Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. (2487 Views)

2016 crazy laptop deals part 1 / Cheapest Laptop Deals On Nairaland / Laptop Deals (non-tested And Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
Hello Nairaland users,

I have the following specs and I am sending them down next week to Port harcourt to be sold. I need your input on the prices that I am selling them @.
Are they a good deal compared to the local prices of similar deals[if they exist]? These are brand new systems

Package #1

Gateway Laptop
- Intel Centrino Core Duo
-1.6GHz
-802.11a/b/g Wireless
-1GB DDR2
-160GB HDD
-DVD RW
-Windows XP Media Center
-Refurbished
Bonus Item: Free blackberry 7230 or a 5 Megapixel Kodak share digital camera.

Price N120,000

Package #2

Compaq Presario
-Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
-AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core (1.7GHz)
-15.4" WXGA
-1GB DDR2
-802.11b/g WLAN
-80GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
-DVD+/-R/RW [Create your own custom DVDs/CDs to transport, archive, and back up video, music, photos, and data. Also benefit from the additional storage capacity of the double-layer disk]

Bonus Item: Free Wacom Graphire4 Tablet with Pen and Mouse or 200Gb external hard drive.

Price: N130,000

Package #3

Dell Inspiron Notebook
-Mobile AMD Sempron 3500+ (1.8GHz)
-Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
-1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
-120 GB SATA Hard Drive
-ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory
-15.4 WXGA
-CD RW/DVD Combo Drive
Bonus item : Free 1GB Black Ipod nano or Sony Playstation Portable

Price : N130,000

Thanks and hoping to get your sincere opinions. cool

Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Seun(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2007
The prices seem pretty ok for dual core systems.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Lovethis(f): 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2007
Are they brand new or used?
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 3:57am On Jul 09, 2007
@ lovethis
they are brand new systems with one year warranty from their respective manufacturers, no used system.

@Seun
is the pricing competitive? if not what do you think will be aan "attractive" price for them?
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Lovethis(f): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2007
They are very competitive and you will sell them off very quickly with those prices. i also send laptops to naija for sale and i wish i could sell mine that cheap. I believe you will sell them off very fast.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 1:36pm On Jul 09, 2007
thanks lovethis, I just thought to give it a shot.if it works out as I am hoping over time it will become cheaper with more options.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2007
lovethis did u get my email?
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Lovethis(f): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2007
Mazia, Yes, I just replied it and by the way, I am in georgia.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by SHOT(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2007
u wrote that the gateway is refurbished- but it still a very competitive price
the others too are quite okay for the prices especially with the bonuses.
anyway, u can contact me if u need someone to help u sell in Lagos
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Shot

I called you couple of days ago prior to posting this request but you hung up on me, probably cos of network [not sure just guessing].

what marketing strategy do you have in mind? If you have a good proposal we certainly can do some business.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by bimbor(m): 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hi lovethis,
pls i need to buy the new dell inspiron 1520 laptop, i don't know how this is possible by you, i mean , u said you send laptops to nigeria for sale and presently this laptop is not available in nigeria, how can you help me in purchasing it and sending it down, i'll cover for all the bills? pls what do you think?
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Lovethis(f): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2007
Bimbor, I'll send you email soon.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by SHOT(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2007
mazia:

@Shot

I called you couple of days ago prior to posting this request but you hung up on me, probably because of network [not sure just guessing].

what marketing strategy do you have in mind? If you have a good proposal we certainly can do some business.

am sorry, guess probably the network was bad.
what i have in mind is probably a bulk supply to companies, retailers and wholesalers. since i building as much contacts as possible. then i will be launching a full flegde computer e-commerce site soon ,strictly for nigeria.
wat do u think
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 4:48am On Jul 26, 2007
sounds very interesting, can you send me more details please, I just sent the specs i posted on here to PH and I already have buyers for them, send me a detailed plan and i will call you this weekend to discuss it.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by Seun(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2007
I don't understand why laptops seem to be getting more expensive. sad
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 5:22am On Jul 28, 2007
Seun what do you mean by that statement?
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by VC2007(m): 1:47am On Jul 30, 2007
Well mazia

Your prices are relatively ok but they are not all that superb as lovethis and a few others want us to believe.

I agree with Seun's last mail about laptops being expensive. See, una wey dey abroad there need to dey consider us here small cos e no easy for naija. Economy dey bite. The laptop wey we dey buy sef no electricity to use am unless we buy generator. Try and see if u can bring the price down a bit. I actually want to buy a good laptop this week and good for me, I reside in Port Harcourt.

Am serious about buying so pls call me on 08066574226 and lets see if we can arrive at a price I believe is good for me. You can also mail me with the add. below.

It always pays to be good
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2007
I will call you today about an hour from now. I am actually sending two laptops and a couple of other items[ USB flash drives with finger print authentication,blackberry phones,external hard drives car mp3 player etc ] to portharcourt by friday because my partners are in PH. Hopefully we can work something out before I ship them out.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by exago(m): 11:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
right on bro. will get in touch
+2347030160500
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2007
Update: one of the laptops have been spoken as of today and The other is still available for grabs. If interested send me an email at omaav@hotmail.com
This offer is strictly for NAIRALAND users.
The configuration is
Dell Inspiron E1405 Intel® Core™ DUO T2350 1.86GHz
14.1" WXGA
1GB RAM
160GB
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
802.11b/g
Windows Vista Home Premium
1yr Warranty
Bonus Item at no charge:1GB MP3/MP4 Player w/ FM Tuner/ Voice Recorder 1.8" Display
The non-negotiable price for this unit is N120,000.
Offer ends Tomorrow.

THIS IS A NEW LAPTOP ,NOT REFURBISHED. If you find a better deal ,email me and will meet the price[and I highly doubt that]

Exago will call you in 2 hrs.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 3:08am On Aug 24, 2007
Update for nairalanders
I successfully to my utter amazement sold 2 laptops, 10 biometric flash drives, portable external hdd, blackberry phones and car mp3 players within 4 days of it arriving at PH.

I am sending more stuffs next week. when I work out a few kinks i am experiencing with logistics and build a reputation, there should be an ecommerce site where Nigerians can purchase products with either cash or credit/debit cards.
The laptops were sold for N100,000 configuration was
Gateway MT6458
Processor:-AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50(1.60GHz)
Screen size:15.4" Wide XGA
Memory Size: 1GB
HDD: 160GB 5400rpm
Optical Drive:Dual layer DVD Burner
Graphics Card:ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 IGP
Operating system: windows Vista
WLAN :802.11n Wireless LAN
Card Slot :1 x Type I/II PC Card Slot with CardBus support
USB = 4
IEEE 1394 = 1
Video Port = 1 x VGA, 1 x S-Video TV-out
Audio Ports = 1 x Microphone jack; 1 x Headphone jack
Battery :8-cell lithium ion

The biometric flash drives (uses finger print authentication) 1GB sold for N5,000
i am tired of typing now, got to get some sleep, getting late.
I will be updating this thread to let y'all know what I was able to sell so that when the website is launched, you will get it ofr even cheaper that what I am selling them for now. good night all. cool cool smiley
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2007
@mazia am about building an ecommerce site where Nigerians can purchase products usig credit cards, atm cards, egold, paypal you name it, but its still in the pipeline.
Also just an advise why not send laptops with Nvidia instead of ATi graphic card
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2007
@adewaleafolabi
Thanks for the opinion, I will make the adjustment in the graphics card type, did not think it made much difference. when is your site scheduled to launch, cos mine is scheduled to launch on the 29th of september.
Actually it will be ready on the 15th of september but we will have to test it nad fix any bugs that may arise before going public.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by apmis: 2:20am On Aug 26, 2007
What kind of site would it be? I am interested in your next shipment
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2007
@Apmis
It is going to be an ecommerce site, where you can order consumer electronics at what i would consider an affordable price and it will be sent from the US to your destination within 10days or less. I am working out some integration issues with interswitch and my database.
what piques your interest in my next shipment as I am getting ready to place orders.A nairalander just placed an order with me yesterday for a laptop,once I deliver,he will be a testimonial to others .
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by apmis: 6:40am On Aug 28, 2007
Okay, I am working on something slightly different though. Looking forward to when you have it on. My interest is based on the voice of your writeup and your marketing appeal. 10 days is quite short.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by teeluv(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2007
hello laptop sellers:
laptop selling is pretty good and you get tomake a lot of profit depending on your specifications and unit price and how many and how fast you are willing to sell andlet your stock go.
i was online some mins ago on a U.S site and i saw wonderful prices and willing to let you guys know about it and see if you guys and to know if its different from what you guys buy so you guys will be able to make profit. ill get the price down to you guys and the spec.

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T5300 (1.73 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)

15.4" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

FREE Upgrade from 512MB DDR2 System Memory (1 Dimm) to 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)!

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with Additional Productivty Ports

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)

120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support

you can mail mefor info ife.taiwo@mail.com or teeluv4uall@gmail.com
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by teeluv(m): 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
forgot to add price
675 dollars
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2007
@teeluv

Do you mean you have websites that we can purchase laptops at good prices? if that what are the prices for the configs?

FYI: there are different ways to purchase stuff in the US, besides some of and a good majority of them are not what they say they are , trust me been there .
Good luck in your quest.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2007
Just looking at it, that configuration is either a Dell or an HP? I dare you to prove me wrong. that source of yours is not where to get the best price as i can almost tell where that is coming from.
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by teeluv(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
well its actually a compaq v6000tx series and its off the stores sites itsself

i hope i didnt prove you wrong
Regards
Re: Laptop Deals : Your Opinion Needed. by mazia(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
nope compaq is the lower end of HP. and it is not off their site either.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Mint " Rare Color Hp G62" + Accesories From Usa....Sold! Sold! / Original Jbl Charge 3 Brand New. 70k. Barcode Scanning Is Allowed.for Confirming / Clean HTC One M8 Is Available for 25k *firm*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.