomprico2: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
Offpoint1:

You can play 2 sure odds with 500k and rollover the next day grin and you'll have more than enough to start.

lol, you be tuen!
Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by wunmi590(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
kiss

In as much as what you are doing would bring smile on your face and reduce the stress of having to shout untop of your voice with a meagre salary.

I have a school beside my house, and I see how teachers shout untop of their voice with small money, nah there I know say truly their reward is in heaven.

I could remember during my service year too, I nearly died with lesson note, teaching

1. biology from SSS1-3

2. Civic education JSS1- SS3

Social studies JSS1-JSS3.

E no easy, e come choke me self undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by MERCHANDISER: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
How much is the salary

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by sojfarm: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Keep the job until the business stabilised.

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by masterfactor(m): 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
invest in crypto

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? by Tjass4barca: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Offpoint1:

Nawa people dey sha .... guy see wetin you advice person go do bet for that matter...you wick sha

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.